Sharing the Past Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers

He was enveloped in a tight hug as soon as he stepped out of the car, and to the surprise of both of them, so was Jon. His face showed his shock, and Ross couldn't help laughing at it, even as he wondered why his mother was being quite so nice to Jon.

It only became more odd when they got inside and she led them upstairs to put their bags down. Despite what Ross had said, and what his mother had always told him about not sleeping with his lovers under her roof, she took them into one room and made it clear they would both be staying there. He arched an eyebrow at her in question, but she just smiled at him. Now he really wanted to know what was going on with her.

When they were left alone Ross suggested that Jon take a quick shower before dinner, and managed not to get drawn into the offer to join him, saying it wouldn't be a good idea right then and that he wanted to catch up with his mum. Even Jon gazing at him with lust filled chocolate-brown eyes didn't put him off. Well, not so much that he couldn't resist, but it was pretty difficult to walk away and downstairs no matter how much he wanted to find out what was going on.

"So, what's up with you?" he asked when he reached her. "What happened to having to be a 'good boy' when in your house? You do realise I fully intend to take advantage of this situation, and even if I don't, Jon will. What's different about him?"

"He's your mate," she replied.

Ross gave her a warning look.

"Mum, I told you not to talk like that round him."

"And he's not here right now, but that is why he's different. You two are perfect for each other, trust me."

He laughed. "Funnily enough, we've been told that already. She was what got me to stop trying to convince myself he didn't want me."

"What was she?"

"Dunno. Panther, probably. Definitely an empath, although she tried to tell us she was psychic."

"Didn't she know what you were?"

"No mum. You know why."

She glared at him. "Why do you do it? Those herbs just keep you from being yourself."

"No, they keep the beast inside from taking over the man. How many times do we have to go over this before you accept it's my decision?"

"That's why you didn't even realise he was your mate. Have you even bothered to ask your cat about him?"

"I don't need to," Ross replied. "I know how I feel, I don't need a second opinion."

"You need to stop taking that stuff Ross. It makes you talk like the other side of you doesn't exist. You can't pretend your cat isn't there, you have to let him out."

"No. What I need is Jon. I'm glad you like him too, and I fully intend to keep him. Which means being human."

"You aren't human," she hissed.

"I can be, very easily. Leave it alone mum, this is my decision."

"He's your mate. He might be surprised, but he will still love you no matter what."

Ross hissed back at her. "I asked you to leave it. Do not screw this up for me."

"I didn't raise you to be ashamed of what you are."

"You kept telling me I could be whatever I wanted. Apparently that doesn't include living human if that's what I want."

"It is okay if that is what you really want, but don't do it because you think that it is what Jon wants. You aren't giving him the choice to know about you."

"Nor does your option. You want me to tell him, how is that his choice?"

"It gives him a say in how you live, like a mate should have," she said firmly.

Ross gave a bitter laugh. "Yeah, that would be just great. 'Baby, how about I curl up in your lap and purr at you, while you wonder what the fuck you are doing with a freak'."

Her face darkened. "Do not use that word. You want to be human, fine, but we are not freaks."

"Sorry," Ross muttered, knowing he had gone too far. He was just frustrated at her not understanding his choices. It wasn't a new thing since he met Jon, but for years now he had controlled his cat and he was used to it, preferring not to feel his animal urges. He needed to get away from his mother then, and thought he would check on Jon.

He didn't hear the shower running, so he assumed he had finished until he got to their room and discovered Jon was dressed and dry. He took a step towards him and saw a flicker of fear that made his insides clench, a feeling of dread washing over him. From the look of it, Jon had heard at least part of the conversation he had just had, and he needed to know how much.

"Jon?" he asked softly.

"What was that about?"

"How much did you hear?"

"Pretty much all your conversation. Are you going to explain, because right now I'm thinking that you and your mother are crazy."

"We're not crazy, but we are a bit different. I'm sorry."

"For what? Keeping some big secret from the man you say you are in love with, or that I heard your crazy conversation? You said you aren't human, so what do you think you are? Alien? Vampire? A demon?"

Ross felt like he was shaking so hard in fear Jon would be able to see it. He was left with no choice now though, either Jon walked out on him sure he was mad, or he found out the truth and he just might accept it. He needed to explain and to get some antidote, and just pray that his mother had been right about Jon being his mate and dealing with this. He started slowly, trying to find the right words.

"You've heard of werewolves?"

"Sure. People turning at the full moon who bite others, silver bullets. I've read about them in fiction."

"That stuff is fiction, and pop culture. Weres have control and choose when they change back and forth. Animal and human working together most of the time. And one bite won't turn anyone."

Jon wasn't looking reassured.

"You're talking about this as though it's fact. You think you're a werewolf?"

"No, I don't think that. Wolves aren't the only Weres out there. I'm a Wereleopard."

Jon started laughing, which didn't seem any better to Ross than his previous look of fear. Either way, he wasn't believing this, and to some extent Ross couldn't blame him.

"Please Jon, I know how this sounds, but it's true. I can't prove it right this second, but I will if you at least entertain the idea for half an hour. Please, don't leave me yet."

"I'm not going to leave you. You're right that this sounds insane, but so long as that's the extent of your craziness I'm not too worried."

"You don't believe me though. I guess I understand that, but I'll show you, later, assuming my mother has the drink I need."

"I do," she replied, coming into the room. "I figured you'd be needing this at some point. It tastes slightly better warm so it's a good thing that you take it now."

"This is all your fault," Ross grumbled, pulling a face as the disgusting drink went down. "I told you to keep quiet, but the first chance you get you're on at me to tell him, and now he's wondering how much therapy I need."

"Let me show him," she said.

Ross looked at her. "Fine. Outside to change though. I don't need to see that, and Jon certainly doesn't."

"As if I'd get naked in front of your mate," she replied as she left the room.

Jon was still struggling with whether he should be finding this funny, or seriously worrying about Ross and his sanity. He loved sci-fi and fantasy himself, but thinking it was true was definitely not normal. He was also concerned that Ross's mother was encouraging his delusion. He'd just about decided on treating the whole thing as a joke and hoping Ross snapped out of it back home, when a leopard walked into the room and sat down, staring at him.

Jon swallowed hard, looking back at the large cat. Despite the fact it was right in front of him he was thinking he must be imagining this. There was no way they had an animal like that just hanging about the house. His confused thoughts were interrupted by Ross.

"Jon, meet my mother. The other side of her."

"It's not possible," he stammered out in response.

The leopard started purring at him and he couldn't take his eyes off it for some time. She didn't move, obviously trying not to scare him, but strangely he wasn't afraid. Probably he was still in shock. He didn't even take in that Ross was looking at him until the cat turned her eyes up to him, and then Ross spoke.

"Are you okay? I know this is a shock."

Words. Jon was aware he should be saying some, but he couldn't think of any right then. How do you ask for an explanation of this?

"Mum's not going to hurt you. Neither am I. Please Jon, speak to me," Ross begged, terrified that Jon was going to freak out any moment and run away from him.

"You turn into that?" he asked, his voice sounding strained as he struggled with this new reality.

"My fur is lighter, and I'm bigger than that, but yes."

"Show me."

"I will. I take a herbal mix to stop me from changing, so I can live as totally human. It makes things easier, but I have to wait for that antidote to kick in before I can show you what I am. It's still me though Jon, please believe me. I still love you and I'm still the man you know, who's been with you these last few days when we've both been so happy. Please don't throw that away because of this."

Jon sat quietly, wondering what he thought about Ross and his plea. How could Ross even think that this didn't change things? The only question was how.

* * * * * *

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers
12