Shade's Destiny Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh that's wonderful. Do you know if Shade will make a decision quickly?"

"Kelly, it's not my place to ask or answer. Shade's certain to have other candidates in for interviews. I may be asked to sit in on them but I wouldn't presume to have a say in the final decision. I better get going." She smiled contentedly and I headed to my office.

I fought my way through the day. I thought about what Kim and I talked about. I thought about Kelly and Dawn. Sigh. I thought about Stacy. I tried to push those thoughts out of my head. I don't have tears as I write about it tonight but that afternoon I did. I miss her. She was so much more than a lover. That was only a small part of our relationship. And oh gawd -- oh never mind. You all already know. Besides, a little slip of an oriental doll has my heart. And more!

I met Shade at Martine's office at the appointed time. We kissed and sat. A very pretty young man left without making eye contact. Martine smiled as she saw us together, hand in hand. "I'll be a few minutes you two." I guess that for a shrink, an hour has fifty minutes. For a lawyer? Who knows.

Shade asked me to drive home. The ride was particularly quiet. I didn't ask. She threw her coat and purse on the couch and headed for the bedroom, slamming the door behind her. Kim looked at me; I shrugged.

When Kim told me dinner was ready I headed to our bedroom. Shade was curled up in a ball, wrapped in the covers. I didn't see her outfit so I assumed she was wearing it. I leaned over her from behind, kissed her cheek, and said, "Dinner's ready lover." She shook her head. "Shall I have Kim save you a plate?" She shrugged. I sighed. Another kiss and, "I love you." A slight head nod. I squeezed her shoulder and let her be.

We ate. Finally, I said, "It's hard. Mine was just about a divorce. But I found that it wasn't 'just' about that. I don't know and won't ask but I have a feeling this is gonna be a real struggle." Usually very talkative, Kim was very quiet. "Something I should know?" I saw the tears. She shook her head.

"I can't say. She wouldn't want me to." Oh my god! She knows? My mind raced. As you read your mind will as well!!

Well, it made for one quiet night in the condo. Kim retreated to her room after cleaning up and giving me a kiss. A plate of food, under saran wrap, sat as a stark reminder of who hadn't joined us for dinner. I kept hoping but it was in vain. I wanted to sleep with the woman I love but I was unsure. Did she need my arms around her? Feel my skin, my warm breath, my tears? Did she want solitude for her misery?

I made my decision. 'For better or worse' was a long way off ...but this night? I'd offer. If she told me to leave I'd honor her wishes. Tonight. She tensed when she felt me next to her but didn't protest. Sleep came late and was fitful.

I woke up to an empty bed. I scurried to the bathroom then hurried to the living room. In her robe, Shade was curled in a ball. I knelt in front of her. She looked like she hadn't slept at all. I stood, headed to the kitchen, found some orange juice and brought it to her. Shade shook her head. No lover, not happening.

"Drink this. You have to; I insist." Angry eyes glared at me. "Not buying it lover. You need sustenance. Drink!" Small victories; she took three, four sips then lay back on her side. Her eyes went far away. I needed her back with me. "Let's take a shower together. My treat ... I wash, you enjoy." I saw her eyes tear. I took that as a yes. I offered my hand. It took a bit but she reached for mine. When we both stood, I kissed her gently and led her to the bathroom.

The shower was fabulous and absolutely not one little bit intimate. That doesn't mean that her nipples didn't pucker, that her skin didn't get goose bumps, or that her labia didn't fill. I'm smiling ... she's my honey. I didn't need to tease her pearl; my touch was enough. Honey, that was so wonderful. Yeah dyke, even I'm wet! I laughed.

Shade looked at me when I laughed. I was on my knees, drying her with a towel. Whatever it takes!

"Let's get dressed for work Shade." She shook her head. Oh no you don't! "Nuh uh; you had last night for your pity party. Today is a new day. You need to get about the business of your business." She slapped me, her eyes hard and angry. It stung. "I don't know what happened in your session Shade, but it must have been damn hard. I'll take the slap for what it is. Don't do it again! Now get dressed and go do your fucking job!" The harsh tone got her attention. She looked at me. I was majorly pissed off and I'm sure my eyes gave voice to that. I kissed her. "I love you enough to take the hit. Now you go do what you need to and quit sulking. The business needs you to be you!" Her eyes filled.

She nodded and said, "I'm sorry. You're right." She stood on her toes and kissed me. "I needed you next to me and you were there. I'll never forget it." Life is good!

