Silver Arrow Ch. 05-06

Story Info
The re-connection with his family.
7.4k words
4.69
18.1k
13

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/12/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,587 Followers

Chapter 5 The Fireman Returns

It wasn't long after our impromptu session in the kitchen that something happened to make me think once again that we really were not the same as we once were. Diane is a very lovely woman in her own right. Only five-foot-two, but attractive without being truly beautiful. She was curvaceous without being plump. Her generous breasts had retained their shape even after three children, while her slightly rounded stomach was the only change from when we were first married. Her brown, curly hair had always been cut short and never seemed to be out of place.

I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world when she consented to marry me. I wasn't looking for some beauty queen, but Diane was closer to that image than any woman I was ever likely to date, much less marry. Her parents seemed reasonably satisfied that I was a decent guy and would treat their only daughter properly. Three children later they were sure of it.

My parents thought the sun rose and set on Diane. I'm sure my father had the occasional lustful thoughts, while mother rejoiced in finding a daughter she would never otherwise have. I was an only child. So, from our parents' point of view, we were a good match.

Diane was very traditional when it came to sex. She was a virgin when we married despite my best efforts to put an end to that status. She was determined and I wasn't about to ruin the best chance I was ever going to have at capturing a truly desirable wife. I remembered many lustful looks from guys when we were at the beach in the summer and she was wearing her favorite "look what I've got" bikini. I was proud but nervous at the same time.

When we married, that first night wasn't a disaster, but it wasn't great either. I came so quickly that I'd barely broken her hymen when it was over. I made a quick recovery, but not until we had changed beds to avoid the bloody mess we had made. It kind of took the romance out of the evening.

The next day ... the next morning in fact ... things improved dramatically. Diane made it clear that she enjoyed sex and was going be looking to me to provide her with appropriate satisfaction. In other words: "Get it up, keep it up, and make it happen." I had a steep learning curve ahead of me. You see, I too was a virgin on our wedding night. Yes, I know, that's not what most twenty-two-year-old men would admit to. I'd spent two years with Diane before we married and I had done almost everything with her short of actual intercourse. But, she was worth the wait.

She was very patient with me, realizing of course that I was a beginner just like she was. She never complained, but I knew I had responsibilities and I was trying everything to meet them. When the two of us had gone as long as we had without experiencing sex, it was inevitable that we would try and make up for lost time. Certainly Diane did. She wasn't particularly interested in anything other than conventional sex, but until I could demonstrate some mastery of that simple act, I could hardly complain. She did enjoy my getting her ready with oral sex, but she was very reluctant to return the favor.

When she was in the mood, which was often in our early married life, she would play a little word game with me called "fireman." It was simple enough. She would tell me that she needed to call the fire department to put out a fire and I was the fireman who would arrive with the hose to do the job. It was fun and a way for us to add a little something to our sex life.

But the fun had faded away when the children came along. It wasn't that we stopped making love. It was the day-to-day struggle to look after the kids, go to work, pay the bills and then, if we were lucky, have a few minutes to ourselves. And then, over time, I let myself go and became a lot less attractive to her. I had no one to blame but myself. Only a near-fatal accident had altered the situation.

Now, despite the pressure on Diane, something seemed to have changed her in the past year. The children were still there and just as demanding of her time. The new career she had chosen was just beginning to pay off and took a lot of her energies as well. Add to it the fact that I wasn't there to assist in any way. She had to do it by herself. When I gave that some thought, I realized I hadn't been very much help when I was there, so maybe she didn't really notice my absence.

Before I decided to take the driving course, I was running small errands for Diane. It would allow her to concentrate on her work and I could be her gofer at the grocery store or deliver packages of information if they were urgent. I was happy to do it. It gave me a feeling of usefulness while I waited to see if I had a future as a bus driver.

Diane's house had a single car garage attached to the mud room near the kitchen. I was parking my Subaru on the driveway and using the front door to enter the house. One sunny mid-week morning I arrived back at the house from running an errand for her and when I stepped up to the front door I noticed a sign on it. Fire Department Entrance. It didn't twig on me at the time, but I stepped in and went to the kitchen to find Diane. She wasn't there.

