Shadow Crow Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By the time he found his office on the second story of the library he could already smell yet another reason why the two of them would be fired and most probably never allowed to work there again. He pushed open the door and saw his friend face down on his desk, a bong, with still smoking nugget of weed in the bowl. He closed the door and pushed the towel back under the crevice. Gavin lifted his head up, which judging by the grim look of determination etched into his features was harder than it should be. He smiled at Phil his eyes blood shot little dots on an otherwise pale face.

"Bro..."

Was all he managed to get out. Phil raised an eyebrow.

"Bro... Just bro? That's all you have to say for almost getting us fired for sleeping here again?"

Gavin, still unaware of how annoyed his friend was just stared at him.

"Bro, one of the students sold me California Medical Grade."

As much as Phil wanted to scream at his friend he knew he couldn't quite bring himself to ruin Gavins "buzz", as that would be what most of his fellow kiwi's (New Zealanders) would consider a "Shit Cunt" thing to do. He knew what his only option was going to be, and unfortunately his day was about to get a whole lot less productive. He opened his backpack and pulled out one of Yoshi patent pending inventions and turned it on. The room suddenly smelt like lavender, this invention was going to revolutionize both the portable toilet industry and every college stoners dorm room once it went public. But for today it was going to allow two men to behave very badly. Phil picked up the bong and a lighter.

"California Medical you say..."

Gavin looked at his friend and smiled, his glassy eyes only now registering what was about to happen.

"Bro..."

***

Phil was drawn out of his almost super human concentration on the anime, of which the name already escaped him and the "Learn Japanese" book had already worn off meaning that he was stuck having to read he subtitles, which given his current state was both hard and for some reason humorous as the spelling and grammar was atrocious. He looked around the room for the distraction, his phone was making a noise that signaled a text, he looked at his watch, only one in the afternoon, so not a go home message. He dragged him self to his feet and pulled his phone from his coat pocket. It was from an unknown number, the message told him that he needed to go outside right away and that the lives of his parents depended on it. He had no idea what that meant but decided to go along with it. Hiding the paraphernalia as he put his coat on he woke Gavin and gave him his visa card telling him to get snacks and that he would be back soon. Gavin zombie walked off toward where ever he was going to source snacks from. Phil, thankfully held himself together with a bit more grace and wandered toward his mysteriously requested destination.

As he walked out the main entrance, nothing seemed to be amiss he took a step forward but due to a piece of something in his shoe stumbled as it dug into his toe, that is when he felt something fly past his head. He turned and saw the red clay shatter out of the brick wall. He was completely frozen in shock. Before he could even get a grip of what was going on he felt his body yanked forward just as the spot where he had been standing exploded. Looking down he saw the top of a woman's head. He could tell it was a woman by the fact that he could also see down her cleavage. He felt the grip of hands on his shoulders, and he felt warmth begin to run down his leg and cursed himself for having a weak bladder. He looked up and saw what appeared to be some kind of giant crow. He had no idea who these super's or villains were. Looking back down at the woman whose brunette hair covered what he realized was some very old-fashioned golden armor with white underneath and a set of feathery white wings. She seemed to be pointing a long steel blade at someone in the distance, Phil looked toward the direction there was a man in armor that looked a lot more modern, he had what looked to be a rocket launcher pointed directly at them.

"One more attack on this man and the treaty that keeps you alive will end here and now Drake, and neither of our masters will protect you from my wrath."

The armored man whose features were becoming more and more blurry by the second yelled back, his thick Russian accent punctuating his response.

"I retreat today Lady Svaldana... But because of this interference, the next time I see him... he nor you will receive no such treatment."

With a bright flash of light he was gone. Phil started to laugh, his world becoming more and more blurred. This was more than just being extremely high. The warmth dripping down his leg, that he had mistakenly though was pee, was clearly going to be something a lot worse, and he wasn't sure he was ready to look at that just yet. The crow lowered him to the ground. The brunette who was by far the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in real person in his life looked down at him, concern etched on her face. She looked up at he Crow.

"Tell Father I have found him, but we were to late to stop the mercenary."

The Crow leaped into the air and flew off at an unimaginable speed. But Phil was barely aware of it, as his leg had begun to sting. He looked up at the Brunette again, trying to examine her beautiful face again. She looked down at him.

"You have been gravely injured mortal, and you are in need of help. May I help you?

Phil had no idea what was going on, but his thoughts were rapidly beginning to cloud and being high wasn't helping with his thinking. He giggled.

"Fuck this shit strong."

He had no idea why he felt the need to tell her, although the answer was rattling around in his brain, he was attempting to make small talk with a pretty girl. She looked at him puzzled by his response

"Yes I am the strongest of my sisters, thus I was sent to Midgard to save you. Now please my I help you"

Phil was beginning to lose consciousness, but he still wasn't panicking, which even he found odd.

"Only if I can get a kiss."

The Brunette looked as though she had been physically hit by the absurdity of the request.

"I mean we can do a coffee first if you want."

Phil caught something out of his peripheral, a shoe, a red tennis shoe that was laying next to the main door, he looked down at his own leg realizing that it was still by the door. He looked up at the brunette.

"Well that's no good... is it?"

Her face became grim. She looked at his leg then back into his eyes.

"I will never understand you mortals, but my mission requires you live, so I guess a kiss it is."

She leaned forward. Phil didn't even have time to pucker as he felt the feather light touch. The world exploded into brightness.

12