Shades of Blue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her nipples had stiffened, now showing as quite pronounced bumps in the smooth material of her plain white bra. Her breathing had increased, and she was almost panting as she squeezed her thighs together.

I suddenly realised that she was desperately fighting to control her body's automatic sexual response to my touch. She was struggling to prevent her arousal pushing her off that sensual cliff and into another orgasm.

'Oh my god' I thought; 'She is almost there! She is so turned on that just by massaging her shoulders and kissing her behind her ear, I have almost made my own mother cum, right here in front of me'.

I released her shoulders and quickly stood back; "does that feel better?" I asked.

With my hands now not stimulating her, she relaxed and after a moment, released her breath with another quiet "Ohhhhh" before she replied; "Yes! - Yes it does." Her breathing was returning to normal, but there was a deep husky quality to her voice, that I don't think I had ever heard before.

Thinking that by just talking about normal, everyday things, I could help her come down from her aroused state without embarrassment, I sat down in my usual armchair and let her re-establish her control. Then I asked her; "Can I add a little something extra to the bet?" Hoping I sounded as if I hadn't noticed anything had happened between us.

"What else do you want to add to it?" said Mum. Suddenly she sounded more alert.

"I just thought, if I win our little bet over this book, I would like to choose what you wear on our 'date'".

"Oh I don't know about that" she said, "I am not going to wear anything that shows myself up or which I think makes me look cheap'".

"I wouldn't ask you too Mum" I said; "it's just that sometimes I don't think you dress to make the most of yourself, you have some nice things which you never seem to wear. They just hang in your wardrobe and never seem to come out. On our date I want all the other men there to be jealous of me, because I am with the most beautiful girl in the room".

Mum looked at me very strangely. "Now you are just being silly" she said; "I am your mother, how can I be your date? Anyway I am sure there will be far prettier ladies than me there".

"Not to me Mum" I responded, making sure that not even the ghost of a smile touched my face. I didn't want her to even think that I might be still teasing her. "I think you are beautiful. To me you will be the loveliest girl there, and I will be proud that you have allowed me to escort you, as my date, for the evening. I would just like to be able to choose what I would like you to wear.

If you like, you can think of me as Christian, choosing something for Anastasia to wear. Would he choose something inappropriate for her? You have read far enough to be able to answer that question, without committing yourself to making any final decision regarding the merits, or the lack of them, of the whole book".

"When you put it like that, how can I refuse?" said Mum; "but I reserve the right to veto your choice if I think it's inappropriate, is that fair?"

I grinned; "Good point, well made" I said, stealing one of Christian's phrases from the book.

Mum almost blushed and looked down at the floor; "but I am not Anastasia" she said, quietly.

"I know, Mum; you are Joanne, not Anastasia, and I am Paul, not Christian. Anastasia and Christian are characters in a fictional story in a book. Who they are and what they do is determined by the author's imagination, not real life. We can inhabit their world for a while as we read the book, but when we close the book, that world closes with it.

Trust me Mum, I will never do anything to embarrass or hurt you. You have been hurt too much by others in the past and as long as it's within my power to prevent it, I won't allow anyone else to hurt you ever again".

Mum looked across at me and there was a tear in her eye. "That was a beautiful thing to say Paul. I do trust you and all right, yes you can choose what I wear on our date. I withdraw my right to veto your selection; I will wear whatever you think is appropriate".

"Thank you" I replied; "and I am glad that at last you are thinking of our forthcoming evening out as a date, because that is how I am looking forward to it. I am going to be taking out a lovely girl, for a romantic meal for two. That, in anyone's language, is a date.

On that evening, I will be your date and escort, I will not be your son, so please; I want you not to think of me as your son. I am your date for the evening. A man who is proud to have on his arm a beautiful lady who looks a million dollars. A man who is the envy of every other man in the place".

I grinned at her "and there is no way I am going to call you 'Mum' on our date; it would completely ruin the atmosphere. If I may, I will call you Anna. It's a bit less cumbersome than Joanne and 'Jo' sounds too much like a mans name, it doesn't suit you. I promise to remember not to go so far as to call you 'Anastasia'".