I headed down the hall since she did much of her work in the master bedroom at a desk that she had placed along the wall near the window. Since the door to the bedroom was closed, I tapped lightly before entering so that I wouldn't surprise her. The surprise was on me.

Diane was lying on the bed, naked, with a little paper sign on her belly. As I approached her, I could see the writing. Fire Hazard. The light went on at that point. Better late than never.

"Your fire department at your service, ma'am," I grinned wolfishly.

"You aren't dressed like a fireman," she said in her sultriest voice.

"Allow me to rectify that," I said as I began to remove my clothes.

Diane had two of those little self-adhesive red bows that you get at Christmas for wrapped presents stuck to her breasts, covering the nipples. She had another larger bow much lower down. It was quite a creative display and it got the response from me that she was hoping for.

I didn't take long to get naked. "Mind if I unwrap my presents?" I asked.

"Do the big one first," she groaned, now anticipating how I would begin.

I got another surprise when I gently removed the big bow to discover she had shaved much of her pubic hair off, leaving only a neatly trimmed segment above my intended target.

"Do you approve?" she asked.

"I do indeed," I responded as I wasted no time in demonstrating my approval with my tongue.

"The fire is quite hot, Dougie. You better do something about that."

She hadn't called me Dougie in a very long time. That inspired me to thank her for her taking me back. I picked up the pace and a few minutes later, just as my tongue was getting a bit tired, she gifted me with an obvious orgasm.

I took my time moving up over her body, nipping at the bows on her breasts and removing them with my teeth. I then set about nibbling and sucking on her nipples in turn.

"Fire, fire," she called in whispered urgency.

I didn't need to pull back to line myself up. She did it for me. I was inside her and with little effort, pushed until I could go no further. I heard her gasp and looked at her. Eyes closed, but the look of supreme pleasure was there to reward me. I began my familiar movement and Diane immediately responded.

There was something more sensuous and even a bit demanding about her behavior during sex. Even in our early days, I don't recall her being quite this active or responsive. I don't recall her being this interested in sex in the morning, or any other time besides our usual bedtime. Something has caused this change, and while I wasn't anxious to mess with whatever had brought about the "new Diane," I was curious.

I'd been pumping away in a nice slow rhythm for a few minutes when Diane pushed me off. I wondered what had happened and was about to ask when she got up on her hands and knees, took a look at me and then behind her. I got the message. I moved behind, carefully reinserted myself, and began to slowly continue. I'd made about ten strokes when she began to push back at me more insistently and I picked up the pace.

Diane was now vocal. They weren't words, but they were a sure indication that this was bringing a whole new sensation to our lovemaking. And based on her increasingly forceful push against my stroke, she was getting a very good feeling from doggie sex. There wasn't much doubt now that I had a very different woman on my hands.

As we lay in each other's arms after she'd pretty much destroyed me, I took a chance.

"That was something very different for us. Can you tell me how it came about?"

She giggled before she answered. "Got your attention, huh?"

"Absolutely!"

She sighed and then began. "I never realized how our relationship had deteriorated until you were gone. I was angry at you for letting yourself go. But when you were gone, I realized that I still loved you and that I missed you ... even the big fat you. I was tied to you, even though we were divorced. I couldn't handle being with another man. I tried, Doug. I really tried to find someone to replace you, but I couldn't. You weren't a bad person and I couldn't bring myself to cheat on you."

"It wouldn't be cheating if we were divorced," I said, fascinated by her confession.

"Yes it would. It would be emotional cheating. We might have been legally divorced, but I was still married in my head. When you came here that day and appeared at the door, I was shocked. I never in my wildest imagination thought that you could be reincarnated as the handsome man I married. It was like magic, and I remembered how it was back then. I felt like I had been given a second chance, just like you had. I thought it was a sign from above."

