She Wolf Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

"I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt any of you. He threatened to...never mind. I am so sorry you all were hurt. I'm not sure how long I'll be allowed to stay, but I won't put any of you in danger. Especially if I can stop it." She tried to explain when Elise spoke.

"I understand, but you don't have to sever our bonds. No matter what he does, how he threatens you, we will always be there for you. Nicolette, did he hurt you? Were you forced?" Elise asked clearly concerned now. It had been over a year when he took her, and he brings her back almost dead giving birth to his child. If that man forced her, she wasn't going back with him. Elise watched her closely, but the mask she wore was impenetrable. However, she knew. Even though she didn't say anything, Elise knew she suffered at his hands.

Javon looked at his mate. Baby, he's vampire. One of the oldest and strongest. If he wants to take her, how can we stop him?

Javon, he can't take her if he's dead. We outnumber him.. Elise sent angrily. She should have joined Nina earlier and kicked his ass.

"He has others watching you." Javon tensed; Nicolette hurried to explain, "They are there for your protection. He has the ability to keep you much safer than I can. For that I am grateful. I sense a change in him. He's genuine, different. He won't hurt me anymore. I believe he will keep me and the baby safe. He is my husband and no matter what, I belong at his side, but I will only go if I chose to. Not because I am forced. But I promise you this; I will always keep the safety of the pack first." Nicolette sensed the hatred festering inside the Alphas and her concern grew.

"Nicole-" Elise started to say when the door burst opened and Nina rushed in. She was waiting for the alpha couple to leave when she felt as if Nicolette needed her. "Nicky, I'm here." she rushed in embracing her friend. "You're alive. I thought we'd lost you. Oh God! Nicky" Nina sobbed. BJ, Celia and their mates walked in. Celia and BJ hugged their aunt. Mrs. Valdez had gotten hugged into oblivion earlier, but she too welcomed more tight embraces. Clause allowed the family to reunite. He was worried about Gernick. It seemed he was to only one worried about him. Amerie walked out and found him simply staring from a window. "Claus, what is going on?" she asked.

"Everyone hates him. He was a baby and his father hated him. His stepmother, siblings, except for Garrick hated him. She might never love him, and she is his whole life. He can't continue to exist where he is so despised Amerie. I know here he is public enemy number one, but to me he's my child and I have to be there for him." A tear rolled down his cheek. "When he goes, I'll join him. Amerie, watch over Jonathan and keep him and Nicky safe. He promised her freedom. I'll make sure he keeps his word." Then he walked away. She was frozen. Throughout this entire nightmare, Claus was the one that held them together, if she lost him... Well, she' had to make sure that didn't happen. Gernick needed to get his shit together and do it soon. Donning a calm and serene façade, she walked back in where everyone was with Nicky.

Nicky was so happy to be back home. Seeing Nina again, took away all of the bad things she'd suffered. They were so relieved she was alive, but they all clearly hated Gernick. The wolves wanted him dead. What surprised Nicolette was that she now needed him to live. She and Jonathan needed him. This was her family, but he was her mate. She had to get them to see reason, or things would combust.

Her Mom walked back in wearing a neutral mask. Nicolette was instantly alarmed. Her mother never masked. Momma, what now? she asked.

Nothing love. I'll check on the baby, she replied and left the room. Nicky knew she was hiding something. She also realized Gernick and Claus were not with her. She tried to feel him through their bond, only to realize he'd muted it. She was instantly worried. A state soon noticed by Nina and the others. "What is it Nicky? What's wrong?" Nina asked. Everyone stopped talking and watched her. They were waiting, you see for the wolves, if she indicated she wanted Gernick gone, they would take him out, but she wasn't really saying she hated him.

"Nothing, just ... Please, everything is fine." She smiled, but no one was fooled. Javon realized that their hatred of her mate put her at odds, so they needed to back down. Nina, she feels her mate is being threatened, and she is trying to protect everyone. We must control our anger.

Nina sat on her bed. "Look at me Nicky. Who is he to you?" Everyone waited. Her answered determined their actions. "Nina, despite all that he has done, he is mine. My mate," she answered boldly. Everyone heard and anew decree was issued. "No wolf will harm him. But you and Jonathan are pack and he needs to let you keep in touch. I want to talk with him," Javon ordered. A light knock at the door, caught everyone's attention. A pediatric nurse brought the baby in. He was so precious everyone was awed.

