Sex and the City

Story Info
Review of the widely anticipated movie.
999 words
3.62
14.7k
00
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers

If you are a guy you need to stop reading. No seriously. This is not the movie for you. It's a chick flick and this will only be boring for you. Well no, actually, I'm wrong. There are a few things that you'd like about this movie. There is nudity. Yes, nudity. The movie has naked breasts, naked women, naked men, oh and you do see a hard cock. The movie is rated R so if you are dragged to this movie by your lovely girlfriend or wife, don't worry. Just think of it as a cheap porno. Just beware that there actually is a storyline so you might need to sleep between the sex scenes.

"Sex and the City" was a sitcom that was shown on HBO. It started off simply and skyrocketed to the level of obsession. Women everywhere became obsessed with Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha, and of course Carrie. Quizzes popped up on the Internet so that the regular every day woman could find out which "Sex and the City" character they were.

When the last episode aired women were in mourning. The once a week guilty pleasure was forever gone. What were women to do? If you lived in New York City you got to laugh at how melodramatic certain scenes really were. If you didn't live in New York City you wished you did. I mean it seemed that all the thirty something women in New York wore high fashion clothing, had sex all the time, and had great careers. It was like a modern day utopia.

The details between the last episode and when the movie came out are littered with gossip and negativity. What matters for the "Sex and the City" obsessive compulsive watcher is that a movie was made and that for two hours and twenty-five minutes women everywhere could once again thrust themselves into the lives of our favorite New York city gals.

As the movie rolls on, we are given the details of what happened in those five years. We are told that Charlotte and Harry are happily raising their adopted daughter Lily. Miranda has become a wife and mother in Brooklyn, which by the way, sounds like a living hell if you ask her. Samantha has become Smith Jared's personal assistant of sorts in California. For those that followed the drama prior to all four stars signing onto the movie, I wonder if that was an easy way to write Samantha out of the script. I mean if she's in California how can she be around the other girls in New York? In any case, we are thrust back into their lives as well as the life of our female protagonist, Carrie. Carrie is in a "relationship" with Big, also known as John. This relationship goes from boyfriend, man friend, fiancé, ex fiancé, and then husband. Yes, I gave away the ending, but you knew it had to have a happy ending.

To sum up the movie is to describe a very cute and picturesque image. Carrie is reading a storybook to Charlotte's daughter Lily. Lily is Chinese and has dark hair and eyes. As a three-year-old girl, her room is pink with stuffed animals, princesses, and the idea that the world is perfect. Carrie reads her the story of Cinderella and at the end, explains that it doesn't always work out that way. Well, for a sweet three year old, she knows nothing of the heartache that our four main characters have dealt with. She only knows that Cinderella is a good story with pretty pictures. We want our main characters to have a "happily ever after" and that is the case.

The end of the movie is sweet and sappy. Miranda and Steve, who were on the verge of a divorce when Steve admits to cheating on Miranda once, get back together and have very hot and steamy sex. Samantha moves back to New York to enjoy her life as a single fifty something woman. Charlotte, who already had everything she wanted in a wonderful husband and daughter, now has a new addition, Rose. Carrie and John marry and we are to assume they live happily ever after.

The movie has something for everyone. If you remember back to the quiz you might have taken, you know the scientifically accurate "Which Sex and the City Character Are you?" you will spend the whole movie identifying with one or more of the characters. For someone who dealt with the pain of infertility, Charlotte's tears of happiness when she finds out she is pregnant are tears that all infertile women would like to shed. For those in a loveless, sexless marriage, you want Miranda and Steve to get back together. As you watch the almost pornographic image of Steve and his wife thrusting against each other, their bodies covered in sweat, you wish that you had a cute sexy bartender that loved you like that.

Of course, if you are like Carrie, you are relieved to know that there is a happy ending. You can get what you want. Carrie has to stop being what people think she should be and do her own thing. The elaborate wedding with the poofy white dress wasn't Carrie. Carrie knew who she was and she needed to discover that for herself.

What is interesting, of course, is a movie that is filled with sex, more sex, naked people, haute couture, more sex, and more haute couture; there is a striking balance between materialism and relationships. In the end, it doesn't matter what you are wearing, what color your hair is, what size your breasts are. What matters is the relationship you have with others.

The movie ends with a panoramic view of a random street in New York City. Groups of women come and go, enjoying each other's time and friendship. This movie is a chick flick, but in the best way. It teaches women that friendships are important, relationships are important.

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers