Shadow Dancing Ch. 01

Story Info
Dawn & Bob find solace in each other.
7.8k words
4.74
11.1k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1 – There Shadows Meet

It seems like only yesterday that fear and old taboos used to rule most of my 40 some odd years of life, then like shadows dancing in that unreal time between dusk and dawn they disappeared, as all shadows must when the sun's rays slowly kiss dawns golden lips.

No I'm not crazy at least I hope I'm not, nor am I perverted, kinky or sick as some others my age might think. I am in fact in love truly and deeply for the first time in my life, regardless of the fact that I was married to someone for almost twenty years and have a son 17 years of age. I honestly do not think I knew what love was before Dawn entered my life and lifted these veiled shadows and cobwebs of hurt and mistrust.

In the spring of last year I had had enough of everything from the lies deceit and sharp open ended barbs of my wife and son to her giggles, when with me present, she recounted to her trusted girlfriends my perverted wishes regarding my needs and wants. You can forget about desires they got buried very very deep years ago. Sex was nonexistent in our lives and even then it had only become apparent she had used me to have a child. I suppose most men would have left years ago but I loved my son and would not desert him for the world. It had only been in the last few years that he had taken on his mothers tone and sharp barbs but I also suspected it was part of the teenage growing years. I guess it should not surprise anyone that I was taking pills for depression, as well as for bursitis and a mild case of osteoporosis I had also just completed surgery for a lazy eye that had fallen very badly. and two years back surgery to remove all my teeth. Yep Murphy's Law had nothing on me, therefore, I was carrying a fair amount of baggage when I decided to head to the west side of Vancouver Island for a holiday.

I arrived at the Provincial Parks paid for three weeks and drove around to find what I considered to be the perfect camping area. It was beautiful really just a short distance from the water and fairly secluded. I took note of the number dropped my gear and returned to the Park gate, gave the information to the Park Operator, returned and proceeded to set up my campground. I had purchased two books too read on the way over on the ferry and thinking about them brought a small smile to my lips. It was quiet and peaceful for the rest of the day as no one else was even close to my camp site, so by evening I had made a light supper, had a small fire and relaxed reading the first of the two books. I watched the stars through the trees blink in and out of existence as a slight breeze waved the pine branches overhead. I felt so calm and relaxed that I said a small prayer to thank God for this small blessing. I did not even crawl into my tent but brought the sleeping bag out lay under these stars and fell asleep trying as I had as a small boy to count them.

I awoke feeling stiff and a bit sore as it had been years since I had actually slept on the ground. Smiling slightly at the fact that these old bones could still move, my next step was to ready and place a pot of coffee on the camp stove to flash up when I returned from the public washrooms that were placed throughout the park camp grounds. They smelled like public washrooms and I was determined that except for a bowel movement I would not use them again. I returned walking slowly and just enjoying the scenery when a RUV slowly crept passed me down the vehicle lane and entered a campsite not too far from my own. Shit I murmured the whole park and guess what they have to be this close. Then I remembered that this was the Saturday of a long weekend and my site along with three others bordered on the waters edge. Oh well at least it would be just the weekend. Or so I'd hope.

I fired up the camp stove and settled back watching the sun dancing off the tips of the water lapping the shore. My thoughts wandered back to all the pain and hurt and soon my eyes misted, so as the coffee perked, my mind tried to expunge some of the poison and I was oblivious to the sound of footsteps behind me as a voice very cheerful soft and feminine said

"Would I have to sell you my first born for a cup of that coffee?"

Startled I must have jumped and turning around I was staring into a set of wonderful soft green eyes, surrounded by reddish brown hair flowing over a face that would have made the angles sing. I never even looked at the rest of her when her eyes saw the mist in my eyes and suddenly realized she had intruded into my thoughts. She seemed suddenly saddened and was about to turn and go when I realized that I did not want this angel to fly away.

"Not your first born, but you make the next pot." I said softly and smiled a little.

She was about to apologize for the intrusion when I just shook my head slightly and smiled

"How do you want it?" I inquired

"I beg your pardon!" she said, her head tilting up and .....

"I mean your coffee" I stated calmly smiling warmly.

"Oh God" she said then laughing softly "With cream, sugar, parents, sister and brother-in-law" she laughed again.

"I must admit I have never had coffee that way before? Is that a coffee house special?" I laughed trying to lighten her mood.

"Nope" she replied "It's the Dawn special to which I would be amiss if I didn't invite the provider of said coffee to join us."

She turned tilted her head towards the coffee pot indicating she would carry it.

"Nope" I smiled "I still have some gallantry left in these old bones" I joked.

"Ye gads a gentleman and knight in shining armor all rolled into one. I might just swoon."

"I shall hie away to my steed fair damsel, and slay any foul dragon that may cross thy path" I said back, causing us to both laugh and smile at the same time.

I started to get up finding some of the joints sore and stiff from sitting as I had been semi cross legged. She reached down to give me a hand and part of me revolted from the thought of this beautiful lady seeing me like this but after a moment with her hand still extended I reached for it and she helped me to my feet. I rubbed some stiff joints and limped a bit until the hip joint loosened up I could walk normally. All the time she just watched me and then not seeming to care if I heard or not whispered "Now that's my idea of bravery."

"Huh" I inquired?

She shook her head causing her hair to sparkle and shimmer in the sun and when she saw me looking at it smiled a devious grin shook it again and turning towards her campsite spoke "So grab the damn coffee already and let's gallop back to the kings castle."

************************************

I accompanied her back to her campsite all of 10 meters and avoided looking at her body along the way. She seemed to be giving me a number of quick glances along the way at my eyes especially, and by the time we reached her campsite she had turned and said a soft "Thank You".

"Your welcome", I returned not sure what I was being thanked for. She seemed to sense this but said nothing.

I suddenly realized that the whole episode from her first asking for the coffee to us returning had only been about five minutes. I also just realized something else that both shocked and surprised me. All this time I had smiled into the face of an angel I did not even know her name so bowing at the waist in the ways of old I faced the group putting on the straightest face I could

"May this slightly tarnished ancient knight be told the names of all the fair young maidens and princes that he has just rescued?

Her eyes opened wide and she just shook her head and smiled, while her sister and mother beamed at the compliment. Her Brother-in-law and father laughed and Jason her brother-in-law came over clapped me on the shoulder saying

"I'm Jason her royal highness brother-in law and this is my wife Cathy" who grinned at me I was about to say my name when her mother came forward and laughing gave me a slight curtsy "And I sir gallant knight am June her most royal highness mother and her biggest pain in the ass," she stated giving me a wink and pointing me to her husband. "This is Don my husband ........

"Ah the king and head of the family", I stated reaching out to shake his hand, noticing for the first time a terribly scarred neck with half a jaw attached to a body encased in a wheelchair. "Your honor Sir" I stated taking his hand in mine.

I had not reacted to her father in any form regarding the disabled figure and realized that all eyes were upon me as I had approached him. In my time I had seen enough hurt pain disfigurement etc that it did not bother me except that what I suspected about him was later confirmed by June that he had throat and mouth cancer but I also learned that he was in the second stage of Alzheimer's. His grip was still firm as I shook his hand and he nodded his head

Then to lighten the mood I turned towards my angel (I considered her for that moment my personal angel)

"And may I at least know the name of the youngest and fairest of damsels that I saved from the evil caffeine dragon." I bowed again and this time smirked a bit at her lifting my eyebrows up and down like a Marx brother.

Jason cracked up, her sister howled, and her mother shook her head.

My fair angel looked at all three of them at once then seemed to smile an evil grin and proceeded to give them all...........THE BIRD

That did it, they all cracked up and I must admit I was on the verge of loosing it trying my best to keep my knightly composure but loosing it. She looked at me with another evil grin then winked and said "But sir Knight I have already bespoke my name to thee."

My mind raced when she said this and trying to recount everything she had spoken. They were all watching me, especially my angel with her cat just had the cream smirk of satisfaction and then it hit me.

"My lady is correct she has indeed given me her name. Wow to this tarnished Knight for not remembering".

