Seduced By An Entity Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cheyenne looked at her shaking hands in her lap "Alright you have a deal." She told him not looking at him. She would work with him until she had her answer, besides Hank will be home soon, she thought to herself, it will be ok. She tried hard to reassure herself.

That night as Ralph and Cheyenne sat on the front porch they watched the car lights that came up the drive way, Ralph wagged his tail as Roger walked up to the porch, Cheyenne looked at Ralph. "You are a dumb dog." Cheyenne said standing up to greet him as he came up the steps.

" Hi Roger, would you like some coffee?" she asked trying very hard to be polite to him and fighting the pain of the old wounds that had not healed from their relationship.

He smiled at Cheyenne and patted Ralph on the head.

" Thank you that sounds good." He said thinking to him self how she still looked great even in an over sized gray sweat shirt and jeans without shoes just socks." I feel over dressed now that I see how comfortable you look." He said following her into the house.

"I’ll fix the coffee, Sit down at the dinning room table that will probably be best for us to use." She said as she pointed at the rustic table with a white table cloth, the chairs were wooded high backs with white cushions that tied to the back of the chair.

As they sat for an hour going over each others notes Cheyenne looked at the window as she saw lightening streak through the sky." Looks as if a storm is brewing out there." She said as she placed her chin on her fist as she read the papers. "These women just vanished? God what is he doing with them?" she looked at Roger knowing in her heart they had to be dead.

"All we know is he strikes every three weeks and this is the third week." He said sipping his coffee.

Cheyenne read the notes and quickly went to the kitchen grabbing her calendar looking at each month and date the women disappeared." They all disappeared on the third Thursday and tomorrow is Thursday Roger." Her eyes were showing panic as she realized tomorrow another woman would disappear.

"We know, we have set up more security around the shopping centers and parking areas." he said as he swallowed the cookie he was eating.

The phone rang Cheyenne knew it would be Hank calling in since in another hour he would have to call Mrs. Harrelson. Cheyenne picked Up the phone smiling.

"Hello baby!" her voice was so cheerful even though she missed him so much. "Have you heard anything?" she asked him as she played with the hem of her sweat shirt.

Roger tried to concentrate on the papers in front of him but he couldn’t, it still hurt to hear her saying I love you and I miss you to someone else. He clinched his fist for he knew he was the one who screwed up the relationship not her. Damn if she only knew how sorry I was. He thought to himself. He heard his name mentioned in their conversation looking up at Cheyenne.

"He is only here so we can work on this case with out me having to reveal our client at this time." Her voice was agitated as she spoke to Hank. "Well you’re going to have to trust me, even if you don’t trust him Hank." Cheyenne looked at the floor as she played with the phone cord." I love you too baby, good night & sweet dreams."

Those words tore through Rogers heart, he looked away to hide the tears. "I need to use your rest room." He said as he quickly got up from the table.

"It’s down the hall way to your right." Cheyenne pointed in the direction of the rest room she sensed a change in his attitude.

Cheyenne watched the lightening dance across the sky from the window she noticed the wind was blowing stronger; the lights started flickering in the house great we are going to lose the electric she thought. Ralph sat next to Cheyenne." Its ok boy." She said patting him.

Roger came down the hall way the lights went out." Hope you have candles or a flash light." He said as he made his way back to the table.

"Both as luck would have it." She told him as she felt her way into the kitchen.

She lit the candlewick watching the trees bending in the wind, damn this is a bad storm hitting us, she thought as she grabbed the portable radio. She walked back out to Roger sitting at the table. "Ah light." He said with a smile.

"This storm is bad Roger I think we should listen to the radio. "She said as she sat back down at the table.

"At least we’re inside instead of being caught outside in it." He said as the thunder began to shake the windows.

They looked at the radio as the DJ came on with a storm warning.

" We are asking everyone to seek cover we are in a severe thunder storm with sightings of three tornados, it’s expected to last until three am." The DJ reported over the radio.

Roger and Cheyenne looked at each other knowing they would be spending the duration of the night together in the same house.

"You can sleep in the guest room tonight." She said feeling strange knowing he would be under the same roof with her.

