Secrets of The Tea Room Ch. 16

Story Info
Rose takes on what she thinks is her last "commission".
5.5k words
4.61
9.9k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 16 of the 18 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/12/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I found Jackson in his study waiting for me, "Well, Dana, we're just about finished here. There's only two more stories I want to tell you. Then if you could put together a hard copy for me by the first of the year I'd be most grateful. Of course, we've all grown quite fond of you here at Tanglewood and I want you to feel free to stay here as long as it takes for you to find a new place for yourself."

I didn't realize how close we were to finishing the project and the thought of separating myself from these people saddened me. I had become quite fond of them, as well. "Thank you Jackson, that's very kind. And, I'd like you to know that I have very much enjoyed being here with you and Vonne and look forward to getting to know Rose better."

He smiled and nodded, and indicated by a gesture of his hand that I should take a seat... he was ready to start talking. "You know, Dana, these last couple of months have been really difficult for Rose and myself ... I think it's the longest we've been separated in over twenty years. There was one other time ... that's one of the last stories I want to tell you about ...

Rose walked into the office at the Tea Room and sat down, 'Jackson, I guess we're about to get our first lesson in mixing personal and professional lives, I've been contacted about a new commission.'

I leaned back in my chair and tried my best to keep all expression from my face as she continued, 'Brad Mullen, a gentleman I worked with a few years ago just contacted me.

He is a respected physician locally and would like me to work with his brother-in-law, a Mr. Kellen Knight. Mr. Knight became a widower several years ago and has been spiraling further into depression as time goes along. Mr. Knight married his college sweetheart and they spent 32 happy years together until his wife was killed in an automobile accident.

Since that time he has grown more and more reclusive, lost interest in his business and has made no efforts to seek out any sort of relationship.

I don't believe there will be physical aspects of this commission ... Brad wants me to help Kellen Knight rebuild his ego and help him lay his insecurities to rest. Although he and his wife had a mutually satisfying intimate relationship, they were the first for each other ... Kellen Knight has no idea what another woman might expect, much less how to even begin to pursue another woman.

There is a dinner and silent auction to benefit a charity that Mr. Knight's company sponsors, it's been arranged for me to attend and meet Mr. Knight. If things go well, the commission should only take a few weeks and then we can both devote our time to getting the Day Spa up and running.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps we should divest ourselves of this facet of our business and expand into more conventional ventures ...'

As was normal for Rose she didn't wait for my input. More often than not these conversations were totally one-sided owing to the fact that she used me as a sounding board to think out loud. Some people not understanding her the way I did might think her incredibly rude, when in fact, it was the highest compliment she could pay me. She had grown to trust me, trust me with her thoughts, feelings, and plans ... trust me to look after her best interests ... trust me to believe in her ... trust me to hold her heart.

So Rose made plans to attend the dinner and silent auction where she would be introduced to Mr. Kellen Knight. Rose arrived at the auction dressed in understated elegance. She had chosen a midnight blue satin gown. It was simply cut and only hinted of the shape of the woman who wore it. Even in a plain gown, unadorned with jewelry, she turned heads as she walked in.

Brad Mullen had been keeping an eye out for her, so when she arrived he was quickly at her side. 'Rose, you look wonderful! I don't see how Kellen, or any other man in the room, could resist you. Let me get you a drink and we will mingle until I can introduce you to Kellen. What would you like?'

Rose smiled, 'Just a white wine, thank you.' and waited patiently near the entrance while Brad went to the bar for the drinks. When he returned he took her arm and started circulating among the guests until they finally approached Kellen.

His back was to them as he spoke with several men gathered in front of large placard, This is one of the most interesting items up for auction, don't you think gentlemen? Imagine a day cruise on my yacht, waited on hand and foot, petted and pampered, and having the whole thing topped off by a seven course gourmet meal! It's the perfect opportunity for one of you younger fellows to impress the hell out of your favorite lady ... be sure to bid generously ... after all, it's for charity and the whole thing will be a tax write-off for you! That should double your pleasure as well as double your fun!"

