Shadow of the Vampire

Story Info
She doesn?t know how she got there, or why, but he does.
2.9k words
4.24
23.7k
11
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The shadows played tricks with the girl. She was still trying to shake the feeling of being watched.

"But, you are being watched, child." A tall hooded figure stepped closer. "Do not be frightened. I am not here to hurt you."

She stepped closer and reached to remove his hood.

"Not yet, child." He caught her hand in his and kissed the top. "I would not want to frighten you."

She stared at him intently. She was tall for a woman, just shy of six feet, but her forehead barely met his shoulder. She reached again for his hood, but stopped herself and cradled the side of his face in her palm. Somewhere, deep within, he sighed. "What is your name?"

It took him a few seconds to respond. "I have been called many things, but I would like for you to choose what you call me." It took his entire will to maintain his composure.

She looked as him for what felt like an eternity. "I would call you Nikolas."

He pulled back his hood. Running from just above his left eye, down to his neck was a fairly jagged scar she assumed he'd gotten in his youth.

"Is that what would scare me?"

"No, Katya. There are many other things to scare you."

"How did you know my name?" Katya stepped back, alarmed and frightened.

"Please, don't run from me. I do not mean to frighten you." Nikolas reached for her, but would not restrain her.

"How did I get here? Who are you? Why do you know who I am? How do you know my name?" Katya could not run, even though she wanted to bolt from the room. His reaction to her touch had stirred something deep in her heart.

"You have sought us for so long and you know so much about us. We had to decide if you should be welcomed or," he whispered, "dealt with appropriately."

"Dealt with?" Katya whispered. "I was to be killed?"

"That is my choice. Nevertheless, there are only two options. We either welcome you into us, or exact your death."

"There is nothing else." It was not a question. Katya knew too much, and since she was a threat, she could expect no less. She walked past him towards the windows. It was just past sundown.

Nikolas approached her. "I'm sorry, I would return you to your home if I could. But another would threaten your life." He placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It doesn't frighten me. It was always a dream of mine. As long as I can remember, your kind has fascinated me and I've sought you. And as I turned away to follow a different path, you brought me here." Katya had known for some time that her time was limited. She knew who the vampires were, where they slept, how they fed and what their mortal façade was.

"You asked who I am. I am Nikolas. A name I had long forgotten. You already have the powers of our kind." He stopped. "If any other had called me Nikolas, I would have denied it and told them to choose another name. But you speak the truth." Nikolas took a step forward. "Your mortal life draws to a close." Nikolas wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "It is your choice. I will bring you with me, or I will free you from this body."

"I am not ready to depart from this life."

"You will wake a new person, child." Nikolas brushed Katya's hair away from her neck and kissed her. "I'm sorry," he whispered into her skin.

Katya stepped away from Nikolas and turned back to face him. "You need not be sorry. I chose this path long ago, and I come to you freely." She pulled Nikolas closer to her. "I know what I ask for, and I don't fear it. I have sought it too long."

Nikolas nodded. Her surrender upset him. Nikolas didn't want to lose her to death, nor did he want to lose her to the thirst. "You are certain this is what you want?" Nikolas tried to hide his apprehension, but he knew she could see it.

"Could we wait till sunset?" Katya asked. She wasn't sure if she was asking for Nikolas or herself. She wanted to know him better. She held his hands in hers and traced the lifeline.

Nikolas closed his hands around hers and pulled her close. "I've wanted to do this since I first saw you." He tipped her chin up and kissed her passionately. Katya was surprised but kissed him as passionately as he kissed her. Both of them were breathless as Nikolas led her to patio. "I want to show you something." He pointed towards an apartment building. "That is your balcony, your window. I've live here since I can remember, probably before you were born. I used to watch you, wondering why you seemed so despondent. I wanted to make you happy. And I have since the day you moved in."

Katya could see the deck chair she had managed to wedge onto the balcony. Her cat was curled up in the window. "Will I be able to go back?" She turned to face him and could see the laugh he was trying to stifle in his eyes.

"Of course you will be able to go back. Did you know any of your neighbours well?"

"I knew Mrs. Kirsch, but she died last month. I miss her, we would take turns making dinner for each other. It was nice, she made me feel welcome when I moved in, and I respected her for the life she led and the things she'd seen. The rest of my neighbours weren't sociable. And couldn't understand why I liked Mrs. Kirsch. But she had seen what my grandparents would never tell me and wasn't afraid to share."

"You befriended her because she was history, and she trusted you because you wanted to know. I will not replace her, but I would like to share history with you."