"Thank you, but if it will be a problem I can try to make it home." He told her knowing she would not send him out into the storm.

"Don’t be silly, we’re two adults and should be able to stay under the same roof." She told him as the strange feeling grew stronger with each word. "I hope Hank tells me that Mr. Harrelson went on his trips on different days then when the women disappeared." She said trying to change the subject.

"Has he found out anything from the trip?" Roger asked as he watched Cheyenne in the candle light, she looks so angelic, he thought to himself.

"Yes on each trip Mr. Harrelson was accompanied by a woman, but the clerk couldn’t be sure if it was any of the women in the news paper clippings that Hank showed him." She told him.

He smiled to him self. "When he calls back tell him I will fax over a better photo of the victims." He told her knowing this would be a stall tactic to keep Hank away for a little longer.

"Alright I will tell him when he calls back." She told him knowing that Hank would be calling her back since he knew Roger was there with her. "What about tomorrow? He is going to strike again you know." She told him looking scared.

"We’ve done all we can do Cheyenne, increasing security is the best we could do, besides hoping and praying that your guy will be ID so we can nail him before he strikes again." He told her, he felt helpless in preventing the abduction from taking place.

Roger watched Cheyenne twirling her hair in her fingers as she sat at the table with her feet up in the chair and one arm wrapped around her legs watching the lightening light up the sky, the song came on she will leave you smiling by George Straight. She sure will, he thought as he watched her as they sat in silence.

Hank finally called back with out any new information from Mrs. Harrelson, she couldn’t be sure if it was Thursday when Mr. Harrelson went on his trips, she just knew it was around the same time of the month. This made sense to Roger since he could have abducted them and left the next day.

"Cheyenne this could have been our house if you hadn’t left me." He said taking a deep breath.

Cheyenne laughed." Oh please! You were to busy being the big player then being into a commitment! I was not the only woman in our relationship and you didn’t even try to hide them! That is how arrogant you are! "She said trying not to lose her cool completely with him.

"You must still have feelings for me Cheyenne, because you’re still so angry at me." He said smugly.

"No woman likes to be made a fool of and treated like yesterdays left over." She said sitting straight up with her feet now on the floor.

"You were always first with me; I never took the other ones around my friends." He told her sounding so serious.

Cheyenne looked at him with a look of pity." You really believe that bull**** your running through your head don’t you?" she asked him as she could almost see a child like quality inside of him." I am going to go to bed now. " She said as she turned to go to her room.

The storm was getting worse as Cheyenne laid in her bed watching how it lit up the entire room with its brilliant flashes until she fell into a deep sleep.

Roger tossed and turned all night knowing that she was in the same house, and not in his arms. If I could only do it all over again I would still have her. He thought to him self. Roger drifted off to sleep when Ralph jumped up on the bed next to him. Roger looked at the dog.

" Don’t hog the covers, and no snoring or you’re gone." He said putting his arm around Ralph.

Hank lay in his hotel room bed with thoughts of Cheyenne and the love they have together. He wondered how she was sleeping alone without him beside her, or was Roger sleeping in their bed with her. He looked at the clock it was two o’clock in the morning, he smashed the bottle of beer next to his bed and rolled over.

Cheyenne was awakened the next morning by Ralph’s barking outside the house, she sleepily got out of bed to look out the window to see what the commotion was all about. Looking out the window she saw Ralph barking at Roger as he chopped up the fallen tree from the night before. "How nice of him, but it won’t work Roger." She said to herself as she watched him stack the tree up neatly by the road for the sanitation department to remove it.

She decided to jump in the shower while he was busy outside. She stepped into the hot shower water; it felt so refreshing to her. she hated it when she had to step out of the shower, she put on her long white terry cloth robe, wrapped her hair in a white towel, she walked to her closet where she picked out a long blue jean skirt that rested on her hips, with a wide black suede belt with long fringe hanging from each end, a purple and black peasant shirt that hung off her shoulders slightly with suede black boots that were just below her knee. She wore her blond hair down with just the sides pulled up. She looked at herself in the mirror pleased with her outfit. "Not bad for a forty five year old woman." She said going to the kitchen where she found fresh made coffee, and a piece of breakfast cake waiting for her at the table with a white rose and note which had written, I am sorry for last night Cheyenne. A smile actually came to her face as she softly touched the flower with her finger tips.

