Shadow Runner Ch. 02-03

Story Info
Chapters 2&3.
4.3k words
4.35
5.2k
5
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/04/2022
Created 06/13/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A/N For any of you that actually read these here are chapters 2 & 3. I'm sorry about the delay for this one but i have been swamped at work and with college. WARNING!! I write this for my own pleasure and i do like any feedback on this but what you think about my grammar IDC!! It is not my problem.

For any that do read this Enjoy

*****

Fay, Zeeke, Mac and Liz took their first step on the field as one. Fay in the trees jumping from one limb to the other as if she was as light as a feather scouting for whom ever or whatever their opponents were supposed to be.

Zeeke stayed a few feet behind the others just in case he had to use his magic he didn't want to hurt the others in the group.

Then there was Mac and Liz walking side by side swords in hand looking as if they could handle anything that came their way.

After what seemed to be hours of walking they stopped for a break. Mac Zeeke and Liz sat in a circle and ate some bread that was in the bags that were given to them.

Fay sat on a tree branch overlooking the others, so that she could keep an eye out for whatever they were supposed to be up against.

Mac looked at the others and said we have walked all this time and still nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if this is some kind of trick.

Liz looked up at fay and asked why don't you join us down here on the ground, we don't bite.

I can see more up here it gives the advantage of knowing what is coming fay replied. Plus you never know I might bite fay said jokingly.

We'll have you seen anything or anyone, Mac asked.

Just others heading in the same direction as us Fay bluntly replied.

I wonder what they want from us! I mean what are we here for? They kidnap us, give us weapons, and threaten us, but what for. Hell, we haven't fought anything or anyone and this whole thing is starting to bore me Zeeke said angrily.

I don't know what they want but it had better be for a damn good reason. Because this is for the birds as you, humans put it. Liz replied quietly.

Fay looked at the others and said I wish I had not answered that letter. I could be on a real job that I know what is at stake and why I am doing it.

Mac looked at her and said I think that we all agree on that one, although they would probably have gotten to us one-way or the other.

Your probably right Fay said as she stood up. I am going to go check things out up a head. Maybe there will be a change of pace. I will send a signal if there is any trouble headed your way.

The group on the ground agreed to watch for her signal as the stood and started to close camp up.

Fay got about a hundred feet a head of them when she spotted the hellhounds. There were five of them and they were headed for her newfound friends and mother. Fay spun around and shot off an arrow in the group's direction. It hit a tree about two inches from Macs head. Fay hurried towards her group, hoping from branch to branch while shooting arrows at the hellhounds periodically. She kept this rhythm until she was in sight of her group.

Mac looked at the arrow and said well I guess that's our signal, while drawing his sword.

Well at least we can finally see some kind of action Zeeke replied, as he started towards the hellhounds, halfcocked.

Liz pulled both of her weapons out and looked toward the last place that she saw her husband. As she was turning back around she said in for a penny and Feonna finished with in for a pound as she descended from the trees.

Fay looked at the other three and said there are about five of them as far as I could tell I may have wounded one of them, but I am not sure.

Fay looked at Mac and winced, I sent the only signal that I could think of at the time I am sorry about that.

You mean that you missed my head by just a couple of inches and you call that a signal. You are nuts Mac said with a huff.

Next time I will just put it in your ass and I won't Miss Fay replied sarcastically.

Liz looked at the two of them and said right now is not a good time for this, here they come!

Liz headed back into the trees, while Mac and Liz got into a fighting stance and Zeeke ran at them screaming the big one is mine.

The hell hound closest to Mac jumped in the air and lunged itself at him. Mac took is Sword and sliced the hellhounds stomach open. The hellhound hit the ground with a sickening thud and a wrenching cry.

Meanwhile standing at a distance watching the skirmish with growing concern Zeeke gathered his powers with great concentration and fear of past events. He focused on one of the hellhounds which was seconds from pouncing on Liz with teeth snarling and eyes as red as fire. As he prayed, he spoke these words

Demons black as night

Sights without sight

Hells fire burn bright

Take this demon

From our sight!