Katya smiled. "I would enjoy that." She stopped and stared at her window again. She knew that the next time she would see her home, it would be through new eyes. "Mrs. Kirsch's family didn't want any of the things she saved from the war. They were going to throw it away, but her son remembered her talking about me and let me keep whatever I wanted. I don't think they knew what she had."

"Katya, you will see it all again. Tonight is not the end. It is a beginning." Nikolas turned Katya towards him. "Is this what you want? Eternity?"

"I am not ready to let go of this. Yes, I want eternity. I always have."

Nikolas was surprised that the anger he heard in his voice was echoed in hers. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't doubt you, but this isn't something I can take back."

"Nikolas, I watched the vampires from the time I was 12. I understand that I will never see my family. That's ok. I can deal with that, but I can't willingly walk into my death. I'm not ready for that. I would much rather spend eternity with you than die at 28!"

Nikolas took her hand and led her away from the window. "Is there anything you need? Are you hungry?" Katya looked at him questioningly. "You need all the strength a mortal body can have before the change. I want this to be as painless as it can be. I want you to have some strength tomorrow night."

"I would like some water." Nikolas left her standing in the living room and returned shortly with a glass of water. Katya thanked him and drank it quickly.

"Katya, is there anything you want to experience in your mortal life, but haven't?"

Katya giggled and blushed furiously bright red. "I can't think of anything I never did, but I can think of something I haven't had in a very long time." She covered her mouth with her hand as she tried not to laugh too loud.

"Whatever you want, I will do my best to give to you."

Katya shook her head no. She didn't know why she'd even mentioned it. "Really, its nothing."

"If it was nothing, you wouldn't be nearly so red." Nikolas pulled her into his arms and bit her neck without breaking the skin. "You are not a virgin."

"No, I am not," Katya whispered. She put her hand to her neck, she knew the next time he bit her, it might not be so gently.

"But you have not tasted the pleasures of the flesh for a long time." Nikolas bit her harder this time, but made sure not to break the skin. He felt her shiver against him and led her down the corridor. "Come."

Katya wasn't exactly sure about what she was getting into. She hadn't been with a man in almost five years. She watched Nikolas out of the corner of her eye. He seemed almost as nervous as she was. "Nikolas, what's going on?" Nikolas opened a the door at the end of the hall and showed her in. In front of the window was a huge desk overlooking the city. To the left was his bed.

"A bed?" Katya was surprised to see the bed, and didn't follow when he beckoned her towards it.

"You own a bed, do you not?" Nikolas asked, smiling playfully at her.

"I guess I didn't expect to see it. I know it is not where you sleep, so it seemed a little unnecessary." Katya sat down and admired the woodworking. She leaned back and curled up on the soft bed. "Nikolas?"

Nikolas had walked away when she sat down. He stood facing the window with his back to her. He barely held his composure. "I'm been along time for me too."

"We don't have t-"

"I promised this to you, did I not?"

"Well, yes, but-"

Nikolas was standing at the bed before she realised he moved. Blood coloured his face and passion flicked in his eyes. He stood in front of her and helped her scoot back on the bed. When she laid back he was on top of her, kissing her and working her shirt up. "I feel like this is my first time all over again, child." His gaze never left her eyes as his hands roamed her body.

Katya could do nothing but moan as his touch ignited her skin. She worked his shirt free from his pants and began to unbutton it.

Nikolas pushed her hands away. "No, child, this is your pleasure, not mine."

Katya fought Nikolas' strength. "If it is not for your pleasure, then it will not be." Katya tugged at the fly on his pants, and managed to unzip it.

"Child, I, a… I am denied the mortal pleasures of the flesh. I cannot have you as another man might." Nikolas dropped his head to her chest, panting. He could feel her stop to think. The need was momentarily replaced by her concentration.

"And if I take you?"

Nikolas raised his head. "A woman cannot take a man. It is not possible."

"Is it not possible for me to force myself upon a man?" Katya's question surprised even her.

"I cannot risk that."

Katya shook her head. "I want you buried in me. It is my one wish."

Again Nikolas' head fell to her chest. "I promised you the pleasures of the flesh." Bloodstained tears fell onto her shirt. "I had hoped I would satisfy you with pleasure, even if it was not all you wanted. Nor even half of what I want to make you feel."

