Short Term Investments

Story Info
Jack was lonely.
9.2k words
24.3k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After his divorce Jack was lonely. It was hard living without Marni. They had been married 10 years. He planned to stay together for a lifetime but Marni's career was taking off and she wanted to get away from her old problems. Jack did not blame her but he could not help feeling lonely.

Jack works at an aerospace company. He meets with representatives from other companies at their headquarters to negotiate contracts. The job takes him to cities around the country. He has been offered management positions but he prefers to be in the field. He does not see himself behind a desk at corporate headquarters.

One evening following a meeting in Chicago Jack was drinking martinis with a fellow named Harry from Boeing. Harry was 35 years old. He was not married. He did not even have a girlfriend but he was glad to be single. They were discussing Jack's recent divorce. Harry tried to cheer Jack Opp. "Think of all the possibilities. You don't have to report in." Harry was working on his second martini.

Jack wondered aloud how Harry could be so happy without a companion. Harry became serious. He thought for a while and then said, "Jack, there is a way you can have companions."

Jack was interested. He had never seen a Harry be entirely serious. He was waiting for the punch line but instead Harry wrote a phone number on a cocktail napkin. He said, " When you call them say I referred you."

Jack put the napkin in his pocket. He did not think he would call the number. It was probably for an escort service. He had never been interested in that type of entertainment. He was faithfull to Marni when they were married. Now he was not sure what kind of relationship he wanted.

Two months later Jack felt the napkin in his pocket. He had forgotten all about the conversation with Harry. He considered throwing the napkin away but there was something about Harry's expression that made Jack curious.

He dialed the number. A male voice answered, "Security Short-term Investments." Jack was surprised. He spoke into the phone, "Sorry, wrong number. I must have dialed wrong." The voice answered, " Maybe not. Who referred you?" Jack answered, "Harry, Harry Barszak."

The man asked him to wait for a minute. He came back and asked Jack his name. Jack felt uncomfortable telling the stranger his name over the phone. He gave only his first name. The man warmed up noticeably. He asked, "Jack Randolph, 284 Long Lane, 38 years old, born April 22, Winston High School, University of Pittsburgh, employed by Soltram Tethnologies?"

Jack was uncomfortable. He asked, "Why do you have all that information?"

The man responded, "That's what we do. We get to know people. Harry said you may be calling. That information was easy to find. If you join we will get to know much more about you."

"If I join what?"

"If you join our group. We provide the security and you do the investing. We provide the means to find a short-term companion and we also provide security that allows people to get together and be comfortable with each other.

Basically, we are the friend in the middle who can vouch for each person. People who meet for an evening may be strangers to each other but each is well-known to us. Are you interested in joining?"

Jack said he was interested. He was told to wait for a call to schedule an interview.

His interview was arranged and a few weeks later a young man drove up to the house. He stuck out his hand. "Hi, I'm Ron. Are you Jack?" Jack introduce himself. He led the young man to the study and Ron went right to work.

They talked about Jack's life. They reviewed his present living situation. Ron requested a tour of the house. He looked into closets and cabinets. He explained that he wanted to verify that Jack was living as a single person.

Ron was friendly and Jack felt as comfortable as he could be exposing his personal life to a stranger. By the end of the interview the company had a comprehensive picture of him and his life. The young man parted saying that Jack would receive a call.

Three days later in the evening the telephone rang. He recognized the voice of his original contact. He was told that the company had set up an account for him. He was given the Internet address of Security Short-term Investments, an account number and a password.

Jack did not wait. He found the web page. It had the look of a typical business web page with headings across the top and a place for members to sign in. He put in his account number and password.

As soon as he entered his password a new page opened. A message read, " Welcome Jack. We are glad to have you as a member. Please read the following:

The purpose of our business is to bring together people who wish to enjoy each others' company for a single encounter.

We try to maintain security and privacy for all of our members and request that you follow a few guidelines. You should not ask your date for any identifying information.

You should not ask your partner his or her name. When you meet, your first task will be to suggest a name for your partner. He or she will also suggest a name for you.