Meanwhile, Claus had located Gernick outside of the medical center sitting on the roof. He needed some time alone. "Gernick, I need you to know you were never alone. I've stood with you for eight hundred years and I stand with you now. Whatever you chose, I go with you."

"What if I ask you to stay here for him? They won't let her go, and I don't blame them. But I can't stay here. It's too much. My son will see what a bastard I am and hate me too. I don't want him to be like me. I want him to have everything I didn't..." He explained.

"I loved you as if you were mine. I know my love wasn't good enough, but still Gernick. You talk of wanting him to have what you didn't. Well what about the love of a father? You are his father, dammit, fight." Claus took a deep breath anger radiating from his tall frame.

"After all the shit you've done to get her and have a family, you decide to just walk away. Yes, you fucked up, big time, I might add, but you also had a part in making that little boy. A little boy who has loved you since the moment he was conceived. That baby was so afraid of this fighting and distrust, he refused to be born, but the moment you held him, he connected with you. I stood outside the nursery and watched. They need you Gernick and now it's time to be a man. You think just because you've gone she'll be safe? Hell no! Do you know who your mate is? She is the one woman every male wanted and could not have. Yet you want to leave her and your child to fend for themselves." Claus was incensed.

"I didn't raise you to be a coward. Get up off your ass and do what is right. Man up and take care of your family Gernick. That is your wife, your child, how can you even consider abandoning them?" He shook with barely restrained rage.

Gernick had never seen him as angry before. Claus never lost his temper. He was always the calm one. But today, he was on edge. "Claus, you are my father, in every way that matters, that's why..."

Claus stopped him. "Then as your father I demand you get your ass off of this roof, go to that room, and work things out with your wife. This isn't about the wolves, me, or anyone else. You and Nicolette need to settle this. Oh and if you ever consider ending your life again, son. I'm kicking your ass, hear me."

Claus broke, and Gernick hugged him. He loved this man, his father. He held him and swore he'd never do this again. When the world seemed against him, Claus was always there, cleaning up his mess, taking out threats against him, fighting his foes. He never wanted to disappoint him again.

"OK, I will fix this." They jumped off the roof and walked back into the medical center. He heard the voices before he entered the room. He knew her family surrounded her, and they'd die protecting her. But they had no need to protect her from him. He caused her enough pain, and he'd never hurt her again.

Gernick and Claus paused at the door. Then they walked in, everyone froze. He saw her holding their child and for a second her eyes shone with something. She was glad to see him. Then she looked at their little boy, and the wolves parted. He walked to her side, and leaned in kissing his wife's temple. The wolves gasped. A kiss to the temple was very symbolic. It meant treasured and loved.

Nicolette looked at her husband, and for the first time, he was the man she met when she fell for him at eighteen years old. "I love you Nicolette. I've always loved you." He whispered. He kissed his wife, and for a second they forgot that the room was full of people. They forgot that this man was the most hated most feared vampire in the world. Right now, he was simply Gernick Ivanov, the man a young girl loved.

Jonathan was being smothered, so he screamed out and the couple pulled a part. "Gernick, hold your son," she whispered. He smiled and for once wasn't scary at all, as she placed their son in his arms. Gernick kissed his wife, and no one doubted the love he had for that woman.

Javon sent to all the wolves present, Let's give them some privacy. they quietly left the room. Nina's phone rang. "Hello"

"Momma, a beta came to get Malcolm and me. We are heading home. Is something wrong? I tried to send a message but it didn't go through. Is someone hurt?" Kyra explained. If someone hurt her family, she would go ballistic. "No, sweetie, no one is hurt. We have exciting news and you need to be here to share it," Nina explained. "Wait, you're not pregnant again are you. Theo is only three months old." She asked. Nina laughed, "No Kyra. Not yet anyway. We'll tell you when you get here." Then she hung up.

Kyra and Malcolm will be here soon. I wonder how she'll take this. I know she'll be glad to see Nicky, but Gernick is here and she has come so far.

Kyra and Malcolm arrived at the Alphas home where everyone was there to meet the young ones. Mrs. Valdez joined them as did Claus. Claus explained to Nicky and Gernick what was happening.

Gernick froze. He had no idea how much fury this girl held for him. He didn't think about her really, but when Claus explained the way she attacked him, he feared his presence might cause a setback for the young woman.