Katya pulled him down on top of her. She wrapped her hands around his neck and her legs around his waist and rolled him onto his back. She pulled his shirt off and relished in the feel of his skin. She leaned down and licked his nipples. He groaned under her and she bit his nipple. "Are you sure it is impossible for a woman to take a man?" Katya bit him again, just below his right nipple and felt his chest arch into her. Nikolas tried to move her off him, but she caught his hands in hers and held them above his head. She knew she was no match for his strength, but he didn't fight her. "Put your hands behind your head and don't move them." Katya released his hands and he complied immediately. "Thank you," she whispered. "You will be rewarded for your obedience, and punished if you disobey." Katya bit his nipples again and could feel him strain under her.

"Katya, please." Nikolas strained to control himself.

Katya pulled her shirt off and stood over him to remove her pants. She left her bra and underwear on. She could feel Nikolas strain under her and she straddled him. She bit him a third time, this time drawing blood. She relished the taste and felt Nikolas strain under her.

"Katya, I can't do this. I am not-" Nikolas stopped mid sentence as Katya moved to his other nipple. He had never met a mortal with teeth capable of breaking his skin, he had also never met a woman as hell bent on his pleasure as Katya was. He sucked in a breath as she broke skin again.

"You taste wonderful, Nikolas." Katya licked the wound and felt it heal. She could feel Nikolas' arousal under her, and as she kissed down his chest and stomach she debated how wise it would be to bite him there. A mischievous giggle escaped her lips as she bit just above Nikolas' navel. "Strip." Katya shifted off Nikolas and felt him groan, but he complied. She wanted him aroused enough to take her without thinking about the consequences.

Nikolas pulled his leather pants off faster than he knew he could. He couldn't read the intentions in Katya's eyes, nor could he deny his desire for her. His nipples ached where she bit him.

Once Nikolas had laid back down Katya was on him. The only thing that separated them was her panties and they both knew it. Nikolas could feel her heat on him. She was testing his composure. Nikolas growled as Katya slid down his body, slowly taking him into her mouth. She pleased him expertly, bringing him to the edge and stopping long enough to feel his disappointment. The next thing he knew, she bit him hard enough to bleed and he screamed.

Nikolas pushed Katya off him and onto her back. Without thinking he was on her, ripping her bra and panties off and exposing her flesh to him. He bit her nipples as she had done his, causing her to scream.

"Nikolas, if you bleed me I will die."

He didn't hear her as his teeth nipped from her breasts to her navel and then to her mound. He wanted desperately to sink his teeth into her clit, but didn't want to kill her. Instead, he licked and sucked her, teasing her as she had teased him. When he could stand it no more he kissed back up to her lips and looked her straight in the eye as he impaled her. The scream he expected was muffled as she bit his shoulder, sending him closer and closer to his release. "This is what you wanted, yes?"

Katya nodded, trying to accommodate his size. He could feel her struggle and slowed to a stop. Katya panted beneath him and raised her hips to better accommodate him. She felt him shudder against her as she moved. Nikolas filled her completely, and her tightness aroused him. He watched her intently for any sign of pain and sighed against her neck when she tried to urge him on. "Patience, sweet one, I could not bear to injure you beyond repair." Nikolas could feel her nod against his head. "I need to know that you want eternity."

Katya's hand sought his and brought it to her lips. She kissed his palm and then bit down hard. The shock caused Nikolas to bury himself even deeper inside Katya. All she could so was mew in response. Nikolas raised himself on his hands. "Then it shall begin."

Katya felt Nikolas shift his weight. His eyes were filled with fire. She saw something else there also. "What does your heart speak that your mind won't say?"

"Katya, its nothing, worry about it later, please."

"Nikolas, if something bothers you, I want to know."

"It is nothing like that, sweet one." "Then what is it, Nikolas?"

"I'm in love with you, Katya." His eyes were filled with caution and concern.

Katya looked at him surprised. She was speechless. Katya smiled sheepishly and pulled Nikolas down to kiss him. "Good." Katya kissed him again. "I love you, Nikolas, and I want to spend my eternity with you."

Nikolas kissed Katya on the neck and bit down hard. Katya could feel his teeth puncture her skin and she felt her life slip from her. She gasped as she became light headed and held tightly to Nikolas' shoulders. Nikolas cried softly as she slipped from consciousness and breathed her last breath. He used his teeth and ripped the skin in his wrist open, pressing it to Katya's open lips. When he felt her begin to drink, he sighed and pulled her close to him.

Nikolas woke to find dawn fast approaching. Katya was now completely a vampire. She was weak, and the least bit of the dawn would harm her. Nikolas wrapped her up inside the sheet and carried her limp body to his crypt. There he lay with her, safe from the first lights of dawn, and the pain it could bring.