Serenity Ch. 03

Story Info
More is revealed.
3k words
4.55
14.9k
12

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mimi186
mimi186
63 Followers

The evening of the party had come and Cece had by far surpassed any expectation Honey had for the party.

The apartment was even more lavishly decorated than usual; beautiful flower centre pieces spaced along the twenty seater glass table, with luxurious light pink velvet chairs to match the flowers. Four bespoke crystal chandeliers hung above the table. Around the room large modern candelabras were filled with white candles to make for a more intimate setting.

It was perfect. Honey was in awe.

"Cece, this looks so amazing, indescribably so. But you do realise we are going to be in fancy dress right?"

"Of course Hon, but its not like we are going to be dressed up ridiculously! More prince charming than a giant frog."

"Oh I do love you Cece! What time is everyone coming?"

"About eight I think, so we better go and get ready."

- - - -

Everyone had arrived and Honey could hear everyone laughing, talking and clinking glasses.

Everytime she went to wheel herself out she just froze, she felt so nervous seeing her peers, she looked awfully frail, she hadn't been around big groups of people since the fateful night and mostly, Matt was out there.

He had been so helpful and kind, more from what she had heard than what she had seen but was this because that was his nature as a consultant or was their more to it.

The more she thought about it, the more confused she was.

Knock Knock

'Shit someone has noticed I'm not there' She knew it was only a matter of time before someone realised the person they were welcoming home wasn't there.

"One second" She shouted out.

"Alright Hon, but you better come out soon. Everyone is waiting. Sure you don't need any help?" Cece replied, clearly getting slightly inpatient with how long Honey was taking.

"No thanks, I'll only be a sec."

- - - - - -

Earlier that day

"Really Cece, fancy dress? Why would you think of that for a dinner? A fancy dress party, yes. But a fancy dress dinner? That is odd." Matt stated with a look of pure confusion on his face.

"Well I wanted something to make Honey more comfortable, then at least you won't be looking at her like some kind of invalid, you'll be staring at her for her sexy costume!"

"Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?" Cece said with a twinkle in her eye.

"You know what Cece. I looked after her like I would any other patient, you are making it seem like I'm more attached to her than I am."

"Matt, I don't care how many times you try and tell me that you don't have feelings for her. It doesn't change the fact that you do and you know it.

When she came out of the coma, I finally thought you would admit it to yourself.

Obviously I was wrong and you've gone back into denial. That's ok, but remember, at some point she's going to look at the whole situation as a lost cause. At the moment, she likes you maybe as a friend, maybe more.

But the way you've acted, keeping your distance and acting clinical with her has planted a seed of doubt in her mind that your kindness and loving towards her when she was ill, was nothing more than a kind heart."

And with that, before he could argue. She left.

Well now he really was in a pickle, He didn't know why he had backed off so much since she had woken up. At the time, he put it down to seeing her in the coma, causing him to act on any small feeling he had for her. In the back of his mind, he knew that he didn't want to face her, to how he felt and how admitting how he felt would effect his life. But also what if she didn't like him or just saw him as a friend.

He decided on a plan of action, he would be her friend and take it from there, then what happens, happens and what doesn't, doesn't and he can really work out his feelings. Without anyone getting hurt.

Now to finding what he was going to wear.

He didn't want to wear anything stupid like a mankini, but he also didn't want to wear anything that was too discreet, that no one would know.

So he thought he would consult with the shop assistant.

She was a small, quiet girl, with light brown hair. For some reason she reminded him off a mouse, shy and nervous. Not what you would envision as a shop assistant but he was sure she could help.

"Welcome to Costume City, is there anything I can help you with today?" She said not looking at him but preferring to look at her shoes.

"Um, Yeah. I'm looking for something to wear to a fancy dress party. I don't think I want anything too comedic or silly." he said trying not to sound intimidating.

"W-well you could be umm go as the mad hatter, prince charming, batman, the mask, wolverine? Do you like the sound of any of them?"

"Yeah, The mad-hatter, prince charming and the mask are my favourite for sure. Prince charming also seems kind of fitting."

"Why?" she whispered finally looking at him.

He didn't know what made him do it, but he blurted out everything about himself and Honey.

He told her everything, how they met, the accident and his feelings for her and when he finally finished, she simply asked "Then why haven't you told her?"

It was then he realised with everything he had told her he hadn't mentioned his wife once. The memory that he was married was sobering.

"Anyway, I think I'm going to take the wolverine costume."

"Oh, okay that will be £40."

He gave her the money and rushed out of the shop and drove home.

