Side Bet Bluff Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This kind of tactic is partly how lawyers have earned a bad reputation, and was particularly loathsome to be on the receiving end on, especially when I tried not to sink to his level. Particularly frustrating was that Jaycee's credit card receipts, which could have possibly helped to prove her claims to some items, had been packed away by Hannah, presumably in a buried and unlabeled box in her truck. However, at one point when it was just me and Blake in the same room, he started talking to me as if this entire episode was just a game, and while he had 'scored' on me with his arguments outside, the real chumps were our clients. If he had said that to me just about anywhere else, I would have probably gone off on the guy. Instead, I was so ready to be rid of him that I just gave him a disgusted look, one that prompted him to drop the matter and leave the room. I wondered if he was charging Hannah for his time, and if not, what else he was demanding of her in compensation.

After finally leaving Jaycee's apartment, or I should say her former apartment, Jaycee followed me to the storage facility in her truck. I went in, paid for three months (shhh, I wasn't telling Jaycee that, it was the smallest payment they'd accept), got the key, and found the unit. As I opened it up, Jaycee was surprised.

"I don't think I need one so big," she commented.

"Why'd you get out of your truck?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" she replied.

"Just drive on in. That's the reason why I got one this size."

Jaycee laughed. "You lazy bastard. You just didn't want to unload the truck."

"Of course," I agreed. Besides, I thought having Jaycee relying on me for transportation would just increase her overall feelings of dependency on me. We also unloaded the majority of the boxes and clothes from my car. Jaycee had a suitcase with just a few outfits, her old bookbag, a box of her toiletries, her portable massage table, and a big, old, outrageously heavy bag of what she said were her massage supplies transferred into my car. She was looking at the back of her truck and grimacing.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Now that I'm thinking about it, there are several outfits that I'd like to pull out for this week, including some exercise clothes and my sexy black dress" she replied.

"Oh?" my ears perked up at that.

"You've seen it, it's the dress I wore to Matt and Dina's engagement party."

"Oh," I said, disappointed. It wasn't that sexy of a dress. "Is that the same black dress you wore to Stacy's wedding?" I asked.

Jaycee smiled at me. "Probably. If it still works, don't try to fix it." Stacy's wedding was almost three years ago.

"Yeah, about that, you deserve better. C'mon," I told her while walking back to my car.

"Where to?" she asked hopefully.

"Before I go into work, I'm dropping you off at the mall with my credit card," I said.

Sometime in the midst of packing, I had called Aaron to see if he could help us unload at the storage unit. As expected he was working. He was a real estate agent, and even though there was nothing going on thanks to the housing slump, he refused to leave his desk in the hope that a customer would walk in. Sundays used to be the busiest day of the week for him. I filled Jaycee in on the conversation as we made our way to the local Mecca of All that is Retail.

"So did Aaron get lucky last night?" Jaycee asked.

"You know better than that," I replied.

"Couldn't beat her three aces, huh?" she laughed. "So why'd he see her bet?"

"Why do you think? He's a nice guy who only wants to give Susan what she wants."

"Ah," Jaycee said. "Is he one of those nice guys you warned me about?"

"Actually yes, he is" I said. "Do you want to know something else I find surprising?"

"What's that?" Jaycee asked.

"I wasn't the only person shocked to his core last night to find out that Susan still had her v-card," I answered.

"Really?" Jaycee said. "I didn't realize she was going to keep it a secret so long."

"You knew?" I asked.

"Of course," Jaycee giggled. "She was tired of the lame guys she was meeting at church and asked me to set her up with someone else. And she begged me not to say anything about that part of her, afraid that it would scare the guy off."

"Well, she was right about that," I muttered.

"Oh, is Aaron running for the hills?" she laughed again.

"Let's just say that Aaron is being forced to re-evaluate his concept of their relationship," I said.

"Well, if you don't mind, I think I'll get her side of the story," and she opened her cell phone.