Zeeke repeated this three times and the hellhound stopped in mid stride as he howled with pain. He showed his dagger like teeth, his thick black hair stood on end, as he seemed to grow in size. Blood oozed from the beast ears, nose, and mouth and still he grew in size. In one last painful cry of agony, the beast burst apart in a ball of flames. As the hellhound exploded, Zeeke heard a glorified cry of utter disgust and impatience in the distance. Liz was covered in blood and intriles from head to toe.

Liz screamed out, I will deal with whoever did that when I am done with this in suffering beast. At the same time, she spun around and drove her short sword into one of the hellhound's eyes. Blood oozed out of the hounds eye and the hound let out a cry of utter pain. He jumped at her again this time vigorously. Liz went down on one knee and brought her sword up into its belly. The hound fell over with a thud.

At the same time, Fay was in a tree shooting off arrows at the hellhound that was jumping at her. As she was, doing this she was, wondering what these people could possibly want with her. In addition, why they have brought her and her parents so close together, and why hold her dad hostage. Fay had gotten lost in thought and the hellhound almost dug its teeth into her leg. It was too close for her to aim her bow and arrow. She kicked at it as she was pulling herself higher up the tree. The hellhound opened its mouth snarling and growling trying for another bite. She shot of another arrow. It pierced the roof of the hellhound's mouth. It made a gargling sound as blood came out of its mouth and it fell over dead.

Zeeke was standing back watching the scene ahead of him. There was only one hellhound left. Mac, Liz, and Fay were surrounding it. Fay was serving as a distraction while Mac and Liz were coming up on both sides of the beast neither missing their target. The hellhound hit the ground with its intestines falling out all over the place.

All four of them stood together trying to gather their wits about them. Fay looked at the rest of the group and said we need to get moving. I do not know about the rest of you but I am ready to get this over with.

They all agreed and Zeeke said there should be a checkpoint somewhere nearby.

Well then, let's get going Mac Said with a smile.

As they were walking, Liz was thinking aloud to herself. I wonder what could have made that thing explode like that. Do not get me wrong I am glad that it is gone, but that was just plane nasty.

Zeeke looked over at her and said I think that would be my fault. I saw that it was lunging for you while you were occupied with the other one so I cast a spell. It was supposed to disappear but instead it blew up. I am sorry about that!

When this is all over I will get even with you Liz replied.

Look, a head there is some cabins. I think that this is the checkpoint. Fay said with relief and fear of her father's knowing eyes and what is to come next.

Well then, let us pick up some speed. I am sure that we will all be glad of the break and of Liz getting cleaned up. Mac replied.

I will just be glad to know if my husband is ok or not. Liz replied and they all laughed.

Chapter 3

As they came up on the cabins, Mac noticed there were some tables set up just outside the cabins. There were people eating at them talking amongst themselves. In addition, at the right side of them there was a table to itself. The man that they talked to when this all began was sitting at it with about six bodyguards and Liz's husband. They all noticed that his hands were free. The site of him made the group wonder if Liz and Ian Was a part of all of this. Fay should have known better but it still crossed here mind.

As they came to the table, Fay noticed that there was something wrong with her father. Fay elbowed Liz and said he looks like they drugged him. I mean I do not know what he normally looks like but from the stories that I have heard this cannot be it. Fay said nervously.

Liz simply looked at her and said your right that is not like Ian and it is not like him to just sit there and let them hold him hostage either. Either they have done something to him or he has a plan. We will know soon enough.

They came up to the table and Mac asked what happens now that we've made it through the first round?

The man simply said you eat, rest, and for god's sake get that woman cleaned up she stinks. Then I will tell you what happens next along with everyone else here.

Liz walked up to the man and said I want to speak with my husband.

You can try, but at the moment he doesn't even know his own name the man replied with a laugh.

What did you do to him she screamed?

Nothing that will last, in fact he will be himself in just a few hours the man replied.

