Seven Days Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soular
soular
3,052 Followers

"Nic," she whispered, "please take that back. Please say you didn't mean it. Please," she begged.

Nic stared down at her. The look in her eyes was killing him. He really hurt her. There was no other emotion there. No anger, resentment, hatred...just pure sadness. Fuck! Nic felt dizzy for a moment. He hesitated. 'I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry I hurt you and I lo—' were all on the tip of his tongue. He licked his lips in preparation for delivering that message to her. Here goes...

He opened his mouth..."Get dressed, Victoria," was all that came out.

Victoria could feel the sadness in her body giving way to another feeling that was coursing through her body. A numbness fell over her. She looked up at him, staring into his stone cold, expressionless face. It was gone. Whatever tiny thread of a connection that they had the other night...had now disappeared. He was looking at her like he had that first night she met him. When he didn't give a shit about her. That's exactly the way he looked now. Victoria continued to stare at his face until she could no longer see it. She looked through him while her mind was deep in thought. She was done crying. She was done with this rollercoaster. She was done with Nic Andretti. For good. Her heart, mind and body couldn't take it. He had called her a slut and pretty much confirmed that she would never be anything more to him. She wanted to punch him in the face and scream I hate you over and over to him. But that would show that she cared. She just couldn't anymore.

Nic left the bedroom and walked down the hall. His stomach hurt. He stood by the bar nervously, wondering what the fuck he should do. He was never this indecisive. He was never this nervous. Even at dinner tonight with the Russians, he knew exactly what to say to land the deal. He had them in the palm of his hand. Even afterwards, Eddie had congratulated him on being the best, but he couldn't even smile. What had he just sacrificed to be the best?

After a few minutes, he took a deep breath and walked back toward the bedroom. He saw her slipping into a short black dress he had bought for her. She looked so damn good, but she wouldn't look at him. She walked to the bathroom and he followed. He leaned against the door, watching her apply makeup in the reflection of the mirror. Her hands were shaky, and her eyes were swollen and red. 'I fucked up,' he said in his mind, but couldn't verbalize it. She was so beautiful. Inside and out. A combination he had yet to come across until he met her. Even after she applied her eyeliner, a small tear rolled down her cheek. She quickly blotted it, and pulled her hair into a messy updo. She picked up a necklace Minka had chosen for her and tried clumsily to snap it behind her neck. She missed twice, before Nic gently took it from her hands and snapped it. He stood behind her, his chin to the top of her head, looking at her in the mirror. She glanced up at him, but she looked different. Withdrawn. He knew in that moment, he should have said something, but again...for the third time that night, he said nothing and walked away.

***********************

When they returned from the afterparty, Nic removed his jacket and sat his keys on the counter. Victoria quietly followed in after him and walked to the bedroom. She hadn't said a word to him all night. She shook the hands of different people she had been introduced to at the party, and talked to those people, but she refused to speak to him. Fine. Maybe it was for the best. She was supposed to be here for only one reason anyway.

Nic made his way to the bedroom, and found her pulling her dress down and stepping out of it. She removed her strapless bra and panties, but before she could put anything on to sleep in, Nic grabbed her and gently pushed her back on to the bed. She just stared up at him. Nothing really registering in her eyes. Nic removed his shirt and unbuckled his pants. He pulled them down and eased his way on top of her, resting in between her legs. He pulled the covers up over them and then pushed his thick shaft into her pussy. He braced himself with his arms as he began to stroke in and out of her.

As always, she felt so good, but he looked down at her face, and she hadn't changed her expression. She was literally just lying there while he had sex with her. But Nic knew how to make her come and forget their problems. He put on his wicked grin, picked up the pace and started licking and biting her neck. He raised up to glance at her face again, but still nothing. He stilled himself within her when he saw a single tear roll down the side of her face. Fuck. It had never been like this between them. Even when she hated him, he was able to turn her on. Her body naturally responded to him. But now...nothing. He pulled out of her and rolled over onto his back. She still hadn't moved an inch. He would have felt better if she would have screamed at him or tried to smack him like she had done in the past. Nothing. He needed to clear his head. He needed to get away before he broke down his wall and fucked everything back up again by telling her how he felt.

