Silver Arrow Ch. 23-24

Story Info
The start of a new romance?
7.8k words
4.79
14.9k
12

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/12/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,593 Followers

Chapter 23 A Change in the Weather

I made a seven-thirty reservation at Candilotti's. I was excited about our date. Rose and I were getting along very well and I felt more and more impressed with her as I got to know her better. I also found I was looking past her handicap and not seeing it as a barrier, merely a fact ... not unlike my dietary needs. I had explained on the phone my inability to eat large quantities to Mrs. Candilotti and she said to leave it to her and she would create something special for Rose and me.

I knocked on the Cummings door precisely at six-thirty and Margaret opened it almost immediately.

"Doug, come in. Rose is almost ready," she said, leaning over and whispering in my ear. "I'm so glad you're getting her out. She needs a life outside this ranch and the business. Thank you so much for doing this."

"I'm just glad she agreed to come with me tonight," I said quietly.

At that moment, I saw Rose walk into the great room and turn toward us. She looked amazing. Her hair was done in a special way that made her look very elegant, but her dress, a deep green in color, was also a highlight. For the first time, I saw her with some makeup and while it wasn't very much, it enhanced her appearance dramatically.

"Oh, my, Rose. You look wonderful," I said in awe.

"Thank you, Doug. You look very handsome yourself."

"I'll check in with Debbie around nine o'clock to make sure everything is okay," Margaret said. "Have a nice evening and don't rush back. Enjoy yourselves."

Margaret handed Rose a wrap for her shoulders, knowing it would be cool later that evening. With a final word, I turned to escort Rose out to the Dodge and caught a glimpse of Harlan, standing in the kitchen entrance and smiling and extending a thumbs up. I had the approval of the Cummings, and I hoped that it would be the beginning of something for Rose that would encourage her to socialize more.

I helped Rose into the Dodge and then put her wheelchair into the back. She seemed a bit nervous, but I was as well and the drive into Sacramento was quiet other than a comment or two about the weather or other innocuous topics. I found parking and helped Rose into her wheelchair. We walked, or rather, I pushed toward the restaurant a about a block away. I liked the old town and its very western feel. Despite being November, it was lively and active this Friday evening. Decorative street lighting and the various store fronts were lit up, giving the place a special feeling.

Mrs. Candilotti was at the reception desk when we arrived, and when I announced us she smiled and welcomed Rose and me, showing us to a very nice table near the front. I had not mentioned Rose's handicap, but I had asked if the place was wheel-chair accessible, discovering that it was mandated by law. The delightful, rotund woman welcomed us as if we were old, established customers.

Her "something special" was a series of samplers of almost everything on the menu. Pasta, veal, seafood, chicken and more. Not too much of any one thing, but plenty more than we could eat in one sitting. It allowed me to eat as much as I wanted without disappointing our hostess. Rose, as I already knew, had a hearty appetite and was enthusiastically praising our hostess's choices. I could relax. The evening was a hit and Rose was smiling continuously.

It was two hours later that I paid the bill, surprised that it wasn't as much as I expected. I thanked Mrs. Candilotti for her thoughtfulness and imagination and tipped the waitress generously. She had helped make the evening special for me and, I hoped, Rose.

"That was wonderful, Doug. Thank you. How did you know what to order? We never did see a menu."

"Our hostess promised something special when I mentioned my restrictions and by golly, she sure delivered."

"I probably ate too much," she said, "but it was so good and there were so many dishes to sample, I couldn't resist."

"If it's not too cool for you, why don't we walk around the town and see some of the sights," I suggested.

"Sure. It's early yet and my wrap will keep me warm enough for now. Thank you for tonight, Doug. I really enjoyed it."

"I'm glad you did, Rose. I'd like to do it again sometime. Maybe try something different next time."

I couldn't see the expression on her face since I was behind her, pushing, but I didn't sense any hesitancy when she replied.

"I'd like that too. I'd almost forgotten what it was like to be out on a date."

"Good. Then it's settled. I've discovered Armenian food since we've been going to Fresno. How does that sound?"

"Sure. I like it too. Armenian it is, then." I couldn't see, but 'heard' the smile in her voice when she agreed.

After our walk, I took her back to the car and helped her in once more. By ten-thirty we were back at the ranch. Margaret and Harlan were still up and I suspected were waiting for us.