"Wow, that's pretty deep, Diane. But ... I've been thinking that we need to spend some more time with each other to decide about our future."

"No we don't. I've already decided. I don't care if we're married. I only care that you are here with me and the children. That's all they care about too."

"I'm not sure it's that simple. But ... I'm happy being here with you and our kids. I'm happier than I can ever remember being. I want to be here with you. You want me to be here, so I guess maybe it is settled after all."

"You're wondering about the sex, aren't you? You're wondering if I've been with other men and that's what has changed the way I am with you?"

"I won't lie. The thought has crossed my mind."

"Didn't happen! When you came back, I knew I wanted you again. Not just because you were slim and trim again, but because I wanted you in whichever way you were. I never fell out of love, Doug. I just lost track of what was important. So ... I needed to make sure you wouldn't escape, especially since you were such a stud now," she grinned.

"A little spice in the sex life wasn't that hard to come up with after a consultation or two with a couple of my girlfriends. Then, that morning that you took me from behind in the kitchen just got my motor really going and it's been going ever since."

"A lot of this has relied on luck ... bad and good ... hasn't it?" I suggested.

"So what. Take it as it comes, lover. I like sex. I'm damn sure you do too. So let's make it work for us instead of us working for it."

"That's some pretty deep stuff, wife."

She propped herself up on her elbow and looked at the clock radio.

"Time for another before lunch?" she asked. God, she could be sultry without much effort.

She didn't wait for an answer, but turned around and before I knew it, we were in the sixty-nine position for the first time in my life. I had no way to judge the quality of a blow job since I had almost zilch in experience, but once she realized that teeth were a no-no, we were on our way. I nibbled and nipped and lipped and tongued her pussy and clit while she worked at restoring me.

When I was hard once more, she promptly turned around once more and mounted me. I could almost see the fire in her eyes as she began to ride me. Call for the fire department indeed.

We were a little late with lunch that afternoon, but you wouldn't hear a complaint from me. More importantly, we had cleared the air about our new relationship, and it had convinced me that we were on the right path to our future. I could see us getting married again in a simple civil ceremony and carrying on as if we had never been parted. But it wouldn't be the same marriage as before.

Chapter 6 Becoming a Silver Arrow

"Read this pamphlet over, Mr. Hansen. Before you even sign up for our course, we will want you to have a full medical with one of our approved doctors. That's a state requirement."

"Yes, I understand. If you give me the list of doctors, I'll make an appointment right away and then we can talk again."

I had been interviewed by Terry Jackson, son of the owner of Jackson Driving School and V.P. of Training. He was not much older than me and, while very pleasant to talk to, he was very thorough, going over my background and why I would want to acquire a Commercial Drivers License. He seemed to accept me, especially when I was frank about my medical situation and that I wouldn't want the responsibility of driving any kind of bus if I wasn't physically up to it.

"I'll look forward to seeing you back here when you get the all-clear, Mr. Hansen."

"Not as much as I'll look forward to starting on my new career," I grinned.

We parted with a handshake and I headed for the house to make an appointment with one of the doctors.

I was rightly nervous about the medical. They could disqualify me on medical grounds if they thought that either of my medical conditions would be a hazard as a driver. I wasn't sure how that would be the case, but I wasn't able to read their minds, so I was at their mercy.

"You're quite a remarkable case, Mr. Hansen," Doctor Ballantyne told me. "Your oxygen capacity is within normal range and I don't detect any other issues relating to your lungs. You are in very good physical condition. I don't see the stomach and intestine issues being a problem as long as you maintain your diet regimen. You have seven months of self-monitoring under your belt and both your surgeon in Minneapolis and I agree that you've done exactly what was required to make as full a recovery as possible. I don't see any reason why I can't recommend you to Mr. Jackson's firm for training."

"That's great, doctor. I really appreciate it. I'll probably need that report when I apply for a job."

"I'd like to give you a brief checkup then, but I don't expect I'll have any problem providing you with an okay."

"Thank you again," I said, shaking his hand and making my way out of his office.

