Shattered Glass

Story Info
A modern fairy tale.
5.1k words
3.67
46.2k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hopkinscm
hopkinscm
12 Followers

The following story was difficult to place into one category. The only sex in the story is Incest. But this may be better off in Erotic Horror. I'm not sure. Either way I'll get comments about where I should have put this. I am warning you that this is not so much about sex as the mental breakdown of a woman. This was actually written for a college assignment. I added more sex in the Incest scene later. The class was Folk Tales and Fairy Tales, and the following story is my modern fairy tale. If you stick around till the end I'll have some words to why it's a fairy tale. Thanks and I hope you are entertained by it.

*****

Cassandra had a secret and lived in fear of this secret getting out. At first it just started with thoughts that weren't right. She couldn't be able to describe it any other way than that. Tiny thoughts that had her worried about her feelings. So she did what she thought any normal person would do. She squashed the aberrant thoughts. She ignored them till they went away, locked them up in a deep dark pit at the bottom of her consciousness.

After awhile the thoughts went away. She was neither happy nor unhappy with this. As part of the conditions of locking them away she couldn't feel relieved if they were gone. But then she began having disturbing dreams. The tiny thoughts were manifesting in her nightly imaginings. She couldn't allow this. Again she didn't know how to deal with these images. They were no longer thoughts but pictures her brain was showing her. So after several nights of interrupted sleep and too much thought on her problems, she came to the conclusion of medication. Now she slept peacefully.

But these thoughts turned images did not want to be ignored. They did not want to go away. They wanted to be reflected up on poor Cassandra's consciousness. They wanted to be seen. So they fractured. No that's the wrong way to say it. She began to fracture. Now the images were seeking her out while she was awake. And Cassandra was terrified. Now she was caught up in waking dreams where the Other would reveal her darkness. But Cassandra saw that the Other only showed up when she looked in a mirror or reflective surface.

So she refused to watch her reflection in the mirrors. The horrible images and the devastating emotions that came when she viewed herself in gilded frames terrified her. She at first destroyed all the mirrors in her house, but found guests curious as to why she had no mirror in her bathroom. Afraid of people finding out her dreadful secret she placed mirrors in her home but mentally noted where they were at all times so as not to be caught unawares. Unfortunately it wasn't always mirrors she had to deal with.

Obviously she couldn't drive with her condition. Public Transportation was the safest way to travel. So on one sunny morning while sitting on the bus seat facing the window she noticed that due to the tinting on the windows and the sunlight outside it caused a reflection. She felt her pulse start to race and her face paled then heated. She watched in stupefied horror as her reflection stared eerily back at her. It began to grin maniacally at her as it looked around. The silent laughter could be felt hollowly in her chest. It stood up, and its tongue grotesquely licked its lips as it took stock of the other passengers.

This was it, the Other, its image the same as Cassandra's own. Dark hair seemed to be raggedly instead of her neat curls. Its dark eyes shinny in a face that seemed too small for its distorted mouth and glinting eyes.

An older gentleman had been sitting next to the reflection. It reached in to its purse and pulled out a large knife, its serrated edges glinting evilly in the innocuous morning light. It grabbed the white hair of the man and before the reflection could blink, viscous blood sprung up from his throat, spraying other passengers and the interior of the bus was saturated with the blood and death of the unlucky man.

She felt herself mentally screaming and tried to break her gaze away from the petrifying tableau taking place in front of her. She knew she had to pull her eyes away or she would be stuck watching this nightmare play through. She prayed silently to her god for help, to let her be released from her horrifying sight. Distantly she felt the bus come to a shuddering stop; people began to move around her. She became jostled; she broke from the reflection and quickly looked around. The older gentleman that had sat beside her had accidently bumped her as he got up. He was now heading out the door. She looked up at the sign proclaiming the stop point and realized she had missed her stop. She quickly gathered her things and walked off the bus and hurried to work. Her pulse still thundered in her throat, she could taste the fear in her mouth. She knew she had to put this episode behind her, letting it linger would only make her day worst than it had started out to be. She quickly placed the incident in the lock box in her mind and continued on to work.

