Sholan Alliance - AU Bk 04 Ch. 16

Story Info
Based on a series by Lisanne Norman.
6.8k words
4.87
4.5k
00

Part 16 of the 35 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/13/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
654 Followers

Prep for the Assault on the Stealth station

The plans for the attack on the stealth station came together pretty quickly. He and Alaric had flown up to the Fijishi. Most of the reason was to ensure they had utter secrecy for the conversation. When the shuttle arrived aboard the ship they greeted the Commander and ended up in his office, "We are going to try and take over the station. We have seventy or so assault troops which we can call on. It is going to be an ugly assault but we have to get the probe back. We aren't asking you for assistance so much as a safe place to plan the attack."

The Commander flicked his hears and gave both a good nod since he understood what was being said, "I understand since this is an issue which your world needs to deal with." He carefully chose his words for the next comment, "Knowing we need the probe to learn more about the enemy I would suggest the use of several heavy shuttles. We know our stealth tech is much better than yours. We, Sholan's, wouldn't be involved in the actual assault but using our shuttles would improve your chances. We can get closer, give your troops a better chance of making it to the station without being discovered. What sort of stealth does your armor have?"

Alaric took a sip of the pale ale he had been given. After a great deal of thinking he finally replied, "The armor has decent stealth and can be hard to identify unless it is moving at some sort of high speed. For this type of assault, we tend to move slow to keep the chance of being identified low. Granted the closer we can get before getting out of a shuttle or ship the better we'll do. We can do this and have several ships nearby to track any ship which might try and escape. Ike?"

Ike ran his fingers through his thick beard, "Doable, might be hard on the troops but doable. Dump them onto some shuttles or transports, brief them once underway and then attack. We don't have any sort of interior diagram of the station so we can't really plan for that. My troops are some of the best though it is still going to be hard on them. I'm sure Alaric's are much the same. Best armor, best weapons, best training. Still going to be hard on everyone going there. I think in this case we had best use our ships. Keep you from looking like you are trying to interfere in our internal politics." He didn't like that idea but it was the correct way to look at it.

Alaric had to agree with Ike. It didn't matter how good the training was, being dropped into an unknown situation always caused problems. He didn't have any doubts they would succeed but it was going to be painful and they would lose more troops than if they had better intelligence. He didn't like it and what it would do to his troops. They would understand but it didn't make it any easier, "I have to agree. We need to use our ships for this. If you want to have a fighter or shuttle close that is your choice. I will tell you that it doesn't matter how we do it, if we fuck up our governments will deal with us. This is going to be a case of not asking permission before we go into the fray. No matter what, we are going to be answering to our governments." He looked at Ike and received a nod. If they succeeded it wouldn't matter what punishment they might receive. They needed the information and the fucking probe.

"Same for me. We don't want to get you in trouble Commander. We don't want to cause problems with the treaty either. If you think you might have the slightest chance of getting in trouble say no. We will work around what you can't do for us." Ike gave him a very serious look when he said that.

The Commander gave them a slight smile, "If you ask as representatives of your government the assumption is that you have permission of your governments. If it comes out you didn't have governmental approval then it is up to your government. Mine won't do anything to me as long as I assumed it is in good faith."

