Shift Work Pt. 02

Story Info
Distance cracks the will and heart.
1.7k words
3.79
10.4k
1
1

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/12/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 4

His week had been very productive and he began believing that he could very well settle with this new job. Though the thought would not be pleasant to his lover, he would have to assure her that this was it and hope she would continually support him. He received his first pay and was shocked to see the amount. 'I'm definitely taking her out to dinner,' he thought.

He arrived home a little tired and happy to finally be able to hold his love once more. Again he was not greeted at the door but began to think nothing of it, after all, he didn't tell her she 'had' to meet him every time, though he thought she missed him enough to jump right in his arms on first sight. He made his way into the kitchen for a much needed drink and seeing that the coffee was made, helped himself to a cup. He then settled in the living room when she came out to meet him.

She was wearing only one if his dress shirts and no pants or skirt. "Missed me that much did you?" He grinned as he looked her over. She mumbled an agreement nodding her head with a seductive smile. He hugged her and suddenly felt her breathing was somewhat rushed. Perhaps she ran from the bedroom or somewhere to come and greet him.

"Is everything alright? You seem a little flushed." He asked her curiously. Again she nodded and tried to sit with him on the couch. He wouldn't budge and again looked her over, reaching down with a swift motion and raising the bottom of the shirt she wore; she was bare underneath. He fixed to her eyes sternly and not saying a word.

Finally, he said, "Are you sure?" She nodded, said yes and hugged him. His hand found the spot he intended to reach for and cupped her pussy. It was unusually damp; as if she had been pleased very recently. He let go of her and held her at arm's length, his stern look changing to anger. "Something you feel like telling me?" He would not loosen his grip on her arms. Something was going on here and he feared the answer but needed to know.

"I was a little excited and decided to gratify myself." She said with her head lowered.

"You knew I was coming home, you couldn't wait I take it?" His tone was becoming more sharp and fierce. She looked back up at him and she still showed that she was hiding something, it was the same small look she had the weekend previous.

"What's so wrong with that?" She replied, raising her voice as well in an attempt at defence. "You can gratify yourself when you're alone, and what, I can't?" She broke free of his grip and stepped back.

He hung his head for a moment then faced her again, teeth clenched, his mind racing as fast as his heart rate. "No, there's nothing wrong with it, I just don't believe 'You' did it." He finally said, knowing the implications of his statement. She gasped in disbelief, her hand flew to her mouth and she was silent.

She turned and began to walk away from him with a hasted pace towards the bedroom. He called out to her, "Where are you going? I'm not finished discussing this." She merely made a gesture behind her telling him to hold on a minute and she disappeared. When he saw the woman come in with his lover, arm in arm, he screamed out. "What the hell is this?"

Again she raised her finger to him in a hold on a second gesture and the two sat down. "You fucking bitch." He mumbled under his breath.

The woman looked at him and said in a strong tone, "Don't you dare call her a bitch." She set her hand on his lover's lap, giving her a comforting gesture.

"You better not say another word or I'll have you out of this house." He retorted and faced his lover. "Who the hell is this? What the hell's been going on while I'm not here?" There was more anger in his voice now; clearly he was not impressed by the scene before him.

"Please, stop and listen to me wont you?" His lover begged. "I'll tell you everything but please calm down." She continued. He remained standing and crossed his arms, eyes locked to who should have been 'his' lover. He let out a disapproving sigh and waited.

She introduced the woman to him, told him they had met a week and a half ago and they became very close and intimate. She had always been curious about being with a woman though she didn't tell him and now she felt comfortable with this one. Her intention was to present her to him in a way that the three of them would accept and maybe they'd become some sort of threesome on occasion. His discovery of what had happened threw her plan off course and now she needed to improvise a lot.

"I've tried so hard to understand why you accepted this job and its salary but I just couldn't come to grip with it, having you gone for so long." She resumed her explanations and he stood motionless, waiting for the truth. "I hate this job."

"We talked about it." He replied. "I did everything I could to assure you we would work thru it. You said you would support my choice." He ended with an angry tone.

She lowered her head and nodded, then continued her story of the woman. "When I told her about how I felt about your job, she comforted me. It was nice, though it was not you; it still felt like it was what I needed at the time." At this point the woman cuddled up to her and rested her head on her shoulder.

"So what exactly did you intend to do about this?" He pointed at the woman who glared at him for having referred to her as a thing. "Was this supposed to be a surprise? Because it certainly was though not likely as you had hoped."

"I hoped," and here she managed to look him in the eyes finally, "that she could be a part of our relationship; the three of us." His eyes opened wide at the thought. He looked over at the woman, glancing at her up and down; he found her attractive and could not deny it though the situation he walked into was not at all how his lover should have introduced a third player in their relationship.

"The flaw in your idea was doing whatever it was you were doing on the day I was coming home." He finally spoke. "You betrayed me, and with a woman!" The two did not notice his fists clenching and unclenching as his anger surged thru him. "What were you thinking?" He yelled out at her.

She stood and faced him; again she pleaded against his anger and tried to calm him. "I didn't want to keep it a secret from you. Don't you get that?" He leaned closer to her and with a fierce grimace on his face whispered to her through clenched teeth.

"And here you are sleeping with her behind my back!"

"Maybe I shouldn't have come on to her today but it happened." The woman intervened. "She wanted us to meet tonight." A hand shot out and one finger pointed directly at her. "Don't point that thing at me; I have a right to defend her if I want."

"Shut up or get the hell out!" He growled at the woman. His lover grabbed at his arm and made him face her. Her saddened look begged him to calm down but it wasn't enough.

"I wanted us to be together, to have fun together." She let slip a tear and tried difficultly to keep strong; she was not successful and the tears began to flow slowly. "I didn't want to fight. It was meant to be something special for us."

He shrugged her off, loosening her grip on his arm and stepped back out of her range. "I can't believe you," he whispered. "Then why sleep with her yourself if she was supposed to be part of a threesome?"

"Because," the woman attempted to answer and he cut her off.

"I thought I told you to shut up." He yelled at her. She looked exasperated and finally stood.

"Screw this." She took his lover in an embrace and kissed her cheek softly. "It probably would have been fun as you said but I don't deserve this." His lover's eyes were reddening with tears while she stared silently at her companion, she shook her head realizing that the woman was about to walk out on them both. "And you don't either sweetie." The woman ended and turned towards the door.

"No!" she screamed. "Don't leave." She choked out.

"Yes, please do." He retorted as he watched her.

His love stood before him shaking, unable to accept the situation and finally mustered enough strength to face him. "If she leaves, I go with her."

He was shocked. He stood, uncertain of what had just happened and let his mouth fall open. "This is serious!" He managed to whisper. She looked him square in the face and nodded. The woman waited at the door, not so surprised and pleased to see her new companion finally standing up for herself. She knew he had not seen her grin.

"I guess I gave you enough time to consider this, with all the work I had been doing." He hung his head and let out a defeated sigh. Then, standing tall and arms crossed once more, he faced her and shown such a serious look about him that she had never seen before.

"I want you both gone when I return!" He told her in the coldest of tones and he walked to the door, the woman let him some room to open it and he disappeared.

He returned the following day to see she had packed all her things and left. "I hate this damn job too." He whispered.