He got up from the bed and pulled his pants back up. He placed his shirt back over his head, put his shoes on and walked out of the bedroom. He quickly grabbed his keys from the counter and left.

Victoria rolled over onto her side when she heard the front door slam. She had never felt so empty and hurt in her life. She would never wish this kind of confusion and pain on anyone. Maybe Amber. But not anyone else. He had kissed her. He had made her feel so special just two nights ago, and now...he pretty much equated her to a prostitute who he had no respect for. She could have been a fucking blow up doll tonight, for all it mattered. She didn't understand what had happened and she figured she probably never would. Perhaps there was nothing really ever there to begin with. Maybe it was all in her head. She had never had much experience with men, and the few she did know, she could have done without. Nic had used her in every way, and just the thought of that was making her sick. She felt like such a fool.

But Victoria knew what she had to do now. She had to take control of her life, and stop letting people run it for her. She had to be smarter and stronger and grow a thicker skin and stop being the victim. She knew of one option. One way to end this all now. It was definitely a long shot, but she had to try. She would wake up early in the morning and set her plan in motion.

**********************

Victoria woke up extra early the next morning and called Nic's house, praying that he wouldn't answer. Her prayers were answered, when Jimmy picked up. She begged him for an address, and after a few minutes, he reluctantly gave it to her. She could tell that he probably knew what she was about to do, but at this point, she really didn't care. She just hoped that he wouldn't tell Nic until after she was done.

Victoria arrived an hour later at the address Jimmy had given her. It was Paul Marcone's estate. He immediately buzzed her in and she drove down his long driveway. Like Nic's, his house was also extremely beautiful. It looked like a large villa that belonged in Tuscany or somewhere exotic. There was a fountain with Koi fish that set directly in the center of the circular driveway.

Paul came outside to greet her with a large smile on his handsome face. "Victoria Davis, how are you?" he said, giving her a handshake and then pulling her in for a hug.

"Hi Mr. Marcone," Victoria said.

"No, none of that. Paul. Just Paul," he smiled down at her.

Paul hooked his arm through hers and led her into his stunning house. She could see through the windows in the back of the house that he had a tennis court and a pool. He quickly showed her around before they retreated to his office. Once inside, Victoria sat opposite Paul, looking around at his artwork on the walls. She then glanced at him, but quickly lowered her eyes. She couldn't believe she was about to do this. She was so nervous. He would probably just think she was crazy.

"So, how can I help you, Victoria?" Paul asked, sensing something was wrong. It wasn't every day someone like her showed up at his house, out of the blue.

How do you ask something like this? Victoria balled her hands up, took a deep breath and stared straight into his face. "Mr. Mar—Paul, I have a problem that I can't solve on my own. And if I had any other option, I would take it. But I don't think I do. I need...um, I need to borrow some money. Seventy thousand dollars," Victoria rushed out.

She stared at his face, looking for any change or surprise in her request. But she found none. He just sat looking at her. She hated that she was asking him for this. He probably had people asking all the time, and now she was no better or different than them. God, she hated money.

"And, I—I would try to pay you back as soon as I can. I realize that's a lot to ask for, but it's important to me. I'm a hard worker, and I'll pay you back one day. I promise."

Paul still sat unmoving, just staring. Victoria realized what she must look like. She barely knew him. They had only met once briefly at a party before his son had interrupted them. For all he knew, she could be playing him, just seeing if he would give her that much. She felt so stupid. She quickly grabbed her purse and stood.

"I'm so sorry, this was—shit, I'm sorry," Victoria said about to walk out.

"Victoria?"

She turned back around, "Yes?"

"Can you please sit back down so we can discuss this?" Paul asked.

Victoria hesitated for a few seconds, but then walked back over to the chair and sat down.

"Victoria, that's a lot of money to ask for, without really knowing what the investment is or how you plan to pay it back. What would the money go toward?" Paul asked, leaning back in his chair.

This was the part Victoria didn't want to deal with. In her mind, when she accepted Nic's arrangement weeks ago, it seemed like her only option at the time. But...the idea of explaining it to people, made her feel weak and cheap. And although Paul seemed like a nice man, maybe in telling him of the arrangement, he would want a similar payment as Nic. At that moment the shame that washed over her was unbearable.

