Seeing the Police

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ellynei
ellynei
272 Followers

"What is this?" he asked, momentarily holding out the paper.

I explained that those were the 7 amounts (out of the 17) which could most easily be tracked to real addresses.

"But doing stuff like that adds to the 'case expenses'*," he said, full of resentment. At least, he sounded like he was full of resentment.

(((case expenses referring to the Danish word "sagsomkostninger", I do not own a dictionary specialising in law terms.)))

I think it was a bit after that, that he said that thing about not investigating anything unless he had a name and an address of a suspect.

Sometime during the investigation, I explained that, most likely, I could get name and address of the 16-year old from the other kids' parents, once they were home from summer vacations.

I couldn't (and can't) see what difference that should do if following the IP-trail shouldn't lead to the 16-year old, who I am 98% sure did it. I doubt that opportunity and a partiality for the game xxxxx as only evidence holds up in court. (It certainly shouldn't hold up in court.)

As far as I remember, I asked about some of it. I'm not quite sure how it all went down.

If only I had been superhuman, I would have been able to put myself above the effect of being ordered into the humiliating seat in the chair by the wall, and would calmly have been able to analyse the police-dude's derogatory attitude and aggressive approach.

I could then calmly have refrained from gabbling and asking questions, and instead merely have answered any questions as briefly and concisely as possible.

On the other hand, if I were superhuman, it wouldn't matter how embarrassing I acted, nor how mean the police-dude acted. Because then it wouldn't bother me.

Sometimes I wish I were a sociopath, or whatever it is they call the people who aren't emotionally involved in (or affected by) social interaction.

The more general my view becomes, of what actually happened in that room, the more I am inclined to believe that, even before we entered that room, the police-dude had decided that I were a menace and needed to be brought down.

What else am I supposed to think?

I could make up a fantasy of him already being familiar with the case before I arrived. Of him being a personal acquaintance of the 16-year old's family, thus having a personal reason to make me withdraw the report.

Otherwise I could believe another's guess and conclude that the police-dude in question merely was an incompetent, mean-spirited, asshole.

Under all circumstances, I've concluded that if you are mentally vulnerable, you shouldn't go see the police alone. It is far too risky.

I'm not too sure I'd dare to go back there even with a support-person holding my hand. It's probably best if I keep hiding at home. Because I'm not quite normal and, in the end, it's probably just me that's wrong. Right?

*

It's been some weeks since I wrote all that. Writing it down, helped.

Nearing the expiration date for complaining about the police's decision, I still didn't have a support-person yet commenced on the process of complaining. It's not that I really care where that case will go. I just feel a basic need to find out if things are meant to be that way around here.

ellynei
ellynei
272 Followers