"How was your evening," Margaret asked.

"Wonderful," Rose responded immediately.

I wonder if she knew how good that made me feel. I could see the big smiles on both Harlan's and Margaret's faces as Rose described the meal at Candilotti's.

I turned down a coffee offered by Margaret, knowing it would keep me awake, not that my evening with Rose wouldn't as well. I drove home with a good feeling about our first date and hopeful that it would be the first of several. I walked into the house to find Debbie sitting up, watching TV, but obviously waiting for me.

"How was your date?" she asked immediately.

"It was good. We had a very nice time, and we'll probably go out again."

"I'm glad, Dad. You need to have a life besides work and us kids. Rose is really, really nice, too. Did you kiss her?"

I must have blushed before I stammered out a "No. It's a little soon for that."

She giggled, "It's never too soon. Was she easy to talk to?"

"Yeah, very easy. We've been around each other for a few months now, so it's not like we don't know anything about each other."

She smiled once more before, "I'm going to bed now. Sweet dreams, Dad," she said as she kissed my cheek.

Yeah, sweet dreams all right.

~*~

Thanksgiving was held at the Cummings ranch house, and Margaret prepared a wonderful feast for the seven of us. Bill and Harlan watched football games while I spent time with Rose. Debbie and Sandy tried to help, setting the table and fetching things for Margaret when needed. When the kids headed back to the house later that evening, I stayed behind to help Margaret with the cleaning up.

"Are you and Rose going out this weekend?" she asked as I dried some of the dishes.

"Yes, we thought we might spend Sunday together. She's almost finished her driving lessons, so with her learners permit, I can accompany her while she gets some practice time in the van."

"You two are getting very close, aren't you?"

"Are we? It's hard to tell. I'm kind of backing off from her, trying not to push her into something that she's not ready for."

"Doug, Rose is ready, let me assure you. You are being too careful. I can see the look in your eyes when you are together, so I can guess how you feel about her. But I can also see the look in her eyes. Trust me, you don't have to be afraid to move the relationship along."

"You don't think I'm too old for her?"

She gave me a withering look. "You're just forty years old. She's not that much younger at thirty-three. That's hardly a big leap."

I stepped back toward the entrance to the kitchen and checked in the living room to see what Rose and Harlan were doing. They seemed to be absorbed in something and likely oblivious to the conversation between Margaret and me.

"Rose isn't completely inexperienced," Margaret said when I returned. "She's had a few temporary boyfriends over the years, but none of them lasted."

"Do you know why?"

"Some she dropped after a couple of dates. Maybe they thought they could take advantage of her. That she'd be grateful or something like that."

"Yeah, I can see that happening. But none of them were keepers?"

Margaret smiled. "There were one or two I thought might be right for her, but ... I guess there was no real connection. No magic ... you know?"

"I think I do. It's what Diane and I had. That intangible that makes the difference."

"Exactly! I have a feeling that it might be different for you and Rose. I don't really know why, but ... well ... it's just a feeling. Don't take me too seriously, Doug. I'm just an old gal with romantic notions."

"You have that feeling with Harlan, don't you," I stated.

"Yes," she smiled. "I have had since the beginning and it's still there."

"I know what it's like and I keeping hoping I'll find it once more."

"I'll keep my fingers crossed for you," she said with a genuine smile.

I'm not sure if the conversation with Margaret was the stimulus or not, but that Sunday when Rose and I went out for a drive I felt a good deal bolder. I was only worried that if I said or did something that upset Rose, it would distract her from her driving and I didn't want to do that, so I kept my thoughts to myself until we were back at the ranch.

"You drove very well today, Rose. I think you're ready for your test ... if not now, then soon."

I got a very big grin from her and a "Thank you" as well.

"You gave me the courage to do this, Doug. I really appreciate it. I didn't realize how much it would give me a sense of freedom. I was thinking, maybe it was time I took you out on a date, my treat. And I'll drive."

"That would be great. Name the time and place and I'll be ready."

"Well, let's see," she said playfully. "We've done Italian, Armenian, Chinese and Mexican. Why not good old-fashioned American?"

"I'm for that. Old Sacramento has a bunch of nice places. What about that bistro we've passed by several times?" I suggested.

