Shadow Ch. 01

Story Info
Former female assassin is persuaded to return.
2k words
4.41
31.5k
12
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shadow eyed the vampire that prowled restlessly around her room warily. Ignoring his panther like grace and the way the firelight caressed his beautiful face and shone in the midnight waves of his hair, she frantically racked her brains for ways to escape. The door was blocked by his tall figure, and the only window was too narrow for even her skinny frame to pass through. She was trapped. Her expression concealed her inner panic, cool and remote as she clutched the thin towel she wrapped about herself only moments earlier tighter to her chest, knowing that the threadbare scrap of terrycloth barely covered the essentials. She waited, dripping from her bath, for the intruder to speak, to tell her what he wanted.

“You were a slave most of your life, yes? “

This was not what she’d expected to come out of his mouth. Her indigo eyes reflected her startlement, and he paused in his pacing to glance at her, smiling slightly at her expression. “Ah, the great Shadow deAngelo is surprised, yes? “ he asked, watching her with eyes as golden as a hawk’s. Her own gaze narrowed. “If you know my name, then you know the answer to your own question. Now here is one of my own. Who are you and what are you doing here? “ she asked coolly, and he chuckled softly. “My manners are terrible I see. My name is Diego. I come bearing a message. “ he said apologetically, and she frowned. “And so you break into my room to deliver it? Your manners aren’t terrible, they’re nonexistent. “ she said, folding her arms across her chest, and he had the grace to flush. “I apologize, but you were bathing, and I couldn’t wait in the corridor for you to finish. Someone might have seen me. “ he said, and she rolled her eyes. “And why do you care who sees you? “ she asked, turning away, stalking towards the battered dresser that held her clothes. “The message is from Prince Rafael. He wanted your privacy guarded. No one is to know that you are here. “ he said, and she stilled. Clutching tee shirt and pants to her chest, she whirled to face him once more. “Rafe? The message is from Rafe? “ she asked sharply, and he nodded. She now took time to look over her ‘visitor’. He had the height and the lean build of the Lamia, and wore a simple black tee shirt and leather pants that clung to the muscles in his legs. His left ear was pierced several times with silver hoops, with one tiny stud gracing the lobe. The stud was a garnet rose, Rafe’s house insignia. Shadow wore one crafted of sapphire, near the delicate point of her elven ear, signifying that she was under the protection of the Rogues, Rafe’s Family and vassals.

“So you are of Rafe’s House. What is the message? “ she asked, moving towards the screen that stood in a corner of the room to dress. “He asks that you attend him, as soon as possible. He has a request for you, involving your former profession. “ he said, and she paused in drawing on her pants. “Tell him that I cannot. I don’t do that anymore, and he knows it. Now please leave. I have other business to attend to. “ she snapped, coming out from around the screen, twisting her long hair up into a knot and securing it with pins. Diego bowed. “He will not be happy, but I will convey your message. “ he said, and was gone. Shadow shook her head, knowing that she had best be on guard. No Lamia ever took kindly to being denied, and Rafe would be no exception.

*****

Moonlight filtered in through the narrow window, illuminating the shape beneath the thin covers of the bed. Shadow dreamed in the stillness of the night, dark dreams of pain and degradation at the hands of owners long dead, at her own hand. The soft scrape of a boot sole against the floor brought her instantly awake, reaching for the dagger hidden beneath her pillow, but before she could draw it forth, and a weight settled on the bed beside her. A slender hand gripped her scarred wrist, pulling her hand away from the weapon, and she blinked up at Rafe’s grim face in surprise. Preternaturally sharp vision allowed her to see the coolness in his forest green eyes, as well as the faint circles that underlined them. “What are you doing here? “ she asked, and he laughed. Not the carefree sound she’d grown used to over the years, but harsh, bitter laughter that sent a chill down her spine. “What do you think I’m doing here, angel? You refused to come to me. “ he said, and she scowled, trying to sit up, but his free hand pushed her back down. She struggled for a moment, futilely, and then subsided with a glare. Rafe was acting very oddly. Less like himself and more like, well, more like every other Lamia she had ever come across.

“I no longer practice the shadow arts. You know that. “ she said, and he smiled slightly. “I know. But there is great need for you to come out of retirement. “ he said, and she shook her head. “No. Forget it. You can’t talk me into it, Rafe. “ she growled, and he smiled again, his eyes taking on a predatory gleam. “There is more than one way to gain your cooperation, sweet Shadow. “ he said, and she laughed coldly. “Rafe, pain was never a great motivator for me. You can’t beat me into submission. Every single owner I ever had tried that, and it never worked.” She said, and he smiled again, reaching into his pocket, withdrawing something that she couldn’t quite make out. “I never was into pain, angel. “ he said, and captured her other wrist, drawing both over her head. She suddenly realized what he had in his hands. “No! Rafe, don’t ! “ she twisted, trying to get free, but he was faster, and stronger than she was. He had her wrists bound to the headboard in seconds. “Shhh- I’m not going to hurt you. “ he said, standing up so he could disrobe. Off came his shirt, then his leather pants. He stood naked in a shaft of moonlight, so beautiful her eyes hurt, and he came down beside her, stroking her face gently before bending and taking her mouth with his own.