Fay needed to think about everything plus her mother really did need to get cleaned up. She took Liz by the hand and said let's get you cleaned up and some food in our stomachs. At least you know that he is alive and that's something.

Liz took a look at Ian and then walked away with Fay. I'll be glad when this is all over.

Mac looked at the two women and back at the man. He bent down to where he was face to face with Ian and said man you need to get your wits about you and fast, your wife needs you so that she can finish this thing.

Ian looked directly into his eyes while looking like a drooling idiot the whole time that he was looking at Mac. Mac heard a strange voice in his head and he soon realized that it was Ian.

Ian tells him don't worry about me. Liz will do what is needed of her. Mac smiled and walked away with zeeke following and wondering what just happened.

Fay helped Liz get the entrails out of her hair and washed the blood off of her back. As they were cleaning up in the shower room the men were talking about the adventure they had just had with the hellhound

Someone had to off been controlling them. But who I mean they had to stay close wouldn't they. Mac asked Zeeke.

Not necessarily, they could have brought them here and then let them go it's not something that you have to be right there for Zeeke replied. The real question is who did they get to do this for them.

Mac looked at zeeke and said I think that we should discuss this with the girls.

I don't think that Liz can take much more and Fay sure acts strange around both Liz and Ian. She is protective of them but skittish at the same time. There is something that girl is not telling us Zeeke said.

Your right maybe that is what we should talk to her about, instead of the hell hounds mac replied. And when I got near Ian I heard a voice in my head I think that it was Ian.

What did he say Zeeke asked inquisitively?

He just said not to worry about him and that Liz would do what's needed of her Mac answered.

Well it would have been nice to know that Ian is a telepath a little earlier Zeeke replied.

Yes it would have and it would have made a little more since but there is nothing that we can do about it know mac said as the girls joined them.

I think that we should sit down and figure out a few things about this little adventure Fay and Liz both agreed and followed him to a table in the room

Fay said ok we should probably lay out what we know for sure and then go from there.

Well we know that they brought all of us here the same way zeeke said.

We know that they have my husband said Liz.

They are holding something on all of us Fay said.

Ok that doesn't give us much to go on Mac said in a huff.

Maybe we should figure out what we all have in common Liz said sadly.

Fay thought that is not good for me and I am the key to why my mom and Mac are connected I think, but what about Zeeke. Where does he come in to the picture were does he fit.

My husband and I are outlaws and our daughter is a runaway you already know that from our file Liz said sadly.

I am an ex-cop looking for my brother's killer mac said

I am a runaway looking for the people that killed my friends and boyfriend fay said sadly.

I am also an outlaw and a second level mage I am cursed with my magic going very wrong zeeke said with a shrug.

Something is still not right; someone is holding back or we are just not getting it Liz said with a frown.

Fay sat quietly at the table while the others talked with questions going through her head. Why have they brought us here? Why put me in the same vicinity as my parents? I haven't seen them since they dropped me at uncle Cals when I was four. Moreover, why do they keep putting macs brother in the same category as my boyfriend. Fay decided to point the ladder part out to mac and see what he thought.

When Fay finally snapped out of it, everyone was staring at her. She smiled and said sorry I guess I got lost in thought.

Liz asked well would you like to share it with us. I mean your thoughts

I just keep thinking about how he keeps bringing up Macs brother and my boyfriend which are both dead Fay said shyly.

Mac looked at her and said your right but how could they be connected?

Zeeke looked at both of them and said what are their names or in our case there street names?

Fay looked at them and said my boyfriend's street name was mickey I never knew his real name and I knew better than to ask.

My brother's name was Jake he became a hidden after a friend of his got into some trouble, his street name was also Mickey. He said that he was going to help his friend and then come home. Three years went by with no word and then one day some girl called and said that he was missing and presumed dead.

Fay began to realize what the connection between her and Mac was. She realized that Mickey and Jake was the same person. As she explained this to the others, she could see the understanding in Macs face but there was something else to it was a look of relief. Fay wondered what would cause that.

