Shifting Fortunes Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wait 'til you see what's inside," he grinned, happy to see her smiling again. Together they quickly sorted through what was useful, and came up with a small pile of things that they could use. An old pair of man's sweats, chewed by rodents, but still wearable; Jake immediately donned those, draping his rug around Sam's shoulders.

There was also the rusty knife, the flint, six matches left in the box Jake found, along with two half-used candles, a tin of salt, a decent, hole-less pot, a couple of lengths of old rope and the two other blankets. Not talking, the both quietly set to work on their jobs; Sam setting up their beds for the night on the floor of the hut and readying the fire, while Jake retrieved and expertly cut the hind legs and back steaks from the deer.

It was nearing late afternoon when the pleasant smell of salted venison was searing over the crackling fire. It was a gorgeous smell, Sam thought, her stomach snarling viciously, mouth watering as she watched the tender meat cook. Jake watched the firelight flicker over her face, highlighting golden strands in her blonde hair. It made his heart ache how beautiful and vulnerable she was. He vowed to kill the bastards who were so hell bent on chasing her. Mine, he thought fiercely.

*******************

Hey all, thanks so much for reading and voting on this story. I'm sorry this post is a little late coming, had a few distractions enter my life (including a wee puppy who is a little terror and a complete time waster! hee hee) Please vote and comment, I just love to read what you all have to say. Thanks for being patient while I set up the story line - I didn't want to rush Jake and Sam together, but get ready for it to heat up in the next chapter which is already under way ;o)

SS xx