Sheeple Ch. 02

Story Info
Life gets interesting for Kate and Eric.
10.2k words
4.79
14.4k
12

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/14/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chocolate cake... First off, this is actually the second Shifter story in my vault of stories. I've pulled this one out and cleaned it up a bit. I didn't have all of my 'Universe' set in stone, and still don't. Secondly, understand that I base many of my characters on people I know. If my mundane friends only knew! :) The character Eric is partially based on my dear partner Wolf, who I had just met. I didn't know about his chocolate allergy, which was later incorporated into the characters in MTJAFT and other stories. The allergy is also mentioned deep in the story. Can't remember if it is in this part or part 3. So, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Vote and comment please! It helps me as a writer and helps clear up issues. :)

Jaisen


Eric sat back in the chair, and held the hand that Kate extended to him.

"So what happened when all the screaming and shouting stopped?"

"Well, she started throwing all of my stuff out of the house. I ignored her and dressed my leg up again as it had started to bleed through the bandage. I picked up my stuff and put it in the truck. Then I left the house. I had to hope she wouldn't hurt the children while I took care of business."

"Business? What did you do Eric?"

"Something I don't regret."

"Eric?"

"I went back to the big house and called the boss out onto the porch. I told him what I thought of him and then I shifted."

"Um, what happened?" Kate tried to picture this in her head.

"He had been laughing, and when I shifted, he screamed. Then he pulled his gun."

"Oh!"

"He never got a chance to pull the trigger. I took his throat out. Then I buried him up in the hills where no one ever found him. Cleaned up the porch, threw away my jeans and went back to the house."

"Threw away the jeans? Why didn't you just wash them?" Kate was puzzled.

"If you shift in clothing, it gets shredded. There wasn't enough left of them to wash."

"Oh. So you strip off to shift," She was trying to fit things together in her mind.

"Yes."

"What happened then with your wife? The ranch?"

"By the time I got home, she had all of her stuff packed and was sitting in the kitchen. She yelled at me and said things I never expected to hear from her or any woman. I tried to talk to her and explain that I was still the same man, and...."

"And she refused to deal with it," Kate finished for him. She held his hand more firmly.

"Exactly. So, I went back to the ranch house in the morning and found the strong box. I knew that there was a fair amount of cash to hand and took it. I divided it up and gave her about $2000. That left me with about $2500 which I figured was fair. She wasn't going to take the children. I put everyone in the truck that morning and we left the ranch. Left it looking like we'd just be gone a few days."

"So, that's why you only had clothes and a few other possessions." Things fell into place.

"Yes. I dropped her off in Cheyenne and then sold the truck. Bought that little VW thing and headed South."

"But you said you were heading North when you showed up at the shelter."

"Yes. I went clear to New Mexico and realized that I couldn't live there."

"Why?" Kate asked.

"Wolves need mountains and empty spaces. I couldn't find what I needed there. Then again, didn't realize that I'd find what I was looking for here."

"Now, why didn't she want her children? Especially Mark?"

"She 'knew' that they'd be wolves, and that they were some sort of monsters." Disgust tinted his voice.

"But they aren't. Jamie may shift, but certainly not Mark. I can see a lot of his mom in him."

Eric nodded. "Jamie is certainly going to have the family trait. Mark on the other hand... he's afraid of me."

"No Eric, he is just a little boy who's been through a lot."

"No, I can smell it on him. I realized that about a week after we left the ranch. It was the same smell his mother had. She wouldn't even kiss them goodbye."

"Argh! Some people!" Kate said with vehemence in her voice.

"Yes.After we left New Mexico, we headed North, and that was when the car died. I wasn't sure what to do as money was getting really tight. So when the Sheriff pulled up, I figured it was time to let fate deal the cards. He was very nice and brought us to you."

"And now I know why you looked so wounded." Kate let go of his hand and moved forward to hug him again. He stood so that he could put his arms around her as well.

Eric looked down at her face. "You have no idea of how nervous I was. Especially when you invited us up for dinner. I was afraid of not knowing enough about you. You're so open at work, yet very private. I was relived when the boys outed you. And yet I was still nervous."

"Yes, you were. I knew that there were things you weren't saying, but wasn't sure what." Then something dawned on her. "You shifted that night! It was you that took the bones off of my dresser!" She was smiling as she said it.

