Secrets of The Tea Room Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I crossed to the window overlooking the garden. The sudden heat wave had wilted the roses growing there and it filled me with dread. I poured a glass of wine and paced for almost twenty minutes before the phone rang.

'Jackson, this is Brad,' he started, 'I don't know what to say. No one has seen Kellen. I called his secretary and she said that he was due back in the office for a meeting at 3:00 but called to tell her to cancel the meeting that he would be out of town for a few days.

I was stunned, "Out of town for a few days? I don't understand ...what's that got to do with Rose not coming home?"

I could hear the tension in Brad's voice, 'Jackson, I think Kellen might have taken Rose somewhere. I didn't know before, Kellen's secretary said he mentioned getting married ...'

The world exploded. "My God, Brad ... Kellen's kidnapped Rose! Damn him! I'm calling the police and I suggest you get over here as quickly as possible to be of whatever help you can be for Kellen ..."

'Wait! Wait, Jackson!' there was a panic in Brad's voice, 'If Kellen has coerced Rose somehow, it would not be to either's advantage to become public information. Kellen is the chairman of one of the largest corporations in Louisiana, and Rose, well you know what the press would do if they found out about her commissions.

I'll be over in a few minutes. Maybe we can figure out how to solve this ourselves without involving the authorities. Please don't call the police until I get there.'

I could only whisper, "Okay" before I hung up the phone. I immediately called Queen and explained what little I knew. Queen beat Brad to the house by only a few minutes.

She went right to the kitchen when she arrived and started to brew tea ... "Damn Queen, how in the hell can you think of tea when Kellen Knight has Rose and God know what ideas he may have swirling around in his head."

Queen was unflappable, she steadied her gaze on me, 'Jackson, there's no amount of swearing now that can help Rose. It's up to us to do what we can ... to do what we do best ... what I do best is make tea. Sometimes the tea can tell me things ... sometimes the magic works for me.

That's what I'm going to do. You go talk to Mr. Mullen and see what you two men can do.'

I joined Brad in the study ... I wanted to hit him ... I somehow held him responsible for getting Rose into this mess ... he saw something in my eyes, 'Jackson, I never thought anything like this would happen. I never would have put Rose in any jeopardy, you must believe that. But now, we will do whatever it takes to find her and Kellen and bring her home safely.'

I sunk into a chair by the door while Brad made a few phone calls. He arranged for a private investigator to begin on the case immediately, then he started calling Kellen's friends and associates, gleaning what little information they might have to offer without getting specific about the current situation.

Queen carried in a tray with a steeping teapot, three cups and the condiments. She sat the tray on Rose's desk and poured the tea. She offered a cup first to Brad, then to me and lastly took one for herself. The concoction was bitter and strong causing both Brad and me to protest. 'Drink gentlemen. The tea will help us. '

When we had finished our cups, she took them and poured the dregs into an lead crystal bowl she had retrieved from the window table. She added the remainder of the contents of the tea pot and walked behind the desk to sit. She slid the bowl toward her and pulled candles from her apron pocket.

There were six candles, all different sizes, all different colors. She lit them one by one and dripped some of the wax on to the top of the desk then using the wax puddle to stand the burning candle. She lowly whispered while she lit all six candles and positioned them around the bowl with the tea leaves, herbs, and flower petals floating in a mesmerizing pattern.

She motioned for Brad and I to sit in the two chairs facing the desk and we did so without hesitation. Queen continued to whisper and fan the aroma of the candles toward her face. When she had finished her preparations, she began to gaze into the bowl and the prism of candle lights danced in the cut pattern ... past the floating debris there.

She was quiet ... hell, we were all quiet, for what seemed like an eternity when we finally heard Queen exhale, 'Rose is not here. She's been taken far ... far across water ... big water, not a river. She went against her will but stays there now because of commitment. He means her no harm, but insists that she be with him for always. He will not take 'no' for an answer and will do whatever it takes to make sure she stays with him.

He has taken her ... somewhere', motioning with her right hand, 'somewhere there ... she knows no one there. He has mighty and powerful friends who will help him. We need to look for her ... again she motioned with her right hand ... there.'

Then Queen collapsed into the back of the chair.

Brad and I sat still for a while ... he spoke first, 'I'll have the private investigator start at the Napoleon House tomorrow. I'll start at Kellen's office and with his friends.' He stood, 'Jackson, I promise well find her and bring her home. No matter what Kellen's state of mind, he's simply incapable of harming anyone.'

I stood to face him, "I hope you're right ... if he hurts her ... if any harm comes to her in anyway, I will see him dead. Do you understand? I will see him dead."

Brad looked into my eyes and saw the truth there, he knew I loved Rose and he knew what I said was true, 'Jackson, I'll keep you involved and up-to-date on everything we find out. In the meantime, if you can think of anything, or if Queen can see anything else, please let me know. I'll call you tomorrow with my first report.

I walked him to the door and returned to the study to check on Queen. She was exhausted, but fully conscious once again.

She stood and walked over to me, 'Jackson ... I don't know how I know ... but I know. Rose will be all right. No harm ... no physical harm will come to her. She will be in this house once again. Now, I must go. She would not want the Tea Room to be slighted during this time ... we must continue for her. I will see you there in the morning.' Queen turned an left.

She did not ask if I was coming in to the Tea Room. But she was right, I'd go crazy in this house worrying and wondering. Yes. I would be at the Tea Room tomorrow morning.

The day was unmerciful ... time drug by, I was on edge and everytime the little bell on the front door jingled, I jumped up to see if it might be Rose ... please God let it be ... but it wasn't ... and I wandered aimlessly from office to Tea Room to kitchen and then back again.

Finally, mid-afternoon the phone in my office rang. Brad was calling to tell me that one of the waiters at the Napoleon House had remembered Rose being their with an older gentleman for lunch. The waiter said he thought it was odd because Rose was obviously upset and angry while the man she was with was completely calm and smiling.

They left together shortly after 1:00 p.m. Brad was looking for Kellen's chauffeur but had not been able to locate him. The chauffeur did not return to the office with the car and everyone had assumed Kellen had instructed him to have the vehicle serviced and then to take a few days off.

Brad had also contacted the private investigator and given him this information. As soon as he heard back from the P.I., he would call me again.

Minutes passed, hours passed and we got only tidbits of information. The private investigator finally tracked down the chauffeur. He had gone to New York to visit relatives but told the investigator over the phone that he had driven Mr. Knight and the lady to the municipal airport where Kellen kept his private plane. The chauffeur did not know where they were going.

The private investigator talked to the FAA and found out that the pilot had filed a flight plan to Poza Rica, Mexico. The investigator was flying down there first thing in the morning.

The minutes and the hours drug by ... Brad finally called again. The investigator had been having a difficult time in Mexico. Yes, Senor Knight and a lady had landed there. A private car was waiting ... no one knew who it belonged to, but the license plates were issued in Oaxaca, so he was on his way there.

Brad went back to Kellen's office the next day to talk to some of his employees to find out if they had any idea of who Kellen might know in Oaxaca. But no one there seemed to know anything.

I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't even drink myself into a stupor although I wanted to very much. I felt so useless, so alone, so ineffectual. Queen helped me through those torturous days. She plied me with her teas, tempted me to eat something once in a while, and was constantly confident that Rose would return to us.

Agonizing minutes passed and hours passed and turned into torturous days which passed so very slowly and cruelly. Brad called and said he finally had met one of Kellen's friends who was also involved in charity work. It seems that one of the charities sponsored by the silent auction was school near Oaxaca. The private investigator had been informed of this new information and Brad felt sure that finding Kellen and Rose was imminent.

12