I have been trying to find the girl that called but she left no phone number, address, or even a name. Were you the one that called Mac asked?

Yes, that was me; he had given instructions on what to do if anything had happened to him. The first thing I was supposed to do was call you fay said with tears in her eyes.

What were you supposed to do after that Mac asked?

I was supposed to go back home were its safe and I would be protected fay replied.

Well did you go home he asked?

No, I did not fay replied as she got up from the table.

As the two of them were talking, Zeeke and Liz sat back and listened. As Fay walked over two the window Liz watched, her she could see sadness in her eyes and she knew that there was more to what the child was saying.

Zeeke spoke up and said that explains how the two of you are connected but what about the rest of us.

I do not know but I am sure that we will find out Liz replied.

I wonder what they are doing out there. It looks like their sitting up some kind of arena fay said as she watched the people moving around outside.

The group looked out the window

There is no telling with these people, but I say we go out there get some food in us and watch and see what's going on Mac replied.

They all agreed and Zeeke stomach growled. Fay could see that Ian was more awake and once again, he was tied up. She pointed him out to the rest of the group. Then there were the mercenaries they were sharpening swords and cleaning the guns. It looked like there were hundreds of them but they had no way of knowing for sure.

The group walked outside together, in step with each other. When they walked out everyone turned to look at them there was a look about them that left an awe effect. They each grabbed some food and something to drink and sat at the table closest to Ian. A strange man looked at them and said I wouldn't sit there if I was you.

Mac looked at him and asked why not?

Oh, because the last group that sat there was petrified and he didn't even touch them the man answered.

I do not think that we will have anything to worry about Liz replied with a smile.

Don't say I didn't warn you the man replied.

They all laughed and started eating not knowing when there next meal would be. They sat there and watched as the people finished building the small arena. Fay didn't say much as they sat there she just listened and watched. Mac watched fay he pretty much figured what the mercenaries and the arena was for. He could see what his brother saw in her and if she was the friend that needed help he would have done the same as Jake. Mac was brought out of his thoughts when an older man stood and began making an announcement.

Everyone that is sitting here today has been handpicked for the particular skill that each of you have. The ones sitting here have made it through the first test and to the check point. Your second test will begin here shortly and the third and last. Everything will be explained to the surviving team or teams. In one hour the second test will begin.

After the man finished talking, the groups began talking amongst themselves wondering what this was about and what they were here for. Liz, Mac, Fay, and Zeeke sat there quietly for a short time and then they began to wonder from there table to visit the other groups.

Fay watched as her mother tried to stay as close to her father as possible. She couldn't hear what they were saying but she knew by the way they looked at each other that there was a lot of love between them. After a while Liz stood up and kissed Ian on the forehead and walked away.

Fay watched for a few minutes and then went and got some food and two drinks. She walked toward Ian and decided that it was time to speak to him. Not caring if he figured out who she was or not.

Excuse me Mr. Micheals I thought that you might like something to drink or some food fay said while remembering that this was the first time that she had spoken to her father since she was four years old.

Ian looked down at her and said yes it would be nice, but impossible without the use of my hands.

If you will allow me, I will help you with it Fay said while feeling shy and like a small child again.

That will be fine but why would you help me Ian asked.

I am not sure, maybe because Liz is nice and she cares a lot for you and she really needs you. In addition, she reminds me of someone that I used to know and I thought that ide help her out Fay said.

Child your rambling, I would like a drink though and you should be concentrating on what's ahead of you not on helping me or Liz Ian replied with a fatherly tone to his voice.

Your right Sir I should probably get back fay replied shyly.

As fay started to walk away she thought she heard him say be careful little one.She shook her head and put it off as her imagination, a kind of wishful thinking. That was something that he used to say to her when she was a small child.

Liz walked up to fay and thanked her for helping Ian .you didn't have to do that not many people would have cared enough to help someone in his position thank you child Liz said with a smile.

12