We hope that you will have unlimited enjoyable encounters with some wonderful people. Now, we would like to know how you would describe yourself to a potential date. Please fill in the following questionnaire."

Jack filled in boxes describing himself as 38 years old, 5'10" tall, 165 lbs., somewhat fit but not athletic, receding hair, good sense of humor, reserved, college-educated, work in the field for an aerospace company. There were other questions.

When he was finished with the questionnaire the computer asked, "Jack, would you like to arrange a date?" Jack was eager to try the service but he was feeling cautious. He needed to think things over.

Soon he made up his mind to use the service. He wanted his first date to be in a city far from home. He would be traveling to Seattle next month.

Jack went to the web site for Security Short-term Investments. He entered his password and his account page opened. He pushed a tab labeled " propose a date".

There was an encounter form. It asked for date and time. Then it asked for a schedule of events. Jack had not really thought exactly what he wanted to do other than meet a woman and spend the night with her. On the other hand, he would enjoy an evening with good conversation.

Jack checked dinner at a restaurant. He was asked what was next on his proposed schedule for the evening. Jack was a little worried about where this was going. He was simply looking for some companionship.

He checked a box for quiet conversation back at the hotel. He figured that he and his date could decide if they wanted to stop at the hotel bar and have a nightcap before retiring to his room. In the back of his mind Jack was thinking about the potential for disaster. What type of woman would agree to a date with his total stranger?

He finished the form and submitted it. A week later there were three responses. Jack intended to pin this date down well in advance since it was his first time. He examined the responses.

The first potential date was 32 years old. She was 5'7" tall, enjoy dancing and was devoted to her malamute dog.

The second response was from a 35-year-old elementary school teacher. She was 5'5" and 125 lbs. and enjoyed good conversation. She described herself as being reserved but not shy.

The third was from a 33-year-old single mother with two children. She worked as a manager in a department store and enjoyed writing poetry.

Jack pondered his choices. They all seemed like a date for him. He was actually relieved to see that there were any responses at all. He was feeling a little less lonely.

Jack did not want to compete with the malamute. Also, he felt a little reluctant to take some children's mother out on a date so he decided to go with the teacher. The computer asked him to check back to confirm.

Jack did check back the next day and found that his date was confirmed. The woman would meet him in the hotel lobby at the requested time.

A week later Jack flew to Seattle. His meetings went well but that was not the only reason he was excited. This was the day of his date.

Jack thought back. His only previous blind date was in high school. A buddy had arranged a double date. The evening was terrible. The girl was withdrawn. She did not talk. She kept her coat wrapped around her the whole evening. He concluded then that blind dates were not so great.

So, here he was in his hotel room preparing to go out on a blind date with a schoolteacher from Seattle. Jack was having second thoughts. He reminded himself that he and his date were strangers and would remain so. He would act pleasant and try to have a good time. At the end of the evening what could he lose except the cost of a dinner? She might not even show up.

At seven o'clock Jack was down in the lobby of the hotel. He tried to look relaxed as if he did this type of thing all the time. He watched for any single women who appeared to be meeting someone.

In a few minutes he did see a woman enter the lobby. She looked around. Jack suddenly realized he had no way to identify himself to his date. He looked at the woman and gave a friendly smile. She smiled back at him.

The moved toward each other. She spoke first. "I was supposed to meet someone here from Security Investments." Jack was relieved to know that he would not miss his first date.

He answered, "I'm here also to meet someone from Security Short-term Investments."

She looked happy, "That must be me."

Jack stuck out his hand and was about to introduce himself when he remembered the rules. He said, " Nice to me you. May I call you Alice?"

He thought Alice would be a good name as this reminded him of Alice in Wonderland. He had a list of alternate names in mind if she did not like the name he gave her. She said she loved the name and that no one had called her Alice before.

Alice asked if she could suggest a name for Jack. She suggested Robert. The names struck him as a little stodgy. He had been thinking of Mack or Mark but Robert was not too bad.

