Shade's Destiny Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And no, I didn't have to ask her to let me loose from the restraints. Shade knew when enough was enough.

My head was on her tummy when she asked, "What happens next?" Huh?

"What do you mean babe?"

"I mean ... this contract thing is a joke." I stared. "Oh come on; we're way beyond that. Have you thought about what comes next?" Silly woman; of course I have.

"Yeah sure, how could I not? I just haven't said anything because I didn't know when would be the right time."

"Okay. Well, Christmas is a week from Tuesday and New Year's Eve is the following Monday. I already have reservations made for New Year's Eve -- restaurant, hotel, and party."

"You what?"

"Don't you screech at me! I'm the boss remember?" I arched an eyebrow. We both laughed. "Okay, when it comes to work I'm the boss of you. When it comes to us you're the boss of me." I wasn't quite sure what I'd just heard.

"What? Say that again would you?"

"You heard me. I'm the boss there; you're the boss here." I giggled.

"So do I get you a collar that says 'She's the Boss?'" Oh my god how we laughed.

"Shade, things are going fabulously. Let's not rock the boat right now okay?" She nodded. I grabbed the gel, held it over her head, and said, "My turn." She groaned as I kissed her. No words were spoken the rest of what was a very late night.

I had persuaded Shade to hold interviews on Tuesdays and Thursdays to coincide with her sessions with Martine. The exception was Honey. Finals ended on Wednesday the nineteenth. We met Honey for lunch near the campus, which had pretty much emptied. Shade had made her phone calls. I had called Honey and told her what the interview was about.

After going into detail about this and that, Shade asked, "I know you've spoken to Destiny. Does this interest you at all?'

"Oh my gosh yes. I mean, there's a lot I don't know but I'm very interested. And the idea of starting part time while finishing school? That's even better! I know the holidays are here but I can't wait to do the tests that you spoke of and see how all this turns out." I looked at Shade; the look passed between us.

"Okay Honey. We'll have you come in next week to do the test. It won't take very long. There's some paperwork too. But either Kelly or Destiny will help you with all that."

"Shade, may I ask a question?"

"Well of course!"

Honey's eyes were on me as she spoke. "Was this Destiny's idea?" Shade looked at me and grinned.

"Yup, it sure was. My honey has an eye for talent Honey." We all laughed.

I chipped in with, "Just to be clear Honey, the reason I suggested this is because I think you have the personality for it. There's no way to find out without actually doing it. I think getting some experience under your belt before graduation gives you a leg up on some of the others."

Shade agreed. "Destiny's right. Personality isn't everything; competitiveness, empathy ... there are any number of other factors that are needed to succeed. I think you're the right person. We'll see."

As we drove back to the office Shade asked, "What do you want to do tonight?"

"Well, we still have to shop for your sister and Honey. You have your appointment with Martine tomorrow. We need to get a tree and arrange for delivery. We better do that sooner rather than later."

"Uh huh. And when do we make love?"

"You have appointments you maniac. There's always time for us to make love. You make sure of it."

She made puppy eyes. "You're making fun of me."

I laughed. "I love you. It's crazy good that you want me all the time." I'd probably regret this but I said it. "If you had your way, you'd have me on the couch before you go out on your appointments." Geez! She did too! Complain? Me? Heck no! Maybe one of these days I'll learn to keep my yap shut. Maybe not!! Wink!

Vicki McCutcheon is married, 30, a stunning red head with long legs, a gorgeous figure. She was thrilled to have an interview so close to Christmas. She and hubby Scott had a two year old. She'd been home with the baby and decided it was time to get back to work. She had a fabulous interview and agreed to come in on the twenty seventh to take the aptitude test. An experienced agent, the test was a formality. Honey would be taking hers the same day.

As we drove to Martine's for Shade's appointment, we talked about Vicki.

"I like her. Isn't she beautiful?" Shade cut her eyes at me. I laughed. "You're so easy." She gave me the finger. "She's experienced, has had success, and is eager to get back to work. I like her personality. I think she'll fit in with the rest of the group."

"Do you think that being straight is going to be a problem?"

"Shade, we've talked about this before. That's not even part of the discussion." She made a face but nodded. "Do you think there needs to be a memo or discussion on Monday about this if you decide to hire her?"

"We."

"We what?" She looked at me. "You mean 'we' as in both of us making the decision?"

"Of course I do silly. You sat in on the interview. You'll sit in on the next one after the test. We'll make the decision."