Cheyenne began her morning with a cup of coffee, she smiled with a slight chuckle" You’re only sorry Roger because you didn’t get me in the bed with you ." She said as she sat at the kitchen table when she heard the front door shut knowing it must be Ralph and Roger coming in.

" Good morning Cheyenne." Roger said as he and Ralph came into the kitchen. "We are going to have to go by my place so I can shower and change." He told her as he sat at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee.

"I will just meet you at the station Roger." She said as she sipped her coffee.

"That is impossible since your car also had a tree sitting on it." He told her pouring some more coffee into his cup.

"No, not my car, you’re kidding right?" She asked as she searched his face for some kind of a sign saying it was all a joke.

"Your car Cheyenne, so you better call your insurance company." He told her sipping on his coffee.

Cheyenne got up from the table "Damn it!" she said as she ran out of the house to check on her car. She could not believe it when she saw it the tree was sitting on top of her car just as he said it was.

"Why didn’t we get two cars when we were going to?" She said looking at the car.

"We need to get going Cheyenne if we are going to try and stop this guy today." Roger told her.

"Ok let’s go." She said as they walked to his car.

They pulled in front of his house, she noticed nothing had changed; it still looked the same as when she was last there. The little boy statue still stood in the front yard with the lantern; she always thought it was precious. He still had the brown leather sofa and matching love seat, the glass coffee table with matching end tables, the large black television that took up a whole wall it self. On the wall still hung the plaque with the love poem she had given him on the last Valentines Day they were together.

"You know where everything is Cheyenne make your self at home while I get ready." He told her as he walked down the hall way to his room.

Cheyenne picked up a sportsman magazine and read it as Roger showered.

Roger appeared in the living room. Cheyenne noticed he was wearing blue jeans, a burgundy pull over shirt, with white sneakers. Cheyenne smiled at him. "You are dressed casual?" she asked as they were leaving the house.

"I recall the last time we were together I ended up ruining an expensive suit." He told her as he locked the front door.

Once inside the car Cheyenne looked seriously at Roger. "It is not my fault that you decided to take a balloon filled with food coloring that was intended for me." She told him turning her head to look out the window smiling as she recalled the incident.

"Well next time someone points an object that resembles a gun at you remind me not to protect you." he told her feeling agitated with her.

She tried to hold in her laughter." You are such a male chauvinist pig! I am quite capable of taking care of myself buddy." She said wanting to burst out in laughter.

"As long as your sister does not have some guy out to with balloons to hit you with." He told her as he backed up the car.

"It was a joke and she didn’t know we were going to a charity ball either." She said looking at him as he drove down the road.

Most of the ride to the police station was in silence, Cheyenne could not resist to pick on him more." You were really pist off." She said as she looked out the window.

"Your getting quite a kick out of this memory lane you’re having aren’t you Cheyenne?" he asked her finally smiling.

"Yes I am as a matter of fact, because your expression was priceless." She said tauntingly.

"Glad I could be of service in making you laugh Cheyenne." He said as he pulled into the parking space.

Once inside of his office Roger faxed over the photos he had for Hank. Cheyenne sat quietly looking out the office window over looking the front of the station with the marble pond where people were sitting on the edge talking or smoking cigarettes. Cheyenne looked around his office so immaculate, even his black desk had every piece of paper in order; she looked at the picture of his daughter sitting in front of the chair so he could see her as he sat at the desk. She died so young, just 17, first day driving and out of nowhere a drunk driver struck the car killing his daughter instantly. What a shame Cheyenne thought to herself.

"Ready to go see Mrs. Harrelson?" he asked as he picked up some more files.

"Yes I am ready." Cheyenne said as she walked out of the office.

They both were quiet as they drove to the Harrelson’s house; Cheyenne prayed they would find a connection to stop one more woman from being abducted today.

