Secrets of the Tea Room Ch. 14

Story Info
Rose and Jackson discuss their future.
3.3k words
4.72
8k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 14 of the 18 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/12/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With Jackson's decision to host a Christmas party and fueled by Vonne's seemingly endless energy, the house had become a beehive of activity. Caterers arrived at appointed times carrying samples of their specialties, all in hopes of being selected for this party. It promised to be the hit of the season. Vonne and Jackson would sample, nod at each other, make notes on a pad, then thank each successive vendor with a promise to make the selection soon.

Vonne contacted florists, decorators and musicians to entertain. She interviewed them personally and discussed suitable motifs, adornment of the house and grounds and listened to what seemed like an endless stack of tapes provided by local musicians.

Finally, two weeks before Thanksgiving, the engraved invitations were posted to Savannah's society pillars. Responses were quick in arriving and the party was insured to be a success.

Jackson was an excited whirlwind and had begun to get on Vonne's nerves. No less than half a dozen times every day he would question her about details of the party ... details she had assured him the day before, and the day before ... and the day before ...were under control.

Then early one morning I heard a knock on the door to my room. When I opened it Vonne was standing there, arms crossed over her chest and tapping one foot nervously, 'Dana ... could you please do something with Jackson! He's driving me crazy and actually getting in the way of my preparations for this event. Don't you think it's about time you got the next little bit of his story down on paper? Please! I'm going to have to lock him in a closet if you don't help me!'

Vonne didn't fluster nor had I ever seen her agitated. She didn't get perturbed either so I was convinced she was sincere, "Of course ... I was getting bored anyway ... what with you two so submerged in the planning for Rose's arrival and the party, I haven't had much to do. I'll corner Jackson this afternoon and see if I can't get him talking again. Why don't you get the kitchen to make us a nice, heavy lunch and serve wine ... that should get him calmed down and talkative ... I'll take it from there."

She startled me when she rushed forward and gave me a big hug, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'll go now and talk to the kitchen staff ... you're on your own this afternoon!', she turned and went quickly down the stairs.

I joined Jackson in the dining room at noon, good at their promise, the kitchen staff had prepared thick beef stew, heavy peasant bread and served a wonderful burgundy to compliment the flavors.

We just exchanged little pleasantries for the first half of the meal, then I broached the subject, "Jackson, you left me hanging ... you told me about the masque and how you won Rose's heart, but what happened next?"

I could see that his blue eyes were going soft with long ago memories. He poured himself another glass of wine and smiled, "I woke the next morning to find Rose lying on her stomach, propped up by her pillow clutched to her bosom ... she was gazing at me.

The sunlight shining through her tousled hair made her look like a sensuous angel hovering over me and I reached out to run my fingers down her cheek, tracing her lovely neck across to her shoulders. I only hesitated a moment there, brushing dark strands from her creamy shoulders before I continued slowly with just my forefinger brushing the full curve of her breast. I saw a little shudder then a smile on her lips as she bent to kiss the back of my hand.

I lifted her chin and she raised her lashes to reveal the want again rising in her, I swear I felt my heart constrict and I trembled as she leaned over to brush my lips with her tongue. Our kisses became more adamant and demanding as we sought to convince ourselves by touch that this wasn't, after all, just a dream.

Rather than the animal passion that drove us the night before, we now slowed to relish caresses, exchange gentle nibbles, kisses and smiles. Time was standing still for us and we took full advantage of it. I finally drew her into my arms and held myself above her so I could watch her face as I carefully brought her to climax.

I gloried in the sight of her. She first bite her bottom lip in an attempt to muffle her sounds, then her little moans and mewing sounds filled the room. Finally her back arched and her eyes closed as her mouth formed silent screams. She clasped her hand over her mouth since she could not contain her screams noiselessly any longer.

I felt myself well up inside her and together we plunged into the abyss. As my shudders subsided I lay beside her and pulled her to me reluctant to relinquish my connection with her. She nestled her head close to my shoulder and ran her finger tips lightly across my chest.

'Jackson, we need to talk ... our lives have just become more complicated than either one of us could ever have imagined. How are we going to deal with this?'

"Well, my darling, it will be easier to think on a full stomach, so 1'11 go to the kitchen in the big house and see what I can find for us. I brought each of us a change of clothes, hoping beyond hope that we would find ourselves here in the morning ... let's talk about it over breakfast."

I got up, dressed and practically leapt down the stairs. I followed the path to the plantation house and gave a cursory knock before entering the kitchen. It must have been a late night for our hosts as well because I found Alien and Jennifer still in their robes sitting at the kitchen table. Allen smiled when he saw me, 'Good morning ... Jennifer, my love, I'd like to introduce Mr. Jackson Emerly, an associate of our friend, Rose.' I smiled and extended my hand as Jennifer stood and smiled at me, 'It's a pleasure, Mr. Emerly ... any friend of Rose is a friend of mine.'

