Shae and the Cat

Story Info
He was just a stray cat, wasn't he?
4.7k words
4.46
10.2k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

White blonde hair tumbled untidily beneath a black conical shaped hat that flopped as she walked. Well stormed was more like it. There was a tear in the thin gauzy fabric of the black skirt studded with silver stars and moons. The top, black satin and lace with thin straps, was skin tight and displayed curves that were generous and firm. The tie lacing the top together was torn also, giving glimpses of the satiny pale skin beneath.

"Who the hell does he think he is anyway?" the girl muttered under her breath, incensed by the turn of events that had so thoroughly ruined Halloween for her. She'd been looking forward to this night and this party for ages, ever since Jack had invited her to go. And now...

She glanced down at her ruined costume. She'd spent hours making this, getting the studs just right so they sparkled and glimmered when she moved, pressing and starching the hat so it stood high and tight over her head, slowly sewing through the delicate satin that ripped so easily under the flying needle of her sewing machine. And it was ruined.

Something brushed against her ankle, startling her and making her trip in her too high heels. She managed to turn so she didn't land on her knees, instead bruising her posterior against the hard cement of the sidewalk.

"What...?"

Her small purse had spilled open, the change she had thrown in earlier after trying to use a payphone that was broken, scattered and rolled over the hard ground. Her keys were thrown into a nearby yard and the tube of lipstick that she had saved for a month to buy opened and landed in a puddle out in the street.

Tears of frustration welled in the violet blue eyes of the tiny woman and she felt a strong urge to give in and have a good old fashioned temper tantrum. A hint of wry amusement touched the smile that came when she thought what the neighbors would think if they saw her out here on the sidewalk, kicking and screeching at the top of her lungs like a two year old.

"Meow!"

A large black shape rubbed against her side, the fur from a ridiculously long tail curled under her arm, tickling her. Huge amber eyes gleamed up at her in the dark, blinking slowly as if the cat were trying to communicate with her.

"Hello," Shae said, tilting her head at the inquisitive cat. She brushed the grit off her hands before reaching out slowly to stroke the silky soft fur. "Are you the one that tripped me up?"

The huge cat preened under her caressing fingers, arching its back and walking in circles under Shae's hand. It's purr was loud and rough, like an engine that hadn't had a tune up in years. It pushed its head between Shae's fingers and she felt the sharp tip of its teeth as its mouth opened against her hand. It wasn't biting her, just enjoying her hand as cats were apt to do.

Shae thought of her date for the evening. It was too bad he didn't have the sensual nature of a cat. Instead he was all dog, no finesse, no foreplay, wanting to rip right into her for the finale.

She stirred herself, reaching out and grabbing her keys and as much of the change as she could reach and returning it to her purse. Then she pushed herself back up on the four inch stilts that she planned to destroy the instant she got inside her apartment and went to rescue the lipstick from the puddle and it's cap from the curb. The cat walked with her, following her as she moved to gather her belongings. And when she resumed her walk to her apartment, he followed along, ambling beside her as if it were his place to do so.

Shae found herself talking to the cat.

"Can you believe what an ass he was?" she said, looking down at her companion. "He tore my skirt and ripped through the laces. Do you know how hard it is to sew these holes open for them in the satin?" She laughed at herself. "No, of course, you don't. You're a cat."

The cat looked back up at her, blinking its large amber eyes knowingly.

"Anyway, I wasn't going to stay there with him anymore but I didn't know anybody. And when I tried calling, no one was home. So that's why I'm walking." She turned into the front walk of her apartment building, stopping at the entry way. "Well, Mr. Cat. It's been nice having your company. You've been a much more polite date than most of mine." She knelt down and rubbed his soft fur with her hands, hearing his rough motor purr start once more. "Sorry I can't invite you in. The land lord is allergic." She looked around the well inhabited neighborhood. "Besides, your owners are probably wondering where you are now."

She stood reluctantly, sorry that she couldn't keep the wonderful feline. "Thank you, sweet savior for your protection on my trip home in this dark scary world." She laughed, the neighborhood was the safest in any in the city. She blew the cat a kiss and pushed her key into the lock, opening the door to go in.