Nicolette was worried. Out of all three kids, Kyra was the most sensitive. She had no idea she'd taken this so hard. It's my fault Nicolette. Mine alone. She has every right to hate me.

She and Malcolm walked in and Elise and Javon met them. Kyra sit down. We have some news. Mrs. Valdez walked in as Javon was speaking. Javon stopped and smiled at her. Kyra looked and squealed. She leaped into the arms of the older woman. So happy she was alive. Then Claus came out, and she knew he brought her back. She hugged him as well thanking him for bringing her home.

Claus held the young woman close as she wept with joy. Then Nina spoke, "Baby, there is more. Nicolette is not dead. She's at the medical center." Kyra gasped.

"Aunt Nicky is alive! She's alive!" she cried. "Take me to her! Wait, medical center, Aunt Nicky's hurt? But, you said no one was hurt. Momma," Kyra stated, frightened now. Her family was back together now, she had to see Nicky. Claus sent a message that they were bringing the girl over. Gernick decided to leave the room. He would have to face her, but right now she needed to be reacquainted with her aunt.

They reached the center and Nina and Thaddeus walked Kyra to Nicolette's room. She'd just had Gernick to place Jonathan in his basinet and he left the room to keep from upsetting Kyra. He really wanted to stay with Nicolette, but she felt she needed to see Kyra without him first, then he could be reintroduced.

"Sweetheart, she will still hate me regardless. Does it matter when she learns of our mating," he asked. Nicolette took a deep breath. From what her mother had told her, Kyra blamed herself and was having a hard time accepting that fact she was gone. She wanted to assess her first and see if she needed to meet him. Gernick understood her reticence and agreed to step out before the others got there. He didn't want to leave her side, but the girl didn't need to see him.

Nina opened the door and Kyra saw her aunt in the bed. "Oh my God! Aunt Nicky! Aunt Nicky! You're alive! Thank Luna you're alive!" She rushed to her aunt embracing her immediately. Not realizing her strength, Kyra caused Nicolette some mild discomfort.

"Um, Kyra. Please let go." She whispered. "Yes, I'm alright. I'm back. And I'm going to be ok." Jonathan whimpered and that was when Kyra noticed the baby.

"Aunt Nicky, you have a baby. Can I hold him?" She asked excited.

Nicolette smiled, "Yes."

She lifted her son and gently placed him in Kyra's arms. Kyra took in his coloring. She frowned and Jonathan began to fret. In a cold, angry voice, she glared at her aunt and uttered, "That man, that man is his father. He forced you. Aunt Nicky. Oh God. He forced you."

Jonathan cried in earnest. Nina moved in to take the baby when Gernick rushed in and tried to take the baby from her. "NO!,YOU WON"T TAKE HIM!" Kyra screamed as she moved Jonathan away from Gernick and gave him to her aunt before she shifted. He was not taking Aunt Nicky's baby. The feral young wolf stood guard on top of Nicky's bed between Gernick, Nicolette, and his son.

"Kyra sweetie, it's Ok. Please shift back." Nicolette whispered, afraid that things could get worse. Gernick might react and the wolves would... She couldn't finish that thought. Kyra only saw the man that terrorized her aunt, and forced her to leave. He took her from them and he wouldn't take her again. She was growling ready to pounce. Nina ordered her to shift back. Javon and Elise came in and he issued and alpha command. The command forced the shift, but the girl lay naked and trembling between her aunt her child and the man that took them. Her eyes unfocused as if she was reliving a nightmare, and he knew she was. It was one he caused.

Gernick kneeled beside the bed, bowing low in a show of complete submission and spoke. "Little Bitch, you have every right to hate me. I was wrong, and I am so sorry. I know right now you can't hear me, but I really want to talk this out. I would never take Nicolette or Jonathan from you. I know she has always told you I am a man of my word and I give you my word. I will do whatever it takes to earn your forgiveness." Kyra heard him, but didn't believe him. Nicolette calmed the baby and Gernick looked at the Alpha and his mate, nodded and left the room.

Javon followed him. "Gernick, wait. We need to talk." he insisted.

"Alpha Javon, the damaged I've caused that child is inexcusable. I know words are not adequate enough, but I promise to never take her again. If she goes it will be her choice. But she is mine, and I won't live without her. I am willing to help hire therapist and anything else you need to help your pack with the damage I've caused." He solemnly stated.