Even though he didn't leave because he was worried about time, he was glad he did as it was coming up to five o'clock and he didn't want to have to rush to get ready.

When he pulled into his driveway he was annoyed to discover Krystal's Mercedes was parked in the drive way. He had hoped that he could swoop in and out with her none the wiser but now he was going to either have to tell her she wasn't invited to the party which was probably true due to his sister's dislike of her or he was going to have to slip out before she noticed.

He decided he would opt for the latter. As much as he wasn't fond of her, a cruel man he wasn't.

As he walked through the door he heard the natter of two women. As he walked past the lounge he saw it was Krystal's god awful friend Kelly, a suck up of a girl who Krystal had met at a social gathering they went to a few years back. Since then they had been thick as thieves, she was Krystal's shadow so it was unsurprising to him that she was there. He also noticed the large bottle of Don Perignon on the table, which served three purposes; annoying Matt due to the extortionate price of it (which had no doubt came out of his money), showing off to Kelly and lastly, also least importantly getting them drunk.

"Hello my sweetie pie, how was work?" he could smell the alcohol on her as she came to try and hug him.

"Fine. Hi Kelly." he responded curtly whilst moving out of her grasp.

"Aren't you going to greet Kelly properly?"

"She's practically a permanent resident, I didn't think the niceties were necessary any more." He stated whilst walking up the staircase towards his bathroom.

They had a five bathrooms in the house, when Matt designed it he made it so each bedroom had a bathroom and there was also a main bathroom.

They had four bedrooms; the master bedroom, which was the largest of the bedrooms, was his room this had the largest bathroom aside from the main bathroom. Then there was Krystals room which was in its entirety two rooms as she had a walk in wardrobe attached to and a smallish bathroom. Then the two guest rooms had en-suites.

The house also had a sitting room, a lounge, a reception area, a dining room come kitchen which was open plan, a games room/mini cinema, an indoor pool and jacuzzi and beautiful gardens with water features and a pond.

Matt had definitely designed the house with a family in mind, however soon after moving in he realised with Krystal that was very unlikely.

Once he got to his room, he put his outfit ready on the bed and jumped in the shower.

He had been in the shower no longer than 10 minutes when he saw the bathroom door open, a familiar face popped round the door. Krystal.

"Where are you going?"

He immediately knew he shouldn't have put his outfit on the bed, now he had to deal with this. The last thing he wanted to be was agitated when he saw Honey.

"A dinner party"

"Why are you dressing up?"

"Its a fancy dress party"

"Who's party is it?"

"It's at my sister's"

"I didn't ask you that." She said with a venomous tone. "Who's. Party. Is It?"

"Actually, Krystal," He said getting out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist. "That is none of your business and what I do is nothing to do with you. Now I would appreciate it if you left me in peace."

That was the first time he had saw a hint of jealousy from Krystal, It was somewhat amusing for him. However he didn't like the idea of what she could do to Honey if her envy got out of control, so he decided it would be best not to agitate her any further.

He knew the extent of her manipulation and venom as both himself and Cece had been on the receiving end of it.

In fact what she did to Cece was the straw that broke the camels back for their relationship.

- - - - - -

When Matt arrived at the party, the majority of the people there he recognised from work, in all manor of crazy costumes; Tarzan, Geisha's, Mary-Antionette and he was pretty sure he even saw a Spiderman.

Then he saw Cece she was dressed up as Marilyn Monroe and It suited her well. She had the classic white, halter neck, a-line dress. Complete with red lipstick, a beauty spot and coiffed blonde hair.

"Hey Cece, you look lovely."

"Matt, well I wasn't expecting that."

Instead of wearing a wig he had opted to spray his own hair darker and style it into a wolverine-esque style, he was wearing a brown leather jacket with a white sleeveless top, black trouser and completed the look with the iconic claws.

"YOU LOOK FABULOUS!"

"Thanks Cece, so where is she?"

"She's still in her room, she wont come out. But Matt I don't think its the best idea you going up there."

As soon as she had said "She's still in her room" he was gone.

He didn't know why he was going to Honey's room all he knew was he wanted to see her. Now.

- - - - - -

Knock, knock.

"I'm coming Cece just doing my hair"

Knock, knock.

"I'm coming!" This time she walked to the door as she did so it opened, and there he was.

The man that had filled her mind since the day she saw him. Stood in the doorway of her room.

"How are you?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"I'm doing ok" she said quietly. "Do you want to come in whilst I finish getting ready?" Avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah, sure. Are you ok walking to your chair?" Trying to assist her.

