Shade's Destiny Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When in Rome meant no wine. One of us had the Killer Sharkolada and the other had the Painkiller. The next round featured The Shark Attack and Lime in D'Coconut. Oh my god how we laughed!! We sang that stupid song in the car all the way back to the hotel, laughed our way through the lobby, and fell, naked, into the hammock on the porch.

We were quiet for a bit as we kissed, touched and slithered. As we lay, body to body, arm in arm, Shade whispered, "How can you love me as much as you do after what I did to you a year ago?" God you're a jerk! My jerk.

"Sweetheart, this crazy story I told you I wanted to write is all about that very question and the answers that this year has ... I don't know ... unfolded? Answered? Geez, I don't even think about it anymore. It may sound goofy to anyone who reads it ..." I laughed, "if anyone does. But it's us, all our foibles, all our joys, all our everythings. We just are!"

My answer seemed to satisfy her. I'm going out on a limb and say we were both satisfied in other ways that night.

I told an unhappy Shade we had to go to the dining room for breakfast Saturday. As you'd expect, she wanted breakfast in bed. That's also known as a 'continental breakfast.' Think me as the main entree. Shade agreed we'd be back Sunday for what could only be described as a decadent, delicious, hip expanding feast. Healthy fare? No comment!

We wandered, I insisted, Shade whined. We both enjoyed it. We lugged bags full of treasures, trinkets and clothes we never thought we needed to the car and the hotel.

Somehow we found a way to satisfy our appetites Saturday night and have dinner. Wink! My god it was a wonderful, warm, fabulous night. A year ago she (or was it me) turned my life upside down. And here we are, in this romantic little getaway, so intimate, so uninhibited, so completely at ease and in love. My god, how amazing can a life be!!

After a feast and the dining room Sunday morning I insisted we wander the island in the car. The day was just too damn glorious not to. It was our last full day; we just ... whatever. There were a host of little communities. As I write now, having done some research online, it's not that big. But it's gorgeous! And fun. We just wandered.

We managed to make it back in time for our reservation at Detente. Lord almighty! The menu featured, in their words, 'appetizers, mains, and desserts.' They made up for it with a wine menu that left me gasping. Shade had her couple of glasses. I tried probably a half dozen of the 'by the glass' offerings. Exquisite!

As were we that night; but by now that's 'old news.'

We had time to lounge in our usual fashion Monday morning before breakfast. Shade insisted on having me on the hammock. We lounged and soaked in the tub. A late afternoon flight meant we had to check out late -- but we had time for a late lunch before returning the car and heading to the ferry. The direct flight had us home by 8:30 Monday night.

There's one bit of hysterical mischief I've saved till the very end.

The Christmas photo shoot? After everyone cleared out and it was just the five of us, there was one more picture taken.

Kim was dressed in a black full body leather outfit. She gave the camera a stern look as she held three leashes. Shade, Honey and I were all handcuffed in front, naked and bent over, heads up, eyes down. Shade had a ball gag, Honey had a blindfold and I had pink earmuffs.

Get it? Speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil!!

Linda promised that we would get the only copy of the photo. Kim made sure to check the camera.

That photo is in a very safe place!!!

I do believe that's going to wrap up this magical mystery tour. I hope you enjoyed the ride. Shade and I thank you for staying with us all the way and wish all of you ... well, as much happiness and love as we have for each other!

Author's Note: As ever, this is a flight of fantasy; completely fictitious. If there is any resemblance to anyone walking among us my apologies. Another author put it so well: "The site is free. The author is 'paid' in comments and votes." I hope you've enjoyed this final chapter of a rather long tale!!

Sadly, it's time to say goodbye to our girls. I'm going to share a few thoughts about some of the details in the story. There were lots of comments and questions about Destiny and Stacy. I had quite a struggle with that! There were a number of scenarios in my head about how she could wind up with Destiny. At some point along the way it became clear Shade was the right choice. There was so much that I wanted to do with their relationship. The question became -- how do I send Stacy off on her way. The notion of the trial and partnership seemed a logical way out. Having her move back to New Jersey, while heartbreaking for both of them, provided some emotional satisfaction.

Connie -- ah yes Connie. She really was alluring. Heck, I wanted the two of them to have some time together!! The chat with Daisy was something of a turning point for Destiny. Shade's comments about wanting Destiny to spread her wings felt real to me. Shade's emotional explosion and the decision to return to therapy gave Destiny a focal point. Once it became clear Shade would do what she needed to heal, Destiny could easily see that it was worth the effort to make their relationship her priority.

Kim ... she's really something!! She turned from a thorn in Destiny's side to someone who was immensely grateful for how much she genuinely loves her older sister. She and Honey make quite a couple don't you think?? Smile

Well, I think that'll do it. Oddly, Chapter Ten was published two months after Chapter One and five months to the day I started writing the story. There's no way to adequately thank you all for sticking with our girls for the entire journey. This has been a joy to write, a joy to publish and stupendous pleasure to read all the comments and email of so many who have expressed their joy and delight as we've gone along.

I guess a long story deserves a long "Author's Note" right? This story was not written alone. Invaluable ideas and descriptions were given along the way. I'm so grateful!! And I would be remiss not to thank the angels at Literotica for formatting the story to help give it the texture and richness I try so hard to create in words.

I'll be back soon with Chapter One of another story. Thank you all for your loyal readership. I promise to continue to strive to grow as a writer and work on my craft. I treasure my muse ... and all of you!! ~Vixen ~