Silver Ch. 03-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Rehearsal...sh...sugar!'

Rehearsal was like a religious experience for Nick, almost inconceivable he might forget. An initial keenness had seen them practice every spare moment through the spring, giving way to the more regimented Tuesday and Thursday evenings after work and Sunday afternoons from midday. That particular Sunday it was gone one o'clock. 'Come on, Ah'll give you a lift,' she offered.

He rushed around, gathering up the essentials: the two songs scribbled on A4 notepaper, the guitar and the silver plectrum, returning before Jan had an opportunity to snoop around. Guiding her outside, the warm air of early afternoon brushed their faces as they boarded the little Citroen, Nick directing the way.

During the journey he tried to concoct some funny lines that might impress her, a doomed project for spontaneity wasn't his strong suit. Indeed, he could be tongue tied at the best of times, even with those he knew well. Plus a general lack of experience with the female sex didn't help. It was Jan that broke the silence as the car pulled up a safe distance from the Maddens' house. 'So what time do you finish? Mebbe you can show a girl around this big old city of yours.'

Nick regarded the girl sceptically. Might this perhaps be some kind of test on Richey's part? Yet she seemed genuine enough. 'We usually finish about eight.'

She nodded, smiling. 'Ah'll come pick you up then.'

Jumping from the car, he glided on air. Weren't things supposed to be more difficult where girls were concerned? Wasn't he supposed to endure endless heartache with no reward?

In fact, the only hurdle he could foresee was Richey. Actually, Richey wasn't so much a hurdle as a fence, not just a fence but Becher's Brook if he were brutally honest.