"Uh, okay. I know it's early but she gets a thumbs-up from me."

"Yeah it is but I agree. I think she's got a chance to be a good one." We had parked, walked to the office, and continued to talk as we waited for Martine. My goofball was sitting so close to me she was nearly on my lap. Martine took a look at the two of us and laughed.

"Am I interrupting something?"

I smiled. "I think Shade needs therapy. She's wonderfully over-sexed." Shade turned and stuck her tongue out. Martine laughed and laughed all the way into her office. I sighed and shook my head. Yeah, I was still smiling.

Apparently the hour went by pretty quickly. It felt like they'd just gone in when the two of them came out, both laughing.

"With next Tuesday being Christmas, we've decided to cancel Thursday. Shade said she had some interviews. I hope the two of you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year." She looked at Shade, "And I'll see you in two weeks." I stood and hugged her.

"Merry Christmas to you too Martine. Do you travel for the holidays or will you be home?"

"Oh, I have my children and their families for Christmas Eve. It's always such fun." We said our goodbyes.

In the car, we were trying to decide where to go for dinner.

"The kids are all home from college, there are Christmas parties goin' on and it's just too crowded and too noisy."

Shade said, "Would you prefer to just have dinner in?" I looked at her. Her eyes glittered. I shook my head.

"Anywhere you want to go is fine with me." She laughed.

Shade had the Penne Pasta -- roasted veggies, garlic marinara and pasta with fabulous garlic bread. I had the wine style chicken, which was marinated in white wine, garlic and herbs and was served with herb rice and steamed veggies. We had a very nice chardonnay I wasn't familiar with. Our server had picked a winner!

"Do you know if your sister and Honey have plans for Christmas Eve?"

"No, why?"

"Well if they don't, let's have them over for dinner. We can decorate the tree, give them our presents, and have a nice night. What do you think?"

Shade reached and took my hand. "I think you're marvelous for including my sister in our plans. Course I know the real reason is so you can see Honey."

Why not play along? "Damn, I can't stay ahead of you. Pet." Shade giggled. I saw her left ankle peek out from under the table -- the ankle with the bracelet. "You like that don't you?" Oh my god those eyes!!!

"What I like is the way you've guided me. It's as if you're wired into my head. You know just what turns me on and when to do it." She was getting flushed with excitement as she spoke.

I dipped my fingers in the water glass and flicked them at her. She laughed. "Honey, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with any of this. It's hit or miss, completely off the top of my head. Thank you. If I'm doing it 'right' ... I made quote marks with my fingers, "then I'm glad. But it's not like I know what to do."

The server came by and asked, "Is everything all right here?"

Looking into Shade's eyes, I answered, "Can you please bring us two glasses of ice for our water?" Shade laughed. The poor dear didn't know why or what. When she brought the glasses, I asked, "Dinner was delicious. Can you please box the rest for take home?" She smiled and took our plates.

My sweetie asked, "Is someone in a hurry to get home?"

"My someone." More giggles.

The food was in the fridge, the lights were turned off, and we lay in bed. What moonlight there was filled the room. I know it hasn't really been that long, just since July, but it was still so wonderful to feel her warm skin next to mine. Every inch of her was as known, tasted, and touched - as I was by her. Her hunger for me? I'd be lying if I said I could match it. But it certainly didn't mean I ever was lacking in desire.

"What do you want to do tonight?"

"Exactly what we're doing right now ... kissing, touching, loving."

"Okay."

The room was quiet for a while as we did just that. Then Shade giggled.

"What?"

"I was on an appointment. There was a doctor's office down a few doors from where I was going. This cute young mom was with her baby who had a pacifier in her mouth." I smiled. "I thought to myself, 'I'll never, ever be able to look at a baby and a pacifier the same way ever again!'" Oh my god how we laughed!!

And the room wasn't quiet again for quite a while!!

The way the holidays fell meant there would be no Monday meeting Christmas Eve or New Years Eve. So on Friday the few who got their checks came in.

Lindsay spent a few minutes while we could.

"What are you and Shade doing for the weekend and Christmas?" I told her some of the highlights and asked about her plans. "Oh, Claire and I are going to be with our families." Oh? "It will be hectic and we can only hope the weather cooperates but it should be fun." I felt stupid for not knowing any of the details.

"Claire? Where is her family and where is yours?"

Lindsay blushed. "I guess we've never talked about her and me. Her family is in Dubuque. Mine is in the Quad Cities. It's not that bad a drive from one to the other but it's getting there that can be kind of dicey."