Both nodded since they understood what he was saying and they would do what they could to ensure he wouldn't get in trouble.

~~~

Party with Crystal and the women

The lunch at Feline Frenzy had been very enjoyable. Now Crystal and Kingie were going to meet the families of the warriors who were working with the rest of the women. They had ended up reserving a section of a park next to one of the houses. There were going to be enough people they needed the room. It wasn't just the four women and four warriors. It was their bond mates, former bond mates, parents, children, and siblings. From what she understood there were going to be thirty or so people there. The day before the party she had started cooking. Most of it was a variety of breads but also what was as close to a baked bean dish as well.

Kingie helped her pack up the food in a carrier which was then loaded into his family's aircar. After a great deal of talking they had decided to remain behind other than Amahs.

She had demanded to go with to the party. She had grown to care for Crystal and her strength. After seeing all the scars and learning some of what she had dealt with had impressed her. To her Crystal was almost a hero for surviving and keeping going. She knew that for a good time Crystal had clung to her brother to feel safe but she had kept going. She had helped Crystal with the cooking as much as possible. After sampling a bit of the food, she was more than happy to go with. It was so very good. Crystal was learning how to cook their type of food and blend it with Earth food. It was showing and damn good.

"Crystal, if the rest of the food there is this good I'm going to end up laying on the floor groaning in enjoyment. I can't wait to see what else there is there." Amahs was grinning when she said that. They had done a good job with the food and she couldn't wait for dinner at the party.

Kingie laughed at his sister and just for good measure tweaked her ear, "Silly kit, try not to over eat. I'd hate for you to end up with a tummy ache." He helped carry the food out to the aircar. When his sister hissed at him he laughed again.

Once everything was in the aircar the three of them climbed into the vehicle and it took off. Once they reached the park Kingie hopped out and called out some greetings to the ones already there. He grabbed the container with the food and carried it over to the table which had some other food. He was sure there was going to be more food delivered before the cooking started, "Heyo Shojim, looking and smelling good even though the meat hasn't started cooking yet." He grabbed a glass of ale before settling down to relax. Crystal settled down next to him even as Amahs found a couple of kits her age and started getting to know them.

Shojim flopped down next to them and gave Savannah a good hug as she settled down next to him, "Evening and looking good you two. Just so you know Yilly sent some steaks which had been seasoned over for the party. I sniffed them and damn but the smell good. Once the rest are here I'll start cooking. How goes it at the Embassy?"

Kingie was forced to make a slight face, "Rough, can't say much else but someone is working their way into Yilly's bad spot. That isn't a good idea since he tends to be very proactive when someone might do something to impact on his family. As far as family it is those he considers to be family and not just blood related."

Crystal was forced to shudder slightly, "That is saying something. He doesn't hold back when he feels family is being attacked or hurt." She leaned against Kingie as she thought about what he had done to her mother, "If you haven't heard the story look at the what he did about the three who were running and impacted on his shoulder."

Shojim gave a laughing hiss, "Heard about that and doing my best not to get on his bad side." He gave Savannah a good hug and nuzzled her hair, "Not honestly worried about it. He has done so much for our ladies. It wasn't just rescuing them but getting them here for treatment. It helps knowing that you are doing so well Crystal. It shows the others they can also recover most of their lives." He nuzzled her hair again before he called out a greeting to Bitty and her warrior. It wasn't much longer before all four women and their warriors were there.

As they started the cooking greetings and introductions were being called out. By the time all was said and done everyone had a good time. Most of the women had managed to relax though Clarice had been somewhat tense. Her warrior had been force to give her an injection to help with a panic attack.

Crystal had pulled her into a good hug and held her as she was trying not to let the attack impact on her and the party. Several others came over and gave her a good hug and held her until the meds started working, "Sorry, so sorry, not... Trying to deal with it."

"Each of us have to deal with in our own way and time. No need to feel sorry Clarice. Deep breath and let us hold you and help you. I don't even know how many times I clung to Kingie with things like this. He isn't just a bond mate but he is my hero. It takes a very strong male to stand there and accept what we need from them. Not saying you will end up with a bond mate or anything like that. Just they are such special people to remain and deal with us. It also helps having others who understand and are willing to be there for us. It isn't just our warriors but their families, Billy, his life mates, and everyone else. If any of you need a good hug go to the Embassy and anyone there will give you a hug and hold you as you need. I've been there a number of times and most everyone will hug as needed."

Kingie reached over and stroked Clarice's hair, "She is right. If you need someone to hug you or listen come to the Embassy. I know that at times you can't or don't want to burden your warrior since Crystal has felt that way a few times. Billy, Satasha, Vangie, Sally, and others have held her more than a few times. They do understand and will hold you as much as possible. They have even given me an occasional hug. For the warriors, it isn't always easy. Not saying we don't want to help, just it isn't something we normally are trained for. I've come to love Crystal a great deal. It's one of the reasons I asked her to be my bond mate for three years. I love her and she loves me. Not sure what I'm trying to say other than give yourself a break and let everyone around you help you recover." He gave Clarice a peck on her hair before he moved back, "Not sure about Crystal but I'm starting to get tired and have an early watch tomorrow. Talk to you later." He could feel Crystal starting to have an attack of her own and urged her away. To him all the woman were so damn strong for making it this far.