The cat streaked inside and waited for her at the stairs that lead to the top floors.

"Wait," she said, hurrying after him. "You can't come in, I told you. My landlord would throw a fit." The cat purred

a little louder and rubbed against her legs. "No," she said looking down at him. "No," she stressed the word as if the cat would understand. He stared up at her and then started up the steps.

Shae followed him, whispering, "Here kitty, kitty." She followed the cat up to the third floor watching as he angled down the long hall and ended up at the last door, her door. Then he stood there and waited.

"How did you know where I lived?" She looked down at the cat which just sat down and stared up at her as if saying, "well, going to open it up or should we discuss this here."

She pulled out her key and opened the lock on the door pushing it open. She was going to drop her stuff, pick up the cat and take him outside to leave him. Just at that minute, the door to the apartment down the hall, the apartment that housed the landlord's new girlfriend, opened. Shae pushed the cat inside with her foot and quickly and as quietly as she could, closed the door. She leaned against it and put her finger to her lips to tell the cat, "shhh."

She heard some talking and then the door closed again.

"Well," she said, staring down at her intruder. "I guess you're spending the night. I sure can't open the window and toss you out and I'm not going to try and sneak you past Lori's door." She threw her purse on the stand and took off the hat, dropping it on the floor next to the stand. The shoes came off her feet with a tired sigh of pleasure.

"Are you hungry, cat?" Shae asked the animal as he followed her through her apartment. It wasn't much of a place, three rooms, including bathroom with old fixtures and even older appliances. She'd done the best she could with it, painting and adding curtains. But it was just gloss over old, sheen over tired. She kicked her way out of the skirt, rolling down the cheap black hose she'd found at a thrift store that was now officially ruined and throwing them away. She was left standing in the tight satin tank that was now very unlaced, showing the round inner curves of her breast and just the hint of stomach, and lacy black panties that dipped low in front in a provocative vee.

The cat growled, deep and low in his throat, startling Shae. She looked around and saw his eyes fastened on her for just an instant with what she could have sworn was lust in them, then the cat plopped his butt down and starting cleaning his back leg seeming without a care in the world.

Had she seen... Could he... The thoughts running through her head were too ridiculous to finish. It was a black cat, it was Halloween. She'd had a long day and an even longer date with Jack the jerk and now, it was all getting to her.

She pulled the top over her head, flipping her long platinum hair back and out of her face when it was off. Her breasts swayed heavily when she stood, her nipples clearly erect in the chill of the room. She shivered and grabbed her robe from the back of the door, pulling it on and walking into the other room.

The cat sat, transfixed, his tongue still out as he held his back leg up to be cleaned. He closed his eyes once and then blinked them again as if coming out of a trance. Then at the sound of the girl's voice, he shook and hurried from the room, jumping lithely up onto the tiny counter space in the kitchen area of the main room.

"There you are. I thought you might have gotten tired of my company already." The heavy purr of a response made her laugh and she stroked the black cat once along its beautiful arched back. "I'm hungry, let's see what we got."

Shae pulled out snacks, tuna for the cat and a small bowl of milk, cookies and a large glass of milk for herself. Then she took the food, put Cat's on the floor and curled up on the couch, pulling down a blanket that she kept on the back for cuddling purposes. She picked up the remote on the second hand TV she'd gotten and flipped it on. A good, stupid horror film caught her attention and she sat back to watch it.

When Cat had finished his snack, he jumped on the couch beside her and curled into her lap, purring when she stroked his soft fur, nuzzling his face into the vee created by her belted robe and laying against her skin. It was nice to have another presence in her apartment, even if it was just a cat. It was comforting listening to him purr. Before the movie was even half over, Shae fell asleep.

The first bonging of the big clock across the square on the court house woke her. She glanced at the time on the small alarm clock next to the couch. Midnight.

She stirred, meaning to go to bed and realized the cat was missing. She sat up and threw the covers back, feeling a draft from her half open robe. She reached down to fix it.

"Leave it."

Shae jerked back, staring around the room to find the source of that voice.