"As long as you don't want to go as far as Christian goes in this book I think that should be all right" she responded with a smile.

"Ah-Ha! Now that will entirely depend on how far 'Anna' wants me to go" I responded; "after all, on that evening I will be her date and how far Anna will allow her date for the evening to go, will be entirely up to her".

I got up from my chair and crossed to where she was sitting.

"Anyway, I have been sorting out a dusty shed and I am all sweaty and dirty, and I need to pop into town for something, so I am going to take a shower and get changed into something more presentable". I bent down and kissed her gently on the lips.

"You are, and always have been, beautiful, Mum. I don't tell you that often enough. I am really looking forward to taking you out to dinner, so please hurry up and decide about the book.

You see, I really just want to be able to take you out for a romantic evening, just the two of us, and I don't much care who pays.

It should be me anyway, it is good manners that when a man invites a beautiful girl out for a meal, he should pick up the bill, isn't it? This 'bet' is just a silly excuse, manufactured by me, to get us to forget for a few hours that you are my Mum, and allow me take you out as I would if you were my girlfriend.

I did want you to read the book, though, after you had such a negative opinion of something you hadn't even read.

As I started to straighten up Mum put her hand around the back of my neck and stopped me.

"It's a good job you are my son" she said, with that husky tone back in her voice again; "with a smooth line of chat like that I think I could be in a lot of trouble here if you weren't" and this time she kissed me, full on my lips.

"Now get up those stairs and get yourself cleaned up, we still have to decide where we are going. Tonight's dinner is, although I hate to have to admit it, on me. The book is not pornographic, although you must admit; it does skirt very close to the edges of that in places. After that little speech I will have to make a special effort to look nice, won't I? It takes a bit longer than it used to, to make myself look presentable".

"You always look presentable Mum" I said, then I grinned; "but, while you are still hiding behind being my Mum, you shouldn't make promises to your date for tonight, that, later, as Anna, you might not feel able to make good on. Not unless you really do want to find yourself in that 'lot of trouble' you mentioned".

"That was a very un-Christian thing to say" retorted Mum grinning at me.

"Perhaps that's just as well" I said; "Christian would have probably had you over his knee by now, for all of the mixed signals you are giving out. Mind you, now I come to think about it that might not be too bad a way to conclude the evening".

"Paul!" exclaimed Mum, as she blushed; "that is going too far".

"Yes, it was, I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that." Then I grinned at her; "after all it is only a first date, and even Christian didn't get that far on their first date"; and I scooted off to the stairs, laughing, before my mother recovered her composure enough to think of a fitting response.

When I added my extra bit to the bet, what I had actually said when I put that request to her, was, 'I want to choose what you wear'. Now I realised I hadn't defined exactly what that had included. I had just meant to choose her dress, which of course was what she had assumed as well, but that wasn't what I had said. I could now argue that she had agreed to wear whatever I wanted her to. She had also said, without me asking her to, she would not veto anything. I would have to be careful how I presented it to her, but I had a wicked thought and now intended to choose her underwear for tonight as well. I didn't think that Mum would let me go rooting through her underwear drawer to find what I wanted, even if she actually had what I had in mind, so my trip to town would allow me time to buy her something really pretty to wear underneath her dress.

Taking my change of clothes into the bathroom I locked the door and proceeded to undress. I realised I had no idea what Mum's underwear size was and I would need to get that right for this to work. A quick check of the washing basket was the order of the day.

Bingo! A pair of panties and a bra were there and a quick look at the labels told me exactly what I needed to know. Now all I had to do was pluck up enough courage to go into a shop and buy what I needed. It isn't something men usually do, except maybe at Christmas, and certainly, I had never in my life been shopping for ladies underwear.

When I came downstairs, washed and dressed, Mum was still sitting in the lounge reading. I came up behind her and, bending down, gently kissed her neck. Once again I felt that little shiver and I knew that the story was still holding her enthralled and pushing her buttons.

"I won't be long Mum" I said; "is there anything you want me to bring back?"