"Susan ... Hey girl, how's it going? ... oh you heard about that, huh? ... yep, she tossed me out on my rear. Thank God for Will. ... No, that's not blasphemy ... No ... I'll be with Will for the week, thanks though. ... Of course I'm going through with it. ... No ... No, really, I'll be fine. ..." Jaycee stole a glance at me and winked. "Well thank you Susan ... yes, it is a big sacrifice. [another smile and wink] ... what do you mean? ... oh yeah? ... He had a two and a six, huh? ... No, that doesn't mean he cheated ... No, Susan. Bluffing isn't cheating, it's part of poker. ... Yes, that means I'm still staying. ... I gave my word, Susan. ... a deal's a deal. ... what? You want details? [giggle] ... oh, I'm sure your imagination won't come close. ... no, really. You have no idea. ... So what did you do to poor Aaron last night? ... Really? ... You didn't! ... Are you sure that was right? ... James? Who's James? ... Uh-huh ... No, no, I guess I'm just a little surprised. ... Uh-huh ... Uh-huh. ... Ok, yeah go talk to Hannah about that, it's ok. Though really if you had seen her today you'd think twice about rooming with her. ... No really, she was the biggest b-i-t-c-h I've ever seen. I mean, I knew she had a vicious side to her personality when she thought someone had crossed her, but I never imagined I'd ever be on the receiving end of it. ... No, I don't think it's possible to be friends with her again. ... yes, really ... you have no idea. I swear Susan, if I ever see her again I may just claw her eyes out. ... oh yeah? ... well, you'll have to tell me about that later. I don't think I've got the stomach for it now. ... yeah, ok, be good. ... oh you know I won't [giggle]. .. Ok, talk to you later, girl."

She was getting off the phone so soon? I was surprised. I thought girls had a thirty minute minimum per gossip session.

"So," I started. "How's Susan?"

"Aaron told her you only had a two and a six," she replied archly.

"Oh, is that what he told her?" I asked.

Jaycee blinked. "Are you saying you didn't have a two and a six?"

I looked at her, and kept my mouth shut.

"She would have said if they were clubs. Or would she? Aaron didn't say. Oh shit, you did have the flush! Did you?"

"One of the benefits of laying down your cards is that no one gets to see them afterwards," I reminded.

"You didn't have it. You had nothing. At least, I hope you had nothing," she said. "That would have been a brilliant bluff!"

"All I'll admit to is that I had a two and a six."

"Oh, you're making me so hot right now," Jaycee purred.

Smiling I asked, "how come women always say things like that when there's no chance of actually taking advantage of it?"

"Just part of the master plan to infuriate and frustrate men everywhere!" Jaycee tittered.

I was pulling up to one of the mall entrances. "Alright. Option A is I drop you off, drive over to the office, grab five pounds of files, come back, help you with some shopping, then work for another three to four hours at home. Option B is I drive over to the office, work for three hours, leave with only two pounds of files. Pick you up, work for an hour or two at home, and go in to work early in the morning. Actually, check that, I'll have to go into work early regardless."

"Option A," Jaycee answered. "If I'm spending your money then I want Will approved outfits."

"Ok, I'll call you when I get back in a bit."

Before getting out, Jaycee leaned over to me and gave me a big kiss. "Thanks for everything, Will. I mean it. You're my knight in shining armor."

"Don't worry about it."

"No, really," she implored. "I don't know how, but I'm going to pay you back for as much of this stuff I can. Despite our earlier conversation, I really don't try to take advantage of guys and you are offering way too much."

"No, I'm not," I said firmly. "Jaycee, for this week you are my responsibility. My rules, my checkbook."

"With great power comes great responsibility?" she asked with a smile. I caught the movie reference and nodded.

"Now, here's my credit card. If you have any problems using it have them give me a call."

"What's my limit?" Jaycee asked hesitantly.

"I'll be back in less than an hour. How much damage can you do?" I joked.

"That sounds like a challenge to me," she smiled.

"Out," I ordered.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Yours Ch. 01 Well-endowed victim seeks revenge.in BDSM
NUDE Lesbian Wrestling: Coed Tricked Shy nerd is blackmailed into the world of nude wrestling.in Lesbian Sex
The Worst Gift Wife and best friend destroy their marriages. For what?in Loving Wives
Halloween Party Halloween party with a surprise.in Erotic Couplings
March Sucks How will the husbands find out what went on in there?in Loving Wives
More Stories