"Yes. I'll make a reservation for Saturday night. Will Debbie be able to babysit?"

"She's going out with her latest boyfriend and I think Bill is going out too. Maybe I can get someone for Sandy."

"I'll bet Margaret would be willing. Sandy could stay with her until we get back. I'll ask her."

It turned out Harlan and Margaret had no plans for Saturday evening and immediately volunteered to have Sandy join them until we got back.

What had changed for us when we went out on a dinner date was the seating. Instead of my sitting across from Rose, I was now sitting beside her. If we could find a booth, so much the better. But if not, a table would still allow us to be closer. We were also holding hands quite often as well. I'm not sure when that started, but it seemed quite natural after Rose initiated it. I had been surprised until I remembered Margaret's comments at Thanksgiving.

"What would you like for Christmas, Rose?"

"A man in my bed," she answered immediately, completely catching me off guard.

"Oh, don't look so shocked, Doug. We've been leading up to this for some time."

"Rose, I haven't even kissed you ... except on the cheek. I mean, there hasn't even been a hint that you ... well ... you know."

"Doug, we're both mature adults. We both have feelings for each other. I don't believe in dancing around pretending we're just friends. I can tell how you feel, or at least I hope I can. You aren't anything like the men ... or boys ... that I once knew. Despite my handicap, I'm still a woman with all the normal hopes and dreams. You don't look at me with pity. You see past that. You see me. Not many men can do that."

I was shocked at her confession, and while I didn't know how to respond, I knew I needed to. I needed to tell her how I felt so that she didn't for a moment think she was wrong.

"You don't beat around the bush, do you?" I finally managed. "I have no idea how you saw into my heart, but you did. I was afraid to tell you how I felt, Rose. I was afraid I might drive you away. That would have ruined everything. I do have strong feelings for you. I do want more from our relationship. I want to know that it's right for both of us."

She smiled. It was a smile of pleasure and comfort. I had given her the encouragement she was hoping for. I had told her we had a chance. The rest was a matter of just how much we could create from our feelings.

"Eat hearty, Rose. You're going to need all your strength," I grinned as I leaned into her and for the first time, kissed her lips.

She didn't say a word, gazing into my eyes before returning for another kiss, this time with the tip of her tongue moving slowly across my lips.

"We'd better behave ourselves or we'll get tossed out of here," I chuckled as we parted.

"That would be a first, but maybe not a last."

She was showing all the signs of being happy; a lighthearted happiness that only encouraged me. We kissed once more before sitting back in our chairs.

This was the beginning of the next phase of my life. There were some logistical problems to work out, but I knew that night that Rose and I would make love and it wouldn't be long before it happened.

"So," Rose said with her elbow on the table and her chin in her hand, "your place or mine?"

"I don't think it matters," I said. "Either way, it's going to be awkward."

"Hmmm ... let me give this some thought," she said with a sly grin before pulling her cell phone out of her purse.

I watched her speed dial a number and waited.

"Margaret, it's Rose. Do you mind if I bring Doug back with me tonight?"

I felt the air go out of me at the sheer audacity of her question. I couldn't hear the other side of the conversation, but I could easily hear the giggle from Rose as she listened.

"We'll see you in about an hour," she said, signing off. "It's all arranged. Debbie will take Sandy home when she comes in from her date and you and I will have the night to ourselves."

"What about Margaret and Harlan?"

"They're at the other end of the house. They won't hear a thing ... probably," she giggled again.

"You arranged this, didn't you," I accused.

"I thought it might happen, so after Margaret encouraged me, I took a chance. I hope you aren't upset, Doug."

"No ... not upset ... surprised ... delighted in fact. I'm still trying to get my head around it."

"Good. That was what I was hoping for. Now, let's order dessert. There's no rush, is there?"

I shook my head, still a bit bewildered by how all this had happened. "Nope, no rush at all."

We shared a delightfully decadent chocolate confection, and I decided to take a chance and suggest an Irish Coffee to finish the evening. We had only ordered one glass of wine with dinner and I didn't think I would be taking a big risk with the cocktail to finish the evening.