Well, Kellen' Brad interrupted, 'I see you are already priming the pump to get this auction underway with a little friendly competition between bidders ...' as Kellen turned when he heard Brad's voice his eyes froze on the woman beside Brad ... a woman more beautiful than he'd seen in a long time. 'Brad! It's good to see you ... and, does my sister know about your lovely companion?'

'Kellen, I'd like to introduce you to Rose Fleming ... Rose, this is my brother-in-law, Kellen Knight ....' Rose extended her hand, It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Knight. Your sponsorship of this event does wonderful things for so many people, you must be very proud.'

As she spoke, Rose took in the man who stood before her. He was a man old enough to be her father and totally unremarkable being of medium build and medium height ... but suddenly his insecurity and shyness were clearly evident.

Kellen took her extended hand, as he responded Rose realized her perceptions had been correct. The instant their hands touched his body language changed, his shoulders rounded almost imperceptibly and he only met her eyes in a fleeting glance. 'Ms. Fleming, the pleasure is mine. I do hope you enjoy yourself this evening, but you must excuse me, I just spotted someone I need to speak with ..." and he abruptly released her hand and quickly made his way to the other side of the room.

Brad turned to her, 'You can see now what I mean. He has no idea how to start a conversation with a woman much less carry it on. He's so uncomfortable he always bolts at the earliest opportunity. Do you think you can help him?' Rose smiled, 'Well, I'll surely try, but there are no guarantees you know. Mr. Knight may not even want to involve himself with anyone. Some times when a life-long companion is taken it creates a void which can never be filled again.

If he feels this way then no one could get through to him. But, well see ... I have a feeling I'd better take this awfully slow or else I'll scare him off altogether.' She took a deep breath, exhaled then said to Brad, 'You can go find your wife now. I think I'll have more luck if I appear to be by myself. I'll give you a call tomorrow and fill you in.' Brad nodded his consent and Rose turned to inspect the number of items included in the auction.

Although several men approached her as she made her way from one display to the other, she managed to maintain her solitary status. When the cocktail hour ended and dinner began to be served, Rose timed it so that she was one of the last guests standing, apparently unable to find an available seat at any of the tables.

She saw Kellen Knight speaking to the maitre' d near the podium and approached him, 'Excuse the interruption, Mr. Knight, but I wondered if you might be able to assist me in finding a vacant chair?'

Kellen was shocked at first to see her standing there in front of him again, but quickly was able to compose himself, 'Of course ... Mrs. Fleming ...' Rose took the arm he offered, "Please, Mr. Knight, it is Miss Fleming, but I would be grateful if you would call me Rose ... all my friends do.' And that made him smile.

He motioned to the maitre' d, "Robert, could you assist those two fellow over there at the far table to find other seats so that Miss Fleming and I may sit together through dinner?" The maitre' d nodded and expertly helped the two men find other seats so that Rose and Kellen could be seated within a couple of minutes.

As the soup was being served Rose engaged Kellen in conversation by asking direct questions and never letting the exchange lapse. She was able to ascertain within a short while some of his interests and used them to make him feel comfortable. By the time the dessert was served, he was actually smiling and had even chuckled once or twice.

Before he left the table to attend to the auction, Rose handed him one of her cards, 'I hope you'll call me, Mr. Knight ... I very much enjoyed your company this evening.'

He was obviously surprised, but gladly took the card, 'Please call me Kellen ... all my friends do.' He smiled at her then made his way to the podium.

Rose waited until the auction was in full swing before she made her way out. She didn't want to still be there at the end of the evening thinking that it would be much to much ... much to quickly for him... she wanted him to have a little time to get used to the idea that another woman might be interested in him.

She didn't have to wait long. The next afternoon she received a call from. They chatted for a while, then I heard her say, 'yes, I'd love to. And she hung up the phone.

Rose turned to me, 'Jackson, Kellen has just invited me to have dinner with him and then attend the symphony on Friday evening. Maybe things will work out for him after all.'

She smiled at me before leaving the office and I had a horrible chill run through me. I shook it off as jealousy and tried to put it out of my mind.

Kellen's limousine pulled up in front of the house at promptly 7:00 Friday night. He was handsome in his tuxedo and gazed approvingly as Rose met him at the door in a silk dress the color of mulberries. She had chosen the dress to compliment her creamy skin and dark hair and it did so perfectly.

