Seven Days of Service - Day 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Hatsuda
Hatsuda
198 Followers

Slipping up quietly towards the booth, I suddenly stopped, wondering what it was I expected to discover going on between the two. It was then that I heard the words that would cause me even more confusion during this week of service.

Robert had just finished saying something to Cathy and I watched her remove his hand from hers, and lean back into the booth. Looking over at him she said, "I'm flattered by the invitation, Mr. Swanson, but I have to tell you that I belong to Mr. Bentley." Robert said something more to Cathy, something I was unable to hear, and she responded, "I don't think that you understand Mr. Swanson—I belong completely to Mr. Bentley." As she said that, I saw her absent-mindedly raise her hand to brush her fingertips against the collar.

My heart skipped a beat or two, but it was countered by the knowledge that tonight would be the end of any power I had over her, according to the terms of the 'service' agreement. Nonetheless, I stepped into their view, and sat down next to Cathy.

"Meeting go well?" I asked.

I saw Cathy take in a deep breath, as though she were relieved that I'd finally showed up, and Robert fell back against the booth, nodding his head. A few minutes of conversation confirmed that all details had been related to Cathy and that a solid tentative plan had been formed for the completion of her proposal for his project.

Cathy excused herself to the ladies room and Robert and I had a few minutes to discuss the professional background of Cathy's credentials. After I'd assured him that she was very much an equal to me in project management, he switched the subject a bit and asked me if she were attached or available.

"For what?" I asked.

"You know, for dating or such." He replied.

Looking him straight in the eye, I said, "Robert, Cathy belongs to me, period." As I finished saying that, I looked up and saw Cathy standing beside us, having returned from her trip down the hall. I also saw a faint smile on her lips as she reminded me of my promise to take her out after her meeting with Robert.

Robert rose, thanked both of us for the support for his projects and undaunted, picked up Cathy's hand and kissed the back of it, bidding us a good night. As he left, Cathy turned to look at me as I looked at her. Suddenly, we both broke out into laughter! The dark mood was broken and I was grateful for it.

As we moved back to the bar, Hattie informed Cathy that I had a present to offer her for her endurance of the past week of service. Surprised, Cathy turned to face me with a question on her face.

I felt her eyes on me as I opened the case for the necklace. Turning, I reached for the clasp holding her collar onto her neck and as I'd expected, she tried to stop me from removing it. Looking directly into her eyes, I reached once more for the clasp on her collar, and this time she allowed me to release the clasp, although she frowned disapprovingly while I did it.

Setting down the velvet collar, I picked up the silver necklace and held it in front of her face. Explaining the significance of the various features to her, I then attached it around her neck, and leaned in to kiss her on the forehead. Looking over her shoulder, I saw the Captain in the doorway to the back of the bar, smiling his approval.

As tears ran down her face, Cathy brought her right hand up to the side of my face and trembling slightly, ran her fingertips softly down my cheek to my chin. Positioning her fingers under my chin she raised her face to mine and briefly kissed my lips.

Taking our leave for the rest of the evening, we left the Harbor Bar to continue our last evening together at AJ's, the city's finest, at which I'd made reservations and the home of the area's only 4-star chef. The only concern I had was the musical theme of this establishment, which was anything from ballroom to contemporary.

I needn't have worried however, as the food, atmosphere and the dancing turned out to be nearly perfect. My ex had insisted that I learn to dance to fit in with her snobbish crowd, and until tonight, I never really enjoyed it. Cathy turned out to be an exceptionally energetic and talented dancer, and we, as the old saying goes, "Danced the night away."

Finally though, it was time to call it a night and reluctantly we made our way back to Cathy's apartment. It was just past midnight, and the limit of the time of service had officially expired. Reaching her doorway, I stopped and turned her around to face me.

"Cathy," I started. "I have to tell you that I've admired the way you've held up under the conditions I've imposed on you during this week of service. I really thought I could get you to give up early and get us back to focusing on our work. I hope you don't hold any of this against me going forward and I hope we can continue to work together after this week."

As I leaned in to kiss her, her eyes began to tear, and she suddenly broke loose from me, opened her door and quickly slipped inside, locking it behind her. I stood there for a few moments, surprised at her sudden reaction to my good night gesture. Dammit, I thought, now that really went well.

Returning to my house, I began to feel the beginnings of my own personal torment. Cathy's scent permeating throughout the rooms, along with the more obvious evidence of her visits-the instruments I'd used for her torment-still lined up on the bed stand where we'd left them at noon, all conspired to taunt me over my sudden loss. This upcoming week was not going to be one of my best.

(Conclusion to follow)

Hatsuda
Hatsuda
198 Followers