Side Bet Bluff Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Young associates must make even more money than I thought," Paula said.

Billy had another idea. "You did the trades yourself, didn't you?"

I gave a little shrug.

"I knew it!" Billy exclaimed. "As soon as I heard you had turned down a direct investment with us I knew you'd try to replicate our trades."

"Normally I'd be pissed at you," Steven said. "But now that I understand why, I'm very pleased. This only makes me want you on the team even more."

"So what was your return?" asked Paula.

"It took me months to find trades that didn't coincide with anything you were doing or using any information that could have been gleaned from any of my other clients, and even longer to rustle up enough money to meet the trading minimum. So I'm sure the return on my investment will be rather unimpressive to you. But in the end I did ok for myself," I demurred. "Not five million dollars ok, but ok. Don't worry. I'm still the poorest person in the room."

"Yeah, but now you're one of us," Alex enthused. "Before I just thought of you as 'the lawyer.' Ok, Mister Beck, I withdraw my earlier objections to bringing him on board."

Steven chuckled and gave me a grin.

I stayed a few more minutes to put everyone's minds at ease, then made my excuses. I really didn't want to be there when Karen returned, and I still had things to work through. So I reminded everyone I'd return at eight the next morning for the house hunting excursion.

Steven walked me out himself to have a moment alone with me. He wanted to know how realistic my position on those five shares was. I had to admit that there was still a possibility of trouble, but I had to do some research first to get a better sense of it. He actually apologized for not seeking my counsel, and urged me to come up with a number for my base salary. Steven also promised to cancel the appointment with his previous realtor, getting yet another assurance from me that Aaron was ready for the big leagues. I hope he was. I bid my farewells and made my leave.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Worst Gift Wife and best friend destroy their marriages. For what?in Loving Wives
Halloween Party Halloween party with a surprise.in Erotic Couplings
March Sucks How will the husbands find out what went on in there?in Loving Wives
Trying Something New Sexy wife trying a new fetish as a birthday treat.in Fetish
Getting Involved Accidental porn shoot.in NonConsent/Reluctance
More Stories