Shattered Boundaries Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Oh.

Blood seeped out over his body armor as he felt what little strength he had remaining flowing out of him. Disbelieving, he tried to take a step forward. His legs did not seem to want to follow his commands though as he faltered mid stride and staggered, quickly falling to his knees. He kneeled where he fell, trying to bring his hand up to his sidearm. The numbness he had begun feeling before had spread though. Now he was not even sure if his arms still existed, let alone of his hands felt cold. He looked down at his right hand, willing it to move... but it wouldn't. he could not even detect a twitch.

Well... that's not good...

Spying movement out of the corner of his eye, the Corporal looked up to find one of the enemy approaching. He was a hulking brute, easily taller than those around him and covered in bulging muscle. His face was a sight though. Scars crisscrossed over many of his features, deforming the triumphant smirk that was plastered on it.

"Ugly shun of a beesh arencha?" Anderson indistinctly muttered. It seemed his jaw muscles weren't cooperating with him either.

Seeming to understand the intent of the scout's slurred speech, anger flitted across the tall man's features. Quickly controlling himself, the look of anger was replaced by a sneer as the brute spoke something in French. Anderson could not understand a word of it, but the ragtag collection of militiamen around them seemed to find it funny.

Pulling a hidden pistol out of the folds of his coat, the tall men spoke in broken English.

"Reedy die Amereekan skum?"

Mentally laughing at the big man for his cliche words, Anderson gave a crooked smile.

"Do jur wursh"

Again anger flickered across the man's features and Anderson gave another mental chuckle. It seemed he had wanted Anderson to beg for his life.Well too bad for him, he thought.

Holding the pistol to Anderson's forehead, the man spoke one last time.

"Nite Nite Amereekan..."

But the sound of the shot never came.

Instead the air was filled with a horrendous screeching noise. The sound was so loud that the men around him, including his would be executioner, were all desperately covering their ears in pain. The only other time Anderson had heard such a noise was during a coastal assault when one of the landing craft had gone off course. The force of the waves around it had driven it into an outcropping of large rocks. The sound of metal being twisted and wrenched apart has just as horrifying as what he heard now. In fact, it sounded almost exactly the same. But that made no sense, there were no large metal structures anywhere near this area. Anything like that would have been cannibalized to make something else a long time ago.

The strain of thought was too much though and he just let it go. All he wanted to do now was lay down and rest. Blinking, he looked up at the men around him standing at a strange angle.Huh, guess I'm already laying down. Wonder when that happened.

Somewhere deep down, he understood that his body was shutting down, but he couldn't bring himself to care. After all who liked the smell of burning flesh? It was disgusting and he was glad he would not have to deal with it much longer. Neither did he like all the screaming. These militia guys had really loud, high pitched screams. It grated on his nerves even more than the metal noise, though he was glad that at least that one had stopped.

Seriously though, how much longer were they going to keep screaming? Couldn't they see that he just wanted to go to sleep? Some people were really inconsiderate...

So far gone was Anderson, that he did not even notice when the screaming stopped. Though he did begin hearing a voice that seemed eerily familiar. It was singing something softly. Though, it was too far away for him to understand what it was saying.

But it was so very familiar . Why couldn't he remember where he had heard it? Hmmm... it sounded like it was getting closer. Maybe if he waited he could hear it well enough to remember.

The seconds ticked by, seeming like an eternity for the dying soldier, but he had been correct. The voice was indeed getting closer, and he was finally able to make out part of what it was singing.

"Master. Master

where are you now?

Don't you know its to only you I bow?

Wait for me, Wait for me

I will find you soon.

I ask only for this one little boon...

Guide me, Guide me

as I run

For some day, some day

We'll be one..."

It was the strangest thing. He could swear he had heard it many times before, but at the same time, none of the words seemed familiar. How odd.

He had to hand it to the girl, she had a really nice voice. Very lyrical with just a touch of natural sultriness. If his heart wasn't already spoken for, he wouldn't have minded hearing it more often.

But he doubted his love would approve. She'd probably give him another one of those cold smiles that sent a shiver down his spine... the bad kind of shiver... Not the kind he had gotten last night... She really was amazing wasn't she?

The sound of the voice soon lifted him out of his thoughts though. It seemed that its owner had finally reached him as the song ended.

Looking up he smiled. She really was wonderful wasn't she? Beautiful red hair that stood out so splendidly against her delicate, pale skin... And those eyes... a forest green you could just get lost in if you weren't careful...

Yes she was absolute perfection, from the tip of her tail to the top of her head... He wondered if her wings worked though. Oh it wasn't necessary. They complemented her splendidly.... made her look like a demonic goddess... they didn't need to actually work.

As she leaned down and he could see her face more clearly, a shiver ran down his spine.Darn it, that's what I get. I wonder how she knew I was thinking of that girl with the pretty voice?

The last thing Anderson would remember was a feeling of confusion as the voice he had thought belonged to another women came out from between his love's cruelly smiling lips.

"I Found you, Master."

12