Roger looked at Cheyenne as they pulled in front of the house." Well let’s see what we learn here today." He said as he almost felt helpless to catching whoever was behind these abductions.

Cheyenne felt nervous it was the same feeling she had the last time she was here, as if there were eyes watching them. She noticed that Roger had his hand on his gun in its holster. Probably just habit, she thought to herself.

The door opened with the little old woman standing there looking surprised to see them there." Mrs. Harrelson is not expecting any guest today." She said in her soft voice.

"We know she isn’t, I am Detective O’berst and I wish to speak with her now." His voice was cool as he looked into the woman’s eyes.

"Come in detective and Mrs. Thompson I will tell Mrs. Harrelson you are here." Her voice sounded irritated.

"I think we hit a nerve with her." Roger said as he watched the woman go into the den.

A few moments later she came back to where they were standing." She will receive you now." She told them leading them to the den.

She’s a female Lurch. Cheyenne thought as they walked down the hall. Once inside Mrs. Harrelson sat behind the desk wearing a green satin robe with a matching gown. Green must be her favorite color, Cheyenne thought to herself remembering she had on an emerald green dress on the last time she and Hank were there.

"How can I help you two today?" She asked in weakened voice." You will have to excuse me I am not well." She said rubbing her fore head with her finger tips.

"We need to ask some question’s about your husband." Roger told her sitting in one of the chairs in front of the desk. "Besides the fact that your husband seems to be gone on the same day as the women have been abducted what makes you think he is involved?" Roger noticed her hands shaking as she lit up a cigarette.

"Because when I started to suspect him I would think a woman would show up missing on the day he left and they did. I can not say I have seen him do it with my own eyes because I haven’t detective, but I know he is flying out to Dallas today at six pm and I know in my heart a woman will come up missing." Her eyes had tears in them as she spoke.

"What plane will he be taking?" Roger asked as he couldn’t help notice how beautiful she looked.

"I don’t know he never tells me, I over heard him making his reservations for today." She told him as she forced a smile.

"May I see his comb or brush something that would have his prints on it?" he asked her smiling. "I need to see if his finger print matches with what we have." He said looking at this gorgeous creature sitting in front of him.

Cheyenne seeing him putting on his charm accidentally kicked him in the shin. "I am so sorry Roger." She said smiling secretly to her self.

Roger rubbed his leg. "No harm done Cheyenne." He told her looking at her strangely.

Mrs. Harrelson called for her house keeper on the intercom.

" Aggatha please bring me Mr. Harrelson’s brush & comb set without touching it, use something not to remove any prints." She smiled trying to conceal her pain. "I hope this puts the end to the abductions, plus the end to the nagging question going through my head." She told them rubbing her brow with her finger tips.

When the woman came in with the brush and comb she handed them to Roger using prongs and placing them in a bag." Your sure no one but him has touched these?" he asked the elderly woman.

"No one except for Mr. Harrelson uses this set detective." She told him then stepped away from him.

Roger placed the bag he had in his pocket. "I will be in contact with you as soon as we know the results." He told the woman as he stood up to leave.

"Thank you detective." Mrs. Harrelson told him as they were leaving.

Roger rushed back to the station to have the hair samples tested. "If we get a match then all we have to do is meet him before the plane leaves at six tonight." he told Cheyenne who closed her eyes most of the ride.

Once inside the station he had Cheyenne to wait in his office while he went to have the prints ran, normally it could take up to eight hours but he placed a rush on it. She wished Hank would return soon she hated it when they were apart. She waited what seemed to be an hour before he returned. "We got a match. There’s been an APB issued for him, it’s just a matter of time now." He told her in an ecstatic voice.

"I hope they pick him up before he gets another woman." She said looking at her watch." In four hours he is suppose to be leaving."

"You know one thing I was relieved about through all of this? Is that you are a blonde and not a brunette." He said sitting on the corner of the desk top.

She flashed him an ear to ear grin." Yes I am very grateful to Miss. Clairol in a bottle." She told him with a smile so bright it made her look younger then forty five years old. "Well I guess all we can do now is just pray and hope he gets picked up." She told him looking so lost and sad like a small child.