"I don't think so love" she replied; "I was going to go out to get something for dinner tonight, but if we are going out to eat I don't need to. Have you decided where we are going yet?"

"I have an idea, but I will have to see if they have a table free. That's another thing I have to do".

"Where is it?" she asked.

"Ah, now that would be telling" I replied; "I have a couple of places in mind, but I assure you it will be somewhere nice".

"Not the local chip shop and park in a lay-by to eat them, then?" she said with a grin.

"My Anna is not a 'chip shop and lay-by' kind of girl" I told her with a grin; "She is much more of a 'champagne, caviar and a posh hotel', kind of lady".

"A high maintenance lady then" said Mum with a smile; "are you sure you can afford her".

"No, not really" I replied with a grin. I leaned down and whispered as if it was a secret; "but I would willingly break the bank tonight for the honour of taking her out". I kissed her again, just behind her ear, and was rewarded by another little shiver.

"Don't keep doing that" mum said.

"Why not Mum?" I asked, all innocent; "I quite like doing it. I love the little quiver I feel when I do. Does that little shiver mean you don't like it?"

"You are incorrigible, go away - go and do your shopping" she said, but the smile on her face told me she wasn't too upset; "I have things to do before tonight so go and do whatever you have to do in town. I can't get ready until you get back, can I? You have to choose what I am going to wear and I expect it will need pressing before I can wear it".

"Shall I get out the dress I want you to wear, before I go out then?" I ask.

"You have already decided which one then?" Suddenly she looked concerned; "you haven't been looking in my wardrobe when I am out, have you?"

"No Mum" I replied; "but I remember this dress from when you last wore it and I thought you looked stunning. I'll tell you what; I will pop upstairs now, take it out and put it on your bed. Then if you think it needs pressing, you can do it, or if you think it's inappropriate, you can tell me when I get back. I won't hold you to your 'no veto' pledge if you really do hate my choice, I want you to be comfortable being out with me tonight".

As I went upstairs I wondered what the look Mum had given me when she asked if I had been looking in her wardrobe, meant. Did she have something in there she didn't want me to see? Whatever it was, I wasn't going to spoil tonight by ferreting around in her private things.

It did feel strange, going into Mum's room to look in her wardrobe, but I went straight to it and soon found the dress I was looking for. It was plum coloured, which complemented her light auburn hair and green eyes, with a wrap-over, V neckline in a soft, flowing material. The softly pleated skirt fell to just below the knee, as I remembered it, which would be perfect for the underwear I had in mind. As I had told her, I thought she had looked really great in it when she wore it to her last year's office Christmas party, but as far as I knew, she hadn't worn it since.

Taking it down I carefully laid it on the bottom of the bed. Just for a moment I considered having a quick look to see if there really was something in there that she didn't want me to know about, but I restrained myself and just closed her wardrobe door. I was instantly glad I had, because as I turned to leave the room, there was Mum standing in the doorway, watching me.

"What do you think Mum?" I asked her; "do you like my choice?"

"Well" she said; "it's certainly a bit too dressy for the chip shop, where are you taking me that I need to get so dressed up for?"

"I told you, it's a secret" I said; "but I am not taking my best girl to a 'cheap, rubbish place'. It will be somewhere that you will need to dress up for, oh yes, and before I forget" and I went back to her wardrobe and opened the shoe drawer below the main hanging space".

As I did I heard Mum's sharp intake of breath. So this was where whatever she didn't want me to find, was. I noticed a shoe box tucked away at the back corner of the drawer, but I ignored it and took out a pair of black, two inch stiletto heeled, patent leather shoes. Putting them down on the floor I carefully closed the drawer and, as I did I was relieved to hear mum let her breath out again.

So that was definitely where she had whatever it was that she didn't want me to know about. That shoe box looked very interesting all of a sudden.

Picking up the shoes I put them on the floor at the bottom of her bed, below the dress I had picked.

"I think these go well with this dress Mum" I said; "but if you don't like them we can choose something else together".