Cassandra reached home after a long tying day. She was not only physically exhausted but mentally as well. She gingerly made her way to her master bedroom where she stripped to take a relaxing bath.

She sighed as she slipped into the warm water. She was already beginning to feel more human. As she felt her muscles unknot she glanced up at her shower stall. Its glass surface was clean and shinning in the ambient lighting in the bathroom.

Cassandra immediately knew she had made a mistake. Her reflection looked on as the Other one smiled in a monstrous way. She watched helplessly as it took the razor next to it and began to shave its hair around its face. All the while Cassandra could feel its mocking laughter echo in the room. When it had seemed to finish its work on the shaving it rinsed the blade off before glancing at Cassandra. It seemed to need her to watch it. It took the sharp razor and began to lick it.

Cassandra watched in complete horror as it's tongue began to bleed. It occasionally spit blood and flesh out into the bathwater. Still it continued on licking the blades, tearing the muscle of its tongue. Its eyes flashed with twisted humor as it removed the blade from its tongue.

Slowly it raised its self from the tub. Cassandra's body was reflected as pearls of water beaded on the skin, mixing with the blood running down its mouth. It examined the blade and frowned in contempt. It dropped the razor back to the tub then reached behind it and pulled out a pair of scissors. The metal winked in the lights from overhead.

Cassandra wished she could wake from this walking dream. But she was powerless to stop it. She watched with horror as the Other took the scissors and ran them down its breasts and across its stomach. The blades were closed, but Cassandra knew this was just the buildup of something truly horrifying.

It lovingly kissed the scissors before sucking on it. It performed a mock fellatio on the scissors while occasionally opening and closing them. Fresh blood poured from its mouth. Slowly it removed the shears from its mouth and spread its legs, placing its leg up on the seat of the tub. Then it started to place the cutters at the entrance to its womb and shoved the cutting instrument into it. It threw back its head in pleasure or pain, Cassandra was unsure which.

As it continued to masturbate itself, blood seeped from its center and Cassandra felt less of a hold on her. She quickly threw her head back, hitting the wall, it silenced any imaginings and the pain helped her break the connection to it. She rose from the cold water and dried herself off with abrupt movements. She ran from the room and crawled into her bed. She reached out a shaking hand to her pill bottle. She swallowed a sleeping pill and silently lay under her covers, quivering from fear and revulsion. And somewhere deep inside she was trying to quash the arousal that was unexpectedly heating her body. The swift pill pulled her under and in no time she was fast asleep where nothing could frighten her or harm her.

The next morning Cassandra woke refreshed and planned to enjoy her day off. Her stomach told her how she missed her supper the night before, so she pulled on her pajamas and went out to the kitchen to eat a breakfast of champions.

As she was eating her simple meal, her phone rang and she glanced at the display and smiled as she answered the phone.

"Hey bro, how are you doing?" she asked of her favorite brother, Brett. He was a few years older than she, but they were close even as adults. They were both single and often hung out if neither had plans.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over and enjoy some steaks I'm making this evening?" he asked her.

"Oh, yeah! I would love to come over. Do you want me to bring anything?" she inquired. After he replied in the negative and they chit chatted for a few minutes, they hung up. For the first time in a few days Cassandra felt better about her life and was genuinely happy.

Cassandra spent the rest of the day cleaning her small apartment, getting ready to go to her brothers and generally avoiding all reflective objects.

She arrived at her brother's house on time. They ate out in the back yard where he had a patio and sliding glass door off of his living room. He too lived in an apartment but he made more money than she and was able to afford a better living space. They enjoyed talking and catching up since the last time they hung out. They were laughing and joking when Brett told her he had something to show her.

She smiled as he told her he bought something new for the house. He was always out shopping and making his digs, as he called them, looking good and completing his style. She walked inside with him and he told her it was in the bedroom.

She walked in and looked around, not seeing anything that was out of the ordinary. She looked at him inquiringly.

"Come on let's sit on the bed," he grinned and took her hand. She smiled in return as they sat on the bed. She couldn't help it, his humor was infectious and the laughter that he was holding back was making his lips twitch which made her want to laugh too, "Now you have to close your eyes and no peaking. OK?" she nodded her head and closed her eyes. He gently maneuvered her back on the bed where she was now laying on her back instead of sitting on the bed. Somewhere inside of her she began to worry what he was doing. She was concerned about what he was going to show her as well.

