Serpent's Salvation Ch. 06

Story Info
Too hot to handle.
3.2k words
4.84
21.9k
5

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/11/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ophiucus
Ophiucus
62 Followers

This story is fiction, copyrighted and property of the author. It can only be reprinted with permission of the author. Any resemblance to anything or anybody is one hell of a coincidence. If M/M stories offend you or are illegal for you to view, scram.

*

He was drowning.

After hearing of Sebastian's impending arrival from Mych, Aurel had lectured himself while getting ready. As he hurried through his ablutions he told himself that he could stay calm, collected. He would remain in control.

His social strengths were many. He was charismatic; sophisticated without being pompous. He was friendly, but never clingy. He was polite. He had nice teeth.

He wanted Sebastian, needed him, but that didn't mean that he couldn't function like a normal adult. This was the most important thing he would ever do in his lifetime. If he could charm the Garuda into retracting their claws, he should be able to attract one human male. He just had to.

He knew what needed to be done. He could finesse this.

Make him comfortable.

Be complimentary.

Show an interest.

Say something witty.

Smile. Mischa always said his smile was his best asset.

He was comparing ties for the umpteenth time when the absurdity of his behavior caught up to him. Ties? He'd rather wear nothing at all.

Mych insisted on being the one to meet Sebastian at the door. To Aurel's dissatisfaction, he also insisted that the others be present for their initial meeting.

A chaperone. At his age. Not for the first time Aurel wondered who was really in charge. It wasn't him. If he were in charge Sebastian would already be here, chained to a bed.

It was a nervous wait. Uncomfortable. Everyone seemed to have advice. Mych with his list of do and do nots. Alex with his courtship remembrances.

And then...

He was there. All of Aurel's resolutions, all of his ideas of careful seduction, all of his vaunted control went straight out the window as he stared once more at sheer perfection.

He didn't understand one word of what went on around him. He was on total autopilot. Mechanical responses to questions he didn't hear because of the thundering of his blood. On some level he recognized the other's attempts to include him, but he was struck dumb. He operated totally on emotion. Fury. Relief. Jealousy. Despair. Lust.

Love.

He felt primitive. Suddenly, kidnapping Sebastian and keeping him chained didn't sound bad at all. It would keep others from looking at him, coveting him. It would keep Aurel sane.

He nominated Alex for Sainthood when he finally left, taking everyone with him. Mych was harder. Aurel might not have had psychic ability, but he tried to put as much pleading into his eyes as possible, begging him for time alone. He could see Mych waver, then acquiesce.

He didn't know what he was doing. He wanted to talk, truly. He wanted to know Seb. He wanted to know his hopes and dreams. He wanted to know who Sebastian was, he wanted to hear Seb's laughter. He wanted...

Oh how he wanted.

He was drowning. Seb's lips and teeth, the taste of him, all cinnamon toothpaste and male. The dueling of tongues unwilling to submit, moist flesh against flesh hardwired to his very heart.

He cradled Seb's face in his large hands; slanting his head so he could probe deeper, plunder with his tongue, get inside Seb. Get so far inside that Seb could never get him out.

His thumbs gently traced the planes of Sebastian's face, learning the contours; at odds with the demand of his kiss. And Seb was kissing him back in a dark, hot way that nearly sent him to his knees.

It was so much more than mouth and hands. Aurel was taller, bending down for the kiss, finally picking Seb up and pressing him to the door, putting them chest to chest; cock to aching cock. They shifted against each other, hard and ready; their small movements almost too much to bear.

Seb whimpered at the new contact, almost painful in it's intensity. Aurel answered with a groan of his own, finally breaking the kiss, eyes clenched in ecstasy.

"Oh God..."

He was so lost in the feeling bombarding him that he failed to notice the impact his words had on Sebastian until he went rigid in his hold. It was like he had flipped a switch. Aurel looked down in stunned incomprehension as Sebastian started to squirm, trying to release himself from Aurel's iron grip. Surprised, Aurel quickly let go, Seb collapsing in a heap on the floor.