I responded to her smile, "The pleasure is all mine." Allen interrupted, This must mean your plans went well!'

"Yes," I beamed, "and now Rose and I are hungry! What do you have in the frig?"

'Never mind that' Jennifer was patting the chair next to her, 'come sit for a minute ... Sally, would you make up a breakfast tray for two please?' Allen could not contain himself any longer, 'Does Rose know that Jennifer and I had anything to do with your conspiracy?'

"No, not yet. And, if it's okay with you, I'd like to try to keep that little secret for a while. I'm sure Rose is going to insist on discretion and I don't want her getting mad at me right off the bat. She needs time to get used to the idea of 'us'."

'Of course not ...' Allen was interrupted by Sally bringing over a breakfast tray and sitting it down beside me. I stood, "Well, if you don't mind, I think 1'11 take this now before Rose faints from starvation. Is it okay if I come back later and call a taxi to take us back in to the city?"

Jennifer stood and gave me a hug, 'Just let Sally know when you'd like her to call the cab. Allen and I will be leaving within the hour, so there's no chance of Rose seeing us.' She gave me a kiss on the cheek as I turned to leave and as I backed out the door I saw that Jennifer was all wrapped up in Allen's arms and just stretching on tiptoe to give him a kiss. They had beaten all the odds and I was happy for them ... I hoped that Rose and I, too, would be as lucky.

When I got back to our hideaway, I found Rose dressed in the pants and loose sweater I had brought for her. She had her hair brushed uncharacteristically back into a pony tail and as she walked toward me I couldn't help but notice the sway of her breasts beneath the soft cashmere. She caught my eye and laughed, "With all your planning, you didn't think to bring any underwear for me ..."

I sat the tray down on small table by a window overlooking the formal gardens. In the daylight it was hard to believe that just a few hours ago it had provided many lovers with seclusion and had been the source of at least one lesson for a wayward harem girl.

I lifted the gingham towel to reveal thick rashers of smokehouse bacon, scrambled eggs, strawberry jam, croissants and a large carafe of strong chicory coffee. We were both ravenous and attacked the food not bothering to talk. Finally when our appetites were satisfied I poured two more cups of coffee, "Now I guess it's time we had that little talk ..."

Rose sank back into her chair and held her coffee with both hands. She didn't look at me as she spoke, but seemed spellbound by steam rising from her cup. 'I wasn't lying last night when I said I loved you ... I didn't want to love you, I tried not to ... but somehow I finally realized I had no other choice. You know what I am ... you know how I make my living ... Can you live with that? Can you go on loving me even though you know that I will share beds with numerous other men?

I never thought about it before but now I wonder if I could stand the thought of you sharing a bed with other women. I think what we have here is an impossible situation.

By the time I was born, my mother had given up our profession and settled down with my father. He knew of her past and cared nothing about it. She married him and kept her wedding vows as long as she lived ... that was sufficient for him.

By the time I grew old enough to be taught the ancient ways, my mother had passed away. Her sister, my Aunt Zorah, guided me in the erotic paths. She called upon one of her clients, a man she had helped some years before, to help me in crossing from a mere girl to a knowledgeable woman. He was kind and strong and patient ... and my first lover.

I thought for a while that I loved him, but it was just an infatuation. Although I've had many lovers over the years ... and many lovers have become friends ... you're the first man I've ever loved ...' she continued to monitor the effects her words had on me.

She was a master of human emotion ... able to read volumes into a raised eyebrow or in the cadence of breathing. She could read more in the size of the pupils of an eye than most psychologists ever recognized. I was never able to keep a secret from her for very long ... she saw into my soul.

She continued, 'Can we separate our private selves from our professional selves? Most people have a difficult time with that. You know how I felt ... sex and love have nothing to do with each other ... but that was yesterday ... last night I discovered that having sex with someone you love ... making love ... was different. What I found last night approaches something sacred ... I wasn't prepared for that. Do you feel these same things?'

I had been intently watching her as she spoke ... I watched as shadows and clouds crossed her face and drifted across the windows to her soul. She was being honest to the point of vulnerability. I got up from my seat and knelt in front of her with my hands on her waist, "I fell in love with you knowing everything you just talked about.

I don't expect it will be easy for either of us but I don't think it's impossible ... on the contrary I think it would be impossible for us not to be together. We will somehow manage, my love. We didn't come this far only to be separated."

She leaned over to kiss me and was once again smiling as she sat back, 'Maybe you're right ... well take it a little at a time and hammer out the problems as they come up ... but now, darling we need to get back to the city. Real life awaits outside these gates and I don't think we can avoid it much longer.'

I never wanted to leave the secure confines of the bachelor house but I asked Sally to call a taxi for us and we were back in New Orleans within a couple of hours.