~~~

J'Kalan goes to the embassy

J'Kalan didn't know his father had come and talked to Billy. He finally had some time and headed to the Embassy. When he arrived, he flicked his ears at the warrior at the gate, "I'm J'Kalan and the Ambassador told me to come back when I had a chance." He handed the card over for the warrior to look at.

He took the card and checked it against the list of approved visitors. Once he ensured the young male was approved he pulled out a badge and handed it and the card back, "Ensure this is always visible and go in the main entrance. The person at the desk will tell you what to do."

"Thank you Warrior." The young man took the badge and attached it to his robe before heading inside. At the desk was the human from the last time he was there, "Afternoon Djana, I'm here to see the Ambassador." He wasn't sure what else to say.

Jenna gave him a good look, "We were told to take you to the design room. Give me a moment." She called for Sandi to come and watch the desk. Once she had done that Jenna stood, "Come with me J'Kalan." She grasped his arm and led him to the room, "Go and talk to Z'Marl and she will tell you what you will be doing. If you need anything she will help you." She squeezed his arm before leaving to head back to the desk. She and Sandi tended to tag team the desk. It gave both a chance to get some actual work done.

Z'Marl looked up and gave J'Kalan a wide smile, "Come in and sit. I have some documents you need to sign. They are related to keeping what you learn secret and all that good stuff. I also have some documents to read to let you know what you will be doing. Hate to say it but as an intern you are going to be doing the drudge work. It isn't saying you won't be learning but it is things like getting coffee, documenting findings, ensuring we have what is needed, all that good stuff. If it helps I did that for Yilly in the beginning. He will also be testing you and what you know. Just warning you he tends to hand out headaches simply because of who he is. He's given me a few even though I'm a triad mate. He is beyond smart and his mind works on levels you won't believe. I'm saying this so you know not to feel bad if he talks in math you don't understand." She gave him a good hug and considered inviting him to a meal. He was a good-looking man. She would need to check his age before she did that. He looked to be of an age to spend time with her, but this close she needed to check.

"Thanks Djana. I am looking forward to this but need to learn what is expected." He returned the hug and she was warm and he couldn't lie about how attractive she was. She wasn't that much older than he was if he was right. Maybe four or five years older at most. It was close enough he could enjoy her attention, "That's much what I expected. Tell me what is needed and I'll do my best."

She had to snort, "Call me Z'Marl. If we are going to be working together I would prefer to be called by my first name." Z'Marl could feel his reaction to her hug and in a week or two she might invite him to spend time with her. If that asshole who was sending flowers couldn't man up so be it. She could tell that J'Kalan would. He might be new to being an adult but she was sure she would enjoy being with him. Besides it would give her a chance to introduce a new adult to the joys of love making. She was going to talk to Yilly tonight.

He finally moved back, "Okay. What do you and the others need from me Z'Marl? Tell me and I'll do my best."

She grinned, "Here are a number of documents which need to be sorted and entered into the system." She handed him a small stack, "Go forth and enter data J'Kalan!" She had to laugh when he made a slight face.

He took the paperwork and quickly sorted through it before finding an open terminal and swiping the card he had to log in. Once logged in he started working though he had to ask a number of questions on some of the notes.

~~~

Salvage ship crew

They were locked up in the secure section of the Fijishi. None of them were happy but there wasn't much they could do. There weren't any lawyers, courts, or anything like that. Someone from the Swiss came up and talked to them but it was rather blunt. They had been informed they were being tried for treason and it didn't matter if they weren't part of the EU. It was because of them turning the probe over to someone in the presumed organization. For now, they were going to remain on the Fijishi until the station was taken down.

Nobody had been happy with that and the Captain had tried to take responsibility but that had been ignored. As far as the Swiss, EU, and NA hegemonies were concerned they had committed treason. They were being held due to that. Their ship was in the process of being stiped of anything which might be considered incriminating against them. Virtually anyone who walked into the ship wondered how anyone had survived on it. The damn thing was in horrible shape and nobody could believe the crew had managed to survive living on it. It was bad enough they didn't even consider sending it to Billy as a test bed. Maybe with a cargo ship taking it but beyond that? It wasn't going to happen.