My Shade, dressed to the nines, left for her work day. I collapsed in tears on the floor. I don't think I'd ever had such a stressful night in my life. You ask about the early days in July and August? Child's play compared to last night.

Yes, obviously I worked. I couldn't very well insist that my honey do her job then not do mine. Stress? Measure it by the carload - as in freight cars loaded with grains. What price do you put on helping the woman you love get through the fire? Who knew she could be my 'everything?' She is, so I do! And gladly.

I admit I needed to hear a friendly voice. I thought and thought and thought and pushed the send button.

"I'm so glad you called Destiny! I've missed you even though it's been so frantically busy. How are you honey?" My throat; the silence was deafening. "Are you there? What's the matter?" Oh nothing lover. I'm missing you desperately.

"Hi Stacy; I just got choked up a bit hearing your voice." Silence.

"Well, okay then! That makes two of us." I smiled.

"Kelly's a bit of a wreck." I could see her eyes rolling. "Things are fabulous otherwise. I guess the move went okay."

I felt the smile. "Well, it was hectic but overall it went just fine. My Mom and Dad were wonderful. Miraculously the kids were great. We're still unpacking but, um, overall, things are good." I felt what was unspoken. My nethers tingled.

"I probably shouldn't keep you. I bet there are a zillion things that need to get done. I'm glad I found you when you had a few minutes. Write or call when you can okay?" I heard my voice catch on the last few words. Damn!

She knew. "I miss you too. We're good here but I do. Yeah, I'll find a way to keep in touch. You do the same. Thanks for calling Destiny! Bye!" Just like that -- gone, again! I closed my eyes when the connection ended. I'm not sure this time wasn't harder than the last. Why? I'm shaking my head. I have absolutely no idea.

The day dragged on. I thought about Shade. She had two appointments next week. The office party was Friday. I sure as hell didn't want her in the kind of shape she was in last night or this morning. I thought about it and called Martine. The service took my message and the rest. It took a while but eventually she called back.

"Is everything okay with Shade, Destiny?"

"I don't know. I know better than to ask what happened. Shade was very quiet on the ride home; had me drive actually. She spent the night in bed, dressed, under the covers. I woke up this morning to an empty bed. After getting her to drink some orange juice and a shower I asked her to get dressed. When she refused I got upset; she slapped me."

"She hit you?" Martine's voice was sharp with surprise.

"Yeah, she did. We had words. It's okay; it got smoothed out. Here's the reason I called. I can handle what happened. The Christmas party for the office is next Friday. I'm concerned about her being in this kind of mood next week. I don't want to interfere with her therapy. I am asking that you consider canceling Thursday if she's having a rough go of it."

"Oh dear, I see why you called. Is there anything else you feel you need to tell me?"

"No, I really don't think so. I'm very proud of her for doing this. I know she tried once before and quit. I have some idea of the 'why' but I don't know what's underneath. I think her sister does but Kim wouldn't say anything at dinner last night and I wouldn't press her. I hesitated making the call Martine, but the party is important. I hope that makes sense."

"Yes, yes it does! Oh I'm so glad you called Destiny. I admire you sticking by the woman you love." She paused for a moment. "She really loves you; she's made that quite clear." I smiled. "I'll give what you told me some thought. I won't mention that you called." Oh thank god! "Have a good weekend dear. And thank you!" We said our goodbyes.

I knew Shade would be in some time this afternoon to sign checks. The idea of having her miss part of the work day for that is ridiculous. I decided to suggest that she simply have the checks ready for the Monday meeting. Those who chose not to have direct deposit shouldn't cost her valuable face time with potential clients.

Kelly buzzed me to let me know Shade had arrived. I smiled and headed toward her office. She saw me and waved. "Kelly, I don't want us to be disturbed." That got a raised eyebrow. I laughed and swatted her hand. "No ya goof. I need to speak with her privately for a bit." I smiled and closed the door behind me.

Shade stood as I approached and said, "Hi gorgeous. How are ya?" We kissed. Oh good; it was warm. Uh, no, more. She pulled me close and kissed me. Yum! "I'm so sorry Destiny," she said as she leaned her head against me.

"I'm fine lover. I was just worried about you; I didn't want you in that sort of funk all day." She was crying. "It's hard what you're doing. I'll be by your side. I promise." I held her close.

"Come sit in my chair." A little smirk.