"Guilty." He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a small piece of bone. It was well chewed on one end. He handed it to her.

Kate took the bone and started laughing. "Oh! Oh! And that explains why your teeshirt had grease all over it. I knew it was suppose to be a clean one and never figured out how it had gotten dirty."

"I... um... I ate the bones on top of the clothes, and didn't realize it was so messy. Sometimes when you are in animal form, you aren't always as cognizant as you'd want to be," he said a bit shyly.

"Oh! And that would explain the panicked look on your face that morning when Jamie insisted that you'd been out for rabbits. Does she realize that you shift?"

"No, I know that she doesn't know on an active level. However, I suspect that she dreams of hunting. I just haven't dared bring it up. She is so precocious that I can't trust what she will say to others."

"That could be a real problem when she goes to school in a few weeks."

"Yes."

"By the way, when do you lycanthropes start shifting?"

"Usually at puberty. Girls with their first moon blood. Boys are a little harder to predict. Most of us can tell though because the pheromones change and it has a real effect on those that can smell them."

"Pheromones eh?" Kate was thinking about what he'd said. "So, just before the first shift, Jamie or Mark will suddenly start smelling really good?"

"Yes."

"Can non-lycanthropes smell this?"

"I'm not sure. I never got the chance to ask their mom. Although, she did say I always smelled good."

"Hmmmm." Kate moved closer to Eric. She smelled his shirt at her nose level, about dead center on his chest. Standing on tiptoes, she smelled the base of his throat, moved up behind one ear and then over to the other. "You smell like chocolate, baking chocolate. Cinnamon and...and... " she giggled. "Dog." Kate giggled harder.

Eric went red in the face. "That is so not fair!" he said. Then he bent down and sniffed her throat. No fear. She giggled as he sniffed.

"What do I smell like?" She was still giggling.

"Onions,... sweet grass, a bit like me because we've been hugging. And, don't laugh, dog," He had a smile on his face that made her wonder what he was thinking.

"Well, the boys do say that the only time I panic is when the onion bin is empty."

It was Eric's turn to laugh. "I can believe that. I don't think that I've eaten a meal yet that you haven't put onions in. Except for that lovely cake of yours."

Kate smiled. "So, if Jamie suddenly starts smelling like cinnamon chocolate cookies, we do what?"

Eric blinked. "We?"

"Yes, we. I have to admit that I just don't see you as a single parent Eric. So, I figure that I'll probably be called to help." Then she realized that what she said could be taken another way. Too late..... so she just let the words stay.

"We... um, probably better go camping. When I hit puberty, the men took you out and let you shift. Some don't make it. Others never shift back. The rest learn to cope with a dual nature."

"How do you deal with the deaths or disappearances?"

"It was easy back home. Most people knew which families were lycanthropic. So, if they died, we had a funeral. If they disappeared, we just dealt with it like you would if someone moved. Some people ended up with a new dog. Most importantly, no one hunted wolves."

"Now, a small change of subject."

"Alright." It was his turn to wonder where the conversation was going to go.

"Earlier this evening, we talked about our mutual attraction. And you said you wanted to tell your story before I said anything."

"Yes. And in spite of hugs and sniff tests, I still need to hear what is in your head." And in your heart he thought.

"Eric, I will be honest with you. Part of your story sounds outrageous. And yet, I believe you. I haven't seen you as a wolf, and wouldn't go so far as to say I wouldn't panic the first time you shift. However, you are the first man in years that has even made me think to open up my life again. My boys like you. Hell, they practically told us to go get laid earlier."

"Yes, they weren't exactly subtle." He remembering hearing more than they realized.

"So, even after hearing what you had to say, I would like to see what its like to live again." She moved closer into his arms.

"Kate, are you sure?"

"Yes," she said and brought her lips up to his.

Eric bent down to kiss Kate. Her lips were sweet and warm. It had been far too long for both of them. Hands explored backs as they kissed.

Eric broke the kiss first. "Kate, what will we tell the boys? My kids?" he asked as he caught his breath.

Kate looked up at him. "My boys? Well, probably that I decided to get a life." She smiled at him. "Your children, nothing yet. They are use to being here. Let's just give it a bit of time. If we need, we just tell them that we like each other a lot and see what they say."

"Sounds okay. They certainly took our move from the ranch better than I thought they would."