They left to catch a cab. As they walked through the lobby Jack watched Alice out of the corner of his eye. She was quite attractive. She seemed self-assured and her smile was warm.

They have a seafood dinner. Jack like to travel to Seattle for a number of the city's charms but most of all for the seafood. They selected the local wine.

Alice and Jack fell into comfortable conversation. It seemed no time before the wine was finished and the coffee cups were empty.

Jack looked somewhat shyly at Alice. "Would you like to come back to the hotel for a nightcap in the lounge?" He did not dare ask her to come up to his hotel room.

Alice did not want more alcohol. He had a sinking feeling. This is what he feared the evening would be like. They would have dinner and then say goodbye.

But Alice surprised him. She looked at Jack and smiled a little mischievously, "Robert, we could go back to your hotel and relax for a while. Our conversation has been so pleasant I hate to stop now."

Jack could not be the his ears. She was inviting herself back to his hotel. He tried not to seemed to eager. He agreed that it would be enjoyable to continue their conversation at the hotel.

They returned by cab. As they walked into the lobby Jack was a little concerned that Alice had not actually invited herself up to his room. Maybe she was thinking the two of them would sit stiffly on the sofas in the lobby like a Victorian couple.

Jack decided to take a chance. He asked Alice if she would like to come up to the room. Jack noted that his date really seemed to like being called Alice. She smiled and said, "I would love to see your room."

In the room Jack sat on a chair. Alice took off her jacket. She was wearing a tailored suit with a skirt. Under the jacket her blouse was open at the throat. She smiled a lot when she talked. He could imagine her standing in front of her class smiling at the students as she taught them. He thought how lucky the students were to have Alice for a teacher.

They taught for a while. Jack was entranced by Alice's bright smile.

After a few minutes Jack asked would Alice mind if he turned down some lights. It was awfully bright. He turned off the ceiling light and all but one of the table lamps. The mood became more intimate.

Instead of returning to his chair, Jack sat on the sofa beside Alice. She looked directly at him. This gave him the courage to put his arm over the back of the sofa around her shoulders. Alice moved closer to Jack until they touched.

He was burning. She was really quite beautiful. He pulled her closer until their lips met. Jack now knew he was in Wonderland. He was kissing a beautiful stranger in his hotel room. This was something he had only dreamed about.

Jack embraced Alice. He held her close and she leaned toward him.

That position became awkward so Jack suggested that they may be more comfortable on the bed. They lay on top of the bedspread. Alice's smile seemed even prettier than before. She lay on the bed with her legs crossed at the ankles. The silk blouse draped over her small breasts and flat stomach. Jack kissed her again. As they lay together he placed his hand on her chest.

Jack opened the buttons of her blouse. She didn't resist his advances. He turned Alice to her side and unclasped her bra. His hand moved over her stomach and up to the chest.

He caressed her breast. Alice sighed. Her smile became dreamy. Jack sensed they both had been waiting for this moment.

He pushed the blouse and bra off her shoulders and removed her skirt. There she was lying on his bed with only panties. Jack removed his shirt and slacks.

They pulled down the bedspread and lay on the sheets. Even with clothes off it was her smile that captured his attention. As they hugged he enjoyed the curve of her back. When he covered her breast with his hand the nipple poked his palm. He pressed his pelvis against hers and felt her urgently pressing back. Jack wanted to be inside Alice.

He got up and told Alice he would be right back. In the bathroom he removed his briefs and pulled a condom over his penis. Alice waited for him. She had removed her panties.

They both thrilled to his probing against her vulva. Jack pushed deeper. Alice was tight. As he probed her vagina slowly relaxed to let him slide in. He pushed into her until their bodies met. She was impaled on him. His pubic bone crushed her clitoris. They kissed and stroked and embraced.

Jack withdrew enough to place his hand down between their bodies. He rested his palm on her mound and let a finger slide between the labia. He could feel her swollen clitoris. He gave a few strokes which caused Alice to moan. With his finger and thrusts of his penis he brought her to the brink of orgasm. Alice grasped Jack's shoulders and pulled with surprising strength. She cried out that she was cumming and wanted him to pump deep into her. They both climaxed as their bodies ground together.

