SemiBroken Eggshells

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He decided, at two in the morning of the second night, that he would once more take off. He fled to the bus station and waited for the next FREX to Denver, soon getting on and going on his voyage back to the city. It was only a matter of time before he got off of that bus and caught another one back to the mountainous region of Colorado. By the time he got there, it was dusk.

He got to a restaurant and got the first meal he had all day, taking his time with eating. He let out a soft sigh as he finished his meal, getting up and walking to the counter, paying his bill, and walking out. He coughed softly and worked his way to an empty cabin, his late friend's old mountain home. He figured, the next day, he would head back up to his original home, hoping that they were gone.

Vincent cried himself to sleep, clinging for dear life to the blanket.

He woke early the next day and did calculations on his note book. He figured it would take about six to seven hours to get back up to his starting point if he were to drive, about twelve to fourteen if he were to walk. The boy got up and walked out of the cabin and around the back, finding his old friend Joshua's old motorcycle with the keys attached to the handle and pulling it around front, just like Josh had told him before Josh left for Seattle all those years ago. He checked the gas tank and cleaned it up.

"Needs gas..."

He walked back to town with it and got to a gas station, parking the bike at pump three and walking in.

"Twenty on pump three..." He muttered, handing the cashier the money and walking back out to the pump. He took the cover off and began to fill it slowly. Next stop was breakfast. Vincent got on the bike and put the key in the ignition, driving out of the gas station. He drove until he found a small diner called Darren's Diner. He parked the bike in front and shoved the keys in his right pocket. He walked in.

"Hi there! Welcome to Darren's Diner, stranger. Would you like a booth or a table? We also offer Patio space in the back..." The woman told Vincent as she grabbed a menu. He thought for a second.

"Patio... People can smoke out there, right, Marilyn?" He asked, looking at the kind woman's name tag. She nodded her head.

"Yes they can, stranger." She answered, smiling wide at the fact that he used her name. She guided him out to the back patio, where there was a group of about four elder men playing a game of cards. She took him to a table farthest from the door and set the menu down, "I'll be back in about five minutes to take your order. Would you like something to drink?" Vincent bit his lip and nodded, taking his seat.

"Sweet iced tea, please." He smiled up at her, covering up his depression. She quickly walked off and he opened the menu. His eyes quickly fell to the breakfast selection and he scratched the back of his head. Soon enough, Marilyn came back and set his tea and a straw in front of him, smiling briskly.

"Are you ready to order?" She asked, looking at him. He nodded his head slowly.

"Yeah... I'd like scrambled eggs and bacon." He looked up at her as she pulled out her little note pad and scribbled his order down.

"Hey! Mar! Can we get some coffee over here?" One of the men raised his hand and she nodded.

"I'll get it for you as soon as possible, Mark. I have to warm up a new pot." She nodded before looking at Vincent, "Alright, stranger, I'll get your food to you as quickly as possible, 'kay?" She told him, keeping her chipper look. He nodded his head and she scampered off, walking back in the diner. He rubbed his eyes and pulled the paper off of the straw, putting it in the plastic cup and drinking slowly. Not too much time passed before she came back with his food in one hand, a coffee pot in the other. She set his food down.

"Hope you like your food, stranger," She said with a smile.

"Please... Call me Vincent." Vincent commented, noticing how she called him stranger a lot. Marilyn smiled.

"Alright, Vincent. Well have a nice breakfast, darling," She said before she walked over to the men and poured their coffee, soon walking back inside. Vincent began to eat his breakfast, slowly eating the eggs. As he chewed, he poked at them. They brought back the memory of his eighteenth birthday. He started to cry softly. Why was he torturing the one he still loved? Even after all of those years of hurt, he still loved Nathan. He still didn't understand it. He wiped his eyes and continued to eat. He finished his eggs and ate his bacon, shaking his head slowly. He got up and walked in the diner, Marilyn behind the desk.

"All done?" She looked at him and he nodded. She smiled and spoke, "Well its seven dollars, darling." Vincent pulled out his wallet and pulled out a ten and three ones.

"You're an amazing waitress..." He nodded his head to her and turned, walking out of the diner, pulling his keys out, and got on the motorcycle. He put the key in the ignition and started it, peeling out of the parking space and speeding off, back to the main road. He watched the street closely and hummed softly. His phone continued to vibrate off the hook, but he ignored it, more than positive that it was Nate texting him or calling him. He sped along the main road, the hours washing by as if it was nothing. Soon enough, he found his way back to the original mountain home. He turned the bike off and pulled out his phone. His hunch was correct. Nathan was sending repeated texts and calls.

Dammit Vincent! We are going to find you, whether you like it or not. We will never EVER hate you. You just need to get that through your head.

Vince leaned on the side of the house, checking his messages. He put the phone to his ear. One was sent about five days ago.

"As I promised, I did not tell Chase. He found you on his own. Blaise told me he found you too. Why didn't you stay with Blaise? He doesn't like this just as much as the rest of us. We are going to find you, Vince. I don't give a damn what you say."

Vincent growled softly. Why wouldn't they just give up? He was tired of it. He was content with being able to sleep enough and know that they weren't going to find him, but then... They did. He slowly walked up to the house and opened the door. There was the whole group. Nathan, Blaise, Doran, Aimee, Chase, Corpus, Krys, Lex and so many more stood around in the main room. They looked to the door and Vincent stared, wide eyed. He turned and took off running, knowing he wouldn't have enough time to start up the bike again. He ran to the side of the house and grabbed his bicycle instead, getting on it and pedaling fast. The whole group took off after him,

"Dammit Vincent!" Nathan was the loudest of them. They chased him up the path until Nate disappeared from the group. Soon enough there was a crash and Vincent and Nathan went a good six feet or so, the bike barely moving two feet. Vince gasped out in pain, a small yet sharp rock stabbing in his back. He released a shuddered breath as he laid on the ground, crushed under Nathan.