Kate moved out of his arms for a moment and moved across the room. "I think we probably aught to close the door though."

"Yes."

*

He took her in his arms and just held her tight. They were laying on the bed amidst the pillows. He was trying to move slowly. It had been less than a year for him, but more than four years for Kate.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked.

Kate rolled a little on her side to see his face better. "Yes. You have no idea of how much I miss being touched."

"Andy said something to that effect, but I didn't understand."

"I'm an empath. A healer. To not be touched is like being deaf. Like never hearing music or taste chocolate. Deprivation." She ran her hands across his shirt and down his arm.

"Like me not being able to shift." He was grasping for a comparison.

"Probably." She moved her lips to his face. "And my children know me far too well."

Eric smiled. He leaned forward and kissed her. She responded with kisses and nibbles along his lips, down his throat and across his collarbone. "Oohh," he moaned.

"You taste so good." Her voice was low against his collarbone.

Eric had a thought cross his mind for a split second and then lost all thoughts as she nibbled his ear. His hand took on a mind of its own and ran across her arm, coming to rest on her breast. Soft and warm. She moved towards him and his hand shifted towards her hip. She continued to lick and kiss his face and neck, his own lips trying to match hers.

His hand slid under her shirt and the warmth of her skin amazed him. Her own hands had found their way under his shirt. No, she had unbuttoned it. When had she done that? It didn't matter, because his own hand had just found her nipple through the material of her bra.

"Errric, hold on a minute." She moved back from their embrace. Eric worried for a split second that he'd moved too fast, only to realize that she was taking her shirt off as well as her bra. He shook his own shirt off and laid back down with her in his arms.

"This is better. I've wanted to touch your chest for weeks. Ever since I saw you with your shirt off in the yard when you were helping the boys with the front garden," she whispered. She was running her fingertips over his chest. "You're much softer than I thought."

"So are you." His hands caressed her nipple, making it tighten up. His hands then traced down her breast and across her stomach. Fine stretch marks marred the skin. As his fingers traced them, she stiffened.

"What?"

"I...umm.," she started.

"You've had four children. Don't worry about it. Those make you beautiful in their own way." He bent down and kissed her skin.

"Its just been so long and, I'm nervous."

"You aren't the only one."They both giggled nervously. She rolled to turn off the bedside lamp which gave off soft light in the room.

"Don't. I like looking at you."

It was Kate's turn to blush. "Gods! I can go sky clad to ritual, and yet am finding myself shy about being semi-nude in bed.

Eric grinned. "Well, then there is only one thing to do."

"What?" Kate was wondering what he was thinking.

"Get naked." He stood up. Kicking off his shoes, he undid his belt and dropped his trousers. He was back on the bed, pulled off his socks and next to her before she could think. "I think you have too many clothes on Kate." He smiled.

"Ah, umm... yes." She swallowed hard. She stood and got out of her jeans after she'd taken off her sandals. She laid down next to Eric and tried to keep a bit of space between them. It was silly.

"I haven't been with a man in so long."

"I know. It's okay. If you get uncomfortable, we can stop."

"Oh yeah, I doubt that." A wry smile danced across her face.

"Ok. Next question. Do we need birth control?"

"No. I'm fixed. Unless you're worried about anything else."

"No. Lycanthropes are a healthy lot. Plus, I've not had any partners since my marriage ended."

"Ah. okay. So, where were we?"

"I think we were here." He started kissing her stomach and letting his hands wander down her thighs.

"Oh yes," she moaned as his kisses reached the round bit of her stomach below her belly button. Her hands traced lazy circles across his back.

Eric stopped just short of her pubic bone and then kissed his way back up to her lips. Slow down, he thought. Their lips met and their hands on the other's body pulled them closer together. She gave a small gasp as the hard length of him met her stomach. Her hand left his waist and traveled down until she touched him. It was his turn to gasp. Her fingers were light and the touch nearly took his control.

Kate enjoyed the feel of him in her hand. So long since she had touched a man. She enjoyed the touch of soft skin and wiry hair. Her fingers drifted over his balls and back again. He quivered as her touch shifted. She began kissing her own way down his chest.

Eric felt where her lips were headed and couldn't hold back a low moan. When her lips feathered over his belly button, he reached out to touch her and found his hand on her back. Firm muscles under the soft skin moved under his touch.