"Um, a-a while back, I..." Victoria said as her voice cracked. Keep it together, keep it together. "I accepted an arrangement with Nic. My fa-father owed him seventy thousand dollars for a failed business, but he couldn't pay it. So I..." the tears were already starting to brim to the surface, and her words were being cut off by her short breaths. Saying what she had done out loud was so much harder. Victoria quickly brushed a tear away before it fell. "I chose to stay a week with Nic to pay for the debt so he wouldn't hurt my family," she whispered, while two tears rolled down her cheeks. Victoria wiped them away as Paul came around to the front of the desk and handed her a tissue.

She wanted to thank him for the tissue, but she was afraid if she spoke at that moment, the floodgates of tears would open.

After a few moments of staring at her, Paul asked, "But now you're paying him the money anyway?"

Victoria swallowed several times before she could answer. "I—I can't do this anymore," she whispered, as more tears filled the brims of her eyelids. She blotted them with the tissue and squeezed the paper into a ball in her hand. How embarrassing to have to admit this to a man like Paul. Some lowlife, it wouldn't hurt so much. But for some reason, she didn't want Paul to think horrible things about her character. She really was a good person...even if she had lowered herself in many people's eyes. But too much had changed for her to accept even one more day with Nic, so she prayed Paul would understand.

Paul wiped his hand down his face and exhaled. "Victoria?"

She glanced up at him.

"Victoria, you do understand that this would be giving my competition seventy thousand dollars of my own money?" he asked, in a calm voice.

Victoria felt so stupid. Another tear dropped and landed on her pants. She wiped the streak off with her hand and quickly stood. "I know, and it was a dumb idea for me to ask you. I'm sorry, I can figure out something else. Thank you for your time, Mr. Mar--," she couldn't even finish the rest. She had to leave before she broke down.

"Renny?" Paul shouted, and a young guy stepped through the door, blocking Victoria's exit.

"Yes, sir?"

"Can you please count out seventy grand for Ms. Davis and bring it in here? Thanks."

The young man nodded his head and walked out. Victoria lowered her head, absolutely speechless. Was he really about to give her the money?

Paul walked over to her and leaned against the wall. "I know you did what you felt you had to do to protect your family, and for that...I can only hold you in high regard, even more so than I already did."

Victoria had no words. She knew she needed to say thank you, but at the moment, she couldn't talk. How could a man in his line of work be so kind?

Finally, her voice was slowly coming back to her. "Thank you, Mr. Ma—Paul," Victoria stuttered, getting a little choked up.

Renny came back with a small black duffel bag. He handed it to Victoria. She had never held so much money in all her life. Funny, now that she was holding it...it seemed awful light...to be what she was worth. Seventy thousand dollars.

Paul walked with her back out to Nic's car.

Victoria gave a smile as she got in. "Thank you again, Paul. I—I won't ever forget this," she whispered.

Paul kissed the back of her hand. "My pleasure, Victoria. Keep in touch."

"I will," she promised, as she pulled out of the driveway. She glanced back at him in the rearview mirror and he removed one of his hands from his pocket and quickly waved bye. No, she certainly wouldn't forget him...ever.

Now...onto the even harder part. Victoria drove to her next destination...hopefully for the last time. When she arrived at Nic's, she asked the person at the gate for Jimmy. He was about to buzz her in, when she asked him not to. She had wanted to meet him at the gate.

When she saw Jimmy walking down the driveway, she took a deep breath. No turning back now.

"Hey Vicky," Jimmy said, eyeing her suspiciously.

"Hey Jimmy. Can you do me a favor and hand this to Nic?" she said, placing the duffel bag in his hands.

It didn't take Jimmy long to feel the neatly packed money through the bag. He sighed and looked back at her.

"Vicky, I..."

"No, please don't say anything Jimmy. None of this is your fault. I think you're a great guy. But nothing you can say will make me stay."

Jimmy leaned on her door. He brushed his hand through his hair and looked at her.

"Alright, then I'll keep quiet."

"Thank you," Victoria said, as she moved the gear to reverse.

"But you know he's going to come after you when he gets this, right?"

"I doubt he'll even care, Jimmy."

Jimmy scoffed, "Come on Vicky, he's crazy about you, he just won't admit it."