"Ok, now you can open your eyes," Brett said with a smile. Cassandra slowly opened her eyes and gazed up into a mirror covering the ceiling. She could see the shock in her eyes as her brother lay next to her grinning ear to ear. She could see his lips moving as he continued to talk but what worried her was that the Other was now looking at him. Its gruesome smile twisted its lips revealing no damage from last night as it sinuously licked its lips.

She watched as it sat up and began to crawl towards her brother. She silently screamed for it to stop. She didn't want to watch her brother get bloodied by this fiend. She didn't like to think about the man on the bus or how the Other might do to her dear sibling.

The Other ran its hands up and over Brett's chest and up to his face. He seemed to be enthralled as it leaned in and began to kiss him. Cassandra was too shocked to try to get out of the waking dream. She watched as the kiss grew, shirts were removed and echoes of passionate moans and sighs reverberated through her mind.

The Other straddled Brett's lap and ground against him. He in return lifted his hips to its thrusts. Brett was cupping its breasts and it threw its head back in ecstasy.

Cassandra watched the erotic scene unfold, ignoring a part of her that was aroused by the sight of her body though not her mind making love to her brother. It quickly shimmed out of its pants and sank in front of Brett. Slowly it unbuttoned and unzipping his pants. It lowered his pants and he quickly lifted his hips to help. It smiled up at her handsome brother and swallowed his cock into its mouth. His moan was loud in the overly quiet room.

It began to bob it's head up and down his throbbing shaft, now sounds of sucking as well as Brett's moans were echoing in the bedroom. It was obvious even from a spectators point that Brett was close to orgasm.

It pulled itself off of him and crawled up into his lap. It sank down on his hardness, allowing a slow entry into her wet cunt. He was no passive participant in this either. His hands were roaming its body, pinching its nipples and making it moan and gasp in delight. It began to ride him in earnest, his hands gripped its hips and pounded himself in counterpoint to its movements. It head was thrown back as it screamed in orgasm and its milking cunt threw Brett into convulsions as his sperm filled load launched into its womb.

As she watched the couple in their post coital sprawl she became aware of the uncomfortable throb in her own womb. She couldn't let this continue. She had to get out of the dream. She silent screamed as she reached out to stop the dream. For the first time she tried to confront the Other instead of running away.

She focused on the mirrored images of the Other and herself, she reached out and felt herself being pulled upwards. She concentrated not on the uncomfortable feeling of distortion but on confronting the thing that had ruined her life and state of mind.

Cassandra felt the blackness that comes with unconsciousness descending on her, she tried to resist it, but it was futile. She passed out and knew nothing.

Cassandra woke up in a large white room. She looked around and saw she was alone. The walls and floor were padded. One wall was mirrored.

"Hello?" she called out. Glancing around her, she noticed movement from the corner of her eye. From the mirror came a cracking noise. She watched as the mirror splintered, spider webbing etched through the glass as it seemed to shatter from with it. Out stepped the Other.

They sized each other up in silence. Cassandra twitched nervously as she looked at it. It seemed to have no problems with the situation.

"Where am I?" Cassandra took the opportunity to ask.

"You are in my world now, blind eye," it laughed and from somewhere came the sound of shattering glass.

"Where's that? What is it?" Cassandra asked, trying to draw it out. Fear making her nervous.

"Well, blind eye, you entered my world," it smiled, "I wondered how long it would take before you would try to seek me out," it began to circle around the room. Cassandra moved with it, keeping it in sight. It noticed and laughed the shattering glass laugh again.

"No worries, blind eye, I do not wish to harm you," it smiled, or tried to but Cassandra only saw evil lurking in its face.

"Why do you keep calling me blind eye? And why would you not hurt me?" she asked.

"Well, I can't hurt you without hurting myself, and that wouldn't be fun," it smirked, "And I call you blind eye because you turn a blind eye to me and what I want," it laughed mockingly, "It's not healthy."