~~~

Attack on the station

Ike and Alaric spent the next day making plans on taking down the stealth station. Any way they looked at it this was going to be messy. Both wished they had a diagram of the interior of the station but that simply wasn't possible. There was absolutely no record of any station at that location or even near that location. They had been very careful when they did a search for the construction of any and all stations in the system. There wasn't even any records of excessive flights in that location. It looked like the damn thing might have been built elsewhere and towed into place. If so that was concerning. To have that many resources showed a long-term investment.

Alaric was glaring at the wall. He had managed to get his work laptop connected securely to the Sholan vessel. He had been receiving reports from his investigators. They had started at the bottom of the ladder, so to speak, and cleared most of the junior staff who might have been involved. They had started with the woman who had originally been contacted. They had found some dirt on her but it was a sexual indiscretion. She had been interviewed and he was debating on what he was going to do with her. Her record was very good and there was no indication of any other wrong doing.

Ike stretched, "I'm going to send orders to a ship to do a set of exercises. They are going to take my troops and do an extended mission of drops on the moon. I can't leave unfortunately but I'll have a set of orders to be opened once they are in space." If he left for any great length of time it would be noticed. They were expecting this to take five to seven days. A day and a half to reach the station, half day of recon, and then the attack. The takeover shouldn't take too long and then start securing the station. That would take some time and if needed they would take more time. Once it was taken over and secured techs would be going over to start picking the station apart.

While they were doing that a tow ship would be sent to bring the station back. All this was presuming it belonged to the Organization. If it actually belonged to a different country they would deal with it at that point, "As you know, I'm not going to ask the Sholan's for assistance. I'm pushing my authority as it is. It is very possible I'll be removed from this position and court martialed or asked to resign." If he had to resign he wasn't going to worry about it. Unless he was court martialed he would have his pension and as long as he had served it was a very nice one. At that point, he could start purchasing stock in Billy's company.

As far as a court martial he wasn't worried about. If this was what he thought it was he would be considered a hero. His indiscretions would be swept under the carpet.

Alaric made a slight face, "I've been thinking about that since you are only an Admiral and not actually in the main chain of command any further." He didn't realize the way he had phrased it might be insulting and kept speaking, "I however, am in a position to do such things. I'll take care of towing the station to orbit once it is taken over. My troops will go first and yours can come in as the reserve team. We need you in this position since you are so close to the Ambassador. If someone else had to step in and try to fill your shoes it would cause problems." He was also closely connected to Ambassador Madlax which was important as well.

Ike bristled his beard at him and glowered, "Only an admiral? Might have to go fisticuffs with you." After the glower he started laughing, "I like being just an admiral just so you know." He had to make a slight face, "I'd been considering retiring just before the Sholan's showed up. Someone remembered I was a close friend of Billy's and sent me to meet him. That didn't go quite as planned." Even now he occasionally had nightmares about Billy being shot and him dying. That would have been horrible.

Alaric had to blink when Ike bristled at him before he realized how what he had said sounded. He was getting ready to apologize when Ike started laughing, "Damn English language! Hate it even if it was created by Roman soldiers trying to pick up Saxon bar maids. Give me German any day of the week." He returned the glower before taking a sip of his coffee, "No, that didn't go well. He was shot and almost killed. That would have been very bad for our world. We've started getting the upgrades for his engines and several of the new engines. We had a captain almost run into an asteroid during testing." They hadn't realized just what a boost in power it was. Part of the testing was to do a full speed N-space and Hyper run.

maxd01
maxd01
654 Followers
12