Victoria shook her head, "I thought maybe there was something there. I hoped it was. But, he couldn't say those things to me if he cared. I don't see how he could. But I have to go now. And can you tell Raymond I said 'bye'?"

Jimmy looked down at her. "I'm sure Raymond would rather hear it from you...and trust me, I'll give you a fifteen minute headstart, but he's gonna come find you. I know him."

Victoria planted a small smile on her face as Jimmy lightly squeezed her hand and then turned to walk back through the gate.

Victoria cursed herself all the way back to Nic's loft. She should have packed first, then driven to Paul's. That way she could just drop off his car and go. She really didn't want to go back there, and now the thought of Nic maybe showing up was more than she could handle. She just wanted this done and over with.

Jimmy waited exactly fifteen minutes before he walked into Nic's office. He and Eddie were leaning over his desk, looking at maps.

"But what about this territory...that's still me, right?" Nic asked.

"Yes, but that's what Sonny was telling Anzor about. And..."

"What?" Nic asked Jimmy, cutting Eddie off. "And where did you go? You're my second...you need to be looking at this."

Jimmy walked up to the desk and placed the bag down. "Victoria wanted to drop this off for you," Jimmy stated matter of fact.

Nic's eyes dropped to the bag. He had seen bags like this before. Several times. They ALWAYS contained money. She couldn't...Nic looked back up at Jimmy.

"Did you open it?" Nic asked.

"No."

Nic slowly unzipped the bag and stared at its contents. Several neat stacks of hundreds were staring back at him. He felt a tightening in his chest. She wanted to get away from him that bad? He was having trouble breathing. He grabbed his keys and walked around his desk and left without so much as another word to either of the men in his office. Eddie looked at Jimmy and then peeked into the bag. Jimmy walked over to the couch and sat down. He hoped that wasn't the last he would see of Victoria.

As soon as Victoria parked, she quickly said hey to Sam, and rushed upstairs. She flung open the door and sprinted to the bedroom. She grabbed her old duffel bag that was tucked into the corner of the closet. She picked up her new and old converse, the few clothes she had brought over to his place and her toiletries from the bathroom.

She ran out into the front room to grab her Scrabble board but then she couldn't find her poetry book. She usually kept it on the coffee table, but it was missing. She looked by his entertainment center, but it wasn't there either. She ran to the bedroom again, and searched around for it, dropping to her knees and was looking underneath the bed when she heard the front door slam.

She slowly lifted her head as she heard him coming down the hallway. When he walked into the room, at first he didn't see her, but then their eyes locked. He looked pissed and...well something that she couldn't pinpoint.

"Where did you get the money?" he asked her, walking towards her.

"It doesn't matter. It's all there and now my family and I are done with you," Victoria said, rising to her feet.

"It does matter. Where did you get it?!" Nic shouted at her. He normally kept his voice in check, but he looked livid. Well, she was done with this. She wasn't about to let him intimidate her.

She tried to walk past him, but he grabbed her arm and slung her towards his body.

"Nic, let go," Victoria quietly said, while trying to pull her arm from him.

"Where the fuck did you get the money?!" Nic repeated, locking her upper arm into a death grip.

Victoria just stared at him. She wasn't going to play this game with him. She looked down at her arm, waiting for him to release her.

She wasn't fighting him back. She wasn't pulling away from him. She really was done with their arrangement. Nic had thought he had more time. More time to figure out what to do with her. She still had several more days with him, and now it had all ended. Rightfully, he had no reason to hold onto her, but he couldn't let go of her arm. This was it...in a few moments she'd be walking out of the door...and leaving his life. He tried to tell himself that this was the best for both of them, and that he needed to get his business under control, which he couldn't do with Victoria around. At least that's what his mind was telling him...but the heart...well, that's a separate matter entirely. He hadn't really used those muscles in a long time...and now the only good thing he felt about himself...was about to be ripped from him. She would move on with her life...meet someone...oh fuck. Nic licked his dry lips to say something. Anything.

But nothing came.

Victoria saw his eyes go soft. That was the first time since he had promised to make her Italian food that she had seen that look. But too late. She gently pulled her arm from his grip and walked around him. She needed to leave before anything happened. Before she weakened. She would just have to leave her book. She walked out to the front of the condo and grabbed her bag.

soular
soular
3,052 Followers