She strained against the silken cord that bound her, moaning as pleasure shot through her. His hands moved from her face to her chest, his long fingers going to the pierced buds of her nipples, tugging the silver rings gently until they’d darkened and rose achingly erect. He devoured her mouth now, flicking his tongue against her delicate fangs, and she arched against him, whimpering with need as her traitorous body reacted to what he was doing to her. His mouth left hers, trailing down the arched column of her throat, his lips caressing the filigree scar tissue that had been left long ago by a slave collar. He rolled on top of her, his mouth on her breasts, licking and nibbling and suckling on flesh that was as white as his own. His hands swept down the slight flare of her hips, between her legs, feeling her heat, her wetness, and she raised herself in offering as he slid a finger into her sex. “So hot and wet angel. “ he murmured, sliding another finger inside her, and she sobbed out loud as she felt herself draw close to the edge. He knelt up, still fingering her, and watched her with eyes that were silvery with desire. Her own indigo gaze was pure, shining silver as she twisted, seeking that elusive peak, and he chuckled, removing his hands.

She cried out the loss, struggling against the rope, twisting her body in effort to free herself. He caught hold of her legs, his hands like bands of steel around her slender thighs, holding her still. “Don’t stop! Please Rafe! I need- “ she broke off with a sob of frustration, and he smiled grimly. “Agree to what I want then. “ he said, and she stilled, staring up at him with eyes rapidly resuming their natural color, and then they were past indigo, and burning violet with fury. “No. “ she spat, and he shrugged. “Your choice. I have all night, and tomorrow, to persuade you. Until you agree, I’ll keep you at the edge of orgasm. “ he said coolly, and she stared at him in horror. “And if I outlast you? “ she asked, and he smiled darkly. “Then Damion comes and takes over. Our Prince is not nearly as kind as I am when he doesn’t get his way. “ Rafe said, and she shuddered at the thought of being in the hands of the exquisite Crown Prince. Damion deSalvatore was the most beautiful man in the entire Otherworld, and could have any woman, or man, that he wanted. Who knew what tortures he would dream up to stir his jaded interest? She had no choice but to submit to Rafe. Damion deSalvatore was to be avoided at all costs.

“Once. I’ll take up the shadow arts one more time, but I want your oath that you will never ask this of me ever again. “ she said, and he sighed. “Done. If it weren’t so great a need, I would not ask this of you, angel. “ he said, and she shook her head, giving a bark of bitter laughter. “You did not ask, you demanded. Now your oath. “ she said harshly, and he nodded. “Yes, of course. I Rafael duSant, Prince of the Rogues, do swear upon my life and House, that I will never ask of thee, Shadow deAngelo, to take up the shadow arts again after this one task. “ he said formally, and she smiled. “I, Shadow deAngelo, do hereby accept your oath, Rafael duSant, and if you should break your Word, may your House fall and your life be forfeit. “ she said, and he reached up, releasing her wrists. Both vampire and halfbreed bit their wrists, and pressed the bleeding wounds together, commingling their blood. The oath was sworn.

“Now, to finish what I started. “ he murmured, reaching down and pulling her to her knees, burying his hands in the tangled silver waves of her hair, his mouth slanting down over hers. She wove her fingers into his blood red hair, rubbing against him, feeling his cock hard against her belly, and silently urging him to fuck her. He growled, turning her abruptly so her back was pressed against his chest, and parted her legs, lifting her. He slowly lowered her, impaling her on his length, and she whimpered as he stretched her overly full, her head falling back on his shoulder, mouth blindly seeking his. Wrapping one arm about her hips, the other passed between her breasts, his hand gripping her throat as he kissed her savagely. She moaned, feeling her climax building, rotating her hips as he glided in and out of her sex, and he reached down, finding the pierced bud of her clitoris, stroking it until she convulsed in his arms, her orgasm shattering her into thousands of pieces. He groaned into her mouth as he filled her belly with his seed. After long moments, they collapsed to the bed in a sweaty tangle of limbs.

He pulled her close, stroking a damp lock of hair out of her eyes, and kissed her forehead tenderly. “We go to my home tomorrow, angel. I will tell you what you need to know then. Sleep now. “ he murmured, and she snuggled close. Tomorrow was soon enough to worry about what she had agreed to. Closing her eyes, she drifted off to sleep in Rafe’s arms.