Javon nodded. Then he spoke. "Let's go outside. We need to speak alone." He had to be careful, because part of him wanted to rip this guy a part, but another part believed that this vampire was sincere. Once they were in a secluded area, Javon asked, "Why? Why take her like you did?"

Gernick humped his shoulders, "At the time, I knew she would not choose me. I have loved her for centuries. She is mine, my whole life. I knew the wolves were important to her and I used her love for them to bend her to my will. By the time I realized my mistake, she hated me. In all honesty, at first I didn't think the wolves were as attached as they are, until I decided to check on you for her and learned of her mother's deflection. My friend Claus agreed to come find her and he first informed me of the condition of everyone here. That was my first glimpse into the damage I had done. By then Nicolette detested me completely. She severed her ties to protect them from me and it destroyed her. After her mother came, I thought she'd soften and she did, just not to me. Claus warned me, yet I failed to listen. I will do all I can to fix this Alpha Loess, on that you have my word."

"Gernick, we love her. You took her and it ripped our world apart. That's not something I'm sorry will fix. But I believe you're genuine, and I'll help as much as I can, but please, don't take them from us again." Javon pleaded. His job was to protect the pack. However, it seemed there pack had adopted some unconventional members, and after speaking with Gernick, he had to find a way to help him as well.

Gernick was speechless, thinking, He is willing to try and help me. These wolves are amazing, I see why she loves them so selflessly.

Gernick nodded, accepting the proverbial olive branch that was offered, "Thank you Alpha, thank you."

Back in Nicolette's room, one of the nurses brought some clothes for Kyra and Nina held her as she cried. Seeing that man made her so angry. He thought he could speak to her and she'd forgive him, NO!.

"Kyra, I'm alright and I'm safe now. He won't hurt me. He can't hurt me anymore," Nicolette explained. "Kyra listen, please sweetheart let the anger go. It's not healthy. I don't know how to explain, but I trust him. I trust him to take care of me, of us." She smiled. Kyra was confused, "How? Aunt Nicky, you were so scared."

"Kyra, do you feel safe with Malcolm? Do you trust him to protect you, care for you?" she asked quietly. Kyra nodded, "Because he is your mate. He is the one person in the world for you."

Nicky chuckled and hugged her tightly for a second, "Well, despite everything, Gernick is my mate and I accepted him. Despite all of the boneheaded decisions he made, He had a reason. He won't hurt me, because he loves me. Kyra, do you understand?" The young woman nodded, and held her aunt close.

"I understand, but I wish someone nicer was your mate." She griped.

Nicolette laughed and said, "I would crush a nice guy."

Javon sat with Gernick talking. The whole while they talked he recalled meeting them. He never mentioned it, but he wanted to ask why they let him live. As they talked Gernick went silent as if he needed to say something. Then he spoke of a time long ago, "I remember when we met years ago when you were a pup. You held your own, even after we tried to humiliate you by tying you to a tree, Garrick left and came back with that dog, and I knew you'd perish. But you defeated him. Javon, I let you live because, you overcome great odds to survive. You were strong, a warrior. It's good to see that I was right."

Javon was stunned speechless. "Well, I-"

"Don't thank me. I was an ass. I still am an ass, but I have two weaknesses, her and my son. She loves this pack; you are her family. For that alone I will protect you. I promise not to keep her from you, unless it is danger to her or you."

*****

The nurse came in, and checked Nicolette's vitals. They took the baby back to the nursery and she was informed that Dr. Kim was on her way. Kim came in and everyone greeted her. She asked them to leave and let her check Nicolette. "Well, Nicolette. You have healed. There is no reason to keep you here, unless you want to stay," she asked. If she hesitated about leaving, she'd alert Elise.

Nicky smiled. "You saved my life and my son's life and I thank you. But I'm not in danger from him. He is an egotistical, overbearing, hardheaded, annoying know-it-all, but he loves us. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. He won't hurt us. We'll be fine."

Kim nodded. "OK, but I want you and the baby to stay at least a week before you leave. I want to check both of you, and then we'll talk about follow up visits."

Nicky loved this place, every member. So she nodded and agreed. "Ok, let's get you guys a place to stay for a week and we'll go from there." Kim added."

"They'll stay with us. We can help Nicky with the baby, and she and Nina can catch up." Thaddeus offered. Kyra was right behind him. "Please Aunt Nicky he can sleep in the nursery with Theo, and we can help take care of you."

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers