Shipwrecked

Story Info
She finds her dream man on a private island.
11.1k words
4.68
61.2k
40

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/16/2022
Created 06/10/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Indigo21
Indigo21
21 Followers

She couldn't walk another step. She was soaked to the bone and the salt from the seawater was making her itch. The cold water was also responsible for her stiff muscles that were screaming for her to stop and rest. But she knew she couldn't, if she stopped she might not get going again. She'd read all the books about survival; if she stopped she would probably fall asleep, if she fell asleep she might never wake up again.

Someone has to live around here! I saw the dock earlier. She would have seen the smoke too if the misty drizzle hadn't cut the visibility in half. Of course if she had seen the smoke she would have seen the shore and wouldn't have wrecked her boat. The worst part about it was that no one knew she had gone out sailing. If she died no one would think to look for her for days. The price I pay for running.

She continued to walk until her legs couldn't carry her anymore. Her knees buckled and she barely felt the sting of rock scraping at her palms her body was so numb. Curling into a ball she thought to herself, I'm just going to rest here for a minute. I won't fall asleep. I'll be fine in a few minutes and keep going. Just a few minutes...a few minutes became hours.

She dreamed of dogs barking and of a man's soothing voice telling her everything was going to be fine, that she was safe. She felt like she was floating, drifting on nothingness. Only to softly land on a bed of feathers that lifted and surrounded her in warmth. She dreamed of fingers of sunshine smoothing over her arms and her back, loosening tight muscles and soothing away fears.

She felt like a duck roasting in an oven. Her hand blindly searched over what was causing such warmth. She felt something close to silk against her fingertips. Since touching it felt so wonderful she let her fingers trail deeper into it until she came up against a firm barrier. It felt like skin. But that was impossible; she was alone in the woods. Dismissing it as a dream she decided to go with it. She flattened her palm against the silk and warmth, letting her hand glide over it, trailing lower until she felt something much more coarse. Her fingers quested further to find what felt like satin wrapped around something hard. Curiosity made her hand close around it.

"You're in deep water if you keep that up." That voice was too clear to be a dream. Her hand shot up to his chest to lever her self up and look at whom she was draped over. Her eyes met a man's face. He was relaxed, his eyes at half-mast and a slight smile on his lips.

"Who?" She croaked. Her voice was hoarse and her throat burned. "Who are you?"

"My name is Mark." As he spoke he slowly lifted his hand to brush a lock of hair that had fallen forward, tucking it behind her ear. "What do you remember?" He asked softly.

She was vaguely aware that he was stroking her back. It felt right, familiar. She didn't know that he had been there all night stroking and rubbing her aches and pains. Giving her warmth to keep her alive.

"A storm came out of no where. I was headed back to this little nitch I'd found earlier to moor the boat. I was going to wait it out and head back to one of the harbours in the morning. I'd started to bring in the sails so I could just motor in. A gust of wind caught me off guard when I was bringing in the Genoa." The expression on her face showed that she was indeed reliving her night of terror. She began to tremble as if cold. "The jib was ripped out of my hands and the sheet wrapped around part of the mast. If I didn't cut it loose I wouldn't be able to bring in the main. I grabbed a knife and bellied my way to the mast. But when I cut the rope the boat pitched." The memories of fear flowed though her, shaking her to the core. She could have been hit in the head and drowned. She had been so lucky.

"It all happened so fast! I brought my arms up just in time to block the boom from hitting my head. It threw me over board... after that I don't remember swimming to shore... or how I got here." She looked away from him as she reached for some thread of control.

"One of my dogs found you laying unconscious in the woods not far from the house. You were so cold your lips had turned blue. I brought you back here and got you out of those wet clothes and under the covers." He watched her blush as she realized that they were both naked. "The blankets weren't enough so I climbed in with you. You could've died last night."

If I don't get out of this bed right now I'm going to end up kissing her. Good way to make an uncomfortable situation worse. My questions about what she was doing out there all alone will have to wait for later... He slid his arm out from under her and slipped out of bed. As he stood up he grabbed the towel he'd used to dry her luscious body off and wrapped it around his waste. Remembering how she had looked in the soft light from the bedside lamp made his blood rush out of his head into his loins. So he wouldn't frighten her he kept his body turned away from her as he spoke.

"Well at least now I know how you came by those bruises on your arms." she gasped in shock when she looked at the purple bands on the sides of her arms. "Ah, your throat must be killing you. How about some tea or soup? You must be hungry?"

"Umm yeah. That would be great, ah and maybe something to put on?" she watched him with eyes shaded by her lashes. She could see the muscles of his back and shoulders rippling as he moved around. She saw strength and power, and yet remembered how he had gently caressed her. He could really hurt me...she thought. But despite her fears she had to bite her lip to keep from asking him to come back to bed so she could touch him more.

He tossed her a quick look over his shoulder and stifled a groan. She looked so damn sexy. Her sun streaked blond locks were in curly disarray around her face. She was biting her lower lip and had a slight flush to her skin. Her hand was clutching the sheets to her breasts. Hmm think of a cold shower Mark. Get it together!

"Sure thing. Just give me a few minutes to find something that you won't swim in. I'll be back." And with that he grabbed a pair of jeans off a chair and headed out the door. True to his word he came back shortly. He had a bowl of veggie soup and some tea on a tray, draped over his arm was a shirt of some sort.

"Do you have a name?" he asked, smiling at her as she sat back up. Once again clutching the sheets to her breasts. She watched him set the tray on the bedside table before answering. When he looked back at her with question in his eyes, she smiled slightly to cover her wariness.

"My name is Arianna." Her voice was quiet, shy but husky as well. Mark smiled at her in response. Staring into his eyes Arianna realized how easily she could trust him. I must have hit my head or something... I don't even know him. God I hope he's not attracted to me... I could never defend myself against him.

Mark cleared his throat as he straightened. He averted his eyes and handed her the shirt he had found for her. She hadn't done such a good job of covering herself; a dusty pink nipple teased him from a fold in the sheet. His mouth started to water. At least his jeans covered some of his bulge. I better hide this better or she'll freak out. Mark walked over to his closet and got out a shirt. It was long enough that it would hide anything that the jeans didn't. When he turned back to Arianna she had put on the shirt. It was almost as bad as having her in just sheets. It was a button up shirt with a collar and she was rolling up the extra long sleeves to her wrists, the top three buttons of the shirt were open. Teasing him to want to look underneath. Silently cursing in disgust at himself he looked away.

When Arianna looked up and saw Mark's look of disgust she quickly finished with the sleeves of the oversized shirt and buttoned up two more of the buttons. So much for him being attracted to me, he can't even stand the site of me. It's ok, nothing new to me right.

"Um I'm sure you want to eat, and have a shower. The bathroom is just through the doorway there. There are fresh towels in the cupboards. If you need anything I'll just be out here ok?" There was concern in his voice but when he had looked back at Arianna she had looked like someone had punched her.

"Thanks. I'll do that." And with that he left and she got over hurt that she had no business feeling.

The food and tea helped her throat and stomach. She gingerly shifted out of the bed, her legs still felt like wooden blocks, the muscles tight from the cold. She gritted her teeth against the pain that shot up from her feet as she began to stand up. After a few seconds she attempted the first step. And met the floor with a loud thump.

Mark heard a very unladylike curse shortly after a thump. He rushed into the bedroom to find Arianna attempting to push back into a sitting position. He rushed to her and scooped her up. Her body was tense and he could feel her struggling to push away the pain and stop from crying out. He didn't say anything; he just sat on the edge of the bed and cradled her against him. His hands began to knead the coiled muscles of her thighs. He kissed her forehead when she whimpered from a particularly large knot, whispering soothing nonsense to her. After a while he lifted her again and set her on her feet. He kept a firm hold on her until he was sure her legs wouldn't give out.

"I'll help you get to the shower. There's a bench in it that you can sit on." He gently guided her to the bathroom and had her sit on the ledge by the tub before running the shower for her. She watched him move about the room, his movements were smooth, no wasted energy. "ok the water should be ok. There's a towel hanging just inside the stall so you don't have to reach far. Do you need help getting in?"

"No. I think I can manage now." Her voice was barely a whisper but he still heard her. He crossed the room to her and cupped her chin, lifting her to meet his eyes.

"I'll be close by if you need me." He gave into an urge and let the pad of his thumb caress her bottom lip before leaving her in peace. Arianna let out a shaky breath, her stomach had just flipped and her heart stumbled.

The shower did wonders for her body, but there were still some very stiff muscles. Instead of her usually graceful walk she was awkward and clumsy. Despite the hot shower her feet were still cold and swollen from the walk in wet deck shoes. She quickly searched Mark's dresser for a pair of socks. They were so big on her feet that she had to roll them down to her ankles to keep them on. The heal of the sock was rolled up with the rest of it. As for the shirt, it came down to her knees.

"How very attractive I must look." she muttered to herself as she left the bedroom in search of her rescuer. But instead of Mark she found herself surrounded by two dogs. "Oh aren't you guys cute." She cooed as she bent over to rub and pet, sending the dogs into ecstasy.

"Their names are Hizdawg and Idunno." Mark's voice made her jump. He was so quiet she hadn't heard him come up behind her. She straightened and gave him a sheepish smile.

"I didn't hear you." She appraised his body from head to toe with a slow sweep of her eyes. "You know for someone so big you're awfully quiet."

"I don't need to make a lot of noise. I have these guys to do it for me." He saw the tension in her body and the strain in her jaw. She's probably terrified I'm going to do something to her. "You know, you don't have to be frightened or worried while you're here. I'm a gentleman to the core. You're safe here."

He watched her blue grey eyes widen at what he had say. She quickly looked away from him; a slight flush came to her cheeks. She bit her lower lip, trying to keep the laughter welling up in her from spilling out, but it was no good. A bubbly giggle snuck out before she could cover her mouth. Why am I laughing? It's not funny! I should be terrified of him right? But strangely she wasn't.

"I'm sorry. I can't help it." she looked back to him with laughter in her eyes. "The thought of you hurting me is like the cow jumping over the moon... just pure nonsense." Her laughter subsided as she took a few timid steps closer to him. Without thinking she placed the palm of her hand on his chest.

"I'm not afraid of you. I don't know why, but I'm not." She licked her dry lips before continuing, "but you do make me nervous. I don't know why that is either."

Placing his hand over hers and rubbing her fingers with his thumb, Mark felt a sense of relief wash over him. "I'm glad. I don't like the thought of someone fearing me," he spoke quietly. "Did the tea help your throat? If not I think I have some throat lozenges."

Ariane smiled. "It'll do for now." Reluctantly she freed her hand from his and began pacing the great room of the cabin. "I don't suppose you still have my clothes? Not that I don't appreciate your shirt, but I need to go find what's left of my boat. See if I can salvage anything. And maybe I could use your phone, call my insurance agent to come deal with this. Get me out of your hair faster."

Mark cut off her pacing; stepping in front of her he took her chin in his hand. "You took a beating yesterday. You need to rest. Let me worry about your boat." He felt her breath break as he rubbed his thumb over her bottom lip, swollen from her constant biting. "Let me take care of this, let me take care of you..."

She let out a shaky sigh. She couldn't remember the last time someone had offered to do something for her, let alone ask to take care of her. Oh this is bad. I barely know this guy and he's making my heart melt. Her palms were sweaty, and her knees had become jello. She could hear her heart pounding in her chest and wondered if he heard it too.

"You know I can actually see your mind working away at your answer. Go back to bed and rest. I'll get what I can from the boat ok? Do you remember where your last heading was?" Mark moved his hand to the nape of her neck, kneading at the tight muscles coiled there. He gave a small tug and Ariane leaned into him so he could use both hands to liquefy the knots in her shoulders.

She felt like she was in heaven. "Hmm Mark that feels so wonderful. My whole body aches from the cold still. I never knew I had some of these muscles till I got out of bed this morning." She purred like a cat as Mark smoothed his hands down the centre of her back, circling his thumbs over the knots between her shoulder blades.

Mark felt Arianna's body go limp against him. Her hands came up to his chest, fingers kneading him like a cat. Her head was tilted back; pure ecstasy was washed over her face. Oh my god she is so sweet. She is practically melting under my hands. I wonder if I could get her to let me give her a full body massage. He stifled a groan from that thought. Ok time to go... enough torture for now. But the feel of her skin against him was haunting him. He really wanted to unbutton her shirt and run his fingers down her back with out any barriers; maybe a little oil.