Kate brought her hand up to move him aside so she could kiss the soft skin at the very base. Eric groaned. Slowly, she kissed up the shaft until she could kiss the very top of him. Her lips opened and she slowly took him in her mouth. So soft, so hard, and soon very wet as she slid up and down over him. Eric moaned and his hips arched.

"Kate, hold on," he whispered.

Kate looked up and then turned to kiss him one last time. She moved back up to Eric's face, letting her breasts move up his body. He shuddered and then his fingers found her. She was wet and he teased her with his fingers until she couldn't lay still. He started to roll off of his side, and got as far as his back. Kate moved over him and with a bit of assistance, guided him into her. It was Kate's turn to arch her back.

"Oh. My. Gods," she moaned softly. "Too long. Oh too long."

Eric nodded in agreement as their bodies began to work together in a rhythm. With her sitting astride him, he played with her breasts. Rolling her nipples lightly between his fingers sent shivers up her body. Her thrusts became more urgent as did his. Kate felt the heat building. She had wanted this to last, but realized that neither one of them was going to do so. Eric moved his hands from her breasts to her hips, helping drive the rhythm of their lovemaking. She looked down at him, his neck arched and his tongue just licking his top lip. She smiled, realizing she was biting her own bottom lip.

Suddenly, Eric increased his thrusts and she realized that there was no more time. Her orgasms rolled over them and brought him within seconds of her. They shuddered, gasped and moaned. Kate arched one more time and then slowly slid to one side of Eric on the bed. They laid there trying to catch their breaths.

"Do you think the whole house heard us?" she finally gasped.

"No, but we'll do better next time." That made them both giggle. Kate grabbed the quilt at the end of the bed and pulled it up over them. Seconds later, they were both asleep in each others arms.

*

Andy got up early and when he walked into the living room, he found Jamie and Mark asleep on the couch. They were covered up and snugged in, so they hadn't just arrived. He looked around and didn't see Eric. Maybe Eric had dropped them off. Andy headed for his mom's room to see what to feed the kids when they woke.

"Mom," Andy called softly. No answer, so he did as he usually did and just opened the door. To his surprise, there was Eric and his mom, curled up in the middle of a pile of pillows and wrapped in one of the quilts. "Oh... oops! Sorry Mom," Andy said before he could stop himself.

Kate woke with a start, and stared owlishly at Andy who was trying not to giggle. He had already blushed as red as his hair. "Oh!" Kate scrambled to make sure all the important bits were covered. Trying to compose herself, she only succeeded in waking up Eric. Now he too was blinking at Andy who was still giggling in the doorway.

"Andy, come in and close the door," she whispered.

Andy did as she asked, and when the door was closed, he finally got control of his laughter. "Mom, what do you want me to feed the two little ones for breakfast?"

"Eggs, cereal, I don't know." She was sleepy and still flustered.

"Ok. Oh, and what am I suppose to say about this?" Andy said as he gestured towards the scattered clothing and them.

"Umm... Nothing yet. We... we aren't exactly sure where we are going with."

"Oh Mom, relax. We don't care, but let's not shock the kids. Shall I take them to the park while you two get cleaned up?"

Kate looked relieved at the suggestion. "Yes. Please. Thank you Andy."

"Yes, thanks Andy. I owe you one," Eric said, his head still pillowed on Kate's shoulder.

Andy smiled at Eric. "You still owe me one from a while back."

"What?"

"Don't assume that just because you think you're quiet, that the guy you walk around is asleep," Andy said with a smile.

"You knew?" Eric was surprised.

"Hell yes. I sleep outside a lot, and know every animal that passes through the yard. You were new. Plus, that was a neat trick with the door. However, you loose points for crunching the bones on the back porch," Andy said with a devilish smile.

Eric slapped his hand to his forehead. "Shit!" He shook his head. "Thanks for not saying anything. Thanks for giving me the time to talk to your mom about it."

"Not a problem. I know some guys that shift like you. Hell, they're embarrassed half the time when it happens. Others are just too nervous to say anything. Doesn't bother me any. Just glad you finally told Mom. Otherwise, I'd have said something."

"Thanks again Andy."

Andy nodded and then left the room. Kate and Eric could hear him starting to cook in the kitchen. She figured he'd let them know when the coast was clear. Meanwhile, it gave them time to talk.