Shadow of The Wolf Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now she was curious as to what prompted them to leave their post and come into the garage. She heard a brief knock on the outside door and right after that a head poked in. "Can I come in, Regina?" the soft voice rumbled gently. She instinctively nodded her head, but realized that he probably wouldn't see it from the other side of the door. Alex walked around to the side of the car she was working on. "Sure, come on in..." she hesitated, not knowing which of the twins was at the door.

"It's Luc," he smiled slightly, knowing that it was hard for people to tell them apart. Shifters had a slight advantage since they could differentiate based on distinct scent signature.

"What brings you in here? And what's with the Regina? You know very well that is not my name." She quirked a brow at him. She found it a little funny that a big guy like him actually looked uncomfortable and squirmed like he was being called in the principal's office.

"I apologize for bothering you. But the Alpha wanted to know if you would consent to eat dinner at the mansion tonight," he replied. "As to why I address you as Regina, well, that was to show my respect. You are our queen after all." He was ill at ease, since he did not know how a human would take to their show of obeisance. If being addressed as Regina got her hackles up, he wondered what she would do when the pups became over eager and actually dropped down and nuzzled her feet.

She blinked at Luc and waved her hand at his explanation about her being their queen. "As far as I'm concerned, you can call me Alex, that goes for your brother too. Respect is earned Luc, which goes both ways too," she calmly said.

"So you're telling me that Rance asked you to ask me? Why didn't he do it himself? He's been talking," she used her hands to make air quote between them, "to me before then. Why stop now?" She crossed her arms in front of her chest and tapped her right foot as she waited for Luc's answer.

"He, ah, told me that you must have closed off your mental link with him." Luc looked awkward as he relayed his alpha's message. He couldn't understand why Rance didn't just come and fetch his mate and bring her back to the mansion, and so asked him.

His alpha's cryptic answer to that was "You'll know better when you're mated."

The sudden cessation of her tapping foot brought his eyes to her face. Alex was sporting a huge smile in her face. Whatever it was she was thinking it made her grey eyes twinkle mischievously. I did that? she asked herself. So I can shut off the big bad wolf from my mind, hmmmm... she thoughtfully hummed. What did I do differently, I wonder?This requires more thought . I need to learn how to do it purposely.

"Ah, Alex?" Luc interrupted her, a little unsettled at the uninhibited smugness showing in her pixyish face.

Still lost in her own thought, she lifted inquiring eyes back to Luc. "Yes?" she asked.

"Should we start closing up the garage now? I thought you might want to go back to your place and change first. Also, it would be more convenient for you to bring a change of clothes too. It's quite a drive from the mansion, it will save you the trip back if you stay tonight."

Alex held Luc's gaze, trying to determine if he was being flippant or serious. These wolves are a trip, she thought. I guess for them, being mated is something that you just accept. "Why did you make that assumption?"

"You and the Alpha are mated," he stated plainly.

"So?" Alex raised her brows inquiringly.

"I know that everything is new to you. But Alex, the longer you are apart, the harder it would be for both of you. So it's only sensible that you be together as much as possible. Hopefully starting tonight?" Luc replied straight faced.

Now that he mentioned it, she realized that she had been pretty antsy and unsettled the whole day. Only when Rance chose to send her those soothing touches through their bond would her turbulent emotions calm and quiet down.

"Okay. Though there's merit to your suggestion, I'll let you know my decision once I get changed. Whether I stay tonight at the mansion or not will be discussed between me and Rance. Let me lock up here and then you can follow me home."

Alex then proceeded to turn off all the lights inside the garage and locked up the office. Leaving the lights on outside, she armed the security alarm and finally walked to her car. She saw the twins waiting in their own vehicle and waved at them.

Unlocking her car, she slid in the driver side and started her car. This will be an interesting evening. I want to know if the attraction between Rance and me was just a fluke or not. Then maybe I can accept this 'destiny' thing between us. She drove carefully to her home.

Parking in her driveway, she turned her car off and gathered her stuff together. As she was about to get out of her car, one of the twins --Luc, or was it Troy? -- slammed his hand on the driver's door, and barked, "Stay here!" She was about to make an angry retort, when she noticed that his arms was getting hairy and his nails elongated into sharp claws. His eyes glittered as his nose twitched in the air, sniffing, and growling deep in his chest.

The other twin rounded the front of her car. "Alex, Troy will stay with you while I check your house."

"What is going on?!" she fairly shouted at them.

Troy, the twin who held her door closed replied. "The shifter who stalked you yesterday in the woods is here," he growled at her.

She stared at him, dumbfounded.

To be continued.....

P.S.

Thanks for reading and leaving your comments and feedbacks. I respond to all feedbacks with accompanying email add. Don't forget to vote! :P