After that they were sleepy. Alice agreed to stay the night. The next morning Jack woke to see a beautiful sleeping Alice with the smile on her lips.

At breakfast they looked into each other's eyes and spoke sincerely. Each told the other how wonderful the night had been and they hoped they would have another. Jack watched Alice walked down the street. He thought to himself what a difference it made to spend the night with a lovely woman.

Jack felt more relaxed than he had in months. His coworkers noticed that he finally seemed to be recovering from the divorce.

Next month he was planning a trip to Houston. He logged onto Security Investments. Jack decided to explore more features of the web page. Next to "propose a date" was a tab "accept a date". He opened the "accept a date" tab and put in Saturday. The meetings would be over on Friday.

A list popped up on a screen. There were a dozen dates proposed. They were mostly from men looking for women. Jack noticed how they all had the same general format with dinner, some entertainment, then back to the hotel or home for a drink and conversation.

One day it was proposed by a woman. She offered a date in the mountains at a private Lodge. There would be a home-cooked dinner followed by quiet conversation. The format was not too different from the dates proposed by the men except for the home-cooked dinner.

Usually after a negotiating session Jack needed to relax. This date could be just what he needed. He wondered how he would feel being on the other end of the date-making process.

Jack checked his acceptance of the date. He knew his "résumé" would show up on the woman's computer. If she rejected him, then he would proceed with his original plan to propose a date of his own for that day.

He was told to check his account page daily. If he changed his mind before the date was confirmed he could simply delete his name.

The next day he Jack opened his account. He was mildly shocked to see that he was accepted. Why did she confirm the date so soon? Would he be safe in the mountains with a stranger? He was aware that these thoughts probably were common for women as they accepted dates from men.

The day came and Jack was ready. He would let the women run the show. After all, she invited him. He would let her start the conversation, choose the wine, make the first move. He would try to be a good date.

The woman drove up to the hotel in a Cadillac. Jack had never ridden in a Cadillac. He usually favored European cars. This car handled well. Jack made a mental note for his next car to be a Cadillac.

The woman was 32 years old. He named her Marcia and she named him Carlos. He did not feel very Hispanic but was happy to take the name. Marcia had a fair complexion. He guessed she had some Irish background. She wore her hair shoulderlength and she had that drawl.

Jack had to restrain himself to keep from asking personal questions. Marcia as Jack if he thought she looked familiar. He told her that she was a complete stranger to him. She seemed relieved.

Her family was in the oil business. She thought someone like him in aerospace would not have much contact with oil people. Jack agreed that he could not think of a single oil person he knew.

They drove four hours. The mountains loomed in the distance for a long time. Then suddenly they were in the foothills. The road climbed higher as they left the city behind.

At last they turned into a gravel drive and approached a lodge with spectacular views of the valley and surrounding mountains. Jack was impressed.

Marcia opened the door with her key. She told Jack that this was her family's getaway place. No one else was planning to come to up to the lodge that day so they would have it to themselves. Jack was certain he could relax in this setting.

They spend the day walking outdoors, soaking in the hot tub and trying to identify the wildlife. In the late afternoon Marcia asked Jack if he were hungry. He told her the mountain air gave him a good appetite.

Marcia proposed that she prepare supper while Jack could sit on the porch with something to drink. Jack was feeling quite manly so he got himself a Scotch.

He sat on a rocking chair looking out on the mountains as Marcia prepared food. He could smell the woods and hear the birds. The afternoon sun was warm but not hot as it had been in Houston. Jack sipped his Scotch and relaxed. He nearly dozed off.

Marcia tapped Jack on the shoulder, "Dinner is ready." She had said two places at a small table in the sunroom. She opened a bottle of wine and they sat down to eat. Marcia had prepared steaks with potatoes and green beans.

Jack was curious about Marcia but did not want to break the Security Investment rules. He asked what made her decide to become a member. She answered that her family was well known in Houston and sometimes she wanted to just be herself without the celebrity. She picked Jack because she thought he would not know her.