He stepped forward into the light and let her look her fill.

And look she did. He was tall and golden, thick ink black hair falling needle straight to past his shoulders which seemed impossibly wide, his hips narrow and legs long and strongly muscled. He moved with a grace that seemed to make him almost inhuman. His face was spellbinding, chiseled features kept from being too harsh by a mouth that was lush and curved as if smiling were his natural inclination. But it was the eyes that held her attention. Golden amber with large iris and huge pupils, surrounded by the thickest lashes possible. They grabbed her where she sat, huddled defensively and called to her.

"Who are you?" She was pleased that she sounded unafraid, her voice almost normal in spite of facing a large and very sexy intruder while she was half naked.

"My name is Rowan, m'lady." He gave her a short half bow that on most men would have looked false and showy but again seemed natural for him. "But, I believe you called me Cat. And please, don't fear me. I won't touch you unless you ask."

Shae sat up and pulled her robe around her, belting it firmly. She picked up the dishes off the floor to give herself something to do and a reason to get up and took them over to the sink. Then she turned and looked at the heavenly man. "You expect me to believe that you're the stray that came in here? Geesh, what do you take me for some kind of idiot."

He grinned, his teeth startling white and sharp looking. "You'll believe what you wish to believe, m'lady. I can only tell you what I can and hope for your understanding."

She listened to the sound of his voice, that husky deep tone that reminded her of the purr of Cat when she petted him. The cadence of his words was strange, an unusual accent making him even more sensually attractive. She stared at him, feeling herself getting lost in those large amber eyes.

Rowan moved towards here, stopping inches from touching her. His hand raised, his fingers skimming a hairs breadth away from the curve of her cheek. He was so close that he loomed over her, making her feel small and feminine, a tantalizing sensation.

His hand stroked softly over the long tangled tresses of her pale mane as his eyes stared into the unusual purple brilliance of hers. His nostrils flared as if he scented her and could sense the arousal his closeness was causing in her.

Animal magnetism, she'd heard of it but this was the first time she could actually understand the term. He was sexual intrigue on legs and very hard for her to resist. It had been so long since someone had come into her life that made her feel even half what Rowan was making her feel, and he hadn't touched her yet.

She threw caution to the wind and took that one little step that brought her into his arms. He lifted her, drawing her against the hardness of his chest as his lips found hers.

Fire, was all she could think. He was like flame, tickling her senses, arousing her passions. His mouth was soft, rubbing against her own. His tongue touched her lips, tickling until she opened them and let him in. His taste was dark passion, making her tremble against his body. Her arms stole around his neck, burying her fingers in the thickness of his silky soft hair.

He turned, still holding her in his arms, dragging her back and into the bedroom. He placed her on her bed and the sides of her robe came open, exposing the sensuous lines of her body to him. Her breasts were perfection, large and round, her nipples blush rose that grew erect under his eyes.

The look he gave her sent shivers through her. He pulled the white shirt he wore off before settling next to her on her small bed. He dragged her over him, pushing the robe off her arms and dropping it off the side of the bed. His hands, large and strong, stroked over her back in a long caress, cupping the firm curve of her bottom and pulling her against him.

"M'lady Shae," he whispered. "I have to tell you what I am before we do this. Once it is done, nothing can change the results." His strong hands were moving her hips over his, rubbing the long hard bulge of his sex against the silky lace covering her mound.

She whimpered, wanting him closer, the fabric between the two of them irritating her. Her hands stroked his large chest, tangling in the silky hair that barely covered the muscle. She traced the line of black from under his navel to where it disappeared under his waistband. His growl aroused her further and she found herself nipping at his flesh with her teeth, trailing her nails lightly up the front of his body and then back down.

"Shae?" he groaned. "Listen. You must agree or we cannot do this." He rolled her over and captured her roaming hands with his own. "Listen, m'lady."

Shae stared up at him, silhouetted in the light from the living room that came through the still open doorway. She focused her eyes on his face and tried to ignore the tendrils of fire that flowed through her veins.

"I must tell you what I am."

