Shackled Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, Irish, what do you think so far," he said, taking a long pull on his beer. "Bored yet?"

****

Emma let out a little snort, glancing over at the beer he had left out for her. It really didn't appeal to her taste. Water would probably be her better choice if she wanted to stay awake until dinner was over. "Bored is not quite the word I would use. I probably wouldn't mind being bored to be honest." She glanced over her shoulder at him as she unpacked the groceries and some of them in the fridge. "I'm not used to all this excitement. I lived, breathed and ate science. So in other words, one boring nerd."

She worked around the kitchen with surprising ease, putting some home made chicken fried rice. Before long the aroma of the food filled the air, making her mouth water. "This...experience is exhausting. If we make it out alive, I think first order of business is sleeping for a week."

Laughing to herself, she stirred the food, the motion of her arm bringing a little wiggle to her body. "So..." She paused, moving across the small counter to fill the two plates that she had set aside, fished out some forks and turned with a sweet smile, "Bon Appetite! I'm sorry if it's not really gourmet, but I'm hoping it will at least fix the nagging hunger. I don't know how you function on beer and strong coffee alone."

Her eyes softened slightly as she came around to sit on the bench with him. "I'm going to have to take care of you while we're stuck together. I can't let you get all weak and puny or you won't be able to protect me from the big bad guys."

Taking a bite of her dinner, she groaned and chewed happily, blissfully happy to be eating again. It only offered Liam a moment of silence before she started up again. "So will I ever get to hear your story? Or are we keeping it all about me? Not that I mind your man of mystery, silent, but sexy routine. But inquiring minds want to know."

****

Hansen watched her cook. She knew her way around a kitchen. He kept drinking his beer. It didn't look like she was interested in hers, so he finished his and slid his hand across the bench, grabbed it and opened hers. He took another sip, less urgently this time. This would make things harder. He would prefer her to go to sleep early so that he could take the Palazonol and get most of the side-effects out of the way during the night. Maybe some whiskey later....

You're fucking weak. You care what she thinks?

Oh, did I hear something? Some static? Some crap?

Funny.

I've got a month's worth. Hope you've booked somewhere nice.

Fuck off.

He smiled. One boringcutenerd.

The smell of her cooking was making him hungry. It was obviously Asian style and it contained chicken and rice, but beyond that, he didn't really care. He needed some food, any food. He went to take another sip on his beer and found he'd already finished the second one.

Shit. You might want to slow down.

He got up and grabbed another one from the fridge. He also ran her a glass of water in case she wanted some. He wasn't really a wine person. Beer and spirits. Simple. Unlike his life.

He sat back down and watched her bustle around. He knew she wanted to talk about things, but he wasn't about to make her life easier. He was still working things out.

It's going to get much more tiring before it's over, Irish. Much more.

She danced around a little as she stirred the food, obviously getting to the end of the cooking. She was beautiful, intelligent and she had a sense of humor. Just watching her cook was making him feel relaxed. He used to enjoy watching Jess cook.

When she was alive.

She finished stirring, got the plates out and began to spoon the food onto them. She pushed the plates across the bench towards him and retrieved some cutlery. Then she walked around and sat next to him.

"I'm sure it will be ok," he said softly.

Hehehe. Hero Hansen. Behind every great man there's....

Fuck off.

She's going to take care of you. The last woman to do that....

Fuck. Off.

Hehehe.

The food was excellent. She had done a lot with not much. They ate for a few moments in silence, Hansen hoped it would be longer than at least a few moments.

Well, you did only ask for a few moments. Hehehe.

He knew that the question would eventually come. He knew she would want to know. He chewed on his food slowly, not looking at her.

"Sexy, Irish?" he said. "It's been a long time since anyone called me that."

He poked at his food and speared a piece of chicken with his fork. He put the piece in his mouth and chewed.

Slowy.

Thoughtfully.

He swallowed the chicken and had another long drink of his beer. It was finished.

Four won't hurt.

He got up, walked to the fridge and took out another beer. He took her glass from the other side of the counter and refilled it with water. He avoided her eyes.

He slid the drinks across the bench and then walked around to their side. He brushed her slightly on the way past. He wanted to put his arms around her and tell her it would be alright, but he couldn't. He didn't know if itwouldbe alright.

He sat back down. He was very close to her. His thigh was almost touching hers. He could feel the heat of her leg and his leg warming the air between them.

He opened his beer. He knew she would be thinking about his drinking, but this was nothing for him. He could drink a huge amount of alcohol. It was one of the things that had happened to him after them.

Them.

She had a right to ask, he knew that. How much should he tell her? How much could she absorb? Would she be afraid of him?

He pushed his plate away from him and dropped the fork on the plate. His meal was only half eaten, but he didn't feel hungry anymore. He wanted the Palanozol. Heneededthe Palanozol. He didn't want to do anything else besides the Palanozol and booze.

Tell her you weak bastard. We'll see what she thinks then.

No.

Murderer.

No.

Killer.

No.

Tell her.

God....

He picked up his beer.

"The people who are after us. Who've tried to kill me. Who've tried to kill you. Who want to bring sickness on half the world to further their political and economic imperatives."

Shit.Imperatives.He hadn't talked like that for a long time.

He wasn't looking at her, he couldn't look at her. He sucked on the beer like a mother's teat until he drained it.

He slammed the can down on the bench and slowly turned around on his stool till he was facing her.

"I used to work for them."

Hehehe.

12