"Get... The fuck... Off of me!" He shouted, regaining from the stab in his back from the rock and jerking, Nate flopping off of him. Vince pushed himself up and ran, taking twists that he knew of since living in the area. Nate was in hot pursuit. The group all followed after Nathan and Vincent. Soon enough, Vincent was in a jam, unable to find a clear path to get away from the one who hurt him that much. Nathan tackled him down and sat on his posterior, pinning down his shoulders. Vincent thrashed as Doran and the rest of the group caught up.

Metal handcuffs were latched to the males' wrists and Blaise and his younger brother lifted the male and worked him on Nate's back. Vincent held on, sobbing softly into Nathan's shoulder.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" He sobbed.

"Because I know it isn't what you want... You might say that it is, but your actions prove otherwise," Nathan responded, talking calmly. The short travel back to Vincent's mountain home was tiring, especially for Nathan since having Vincent on his back. They got back soon enough and Blaise opened the door, walking in and holding it open for the herd that followed. They all walked to the den and Nathan sat Vincent on the couch, sitting on his right. Doran uncuffed him and Vincent flopped on his side, curling up a bit and crying into Nathan's lap. Blaise sat on Vincent's other side, Krys next to him. Chase and Corpus were in another room, Chase crying, wondering why Vincent didn't want him to find him.

"I'm useless!" Vincent cried into Nathan's lap.

"No you are not," Blaise said softly, rubbing Vincent's back slowly with his brother.

"Why look for a lost cause?" Vincent gripped Nathan's thigh slightly.

"Because you aren't a lost cause..." Nathan answered, his other hand playing with Vincent's hair. Soon enough, the male cried himself to sleep.

Morning came around and Vincent woke up slowly, still crying. Was it all just a dream? He opened his eyes and looked around the room. Chase was curled up on a bean bag chair, crying in his sleep. Corpus was talking with Doran, both still wide awake. Nathan was hunched over a bit, snoring as he shifted. Blaise was leaned against Nathan and Vincent, mumbling and snoring lightly. Krys was sprawled across Blaise and Vincent as best as he could be, sleeping in silence. Lex was no where to be seen. Vincent furrowed his brow, then smiled.

"So you all really won't leave..." He muttered to himself, shifting himself enough to not disturb Krys or Blaise's sleeping. He pushed himself up a bit and looked at Nathan, who mumbled and opened his eyes slowly. Vincent was still crying, but by this point, the male was crying tears of what seemed to be joy. Nathan smiled softly. Vincent parted his lips to speak, but Nathan interrupted him.

"Yes, you may..."

Vincent smiled and pulled the male down a bit, kissing him lightly at first, but soon enough it was deeper. Both males parted their lips and Vincent slowly slid his tongue in Nathan's mouth. The shorter male reached a hand up and placed his fingers on Nate's jaw. Soon enough, he regrettably pulled back. Nate saw it a different way though. He quickly pressed his lips against Vince's again, causing Vincent to moan out in surprise, but willingly accept it. Vincent slowly shifted under Krys and Blaise's bodies and pulled himself closer to Nathan. Nate wrapped his arms around the other and kept him close. In the background, underneath all of the thoughts rushing through Vincent's mind, he still heard Corpus and Doran talking with one another softly.

"See? I knew Nathan would realize it soon enough..." Corpus said softly, apparently talking about the two of them making out on the couch. Vincent and Nathan both flipped Corpus off, who only laughed at the reaction he had gotten, not surprised that the two still didn't break their connection. Vincent reached a hand up and grasped the Florida state University charm that he had gotten from Nathan so many years before, soon letting it go and putting his hand on the males' chest, purring softly in ecstasy. Finally, the two pulled back.

"I want you to promise one thing..." Nathan muttered softly as he looked at the shorter male.

"What's that?" Vince slowly rubbed his eye before looking into his friends eyes.

"Promise me you won't worry me like that again..."

Vincent was a little shocked. Nathan never had him promise anything before, why now? He bit his lip and nodded his head.

"Alright... I promise I won't take off..." Vincent muttered into the soft silence.

"Vince..." There was a small voice and Vincent shifted, looking to see Lex standing in the doorway of the den.

"I was wondering where you went... What's up, Lex?" He asked, looking at the girl.

"I just wanted you to know that... If you do that again I'll find some way to beat you senseless. You had me worried, dummy!" Lex crossed her arms and looked at the friend she looked up to like a brother. She bit her lip and Nathan laughed, his eyes falling on her.

"He promised he wouldn't... So you have nothing to worry." His voice was as soft as ever. Vincent sighed as he popped his neck.

"I'm going to go lay down..." He muttered, walking through the halls slowly, soon enough getting to the door to his room and walking in. As he walked to his bed, he stripped down to his boxers and climbed into the large bed. He curled up and cried softly. He felt so alone yet so accepted all at the same time. He didn't understand it. The bedroom door opened and Nathan crept in, copying the male in stripping his clothing except for his dark red boxers, and slid in the bed in front of his friend. He softly kissed Vincent's temple.

"I told you we would never leave you... I told you I would never leave you."

Vincent purred softly and pressed his back against Nathan. For the first time since the two had known each other and shared a bed, Nathan was the one who had his arms around the other.

"You're just a faithful pup..."

12