"No I think you have made a good choice there, but I am really intrigued to know where you are going to take me that I need to dress up like that for" she said.

"But don't you see Mum" I said; "these are not for you to wear. I have selected these for Anna to wear. She is my date for tonight. I know they will fit her because she is your size, and I know she will look lovely in them because she always looks lovely. I told you, she will be the most beautiful lady in the place tonight and I will be so proud to be seen with her".

Then I did something that, to this day I don't know where I found the courage to do. Stepping up to her I said;

"But I really do need to talk to Anna, Mum, I need to know that she will be comfortable and happy to be with me tonight. I also need to know she is pleased with my choice of what I would like her to wear".

I put my arms around her waist, drew her to me and kissed her. Not the little kiss I had placed on her lips before, but a proper kiss. My tongue touched her lips through my slightly open ones, and hesitantly her lips began to open for me. Just for a moment, but then she pulled away, looking flushed.

Before she could say anything, I said "There, do you understand now why I need to see her, Mum? Anna was almost here just then. But just as she was about to appear, she came over all shy, and went and hid again. I need her to be there, with me, so I do need to speak to her and let her know this dress and shoes are for her to wear. I don't want her to be in hiding tonight. I promise both you, and her, tonight I will be the most attentive date she has ever had".

Mum was shaking slightly, so I carefully guided her to the bed and sat her down on the edge, kneeling in front of her.

"I do understand" I said "a transformation like that, from Mum to Anna, is bound to be a bit traumatic, but once you have made that step for the first time, next time it will be so much easier. We almost managed it, but her arrival was too much of a surprise and the step was just a touch too far. Can we try again?"

Mum looked at me in a dazed sort of way, but she nodded her assent.

I gently leaned forward and kissed her again. This time as my tongue touched her lips, very hesitantly they opened and her tongue touched mine as it slipped into her mouth. I had to be gentle with her, this was new territory for both of us, and so although it was so sweet for me, the kiss didn't last long. This time I was the one who broke the kiss and sat back on my heels.

"Hello Anna" I whispered.

Mum just sat there, looking a bit stunned but didn't say anything. I could see her breasts were rising and falling more quickly and I could feel her heart was beating quicker too.

"We almost found her then, but she is still hiding. If we try one more time maybe she might come out" I said, as I drew her back into my arms again.

This time as we kissed she put her arms around my neck and our tongues clashed in what was a proper 'lovers kiss'. I held her to me just a little longer this time, and was rewarded by a tiny 'whimper' into my mouth as her arms tightened around my neck, just before I broke the kiss. Still holding her very tightly I whispered into her ear;

"Hello Anna".

For just a moment there was silence, then, very quietly, she whispered; "Hello".

"Thank you for coming, it's so lovely to have you here with me at last". I have been so looking forward to being with you and I want to ask you if you will come out with me as my date for tonight?" Then I sat back on my heels again and looked into her face.

She remained looking down, if she didn't trust herself to look into my eyes. Then she said, with that same huskiness in her voice that I had heard downstairs; "thank you, I would love to be your date, tonight and any other night".

"Thank you" I whispered, leaning forward and gently kissing her on the cheek.

I then took her hands in mine and, looking into her eyes I said; "It's all right Anna, Mum can come back now, but you do understand why I needed you here, now, so that I could ask you out properly, don't you? By the time I return from town, I hope Mum will have become more accustomed to you being here, so we can be more relaxed and ready for our date tonight. I won't be long, I promise".

Dropping back onto my heels I held both of Mum's hands until she seemed to have calmed a little.

"Welcome back Mum" I said; "I am sorry about that. I realise that must have taken you by surprise, but I did need to speak to Anna, just for a moment. I needed to be sure she was really ready to accompany me on our date.

Are you OK?"

Mum took a deep breath "I think so" she said, a bit shakily;

"I must admit that you threw me a bit then, Paul, but I think I am OK now. I haven't been kissed like that for a very long time and I must say, coming from you, it came as something of a shock".

"I think it was something of a shock for Anna too" I said, smiling at her "but I hope that maybe she will get to like it, with a bit of practice".