I watched from the parlor window as Kellen took her arm to help her down the stairs and noticed as he gazed down at her decollete. I was suddenly in a rage and wanted to run after her but contained myself.

As she had pointed out, this was the first commission she had taken since we had discovered our love for each other and I chalked it up to testosterone poisoning. I loved her and suddenly knew that I could not share her with any other man. The only thing that kept me from running on to the porch after her was her assurance that this commission would have no intimate encounters. So, I poured myself another Scotch and watched them drive off.

It was almost midnight when the limousine once again pulled up in front of the house, and I stood in the shadow of the office door to watch them approach. Kellen once again had her arm ... and that was totally proper, but still resulted in a scowl on my face.

I couldn't hear what they were saying as the came up they walkway. I heard their steps on the front porch then the jingle of Rose's keys in the door. She unlocked the door and began to open it when Kellen then took her by the shoulders and pulled her toward him.

Rose did not object and he bent to kiss her goodnight. It was a gentle kiss but it lingered too long for me; however, there was no passion in it, so I remained quiet. When he released her Kellen said, 'Thank you for a wonderful evening ... probably the most wonderful evening I've had in years ... can I call you again?'

Rose crossed the threshold, 'Yes, Kellen. I'd like that. Good night.' and she gently closed the door. She didn't see me standing in the shadows and she waited by the door until she hear Kellen's footsteps retreating before she turned around.

She saw me then and gasped, 'God, Jackson! You scared me! How long have you been standing there?' I turned to enter the office and threw on the light, "Long enough to see him kiss you ... long enough to see that he wants more than just a kiss."

She followed me in the room and stood quietly for a while, 'Jackson, we knew this would be hard ... I understand your feelings, I've had to consider how I would feel in your place ... that's why I've decided that this is my last commission. It should only take another week or two, then well be free of these demands and ... if you want to ... free to start building a life together.'

What she had said to me slowly began to sink in and I turned to face her, "Rose, are you sure?"

'Yes, Jackson, I'm sure.'

"Then, Rose, when this is over ... will you marry me?"

It was her time to let things sink in, 'Jackson, are you sure you want me? Are you sure that the ghosts from the past won't haunt our future?'

"Yes, Rose, I'm sure."

She entered my embrace and found her home, 'Then, Jackson Austin Emerly, there's nothing I want more than to marry you.'

We spent the night wrapped in each other's arms, falling to sleep smiling after affirming our commitment to each other.

The next day a bouquet arrived at the Tea Room for Rose. Included was a card which read, 'When can I see you again?' and signed with a large scripted 'K'.

Rose noticed the look on my face when she finished reading the card, 'I'm sorry Jackson ... I know this is all incredibly difficult but I promise it won't take long ... and then we won't have to worry about anyone but ourselves.' She crossed the room to where I was standing behind my desk and placed her smooth tiny hands on my chest. She raised up on tiptoe and began to gently kiss me.

I was rankled and in no mood for gentleness. I pulled her to me and kissed her hard and long. I fairly lifted her off the floor and walked toward the door. I kicked the door shut and releasing her I used one hand to be sure the door was locked. Like some sort of animal in a feeding frenzy, I could not stop kissing or caressing her.

In only a few moments she was responding in kind and pressed herself tightly to me. I picked her up again and turned, setting her down on the edge of my desk. My mouth was exploring her mouth, kissing her neck, I raised her hands and kissed her palms while I looked deeply into her eyes. Once again our lips met in crushing demand. Our passions had been ignited and could not be delayed nor denied.

As her arms went around my neck I slid her skirt up to her waist ... she didn't protest as I began to remove her panties. Next my finger fumbled with the button on my trousers and zipper, finally they fell to my ankles along with my underwear. There was no foreplay, no whisperings of love, only the need to possess her completely. She scooted toward the front of the desk and I entered her suddenly causing her to gasp. The position was an awkward one and did not allow Rose any participation in this. As I continued her head fell back and I watched as her face began to glow, her eyes suddenly flew open wide, her breath came ragged and erratic.