"What?"

"Come sit in my chair. I want to love you while I'm under the desk." I gasped.

"Shade, you can make love to me all goddamn weekend if you like." She giggled. "Uh oh; you just might." She nodded. "Oh lord, what have I done?" She undid my belt and slid her fingers into my panties. "Yes, I'm wet." I kissed her. "Happy nowwww?" She slipped fingers deep inside me and took them out just as quickly." She brought them to her mouth. "For such an angel you're one hell of a devil."

Her tongue found mine as she kissed me. "I'm your devil angel!" Ah love!

I sat down and pulled her to my lap. Fighting off kisses (sort of) I struggled to say, "We have business to discuss."

"Uh huh." She tried to unbutton my blouse. "I like the kind of business we're discussing."

This wasn't going well. "I want to talk to you about this Friday check thing." Her face was buried in the valley. I shivered.

"Uh huh." She finished with the buttons, pushed the blouse from my shoulders, and slipped the straps off as well.

"We're not getting anywhere with this discussion." My nipple was in her mouth.

She released it with a 'pop.' "I think it's going rather swimmingly." Back in her mouth it went.

"I want you to stop this." She looked up at me, puzzled. I laughed. "No not that!" She went back to my nipple. "This stupid Friday thing is costing you several productive hours every week."

'Pop.' "Oh I don't know; I think I'm being pretty productive don't you?" Damn!

"I want you to start holding the checks till the Monday staff meetings." She stopped what she was doing. "Yeah; we need you in front of people, not here." She pouted. I laughed, "Okay, here ... you know what I mean." She looked at me.

"That's a damn good idea Destiny. I don't know why neither of us thought of it long ago."

"Neither do I babe. But now is as good a time as any to start, especially being down one on your sales team."

"Shit! I know. I have to replace Stacy and Meaghan. Ya know what though. I think I'm going to add you on the business account. You can sign payroll and other checks that have to do with the business." I was stunned.

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not, you do all that crap anyway. All the detail is available for me online. Why not do what you said -- get me out in the field more and let you handle more of this nonsense? We'll stop at the bank on the way home and get that taken care of. Now, if we're through here, I have some love to make with the woman I love." She slid to her knees.

At one point, there was a knock on the door. Shade yelled, "Go home Kelly." A giggle. By then we were both on the couch, very naked, and very busy. I heartily recommend make up sex! We did make it to the bank before they closed. The young man who helped us looked at us kinda funny. We, um, may have been just a tad disheveled and giggly!

Ah geez! She just got home from work and peeked over my shoulder. Sigh. I'll be back ... later, I think!

That's how the weekend started. We had a multi-course meal Friday night. I should say Shade did. I don't know many orga ... um, courses I had. I lost count. She wanted to be wild. I want her to be happy. Friday night ended well into Saturday morning. Want a hint? Kim knocked on the door and announced dinner. Shade said, "We're a little tied up right now." That was the last we heard from Kim. My mouth was full; her voice was shaky. I think we're okay.

Shade surprised me Saturday afternoon. I had barely begun to become human after being liquefied Friday night. We were in the car when she announced she was getting me a belly button piercing. I tingled. Ow! Damn that hurt. I glared at Shade who, having heard me moan, was biting her lip. Just you wait missy!

"I wanted one for so long but was such a scaredy cat. How did you know?" She just smiled a sweet little smile. "You're no fun." That got a look and a raised eyebrow. I laughed. "Yeah, yeah. Okay, you're plenty of fun. Do I at least get to pick what I like for the ornament?"

She scrunched her face and said, "Of course you do silly! As long as I like it too." She is so bossy. Hee hee. I think it's about time for another lesson!

Shade turned off the car after parking. I put out my hand. "Give me your credit card." She looked at me. "Now." She started to open her mouth. "Quiet; I'm getting what I want, you're paying for it, and, you're to sit in the car and wait until it's all done." Her face fell. "Do you understand ... pet?"

Oh god I just love those eyes. She loves this so much. "Dip your finger and bring it to me." She smiled, unbuttoned her coat, reached under her jeans, and after, gave me her very wet finger. She held it in the air. I slurped. She watched with heavy, dark eyes. "Yummy! Good girl, pet. No touch ... no wait. I want the windows open a bit and I want you to masturbate in the car." Her eyes were wide with shock. "I know what time it is and I know it's Saturday. Don't be shy lover. Let 'em know you're thinking about me when you cum." I kissed her. She was panting. I smiled sweetly and left.