That got her, she wasn't sure if I meant I had forgotten it or if I had not remembered her saying it.

"Well shall we have the coffee I brought over before it gets cold", I stated, then, leaning forward whispered "Thank you for allowing me to share this morning with you and your family..............Dawn".

Her smile seemed to beam from ear to ear and she placed her hands on her hips shook her head causing that hair to seem to float around her face and proceeded to get the coffee cups from the back of the SUV.

We spent the rest of the morning chatting and introducing ourselves. Jason and Cathy were from Parksville and had been married for three years. He was a heavy duty mechanic by trade while she worked as a nurse. I maimed some injury and fake pain when she said this, to which she replied "Get one blowjob and call me in the morning"

I snorted through my coffee when she said this and Jason almost fell off his camp chair laughing. June chuckled and patted my hand saying that if I was going to 'play' they were going to 'act' as well. She had already told me she also was a nurse but had semi retired to take care of her husband, whom any fool could see she loved dearly, when he had been diagnosed with his illness. Dawn explained she was a high school teacher and recently divorced. The small talk went on until June finally realized as she was going to ask me if I wanted another cup of coffee that she had no idea what my name was. The whole conversation seemed to stop as everyone looked at me and then grinned.

"My name is Bob" I stated and proceeded to tell them a bit about myself, how I was an ex naval officer on permanent disability, and that I had recently decided to separate from my wife. Both nurses went right for the jugular asking me about the disability, what I was doing about it and complementing me on my progress. Dawn had not said very much at all when she had heard this but seemed to accept the facts at face value. She had after all seen me grimace in pain when I had gotten up earlier. The small talk went on and I helped them set up the rest of their camp finding out that they had taken the other three spots around the water. They explained they usually took all four since they wanted privacy for Don's sake. I volunteered to give up mine if they needed it and they would have none of it. June explained that besides me being there first, they had all watched my reaction when I said hello and saw Don for the first time. Most people stared some were revolted and others speechless.

The small talk continued for another hour when Jason and Cathy excused themselves saying that they wanted to get their site set up before lunch. We all volunteered to help and as a group moved over to their campsite. I was wondering whether Dawn was sleeping with her parents or siblings when as if she could read my mind stated. "I am on the other side of you far away from MY NOISY SIBLINGS", she laughed loudly.

Cathy and Jason both turned at the same time and Cathy smirked and started moaning that feminine moan of arousal while Jason tried to roll his eyes and groan. That was enough for June and she hooted and threw a bag of cookies at them. Jason grabbed the bag and turning hunched his shoulders and lifting his arms grunted "Cookie Monster ----Cookie Monster want Cookie and proceeded to advance towards June when she retorted "No Cookie Monster want pussy, so go eat cookie and workie or NO PUSSY."

They all saw my reaction which was to freeze and then they all laughed and said that they believed in telling the truth and saw no shame in the act of love or sex. "Besides" Dawn spoke firmly "It can be more fun and honest to just be a human being instead of today's tight uptight idiots." I agreed with her.

June also excused herself to help Don change and take him down to the shore line. Once Dawn and I were alone, I was suddenly at a loss for words and just started at her.

"Have I grown another head or an extra breast? No that can't be it, you have hardly looked at my body at all have you", she inquired softly.

I said nothing but started to get up feeling embarrassed.

"Bob look at me"!

I looked her straight in the eyes and she said, "Remember when I said Thank You when we first arrived over here". I could only nod.

"Well the thank you was for just looking at my face and not undressing or ogling me. I get the undressing routine with eyes almost every day at school from both sexes she chuckled, and also from colleagues and it drives me and them nuts if I try and use the school pool. So I treasure these times with my family, we have fun, joke lots and totally unwind. My ex was an uptight asshole and never understood us. Besides he liked physical abuse and dominance and I don't mean in the sexual way".

My mind boiled at the thought of some idiot asshole being so stupid and physical towards this angel.

