Shell Game

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Michelle closed her eyes and sighed. "No, I was leaving Mike anyway. He used to make me laugh, and it was fun exploring my submissive side, but he is a man without a conscience. I wasn't kidding when I said they would be perfect for each other."

"Then why?

Her face looked stricken. "it was my fault," she whispered, avoiding his eyes.

Trav's brow furrowed. "What was your fault?"

"When I met you, I couldn't stop talking about you to Courtney. I thought she was my best friend, and I told her who you really were. It's my fault she got her hooks in you. If I had just told you what she was really like, you wouldn't have believed me. I had to make it right."

Michelle nodded to herself. "I had to make it right," she repeated.

Trav looked at her and frowned. "You were also right about me planning to cut myself off from family funds."

Michelle said nothing.

"And you were right about me detesting manipulation."

"I know." MIchelle crossed her arms in front of her chest, and held herself as the autumn air suddenly seemed colder. She had succeeded, but she had known the price would be high. Courtney and Travis were broken up. She had atoned for her mistake, but only by becoming someone that Travis would hate. Michelle had reconciled herself to this outcome when the plan had first occurred to her weeks ago, but that didn't make Trav's contempt any less painful.

"You were wrong about only one thing."

Michelle looked at him, waiting.

"What I hate about my Dad's manipulation, and what offends me about Courtney's, is the selfishness. Neither of them gives a fuck about whether I want the life they want for me. You, however, are the first person I have ever met that seems to want me to be the person I want to be. You were manipulating me to help make that happen."

He looked at her thoughtfully, and she saw a small smile on his lips. "I could use more of that kind of manipulation in my life. Are you free next Saturday?"

"What?" Her heart palpitated. She must have heard wrong.

"Are you free Saturday? I would like to take you out for dinner."

Michelle's mouth gaped as her heart soared, and when realized what this meant she was able able to show an unforced smile for the first time in six months. She had been so sure she had lost him, yet he understood. He understood.

She wiped a tear from her eye. "Yes." She nodded -- too eagerly she thought, but she could tell by Travis's reaction that it flattered him. "Yes, I would like that very much."

A thought occurred to her, and her smile broadened. "But you have to promise me something."

Trav looked at her expectantly.

Michelle stood, and walked up to Trav with a bounce back in her step. She reached her hand up to touch his face. Her smile shined before she spoke. "No sandwiches"

---

This had been an unusual night for Mike. Trav had asked him to switch costumes at the last minute, which was annoying, but was the type of accommodation Mike knew kept him riding the low-rent gravy train. Then during the party, he was approached by Courtney, or someone dressed like Courtney, who lead him to the guest bedroom. Mike had thought Courtney finally wanted to climb Mount Michael, and had been shocked when the mask came off and it was Michelle, who then proceeded to break up with him.

He had tried insisting that she wasn't the one who got to decide when they were through, but she had merely walked away. He tried physically intimidating her by blocking the exit, but she had called his bluff, asking how long Trav would let him live here if she showed up the next morning with bruises on her wrists or a black eye.

The bitch had some spine after all. It had been an unwelcome discovery. He lost his taste for the party, and headed up to his bedroom to study. The room looked and smelled like a couple of drunk guests had recently fucked themselves silly, amd there was a sliced up corset on the floor. Mike threw the corset away, and changed the sheets, swearing under his breath at the selfish bastards who had so abused his bedroom. Mike was sitting down to study when there was a knock on his door.

It was Courtney, bearing a sandwich on a plate. She said nothing, but merely walked in his room, set the sandwich on his nightstand, and sidled up next to him with lust in her eyes.

Mike could only assume she had heard about the breakup and had decided to upgrade boyfriends. He sat back on his bed, and without a word, Courtney began removing his pants.

College is about discovering yourself, and after being unceremoniously dumped by his supposed-doormat of a girlfriend only an hour previously, Mike discovered he really liked having Courtney suck his cock while she fed him a ham and swiss on white, with no mustard.

---

The End

Author's Note: Yes, this is the same Courtney from Might Have Been, having another interesting Halloween. Thanks for reading. Please vote, comment or send a message letting me know what you thought.