"You know the tub in there is a Jacuzzi. Why don't you indulge yourself while I'm gone? See if you can loosen up some more." Reluctantly Mark eased up on his massage and rested his hands on her shoulders. She looked disappointed, or was he just seeing what he wanted to see. Without thinking he leaned down and brushed a light kiss over the top of her head. He felt her tremble, heard her breath break again.

Ok I'm treading on thin ice here. She is vulnerable, grateful. I'm sure she wouldn't even let me get this close to her if we met under different circumstances. Mark eased Ariane away from him, putting some distance between them. Breaking the intimacy.

"The laundry room is just over there. Your clothes are in the dryer still. Where did you leave your boat?" he asked as he let her go.

Dazed, Arianna stared up at him, then where he had pointed to the laundry. She had to clear her throat before she could answer him. "Umm, I was on the south west of the island I think... maybe closer to the southern tip. She's the Star's End... if she's still afloat there's a duffle bag inside with my other clothes. In a cupboard beside the nav station is a waterproof envelope with the insurance papers in it. I'll need that to get a hold of my agent." She took a deep breath. "You'll have to open up the engine room, the door is the stairs to the hold. I need to know if any water is leaking into the boat. And if you could..."

Mark placed his fingers over her mouth, silencing her. "Don't worry about it... I'll take care of everything." That said he walked over to the doorway, grabbing a gortex coat as he opened the front door. "Feel free to look around while I'm gone. I'll leave the dogs to keep you company. I'll be back in an hour or two." And he was gone.

Arianna turned to look at the fireplace in the room. The two dogs had decided to take a nap in front of it and were practically on top of one another. She couldn't tell where one started and the other ended. Smiling she began to look closer at her surroundings. Sunlight streamed in the windows, making the wood glow like amber. There were big comfy pieces of furniture spread through out the room. Warm colours blended with the cool greens of the forest outside.

She circled the room, touching things as she went. A sculpture made from soapstone, a silver picture frame that held a snap shot of Mark and some unknown person. There were large pillows off to the side of the fireplace. Perfect for leaning on if you snuggled up to the warm firelight on a chilly night.

The fireplace itself was a work of art. The masonry was exquisitely done. The hearth polished granite; the mantle a rich golden wood, oak she presumed. She had a vision of Mark lying in front of it, on his stomach, naked, wearing nothing but firelight and his head cradled in his arms. Arianna saw herself sitting astride his thighs, her hands running up and down the length of his body. Feeling the muscles flex and relax to her touch. As Arianna dreamed of this she felt her nipples harden against the fabric of the cotton shirt. She felt a tug of passion in her stomach, felt it move further down and nestle between her thighs. Startled at the train her thoughts had been on she couldn't help but laugh at herself.

"Of all the times for my sex drive to kick in." Arianna made a sound of frustration as she headed to the laundry room to get her clothes and then on to the bathroom. It had been a few months since her painful break up with her ex. She was still licking her wounds from the pain of finding out that someone who once wanted her so much that he would move heaven and earth to please her suddenly wanted to hurt her with that same passion. He became someone different, a monster. The memory of the beatings she had suffered still brought tears to her eyes.

"Ooohhh. I will not cry. I've cried enough." She sat down on the edge of the tub, rocking herself, chanting the words over and over until she felt under control. When she was feeling calmer she filled the tub and turned on the jets. She saw that Mark had some candles around the edge, a lighter near by. She picked one up and sniffed at it.

"Lang-Lang." She said to herself before lighting them. As she eased into the warm water and bubbling jets she thought to herself that it was kind of strange that a guy would have candles in his bathroom. Let alone ones that smelled of Lang-Lang, an aphrodisiac if she remembered correctly. Mark must be really sensual if he went to the trouble to have these in here. Unless he entertains a lot.

Arianna pushed that thought from her mind, for some reason the thought of him with someone else left her feeling unsettled. Instead she let her mind and hands drift, melting away the stress of the last two days. Her thoughts kept drifting back to Mark's hands and the feel of them on her body. Through the haze of her dreams she remembered him touching her arms and back, placing her fingers inside his mouth to warm them.

Indigo21
Indigo21
21 Followers