She Told Me She Had Super Powers

Story Info
He didn't believe her.
763 words
30.6k
1
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She told me she had super powers. I did not believe her. I laughed.

"You are a woman. You are weak. I am a man. I am strong." I looked at her 5'4", 115 pound frame. "Do you want to see super powers from a super man?"

I raised my arm and flexed my bicep. Proud of the strength of my body and the muscles that I possessed, if anyone was super powerful, it was me, not her.

Unrelenting and confident in her abilities, she stood her ground, smiled, and felt the hardness of my muscle.

"Yes, you are a man and with your hard body, you should be stronger than me but you are not." She stood back and gave me a look that made me feel measured. "You are weak." She kissed me on the lips and said, "But together, we can be strong."

Yet, over the many years we were together, she passed every test of strength that I gave her, the same ones that I had failed. She was right. I was wrong. Compared to her, there was no comparison; I was the weak one and she was the strong one. I was the dumb one and she was the smart one.

She possessed the strength of character that stood her strong against temptation. My character was weak and I succumbed to every woman who gave me the eye.

Yet, she was strong enough in her self-worth and in her love for me to forgive me every time I cheated on her. I do not think that I could have found the strength to forgive her even once had she tested me but she never did.

She possessed the strength of a sound mind filled with enough common sense to veto every dumb decision I wanted to make when I wanted to buy a new truck or a bigger TV. She told me to wait and to save, when I wanted it now and to spend. She told me to plan for tomorrow, when I wanted to have fun today.

She knew things, too, before they happened. She had the presence of self and the clarity of insight that protected her from those who were insincere and who would deliver her harm.

She undressed me and put me to bed all those time I felt the need to drown my sorrows in alcohol. Yet, even after she experienced disappointments in her life, and I admit that I was her biggest disappointment, she never once faltered in her spirit to abuse the spirits.

She fed me when I was hungry and comforted me when I was sad. She always found the strength to understand my consternation and to say the right words at the right time. When, true to character, I always said the wrong words at the wrong time.

She was strong in her religion when I prayed to no God. She was strong in her act of contrition when I thought I needed no confession.

She not only gave me three sons, but also was strong enough to raise them herself when I was too weak to stay leaving her for another woman, a weaker one at that. Yet, she was strong enough to forgive me and take me back.

She was strong enough to continue working when I was too weak to hold a job and gave me money when I gave her none.

She took care of me when I could not care for her, and believed in me when I no longer believed in her.

She told me she had super powers. I believe her now, only I truly wished she did because I buried her this morning. And I will carry the guilt of her death to my grave. She died of cancer, the cancer that I gave her from the worry and grief that I caused her.

Yet, I feel stronger now; she left me some of her strength. I promise to raise my sons as she would have raised them had she lived.

She told me she had super powers. She did. I believe her now. Only, I wish I had super powers so that I could have saved her. In every way, she was a better person than me.

The good die young is such a cliché but it is so true for her. She was so good and she died so young. Why?

Hug your husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, or significant other and tell him or her you love them before they are gone and it is too late.

  • COMMENTS
6 Comments
chytownchytown8 months ago

*****What a great read. Should be read by many. Thanks for sharing.

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 7 years ago
My wife had Super powers too!

I understand your story very well. I had a woman with the same type of power only difference was she was real we have two children and I never left her. When her kryptonite (Cancer) took her powers I had to use what little power She gave me to care for her. The doctors couldn't stop her krypton (cancer) and I lost her. She fought to the very end all I could do was keep her comfortable. I stayed with her 24-7 and I was with her for her last breath.

She gave me what was left of her strength unfortunately for me I'm running out.

Your story is a reminder of what I lost. I Know you made this up. It still causes me pain everyday I wish I had the knowledge to correct and stop that scourge.

LitbridgeLitbridgeover 13 years ago

Beautiful sentiments. Well written. An inspiration. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Worry and grief do not cause cancer . . .

This is an excellent story, well written, but honestly, there is no evidence that worry or grief can cause someone to develop cancer. Obviously this man loved his wife so very much, but in spite of his flaws and "weaknesses" he must have had some redeeming qualities or she would not have put up with him or stayed with him. He clearly has a lot of accumulated guilt to think that he caused his wife's cancer. Still, I enjoyed the romantic nature of this sincere expression of love by the surviving spouse, who has apparently changed and grown as a result of his loss.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
good

pretty moving story

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Churned In The Dorm Ryan's colossal cock covetously consumes curvy coeds.in Erotic Horror
Aunt Jenny's Perverted Futa-Cock Ryan discovers his aunt's BIG secret.in Transgender & Crossdressers
On the Run Diana and her mother are found by Liz and later the police.in Transgender & Crossdressers
How I Became a Bride Boy meets boy (posing as girl). in Transgender & Crossdressers
Warlock Takes a Halliwell Ch. 01 The fall of Phoebe.in Celebrities & Fan Fiction
More Stories