Shade's Destiny Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the song ended I put my arm around her waist and headed back to the table. I didn't want her to get in trouble. She peeled off to get our drinks. I watched from my seat as Jeannie brought a very tired Shade back. Shade collapsed on her chair. Jeannie bent and gave her one hell of a hot kiss. She slid her fingers up Shade's leg. My hand grabbed hers. I shook my head no. She nodded. I had seen the intimate dancing. That was okay. This wasn't. Shade's head rested on my left shoulder, her eyes were closed. She didn't see Kim as she glared at a chastened Jeannie. That would be an interesting little chat! I motioned with my hand that we were going to leave. Kim nodded that she understood.

Red set the drinks on the table. I handed her my credit card and smiled. She nodded. I fished in my pocketbook for a tip, finding what I wanted. I kissed Shade and whispered that we both had fresh drinks. She slowly sat up and drank way too much of the martini. We had to get out of here. She was exhausted and drinking much too fast. I had taken several healthy sips of my vodka and cranberry and was feeling a bit of a buzz. The club used a valet parking service so leaving the car overnight wasn't an option. Unless ... red came back with the credit card slip. I signed it and motioned to her. She came around behind Shade. I handed her the slip, pen and a twenty dollar bill and whispered my request in her ear.

"Come on babe. It's time to get you home. You're so tired. We're taking a cab home. You may have had too much to drink and you're exhausted." She didn't argue. We headed toward the coat closet. Red had our coats in her hand.

"Bernadette, do you have a place where our Shade's car will be safe overnight. She's tired and I'd prefer to take a cab."

"Yes of course Destiny. Katie told me what you wanted. I'll have one of the boys flag you a cab. You have an extra set of keys I assume?" Shade nodded against my shoulder. "Okay. The car will be around back in a lighted, fenced area that's clearly marked as being the club's property. It will be there tomorrow whenever you come for it."

"Thank you so much! Have a wonderful night." I gave her a light kiss and a hug. Katie's kiss was a bit longer. The ride home didn't take very long. Shade shivered in the cab even with the coat on. Poor thing was exhausted. I paid the cabbie and we headed to the elevator. As we headed down the hall I heard music from the direction of the condo. That can't be. Shade looked at me. I shrugged. I opened the door; the lights were on, music was blaring from the sound system, and Kim and her friends were dancing – having moved furniture out of the way for their dance floor.

Shade stood in the doorway; I was behind her. Kim came scurrying to us and, after helping Shade take her coat off, pulled her into the midst of the group. I closed the door, took my coat off, kicked off my shoes, and stood watching. I couldn't help smiling. The girls crowded around Shade ... if she hadn't figured it out, this couldn't have made it more obvious. The gorgeous Honey slithered up to me, kissed me, and, taking my hand, led me to the rest of the group.

I danced. What the hell ... when in Rome right? Kim and her friends are so young. You got the feeling they could have gone on all night. Maybe, if they were in a club, they might have. Shade, on the other hand, was a basket case. My eyes told Kim what I was sure she already knew.

"Okay you guys Destiny is gonna put my big sister to bed. Shade's absolutely exhausted."

Honey spoke up. "Destiny, before you head to bed, would you two dance one last dance for us? It was so intimate, so sexy watching the two of you at the club." Kim went to the music system. Sting's 'Fortress Around Your Heart' was what she chose. It wasn't slow but we danced as if it were. I hugged her to me. The two of us alone in a crowd. I felt her tears. The words of the song didn't matter one bit ... we both knew the meaning of the title. So did Kim. Shade had broken through her fortress. I love her for it.

There wasn't a dry eye when the song ended. They all thanked us for including them in our night and said their tearful goodnights. Kim was last. Her hug was warm, her eyes wet. Shade smiled and thanked her. I kissed her and echoed Shade's sentiments. Kim whispered, "We'll let you two get some sleep and head out. I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled; we headed to the bedroom.

Author's Note: As ever, this is a flight of fantasy; completely fictitious. If there is any resemblance to anyone walking among us my apologies. Another author put it so well: "The site is free. The author is 'paid' in comments and votes." I hope you've enjoyed yet another chapter of a rather long tale. Plenty more to come!!

The poem? Nope, I didn't write it. I lift my martini glass to toast the one who did with a heartfelt "Thank you!"

Chapter Nine is going to be delayed a bit. A wretched faux pas was discovered in Chapter Eight by a very discerning, careful eye. Chapter Nine needs major surgery. Your Vixen has her work cut out for her!! Warmest holiday greetings to all, wherever you call home!! Humble, sincere thanks to all who read, comment and email. May 2013 be a very good year for us all!! ~ Vixen ~