Aurel had to look away from the picture Seb presented. Resting on his elbows, legs spread, jacket askew. His mouth was red and wet from the kiss, his eyes wide in disbelief, hair loose in total disarray. Aurel clenched his fist so that he wouldn't succumb to the urge to reach out and touch him.

"What the..." Seb still hadn't caught his breath. "What the fuck was that?"

"I..."

"I mean, holy shit! That was-"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean- I don't know what I was...I'm sorry."

"It's just that; wow. That wasn't me, dude. I mean, I just don't do this sort of thing." Sebastian had the grace to blush. "At least, not since my freshman year of college." He looked around, trying to figure out the best way to get up without looking like an ass.

Aurel gave him a hand, flinching at the contact, fighting the instinct that told him to pull Seb into another embrace.

"I'm sorry."

"I know. I got that general idea."

"I don't do this sort of thing either. I just..."

"Got carried away," Seb finished for him.

"Yes." Aurel turned around and walked away, convinced that he had blown his chance.

"So did I."

It was now Aurel's turn to be surprised by Seb's proximity. He almost jumped when he felt Sebastian's hand against his side.

"Seriously, what was that?"

"I don't know. I've just been wanting to. I've never done this before. I'm strictly an amateur."

"If you go pro you'll kill somebody."

"I'm not interested in just somebody."

"Well, you'd definitely kill me."

Aurel paled at that. Any reminder of Sebastian's mortality was anathema, yet with every word exchanged he was pulling Seb deeper into danger.

"I saw you, that day," Sebastian said.

"I know."

"Why were you there?"

Aurel ran his fingers through his hands as he worried about what to admit. He settled on the truth. An edited version, but a fairly close approximation of the truth.

Mych would kill him.

"You were in the wrong place at the wrong time. We've been having some security problems. I can't discuss it, but there have been certain threats. No one knew who you were."

"I'm a pretty open book. It couldn't be that hard to figure out that I'm no threat."

"I wouldn't say that you aren't a threat."

"What!" Sebastian's brows were beginning to gather in anger. "Look, Mr. Draco-"

"What I'm trying to say is that I saw you. I've been a mess since then. Ask Mych. You've been driving me insane." He waited a moment while Seb digested his words. "I want you. Badly. I call that threatening."

Seb had a hard time swallowing past the lump in his throat. His dream man had just told him that he was obsessing in the same way that Seb was; right after Seb pushed him away when things got too intense. Sebastian wished that he could just jump back into the guy's lap and wiggle to his heart's content, but...Seb was still Seb.

"I don't know what you want from me, but I don't trust you." He went on despite the small sound of distress that Aurel made. "And I'm not interested in just a quick fuck either." It was almost a dare.

"You are a perceptive man. You shouldn't trust me. I have more secrets than one person should have to bear." Sebastian wasn't prepared for the vehemence of Aurel's voice, or the way his shoulders were suddenly gripped. Aurel's face was close to his. Sebastian turned his head away, but instead of following and continuing their lip lock, Aurel's voice sounded in his ear, soft and seductive. Deadly.

"But I'm not interested in anything quick with you either." Sebastian was about to protest, but the feel of a tongue caressing the shell of his ear quieted him. "Certainly not a quickfuck."

Sebastian almost came when Aurel said fuck. Guttural, promising, slurred like they really had just exploded together; imbued with a wealth of imagery involving the two of them and all they could do.

"I like slow," Aurel said. "I would like slow with you."

Sebastian could do slow. He could do slow now. Like right now.

"So we will go slow."

Seb was disoriented when Aurel released his shoulders, taking his hand instead.

"But make no mistake, I'm not going anywhere. You don't trust me, I understand that, but I need the chance to change your mind. I want to get to know you. If I have to go slow, I'll go slowly. If you need time, I'll wait."

Aurel tugged on Seb's hand, pulling him towards the door.

"Where are we going?"

"The tour." He laughed at Seb's blank look. "You know, the snakes? Consider it our first date."

Aurel looked back over his shoulder at a speechless Seb, a small smile playing across his lips.

"And just so you know, when you finally want fast and hard, I'm available."

***

"Oh my god! It'sso big. I've never seen one this big."