Rose and I agreed that our personal relationship should remain just that ... personal, we didn't even confide in Queen. At the Tea Room and in the office at the house, we were strictly professional associates. It was more difficult than either of us imagined it would be. In the wild fire passion of newly found love neither one of us was capable of passing the other without a touch.

When we could not touch, our eyes carried messages of love, lust and excitement to the other. To tell you the truth, I don't think we were fooling any one but ourselves."

Shortly after attending the masque Rose approached me smiling, "I've just gotten a call from Allen ... he's asked Jennifer to marry him and she's agreed. I'm so very happy for both of them and he assures me well be invited to the wedding. They haven't set a date yet but they are thinking about Thanksgiving weekend ... I think the symbolism speaks for itself.'

We spent many nights after Agnes left exploring and understanding the uniqueness of the love we shared. Except on rare occasions when we went out of town or sometimes on a long weekend we never really slept together, but she would venture to my room or I would find myself tapping on her door.

I'll never forget the first time I saw her bedroom. One night after a long and tedious day we lingered over dinner and asked for another bottle of wine. The French doors were opened to the back gardens and the breeze carried in mixed scents of roses and gardenias.

The candles on the table danced in the breeze as we sat quietly letting Agnes clear our places and finally produced the second bottle of wine along with fresh grapes and cheese. Rose smiled up at her, 'I think that's all for tonight Agnes. Mr. Emerly and I will carry the wine glasses and dessert dishes into the kitchen when we've finished.'

We waited nibbling on the cheese and grapes until we heard the back door close and the muffled sound of the taxi departing. I reached across the table and took the hand she offered. As I rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb she asked, Why don't we take these last two glasses of wine to my room?'

Until that day I really didn't know where her room was, so I just nodded and stood never letting go of her hand. We each carried our wine glasses as she led me back through the main hall of the house. She turned and entered the parlor and crossed to what looked like a coat closet door. She opened it and led me inside. She turned on the lights and waited to see what my expression revealed.

Before me, unlike the studio bedroom, was a simple room painted white. Her curtains, upholstery and bed linens were all gingham and lace. A plain white cotton gown was draped over the chair by her dressing table.

"This is where I go to escape ...this is my refuge ... a place where business matters and cares of the world cannot follow me. Here I surrender to memories of simpler times and places." She led me across the room and in to her private bath ... also done is crisp white with a wainscoting of beadboard painted a wedgewood blue.

Against one wall stood a claw-footed tub and as I approached it I noticed it was a custom made reproduction. 'You noticed,' she walked up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist, 'this whirlpool was a luxury I couldn't pass up ... I love sinking into the water and having those jets melt away all the cares of the day. Thank goodness I had the foresight to have it built large enough for two ...' as her hands were wandering up unbuttoning my shirt.

She walked around to face me then turned to start the water. It was my turn to encircle her waist and snuggle in close to that lavish bottom. She wiggled a little as she stood and let her head fall back to my chest ... well, you can imagine the rest ...", his blue eyes twinkling at the memory.

He was still smiling to himself, lost in his memories, so I remained silent for a few minutes. When he looked up I asked, "When is Rose arriving?"

"I talked with her last night ... she has all but completed the details of the sale of her businesses ... only a few more signatures, getting the checks deposited in the bank, and perhaps can be here in two or three more days."

By the time he had completed the statement a wide smile had spread across his handsome face. He wore his love for this woman in full view of the entire world ... shamelessly, completely, and openly. Even a cynic such as myself could not help but be moved by the depth of his devotion and I envied both he and Rose ... they were among the rare few in the world who find such astonishing happiness.

"If you'll excuse me now Jackson, I think 1'11 go up to my room and get this all down on the computer. But, before I go, could I ask a personal favor?"

I had never asked him for a favor and his face showed a hint of being puzzled, "Of course Dana, what is it?"

"Well, I just wondered if you'd go into Savannah with me in the morning. I wanted to get some Christmas shopping done and I could use your help in selections for Vonne and Rose ..."

"Certainly! I need to get some of my own done as well ... why don't we just plan on making a full day of it?" Vonne had entered the dining room and was standing behind Jackson so that he didn't see her silent message of 'Thank you' before he turned around.

'Jackson, your attorney just called. They need to see you day after tomorrow in Atlanta to finish up those papers on that last real estate project ... can I call them back and let them know youll be there?'

He pulled the corner his mouth slightly in to his teeth and thought for a few seconds, "Yes. I suppose so ... Rose should be here Friday so that will work out fine. Ill be back in plenty of time to welcome her when she arrives. Yes, call them and let them know 1'11 be there by noon on Thursday."

Vonne had effectively gotten him out of the way for two and a half days. She could finish up her preparations for the Christmas party just two weeks away.