"I'm alright Matt, Just a bit slow. But thank you." She said smiling at him.

As she sat back down, she turned to face him. Then what she wanted to say to him just came out.

"I've been meaning to talk to you, people have told me how much you did for me and I have all these questions in my head I want to ask you. But I need to tell you, thank you so much.

You not only saved my life, but you saved my quality of life and I just, I don't know how I'm ever going to repay you for what you did but I will find a way."

And with that she gave him a big hug.

He dreamed of the day he could feel her in an embrace, she was warm and smelt of strawberry.

She continued "So I was wondering if we could start by being friends, I know its a lot to ask but-"

"Of course we can I would be honoured to be friends with you. Maybe we can see a movie and have some dinner next week? As friends of course" He quickly added.

"Yeah, why not. If you take my number then we can discuss details next week?"

"Sounds great, I'm really glad we can be friends. I know we got off to a odd start but I'm glad we can put it behind us." He said with a smile. "I'll see you in a minute."

And with that he left.

Speaking to him eased all the fear she had about facing everyone at the party, she was feeling much more confident after speaking to Matt and was now ready to go out in her costume and see her friends.

Not to mention she couldn't believe how easy it had been talking to him.

Wonderful as that was though, having such a great connection with him wouldn't help her feelings for him. She put this out of her mind and went back to her elation.

- - - - - -

When she finally entered the room everyone turned to look at her.

Frankly Matt was stunned, her outfit was certainly not what he had expected.

She was dressed as Alice from Alice and wonderland, surprisingly enough with the blonde, shoulder length wig on she looked a lot like Alice.

She had a just above the knee sky blue, puffy, pinafore dress on with knee high white socks on and a white headband.

She looked amazing and he'd never seen an Alice and wonderland costume look so hot!

It wasn't a slutty outfit at all in fact it was very innocent looking but with her demure and angelic nature it made that outfit even more appealing to him, like he wanted to corrupt her a little or a lot.

But after their talk he was very keen to take things slowly with her, not just jump in there and wreck everything. So instead of eye fucking her like he currently was, he jumped up to see if she needed any help getting to the table.

"Honestly Matt, I really don't need any help. I'm just a little slow that's all."

"Hon, I'm going to help you. Not because you are some kind of invalid but because I'm a friend escorting the beautiful host to her seat."

Honey couldn't help but blush. "Thank you."

Matt sat Honey down right next to him, he hadn't got to know her before the accident but now they were going to be friends he thought it was the perfect time to get to know each other properly.

"So how have you been feeling since you left the hospital?" Matt felt like kicking himself for slipping back to work mode.

"Not bad thanks, Cece has helped me out so much. I haven't even known her for long and she has already done more for me than anyone else. I couldn't be more grateful to you and your family Matt."

Matt was more than thankful she had kept her answer light and friendly.

"You are such a loving woman, I know if it was one of us you would have done the same. you don't owe us anything we are always more than happy to help.

So I want to know more about the Honey outside of Mercy General, tell me a little about you."

She went on to tell him about all her likes and dislikes from her love of French cuisine, cheesy romance and animals to her hatred of pineapple, historical dramas and the sea.

"So are you telling me you never swim in the sea?" Matt said in shock.

"Well I've only ever been on holiday once when I was very little, so I guess apart from being scared of the sea, I've never had much of an opportunity anyway."

"Really? Well maybe we should all go on holiday one day."

Matt realised the error he made as soon as the words had come out of his mouth but luckily as before she seemed to just brush it off.

"Yeah that might be nice." She smiled.

They barely noticed when the starter came from being so deep in conversation, they had spoke so much in such a short space of time and yet it seemed like he could speak to her forever.

He was glad to have finally found someone he felt like he could really connect with, even if only as a friend. Though he didn't want to admit it to himself he already couldn't bare the thought of her being with anyone else but him.

- - - - -

During the starter and whilst they waited for the main course, the people across from Honey took the opportunity to talk to her. One of those people was Rory who wanted to know about everything that had been happening since her accident and the other was a guy who she found out was Rory's new boyfriend, Karl.

Rory had had at least four 'boyfriends' in the short time Honey had known him and from their chats in the cafeteria, texts and what she heard around the hospital it seemed Rory was a bit of a man-eater.

They all chatted away, well more Honey and Rory did, with Matt and Karl interjecting every so often.

They were both very much enjoying the atmosphere and the company of each other and their friends until a knock came to the door.

mimi186
mimi186
63 Followers