Shae cleared her throat, twisting her wrist in his hands. When he let go, she pushed the heavy strands of her hair out of her face and sat up slightly on her elbows, pushing him back. "Go on."

"I am not human such as you. I was once, many years ago, but another came to me in the form of a cat. She stayed with me until I loved her in that image and then exposed her human side to me." He fell silent for a moment, his eyes sad. "I fell in love with her and begged her to stay with me always."

"What happened to her?" Shae could feel the pain and sorrow in his words and hurt for him, and under it all was a strange spurt of something that felt suspiciously like jealousy. To have the love of a man like this was something she had dreamed of but never expected to have.

"She showed me what she was, told me that we could be together always. But she would have to change me. It was the only way for us to be safe."

"Changed you into what?" Shae didn't know what to believe. Did he really think she would believe that he was Cat, the sweet stray who'd followed, wait, maybe led would be the right word. He'd led her up the stairs and right to her door. How would a cat do that?

"I am a Familiar. I belong to a class of magical creature. We protect good witches and people who are in danger from evil."

Shae shook her head, pulling away from Rowan uncertainly. "That's all myth and legend. Familiars and witches, they don't exist."

"Then how do you explain my presence in your home? How do you explain my knowing which door was yours?" He sat up and took her hand, gently playing with her fingers as he talked. "Look at your clock, Shae."

She glanced at the clock next to the bed, her eyes furrowing in confusion. It read 12:00. It had been at least twenty minutes since she had been woke up by the bonging of the courthouse clock. She turned and looked into his eyes, not knowing what to think.

"What happened to her?" she asked quietly, needing to hear the rest of the story.

Rowan scooped one big hand through his thick hair pushing it back from his forehead. "We were running back to our Mistress, a witch that had been given to us to protect. She was in danger, she'd been found out and accused of practicing the dark arts. There was a crowd of people coming to get her, to destroy what they thought of as evil. They didn't know that our Mistress had been protecting them for years and without her, they didn't have much hope to survive."

"Her name was Jenna. She was beautiful and proud. She thought that she could protect our Mistress. She ran into the house after the torches were thrown on its roof. She..." Rowan didn't finish. He couldn't. It was as if he could see it all over, the proud swish of her tail as she raced through the crowd gathered round the house, her agile body as she jumped to the eves, disappearing through the open second story window. It was the last he had seen of her for when he had gone to follow, he'd been kicked in the head by one of the townspeople. The blow had made him woozy and dizzy, unable to see or jump or even think straight. The next sound he heard was his Mistress's voice, screaming as the roof caved in on top of her.

He'd been ill for days, not eating, not hunting. He hadn't left the clearing in the front yard of the now burnt out frame of the building. It was only through the presence of another familiar that he had pulled himself together. But he would never forget her, or how he failed her in the end.

He felt her hand touch his face, cup his cheek gently. There were tears on her eyelashes, making them sparkle in the dim light. His heart tightened at the sight and then he sighed, letting loose of some of the sorrow that had followed him all these many years. His head picked up as he heard the faint echo of a bong fill the room. He scented the air, his head up and questioning, his eyes darting around the room. They didn't have much time left.

"I've followed you for weeks, Shae. I know what your life is like, how you hate your job and despair of what else you can do." He touched her lips gently with his own. "I wish you to come with me, Shae, to be as I am and live with me. It's a freedom like you could never experience otherwise. A true melding of the powers that nature gives. You will have magic and love. Please, Shae." He cupped her cheek mirroring the gesture that she had given him. "Come with me?"

"Come with you? But I don't..." she stopped talking and looked around her at the meager mementos of her life that barely touched the sordidness of the room. She had a job she hated, a few friends that she barely saw, no family. Then she looked at Rowan. Something about him seemed right, seemed familiar to her.

"Yes," she barely breathed the word but saw his eyes light up with joy. "What do I have to do?"

His hand slid into the thick moonlight of her hair and held her still for his kiss. His mouth was firm and knowing, commanding that she open for him. His tongue slid into her mouth when she did, danced against her own in ways that made her moan with pleasure, a sound that he captured in his mouth. He pushed her back to the bed, his hand slipping from her hair to stroke down her body.

12