Seven Years Since The Motel Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Erm." He indicated a spot near his eye. She began to rub at her face, and tried to contain her own laughter as she watched him struggle not to laugh at her. "I don't think that's going to work, Maisie. I think we both need a shower."

She stilled, losing all thoughts of laughter. "A shower?"

There was a long pause before he answered. "Separate showers, Maisie."

"Right. Obviously."

She couldn't believe she thought he had meant together. True, they'd done that once—excluding the Mr. Ducky baths, that is—but of course he hadn't meant together. All she had managed to do was make things uncomfortable again, for an awkward tension—the same awkward tension that had been in the air before she asked about his flight—was back. She looked around, trying to think of something else to say, but of course for some inane reason all she could think of was his flight.

She felt his hand in her hair. Her heart stuttered, and then began beating so hard and fast she was sure he could feel it. She whipped her face back to his.

"Sorry. It's, um, it's been in your hair all morning, so I thought you might like me to...." He trailed off, holding out a dead plant stem in his hand.

She stared up at him, unmoving. He reached out his hand again and began to stroke her hair. The memory of him doing that same action came rushing into her mind. As they stared at one another, she again had the sense that he was somehow sharing her memories. She closed her eyes, playing that moment back in her mind, over and over again. It had felt so good, and so right; that had been the moment when she thought that they belonged together. It felt good and right now, too. It shouldn't though, right? They didn't belong together, right?

She felt the pressure of his lips on her temple. He kissed her there once, and then again. She felt his breath against her face as he moved across her face, down to her lips. They brushed across hers, with a touch so light she wasn't sure if she imagined it. She felt his other hand at her waist, and his thumb brushed the side of her breast as he moved up her back.

The feeling jolted her back to her senses, and she jumped up. They'd done this before; she needed to make sure they didn't do it again. "Um, I need to go. My mom, she's expecting me to help with the preserves. Bye."

She turned to leave, but didn't get far.

"Maisie?"

She paused, and turned to face him. It was his turn to grip the bench, just as she had done earlier that morning.

His voice sounded tight when he spoke again. "You can sleep in a bit tomorrow. I'll join you after my run."

"What? Why?"

He let out a single harsh laugh.

"I said, I'll join you after my run tomorrow. I believe we have seven years of your life to catch up on."

She stared at him, her brain catching up with his words until the realization hit her. Of course; her conversations with her mother had left him in an odd position.

"Right. Till tomorrow, then."

She hopped off the dock, struggling to stay upright on her jellied legs when she landed. She needed to think, to figure out what to do now that Alessandro Conti was back in her life.

She needed that bath.

-----------------------

Thanks to PennLady for editing. I appreciate your votes and comments.