I was excited that the biggest obstacle was out of the way. Now, it was back to school. This time, it would be a very special school.

I was sitting in front of Terry Jackson the next morning.

"Well, your medical looks fine, so when can you be available to start the course?"

"Right away," I answered immediately.

He laughed. "Well, we don't have one scheduled until next month, but I'll add you to the list of students. I'll need the first month's payment in advance, please."

I wrote him a check for the amount and he passed me a signed receipt and another pamphlet.

"That book outlines the course in detail for each section. You're going to find a couple of underlying themes throughout all our sessions. The first is safety. The other is preventive maintenance. We don't expect you to become a mechanic, but we do want you to be able to identify what's happening on your equipment at all times. That awareness could prevent an accident from happening."

"So it isn't all just about driving the bus, then," I said, stating the obvious.

"Not at all. Think of yourself as a pilot. The safety and comfort of your passengers is in your hands. It's all well and good to be a skillful driver, but it's just as important to be a safe one at the same time. That's what you'll hear us preach over the next three months."

I should have recorded Terry's words that morning. They were absolutely true in every respect. My driving instructor wouldn't even let me open the door to the bus until I had done a "walk around." It was an inspection of the outside of the vehicle that was focused on tires and lights, as well as anything that might need attention. Cargo doors had to latch properly and easily. License tags and plates had to be current. Inspection decals had to be current.

It wasn't until the third day that I even learned how to start the bus. I spent the entire second day with my instructor, going over the rules of the road and where they varied, state to state. I was expected to learn this and know it before I moved the bus. My instructor was Reilly Hitchcock, a veteran driver who claimed to have something close to a million miles on the road. He had driven for Greyhound before taking an early retirement and joining Jackson.

I'm not sure why, but I was surprised as just how easy it was for me to maneuver the bus. Power steering and an automatic transmission helped, of course. But I seemed to have the knack of knowing just how big the bus was in length and width. Even though I was sitting ahead of the front axle, I was able to make good judgments about turning sharp corners and backing into tight slots. Most of the work was within plastic cones to start with, but when we went out on a tour around the outskirts of the city, I found it didn't make much difference. I could read my mirrors and make a good decision without having to make a lot of back-and-forth corrections.

Reilly tried to stymie me a couple of times and succeeded once. But once was enough for me to learn not to get trapped again. Blind alleys with no turning spots in the dark of night were the most difficult. Luckily, the buses had good backup lighting and a rear TV camera to show the way. But it wasn't easy and I learned to take it very slowly. Reilly complimented me on my ability not to get frustrated, but work my way out of tight spots logically.

I completed the course in mid-July, and while there was no merit badge for top student, Reilly quietly let me know he had ranked me first in class. It was something I could keep to myself and share only with Diane. Well, maybe I'd tell the children too.

I had a lot of confidence when I walked into the offices of Silver Arrow Tours. I had my medical certificate and my driving certificate. Surely they would hire me immediately. Well, not so fast.

"Naturally, we'll want to test you, Mr. Hansen," Warren Cloutier told me when I handed him my application. "We have eight or nine people applying for the three openings, so we want to make sure we get the cream of the crop."

"Yes, of course, I understand," I said, my heart sinking a little. I hadn't expected it to be a competition. "I was wondering, Mr. Cloutier, how many drivers work for Silver Arrow Tours?"

"Right now, we have forty-one, not including the three we intend to hire. We've lost one man to a medical condition, one has retired, and we're in the process of expanding our charter operations, so we're hiring to cover that."

"When will you be doing the testing?"

"We will call you next week and let you know when to come in. You will be evaluated on driving skill, safety procedures, mechanical aptitude, general appearance, and of course, attitude. We are a service organization, so our drivers must be 'customer friendly,'" he smiled.

I drove to the house feeling a little let down. I guess I thought that just completing the course would be enough for them to hire me, but it looked like I was going to have to go through another round of tests. I'd better be prepared. I wanted to be one of the chosen three.

coaster2
coaster2
2,587 Followers
12