Aurel groaned and leaned his forehead against the glass. Sebastian was going to be the death of him. He had imagined Seb saying something similar so many times, but this is not what he had in mind. Oh no.

"Really. This is the biggest Reticulated Python I've ever laid eyes on, in a zoo or in the wild. Awesome!"

Though there was something to be said about Seb's enthusiasm. And he liked snakes. That was a big plus. Aurel was fond of snakes too.

He had payed particular attention to Seb's reaction when he first saw the mural. The mural was on a large, curved wall before the habitat, dominating the space with it's lushly rendered depictions of vipers. Aurel watched Seb with satisfaction as he traced one figure after another. Ourobouros. Tiamat. Ophiuchus and Serpens. The Tree of Knowledge.

Seb turned to him with a slightly silly grin. "Sorry. It's a habit. I'm a very tactile person; I like to touch things."

"I'm relieved to hear it."

Sebastian turned away quickly in embarrassment, but Aurel could still see the smile.

"It's probably one of the reasons I like snakes so much. They feel like living, breathing jewels."

Sebastian was the only jewel here.

Aurel surprised himself. If he had heard someone say something that sentimentally saccharine he would have been amused. But somehow, when it came to Seb, it felt right.

He had become rather jaded with the reptiles in his care, just as he had become jaded by everything else, but somehow, seeing it all through Sebastian's eyes, he found renewed interest and awe. Sebastian was already giving him so much, and he didn't even realize it.

"Will I be able to handle them at some point? I have experience. Even with the hot ones."

"I don't see why not. Probably not the more poisonous ones. And definitely not the retic. He's...tempermental."

Sebastian looked at the Python with a strange quirk of the eyebrow. "Oh, I don't know. Somehow I don't think it will be a problem." Aurel gave him a questioning look, which he ignored.

"It will be a problem. Gonzo is mean. And some anti-venoms aren't readily available here. The Inland Taipan is off limits. I'll have to check on a few others."

"Gonzo?"

Aurel suppressed the urge to roll his eyes. Everyone asked. "My sister insisted. It's her precious little baby."

"That monster?"

"Yes."

"No offense, but your sister has some issues with reality perception."

"I suppose she does."

"Just the one sister?"

"No other siblings. Both of our parents are gone."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It happened a long time ago."

Seb took a moment to find an eyelash viper among a cluster of branches. "I really do have experience with poisonous snakes. I'm a very good handler."

"Absolutely not."

"But-"

"Have you ever been bitten?"

"Just once. It wasn't my fault either."

"Really."

"Yes, really! I was just fine, but I was with someone who had a lot less brain. He thought that because a Gabboon looked kind of fat it would also be slow. He provoked it, I tried to grab it before it could bite him and I was bitten instead." Sebastian brushed it off like it was nothing, but the truth was that he came very close to dying before receiving aid.

Aurel knew exactly what a Gaboon could do, and it bothered him that Seb could be so blasé about it. Still, he didn't want to scare Seb away by ordering him to be safe. That would sound insane.

"We have a Gaboon viper." Aurel motioned him towards another part of the gallery. "This way."

"What's its name?"

Aurel groaned feelingly. "Filbert."

"And the Eyelash?"

"Bobo."

Sebastian thought about that for a minute. "I think I'm going to like your sister."

"She'll like you too."

***

By the time he left, Sebastian was, if not quite walking on air, doing a damned good impression of a hovercraft. Aurel too, looked happy. For the first time in; well, maybe ever.

They spent several hours with the snakes, comparing notes, exclaiming over a particularly beautiful specimen, laughing over a horribly ill-named beast. It was the first respite from stress that either of them had experienced in quite a while.

Aurel was insidious, the way he got under Seb's skin. When Aurel was near he didn't feel the press of psychic assault, he didn't experience the overwhelming plethora of crap; he just experienced Aurel.

Before he left he got to experience a bit more of Aurel. They had stopped in a nook by the front door, looking at each other in the dim recessed light, the guard driven away with a word. They stared at each other for a moment before Aurel's hand came up to caress the fine line of Seb's jaw.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For not running away."

"I'm not a coward."

"I didn't say you were." They were silent for a long moment, savoring the gentle touch. "Two days is a long time."