I nodded, knowing that part of the country a wee bit. She's so drop dead gorgeous you'd want to eat her alive. Me: smiling. We were sitting on the couch in my office. The kiss was soft and lovely. There had always been a little hint of what might have been -- but we both knew we were better off the way things were.

We hugged. "Merry Christmas Lindsay; I sure hope everything goes smoothly weather wise. Please be careful. And we'll see you after the New Year."

"Thank you Destiny. I know you and Shade will have a fabulous Christmas. I'll pass along your good thoughts to Claire." A hug and she left.

I knew she'd be busy. The tug on my heart was too strong. I called Stacy, my eyes filling as I pressed the send button.

"I was hoping you'd call." My throat was impossibly tight. Please keep talking honey. "How are you?" Aw crap!

I croaked, "Fine." She laughed.

"Still lying through your teeth huh?" Just that little bit of humor did the trick! Any wonder why I miss her.

"I miss you so much and I know you're the busy bee rushing and doing. I'm fine; we're fine. I think we're going to spend Christmas Eve with Kim and her girlfriend Honey. We'll decorate a tree, do presents and whatever else."

"Oh? Kim has a girlfriend?" I blushed in spite of myself.

"Yeah, since their freshman year. Honey is a real cutie. Kim's found herself a keeper. In fact, I recommended Honey for a student sales position starting after the New Year." Silence.

"So you like her huh?" Bitch knows way too much about me!!

"Stacy, she's really sweet, a great match for Kim and yeah, I like her. Shade and I think she has what it takes to do well in the insurance business. I was the one who suggested it."

"Right. And?" God I hate her!

"I hate you." She laughed. "She's gorgeous and she's fabulous." More laughing. "Shut the fuck up!" The tears started again. "I miss you so much."

"I know. Things are wonderful here. We're getting settled, the kids are so happy that Daddy is home." Silence. "I miss you!" Three goddamn words said with such emotion!! I tried but I couldn't stop the tears.

"I love you too. Merry Christmas." I hung up the phone and let the tears flow, my head on my arms on my desk.

Shade's voice was soft. "Is everything okay with her?" I turned and buried my face in her chest. She held me as I cried.

When I was finally able to talk I said, "I'm sorry Shade. I feel like crap for feeling like I do. I love you so much." I shrugged my shoulders.

The whole time I'd been crying she'd stroked my hair, rubbed my neck and held me. When she spoke there was no anger, nothing negative. "You two had something real, something good. I'm sorry for the way I dealt with her. I know it hurt her - and you. I just couldn't bear ...." her voice broke, "losing you."

After I'd calmed down and cleaned up I went to find Kelly. I asked her what they had planned.

"We'll be with his family Christmas Eve and mine on Christmas. We switch every year. That's the way a lot of families do it I guess." I wouldn't know. "What about you and Shade?"

"We're going to have Kim and Honey over for dinner Christmas Eve, then decorate the tree and exchange presents. I have no idea what we're going to do Christmas day."

"Any progress finding someone to replace Stacy?" I had to gulp hard. "Uh oh, you talked to her?" I nodded and tried to smile. "It's still hard huh?"

"Yeah, just like I'm sure it is with Dawn." She nodded. "And you love your Kelly just like I love Shade. Pretty crazy isn't it?"

"Yup; there are days when I think I'm going to just come apart. I've been moody; Kelly's noticed. Naturally, he cares but doesn't know what's behind it." She looked at me. "And I can't tell him."

"I guess the best thing is that she's gone. And she seems happy and settled in. Shade and I are fabulous together. I hope you can be happy with your guy."

"Oh I love him." She gave me a cute little smile. "I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of new lingerie for Christmas. What a weekend we had after the party!" I laughed and hugged my friend.

"Make him take you with him. Make him sit in a chair while you try it on." Her eyes got real big. "Give him a 'lap dance.' And tell him he can't touch you." She'd started giggling at lap dance and was laughing when I finished.

"Oh my god that's so funny. I can't imagine why I didn't think of it. I'll do it." She kissed me. "What a fabulous idea Destiny. Thank you so much!"

Destiny Langan: marriage counselor. Eyeroll.

I told Shade about my chat on the ride home. She laughed. She made an unexpected left turn. Next thing you know she pulled up in front of a well known lingerie chain. I didn't even know they had a store in Chicago. All the ones I knew about were in the suburbs. But I'd only been here three years. Next thing I knew, we're doing what I suggested to Kelly.