I laughed when I came out of the store with my new adornment. The windows were open a few inches and they still had fogged up. I could see her in the gap. Her head was against the headrest, she was still breathing hard, and her hand was buried in her panties. The other was under the sweater, probably teasing a very delicious, hard nipple. I smiled.

When I opened the door Shade jumped; she relaxed when she saw it was me. "Having fun?" She nodded. "How many?"

She flushed. "Two." Embarrassed, she smiled.

"Very good pet, but I suspect you want another." Her eyes widened. I turned my back to the door. "Turn and face me. Lift one leg over the console and put the other on the floor. I'll watch this time." She moaned, lifted her hips, and turned to face me. She had to lower the jeans quite a bit to spread her legs. This I knew!

We don't do this very often. We're so busy making love we don't masturbate while the other watches. In public, in the car, on a busy Saturday, with me watching ... even after giving herself two, all of those others left her gasping, moaning and trembling as she bucked and cried through a third. Hey dyke! That's pretty hot stuff. I smiled. Bad angel giving me compliments. Who knew? Honey, that was amazing! Did you like it angel? Well, I am a girl. I laughed.

"Are you laughing at me Destiny Langan?" I can't explain my angels. She wouldn't believe me, let alone understand.

I had to put my knees on the floor to get low enough to reach her pussy. I bent to lap at the wetness. She moaned. She gave me her fingers. I cleaned them. I flicked my tongue over her pearl. She screeched. "Better get yourself organized pet. We still have to go grocery shopping." She shook her head and sighed. She leaned to give me a kiss. I sat up and on my seat while she rearranged herself. I pulled up the sweater and showed her what I'd gotten.

"That is absolutely beautiful!! Oh my god it's gorgeous." It really is! I chose a very pretty two inch silver ring that began with a silver ball stud at navel level, three teensy chain links, followed by a hollow centered silver heart that had two more chain links hanging from it. It's so cute! Gabie said she loved it.

We were lucky to find a spot at the grocery store on a Saturday. "Shade." She looked at me. "Would you like a special treat?" Her brow furrowed. I waited for my answer. She finally caught on.

"Yes miss." I smiled.

"Very well pet." I unfastened my collar. Her eyes widened. "Turn around." She scurried so her back faced me and lifted her hair. I reached over and around and looped the collar around her neck. I fastened it and kissed her neck. Shade climbed over the console to straddle me. The kiss was hot and deep; her fingers slid under my sweater and cupped my breasts. I held her gorgeous face softly in my hands. We were both rather breathless when the kiss ended. "While we shop, pick six people, men and women, and say, 'I'm shopping with my miss today.'" She gasped and gawked at me.

Her face flushed with excitement as she said, her voice quivering, "Yes miss." She hugged me, her arms around my neck. I felt her tears against my cheeks. "Thank you for understanding Destiny. I love you so much."

I couldn't help myself. I cried with her. Two fools, in love, sitting in a car crying, while one helps the other 'learn' to be a submissive. I think she's doing a good job teaching me don't you? "I love you girl. Anything to help you!"

I laughed at Shade's first choice: An elderly woman, who patted Shade's hand and said, "That's lovely dear."

We were in the produce section of the store. I got the distinct feeling we weren't the only lesbians in the aisle. I caught one, a very young, pretty redhead, ogling Shade. I nudged Shade and said, "Her." She blushed and lowered her eyes when Shade looked at her. Shade smiled over her shoulder as she walked to the young lady.

I heard her voice. The girl's eyes flitted to me; she smiled. I'll be damned! She took Shade's hand, brought her to me, and said, "Miss, what a delightful pet you have. May I kiss her?" Knock me over with a feather!!

"Why yes dear. That would be delightful." It's a grocery store. The young thing had enough sense to look over her shoulder before giving Shade a kiss. It was quick but she definitely opened her mouth. She smiled and walked away.

Shade looked completely stunned. "Wow!" What was there to do but laugh?

"I think we better not press our luck lover. That was damn hot though." She just looked at me, still in disbelief.

We wandered the aisles, chatting, laughing. I asked, "What toy don't you have that you always wanted?"

"Seriously?"

"Excuse me?"

Chagrined, she said, "I'm sorry miss. Pet was very rude." She blushed; it is always so cute to see! "Uh, I always wanted a butt plug. Miss."