"I know, but I have a ton of work to do tomorrow. I've been slacking."

Aurel smiled at that. "I can't imagine you slacking. You have too much energy."

"Aurel?" This time, Seb sounded tentative.

"Yes?"

"Why am I being followed?" Aurel's hand ceased its motion as he went rigid for a moment. It was only a second, but Sebastian could feel the difference.

"Followed?"

"I've seen them." No way was Sebastian telling him about the psychic thing. Not now. Probably not ever. Even if Aurel was a grey alien.

Aurel gave a resigned shrug. "They aren't following you. At least, not in the way you mean. They aren't keeping tabs on you, they're protecting you."

"Protecting? Why do I need protection?"

Aurel sighed as he heard the ice creep into Seb's voice. He had hoped to avoid this. "You really did come at the worst possible moment. We think you were seen. Your presence could have been misconstrued and we couldn't take that chance. I went to see you and-"

"You didn't warn me."

"I tried to stay away from you! It's not in your best interest to be anywhere near me." Seb tried to leave but was stopped by Aurel's grip on his wrist. "I should have said that itwasn't in your best interest. Past tense. Now, it really doesn't matter; you are already linked to me. The best we can do is go forward."

"You can go forward all by yourself. I can't believe this! I don't need your protection."

"But I need you."

"Bullshit."

Sebastian found himself inexorably pulled into Aurel's arms again. Seb was expecting a fight, and was totally disarmed by what he found instead. This time was softer, less frantic. It was an exploration, savoring the subtle shift and play, plumbing every nuance of lovemaking. The teasing nips and soft sting of teeth to lip; laved well by a healing tongue. Instead of gripping lust, it was a caress, instead of a fight for dominance, they both battled to submit. This time, Aurel broke the kiss first, cradling Seb, staring into his eyes to the raw hurt he tried to shield.

"I do need you, and I'm sorry."

"Then call them off."

"I can't do that. You have no idea what they are capable of."

Sebastian's face was a mix of conflicting emotions that passed too quickly for Aurel to discern. He almost had a heart attack when Seb pulled his face down for another kiss; a passionate kiss that threatened to erupt into a conflagration. Seb broke away much too soon though, still looking unsure.

"I'm not doing this right now. I have to think. I don't like having decisions made for me. I'm not sure if I want to be involved with someone that arbitrary." He put even more distance between himself and Aurel, straightening his appearance. Aurel could feel him pulling away from him; in all ways. He reached out to touch Seb, to anchor him, but he sidestepped neatly.

"No! I mean it. I need to think. You should think too. I'm not going to be treated like a little woman."

"I'm not-"

"It might not seem that way to you, but it sure seems that way to me."

"Damnation! Do you want to die?"

"No. But I don't want my choices made for me. I'm not exactly a lightweight; I've got quite a bit of training. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Muay Thai. Sambo." They glared at each other before Seb's eyes softened.

"Look, this isn't goodbye. Just think of it as an I'll-see-you-later. I can live with that if you can."

"That depends."

"On what?"

"Do I get an I'll-see-you-later kiss?"

"Well..." Sebastian never got to finish what he was saying. It was quite a while before he got a chance to speak again.

***

Seb was remarkably cheerful on the way home. He still had guys following him, and he wasn't too happy about it, but even that paled in comparison to...

Hot damn, could that boy kiss!

He went to sleep happy. He even woke up happy, something that never happened. He had been the only kindergartener to miss Saturday morning cartoons due to morning crankiness, and here he was, whistling while making waffles. Waffles! He should probably see a doctor.

Sebastian smiled big and said hi to a neighbor as he left, who just returned his smile with a glare of suspicion. The birds were singing, the car was shiny and smelled like dime store evergreen. The air was...O.k., the air was still foul, but the sky was great. He had read that pollution made for nice sunsets, so that was something.

Seb turned onto the main road and threw on some music, upbeat and happy, a complete turn around from the morose, dirge-like stuff he had been dieting on lately.

He had just leaned over to fast-forward a song when his back windshield imploded in a shower of glass.

***

Ophiucus
Ophiucus
62 Followers