She must have saw the anger come into my eyes because she leaned forward and kissed me gently on the cheek "My brave Knight and Hero". Her lips seemed to linger near my ear, "You will probably see more than you bargained for, but for now, how about some advanced chivalry in helping me set up my area". I could only nod and she smiled again and it seemed to be a special smile for me alone and I suddenly wanted to treasure this moment more than anything in years past. Again it was as if she could sense or feel me and she finished whispering blowing in my ear "Bravery is almost always rewarded".

Dawn went back to her car driving it around to her campsite while I walked back to mine realizing that I was late for my medicine, which I took amazed at the fact that this was happening at all.

I walked over to her car and helped her unpack the small tent, sleeping bag, mattress and small suitcase. In little time we had established her camp and after inflating the air mattress and placing it inside she proceeded to adjust her sleeping bag in the tent kneeling on her knees and her ass sticking out which wiggled as she adjusted the bag. Encased in tight jeans I was now staring at twin globes firmly held by tight muscle and curbed like they had sculpted by a master craftsman. Above the jeans a band of blue and white showed forming into a V that got traveled down out of site. It was the first time I had ever seen the tops of a thong on a woman and she must have sensed it for she turned her head smiled and wiggled her ass in a get your attention fashion. A number of thoughts went through my brain at light speed but in a far away place I felt the blood rush to my penis and in surprise felt myself grow. It had been so long that I did not even realize the sensation until it started to get uncomfortable. I looked and saw her looking at me and lowered my head and turned a bit red. She also could not fail to notice my erection which she had not "So you are human after all?" When she got no response she smiled that special smile saying, "I was wondering if maybe you were gay." I made to apologize but she placed her fingers on her lips to stop me and smiled again. "There is nothing to be sorry for if anyone is sorry it's me for teasing you."

"Huh"

"Bob do you honestly think a women does not know when a man and a good looking one too I mite add is admiring..... no..... you were more like fixated on her behind. It took me three wiggles to get your attention but it something more for you wasn't it. If you want to tell me I won't mind."

I just lightly shook my head not really knowing what to tell her about both her ass and my underwear fixation.

"I.....it's just that its .........and you are......and I never....." I started.

"It's what?" She softly inquired, now standing before me

"It's been so....over three.........."I moaned.

"Humm let me fill in the blanks," she said then continued, "Its been a very long time since you have either seen a woman or been aroused in the flesh so to speak and that time period has been about three years am I correct?"

All I could do was summon my courage look her straight in her eyes and nod affirmative.

"Well you know what Bob I am proud both of that you told me and that you can go without....."

"I just have to know and honor the person" I stumbled before she had finished.

"What do you mean by honor" she asked?

"I mean that I need to feel for that person and care for them to cherish there existence as I hold them close and honor their feeling more than my own."

"You mean love them" she said.

"No maybe yes but more to respect that person since they also have feelings." I continued "I think mutual and deep love can only grow from respect and nothing else will matter since there is no NO in regards to respect and love" I finished.

"I still want more information from you about the ...You are.. and the ......I have never... but for now I have to depart for awhile."

I nodded and said I understood and she looked at me smiling "Bob I have to go to the little girls room for big girls things and want to change so if you will head home I will see you later, and that's a promise" she stated kissing me again on the cheek and smiling her special smile. "Now Go Get Vamoose Scat." And so saying she turned around and headed back into her tent as I started across to my area.

******************************************

I made myself some light lunch and then changed into swim trunks and T-Shirt grabbed my book and a large Ginger ale my towel and started for the shore line to relax and enjoy some quiet reading.

I had just gotten to an excellent part in my fantasy novel when my mind wandered back to Dawns ass. I daydreamed and this again caused an erection this time to full hardness. Now I knew that I was at sometime seven inches but over the years had never bothered measuring it again, but this one was virtually impossible to hide in my trunks and it started to feel damn uncomfortable. I was no Tom Cruise, nor Hulk, I told myself but also realized that I was overweight by 15 pounds and had another more horrid secret which I felt sure would never be exposed. Yes I smoked on occasions when I was nervous or depressed and did not really give a damn if anyone cared or knew it. Yes given the right motivation I could both loose weight and stop smoking ...AGAIN... I told myself but why not for now just enjoy these people.