Except that a certain someone always takes it one or two levels beyond. She was fully clothed. Me? Not so much. I was wearing a black stretch chemise that's a cross between swiss cheese and open fishnet stockings with strategically placed 'solid' black hearts. I was on her lap; her mouth and hands were busy. I desperately tried to keep quiet as she desperately tried to bring me to orgasm.

I finally fought my way off her lap and tried on her next selection. It was a sky blue stretch lace dress that was scalloped just above my breasts -- front and back. Bell sleeves came just below my wrists. It came in five colors and included a thong. Fat chance I'd ever be wearing that! She liked the blue; I liked the ruby. I gave in; we bought both!

Shade had peeled the top from my breasts. Her fingers were as busy as her mouth. I heard a soft moan. I leaned and whispered. She stopped; they were very faint but the walls were thin. Quick, short breaths and the telltale sound of busy fingers from the dressing room next door.

"Do you hear that?" I whispered. She smiled. She upped the attack. I gave up and moaned. Soft giggles let us know she heard me. Did she know we heard her as well? I lifted her chin so that Shade's eyes were on me. "Please," I begged. She stood, pushed me to the chair and brought me to a shattering cum very quickly. I didn't care a bit who heard me.

It's the kind of story people tell and you roll your eyes. And damn if it didn't happen! As we left our dressing room, a short redhead exited hers. With a shy smile she said, "Thanks, I needed that!" Looking over her shoulder, she winked as she exited the store after paying for her purchases. We giggled, knowing we had 'inspired' the girl to masturbate.

As the lovely brunette rang up our purchases, she looked at a rather disheveled me and a cat-ate-the-canary Shade and asked, "Did we have fun today?" Bitch!

I shut her up by saying, "No, she would only give me two orgasms." I smiled sweetly, took the bag and credit card slip, and out the door we went. She watched, slack jawed, as we climbed in the car.

Shade laughed the whole way home!

After dinner we talked about what to do. I mentioned that there was a smallish ice skating rink near Wrigley Field. That was met with whining.

"It's cold."

"Uh huh, that's why it's ice skating. We can put more clothes on.'

"I've never skated."

"What?'

Shade made a silly embarrassed face. "Go ahead and laugh. I don't know how."

I shook my head. "Figure skates give good ankle support. It's been a long time for me too but I'll help."

"Do we have to?" My two year old lover. I tried to think of how to get her to agree.

"If you do this, you can pick whatever you want for tomorrow?"

"Really?" Oh my god, what have I done? A Saturday night of sex. Well, there's good and bad in everything.

"Yup; you get to choose whatever your little heart desires." I'm digging the hole deeper.

Shade hurried to her phone. She had to be talking to Kim; it was way too fast and not in English.

"Okay, let's get dressed and go." Uh oh. Bring shovels and throw lots of dirt on me. I'm in trouble.

We were dressing. "Wear pantyhose lover." She looked at me. "I mean it. It helps hold heat in." I hadn't even thought about this. I wasn't sure either of us had pantyhose. We both wear thigh highs. I guess the old me wore them. Whatever ... we layered like crazy.

It might have been two of the funniest hours I've ever spent in my life. I'm not the greatest skater in the world but I can make do, especially in figure skates. Shade did a hysterical imitation of lobster fighting a pot of boiling water. Her arms flailing, she bent this way and that, her ankles turning in and out. I had an arm around her waist and my hand on the closest arm. I was lucky she didn't break my nose!! I think the cursing was in French. It was directed mostly at me.

There was a restaurant not too far away. I 'bribed' her with the offer of hot chocolate. And sex.

We sat next to each other in the booth. "You actually looked a lot better the last half hour or so. You seemed to be getting the hang of it." She glared. "No honey I mean it." She glared. "Okay, I laughed. It was funny!" She glared. I sorta whispered, "But think of the great sex when we get home." She glared ... but with softer eyes.

The owner (I think) brought our hot chocolate. He looked at me and said, "Do you want something for that eye?"

I glared at Shade. She was looking out the window; I could see her reflection in the glass. She was biting her lip to keep from laughing. I shook my head.

"If I get a black eye at Christmas from thisssssss ..." She had turned, slid a cold hand up under all the layers, into my bra and had her cold, cold fingers on my nipple. "You bitch." She pinched, I eeked. "God I love you!"