It was over an hour later before we arrived back at the ranch and I pushed Rose into the big house. I didn't know what to say or how to act when Margaret and Harlan greeted us. Margaret took the initiative and hugged and kissed my cheek, then turned to Rose and did the same. Harlan just watched with a curious look, wondering himself how to react. It wasn't long before both of them wished us good night and disappeared to their bedroom.

Rose's room was at the other end of the house, as far away from the master suite as possible. She rolled herself into the room, then turned to face me.

"Close the door," she said unnecessarily. I was already moving to do that. When that was done I moved to the bed and sat on the edge.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

"Only for the good part," she smirked. "No ... I'm used to dressing and undressing myself ... unless you'd like to help."

"I would. I've been wondering what that body of yours would look like after all the exercises you do."

I watched as Rose used her arm strength to lift herself out of the chair and park herself beside me on the edge of the bed. I pulled her into my arms and kissed her, trying to put as much passion as I could into it.

"Oh ... that was nice," she said softly, her hand stroking my upper thigh.

I moved in again and repeated the kiss. This time her hand found the evidence that I was very stimulated by her. She squeezed my erection through my slacks while I held the kiss for as long as I could.

She was wearing a pastel blue blouse and navy blue skirt that evening. As with all her skirts and dresses, they were cut well below the knee for modesty since she spent so much time in her wheelchair. I began by unbuttoning her blouse and she responded by continuing to squeeze my erection.

I knew she had a very nice body, but I don't think I was quite prepared for just how lovely it was as I disrobed her. Her breasts were medium sized, firm and tipped with prominent dark nipples, each surrounded by a darker areola. Her hips displayed a prominent flare, most often disguised by the loose dresses and slacks she wore. She had a dark patch of pubic hair, neatly trimmed. More surprising, when I removed her skirt, were her thighs and legs. I expected them to be shrunken from disuse, but they were not noticeably so.

But above all, was the smile on her face, framed so beautifully by the ringlets in her dark brown hair. The smile told me she was happy, and that was what I most wanted to know.

"I was beginning to think I would have to drug you to get you interested in me," she said in a sultry voice.

"I was always interested in you, Rose, but being a natural born chicken, I didn't tell you that."

"I put you off when we first met, didn't I."

"Yes ... you'll remember me asking you if you wanted me to take the job. I thought you had a poor opinion of me."

"No ... just being my usual miserable self. I've spent too many years being sorry for myself, Doug. I'm not exactly sure why I'm so certain that you are the answer to that, but that's what my gut is telling me."

"You don't have a gut," I chuckled as I stroked her muscled abdomen. "You have the body of an athlete ... but a very sexy athlete. Are you going to wear me out tonight?"

"That is what I had in mind. I might never get another chance, so I'd better git while the gittin's good."

"Somehow, I don't think you have a thing to worry about unless I completely screw up and ruin tonight."

It took all my restraint to pace myself as I made love to Rose for the first time. I helped her part her legs and assumed the missionary position. I took my time with oral sex and she rewarded me with a very responsive reaction. When I felt the timing was right, I moved above her and began to prepare her. Rose had become quite agitated with my attempts, trying to hurry me along when I wanted to take my time. But I couldn't hold out forever and she was insistent that I enter her and I finally succumbed.

I really didn't know what to expect when we finally joined. I wasn't sure just how much she could feel and how she would respond. I thought she might be exceptionally tight, but as it turned out, she was certainly snug but not uncomfortable and I gradually pushed forward. I carefully began to move in her, listening for any sign that she was uncomfortable. I was going on male instinct, but within a few seconds, she was right with me.

"Oh, Doug, yes, yes, yes. So good, so good," she cried softly.

I kept up my slow pace and she continued to respond, although not vocally. Her body rose to meet me and her hands gripped my ass to pull me into her. I lost track of time and I'm sure she did as well. It didn't matter. We were doing what came naturally to a man and a woman.

I had been storing up my sexual frustration for months, but for Rose, I imagined it had been years. She wanted more as we lay together after I had finished inside her. At first, I noticed the tears and touched them with my finger tip to wipe them away.

"Are you all right? Did I hurt you?"

She shook her head. "No ... Doug ... it's been so long. You've uncaged a tiger. The tears are relief ... what I've been hoping for. But ... I want more. I want you, Doug. I want you to make love to me again ... and again ... and again."

coaster2
coaster2
2,593 Followers