"I don't understand what you mean," Cassandra inched away from it as Other came closer to her.

"It's okay, you'll understand soon enough," it replied, it raised its hand and caressed Cassandra's cheek, "I am so going to enjoy this," and before Cassandra could react, the Other back handed her. Cassandra cried out in pain as she flew through the air and crashed into the padded wall.

"Now you will see what you really should have seen, instead of ignoring it blind eye," It said as it walked to the mirror. It stepped through. Cassandra watched in silence as the mirror knit itself back together.

Silent tears ran down her face as she viewed what she now realized was her prison.

"Cassandra! Wake up damn it!" Brett yelled at his sister as she lay prone across his bed. He shook her again as worry spread through him.

He watched as she gasped in his arms. He gently laid her down as she came too. He saw confusion clouded her eyes before clearing as she looked around.

"Are you all right? Should we get you to a hospital?" Brett asked.

"No, no, I'm fine," she raised herself up and glanced around again, "I'm fine, I don't need to see a doctor."

"What happened? It was like you zoned out then passed out," worry filled his eyes as he watched her.

"I haven't been sleeping well," she replied sheepishly, "I must have been more tired than I thought I was. Your bed was so soft and comfy I must have fallen asleep," she said with a grin.

Brett smiled in return. He helped her up and walked her out of the room. They continued their visit without incident.

"Are you going to be all right, Cassandra?" Brett asked her as she was about to leave.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she smiled at him, "I'm going to go home and get some sleep and I'll be just fine."

She left her brother's house and went to her own home. She laughed up at the stars twinkling above as she walked to the bus stop. She waited patiently but couldn't seem to wipe the smile off her face. She was free at last and couldn't wait to do what she always wanted.

"You really shouldn't have kept me bottled up, blind eye," she said out loud. A few people waiting for the bus with her looked at her warily, "I am going to have so much fun!" She grinned at the people around her. They cautiously stepped away from her as she boarded the bus.

Cassandra sat watching the mirror. Horror ran through her veins as she viewed the Other controlling her body. It was free to roam around. To make true the visions it had been showing her for weeks. Though she wished to cry she had no tears left. She was in a soft white prison with no way out. She realized now that the Other was she. She wasn't as ignorant as that. But the Other had spent a long time trapped in her mind; it knew the rules of the land better than she.

"I wish I could find a way out of here," she said to herself. Somewhere she heard shattering glass again. She briefly wondered about that but quickly forgot about it when a mirrored door appeared adjacent to the wall to the wall the Other traveled through.

Cassandra quickly got up and walked over to the door. She gently pushed on it and it opened into another room, but this had several people moving around and working what appeared to be controls boards.

They all worked with quick efficiency and in total silence.

"Ah crap!" one man cried as smoke came from a board in front of him, "It's taken over the guilty conscious complexes; I don't have anything else to try to stop it."

"Yeah well, it's got control of all the motor movements as well as vocals," one woman grumpily retorted.

"Um, excuses me? What's going on here?" asked Cassandra in bewilderment.

The woman and man glanced at her since they had stopped moving after making their reports. It seemed everyone else was still busy doing their jobs.

"You're in the central nervous system of Cassandra's brain, whom are you?" asked the man sizing her up, "You kind of look familiar."

"I'm Cassandra. Can you tell me what you're doing in my central nervous system?" she asked politely, though she felt bewildered and wanted to scream.

"Well, the unconscious part of you, which we've been calling Other Cassandra or OC, has taken over most of your body," the woman looked at her, "Got any suggestions as to how we get control back?"

"No," Cassandra looked around at her head and realized a lot of the people who had been running around trying to save her had stopped.

"Is there anything that she hasn't been able to control? Or hasn't bothered with trying to control?" asked Cassandra.

"Hmm," the man looked about. Many of the control boards were blank or smoking from the effort it took OC to take over the body.

"It seems she hasn't taken over Autonomic Nervous System, which controls the heart, lungs, bladder and some of the other internal organs in the body that most people can't operate on a conscious level," he paused looking around, "Probably thought we wouldn't give it a heart attack or try to kill ourselves to get it to back down."

hopkinscm
hopkinscm
12 Followers
12