I knew she was approaching her first orgasm and I wanted full control of her I growled, "Look at me! Look down ... watch me take you! You are mine! This is mine! Look, damn it! Watch me take you!"

Rose began to tremble, as she looked up she said, 'I am yours ... I have been yours forever ... even before I knew you, I knew somehow I was yours. We will always be together. Then she shuttered at her own release as I found my home within her. Once the tremors stopped and our breathing returned to normal I kissed her gently, confident once again that we had our whole lives together to look forward to.

We got ourselves back to normal and tried to look nonchalant when we strolled out of the office, but there was the slightest shadow of a smile on Queen's face and a twinkle in her eye as she gave me a wink and returned to kneading her pastry dough.

Rose did call Kellen ... I wished to God she never had ... but she did. They made arrangements to have lunch together later on in the week. Bouquets arrived every day after that, until the day of their luncheon. It bothered me, but Rose explained it away as it being Kellen's attempt to impress her.

Rose kept Brad Mullen advised by phone of her progress. She reported that Kellen had begun to open up, talk about things past and things he wanted for the future ... he had not even considered having a future for several years. His insecurities were lessening and his depression lifting.

Rose felt that within just a few days he would be ready to strike out on his own and she suggested that Brad and his wife arrange to have a dinner party where Kellen might have the opportunity to meet someone. Brad was anxious to do whatever he could to insure Kellen's future happiness and started planning the dinner party right away.

Rose intended to lessen her involvement with Kellen gradually in the hopes that he would soon become interested in someone else.

After they had lunch, Kellen began calling Rose at the Tea Room several times a day. Rose began to get irritated, but was gracious and gentle with him. She knew the dinner party was scheduled for the next week and she didn't want to bruise his ego at this juncture. She knew she ran the risk of ruining all possibilities of him having enough confidence to approach another woman.

Kellen asked her to join him for dinner and she declined citing prior, but vague, obligations. Kellen wouldn't give up. He kept calling and kept sending flowers. Soon other gifts were included ... silk scarves, perfume, and finally jewelry. When Kellen's limousine driver arrived with an elegant box I heard Rose mutter, 'Oh, dear God ...' when she saw the contents.

I walked over and looked in the box. It was a beautifully crafted gold heart surrounded by diamonds, but with a definite crack down the middle. His note read, 'Please see me' and once again was signed with a scripted 'K'.

Rose kept staring at the box, 'I never gave him any indication that I was interested in him romantically ... my God, we have only shared one or two good night kisses ... what I thought were casual kisses at that. I guess I'd better meet with him and see if I can't straighten this out. I'll call Brad and see what he has to say about this.'

After she called Brad she put in a call to Kellen, 'Hello, Kellen. Yes, this is Rose ... Kellen, I'd like to see you tomorrow for lunch ...how about here at the Tea Room? Well, if you prefer, I suppose I could meet you somewhere else ...where did you have in mind? Okay, I'll see you there tomorrow at noon. Yes ... goodbye.'

She turned to me, 'Kellen wants me to meet him tomorrow at the Napoleon House for lunch. I feel just awful ... neither Brad nor I ever anticipated that he would develop these kinds of feelings in such a short time. I hope I can make him understand ..."

The weather had turned hot and humid so she dressed in a simple green cotton dress. It was light and comfortable and she finished off the outfit with a wide brimmed straw hat under which she tucked her hair off her neck. She came in to the office to give me a kiss and tell me she'd be back between 2:00 and 3:00.

When she walked out of the Tea Room and entered the cab I had no inclination of the hell I'd go through for the next fourteen days.

Rose didn't come home at 2:00 or at 3:00 or even by 6:00 that evening. I began worrying about her hours before but waited until sunset to call Brad Mullen, "Brad, this is Jackson Emerly, Rose's partner. Have you heard from Kellen? He and Rose met for lunch today and she's not back. I'm beginning to get a little worried about her."

The other end of the telephone line was quiet for a few seconds then Brad began, 'No, Jackson. I haven't heard from Kellen, but let me make a phone call or two and I'll get right back to you.

I'm sure it's just that time's gotten away from them or they ran into some of Kellen's old friends. I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about, but I'll call you back in a few minutes.'

12