Silver Eyes Ch. 04

Story Info
A romance between a vampire and a supernatural woman.
3.5k words
4.71
27.9k
18
5

Part 5 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'He what?'

Annette winced as Olivia shrieked out loud dropping her teacup on the dining table with a clatter. It was Saturday morning and Annette had not been able to sleep as she went over last night's fight. Olivia had been surprised to see her up so early and Annette had told her all that had happened the night before, starting from the moment the man and his friends had entered the bar and ending with his disappearance.

'I know. I mean, it sounds unbelievable right? I would have hardly believed it myself if I didn't see it and I know I definitely was not drunk. I didn't even taste anything remotely alcoholic. The man honest to goodness disappeared!' Annette ran weary fingers over her face, 'Although I really shouldn't be that surprised. I mean, the way I flung him all over the place, any normal person would have been in a coma if not dead and this guy barely felt a thing. In fact, he looked amused, once he'd gotten over the shock of being thrown about by a short girl. Oh God, Olivia, he said he would never stay away from me, what the fuck have I got myself into?'

'Got yourself into? Annette, shouldn't you be wondering what the fuck it was you fought with last night? I mean he definitely isn't normal from what you said. What if he's like you?'

Annette froze at this question, staring at Olivia with her wide silver eyes. She had not bothered with her contact lenses as she could not concentrate on anything but what had happened. Oh my God, she thought. It was true. What if there were other people like her, she thought. I mean, in novels, the hero always thought he/she was one of a kind then found out midway through the novel that there were others like him/her.

'Oh God, you're right! I knew there wasn't something altogether right about him and his two friends. What if he knows what I am?' Then she wrinkled her nose as she thought of something, 'If he really did though, how come he asked me what I was? I mean, he wouldn't have been that surprised would he? And anyway, I can't disappear but he can. He must be something else. Maybe similar to what I am but definitely something else.'

'Hmmm,' Olivia tapped a beautifully manicured pink nail on the edge of her teacup. All thoughts of the tea were forgotten. 'Maybe he's a vampire.'

At this, Annette burst out laughing, 'Vampire? Really, Livvy? That's a bit too farfetched mate, even for me. Vampires, werewolves, fairies, whatever; they do not exist.'

'But would you have thought someone like you existed if you did not know it?' Olivia asked sagely.

Annette stopped laughing abruptly. That was true. She definitely was not your average girl, but at least she breathed. And had a heartbeat. She tried to remember if the man had had a heartbeat but she could not. No matter; maybe there were extra strong, weird pill-popping drugs out there, but she was certain he was not a vampire. That could not be true.

'No, Livvy. I don't think he's a vampire. Something like me, maybe a more reformed me, yes. But vampire, uhn uhn.' She emphasised this with a firm shake of her head.

'If you say so. Well we have to find out what he is and how to get him to stay away from you because you really don't want to bring any unnecessary attention to yourself, remember?' Olivia stated matter-of-factly.

Annette nodded, more to herself than her best friend. That was definitely true, or else all those Sisters who had sacrificed so much for her had done so in vain.

'You're right. The problem is where do we start?'

***

'She threw you across the street? Like you were nothing? Ha ha ha.' Drake guffawed loudly at the annoyed expression on Sebastian's face. Damien joined in the laughter, chortling so hard he spewed his coffee across the table.

'Har, har. Laugh all you want but think about this. If she could do this to me without breaking a sweat, think what she could do to both of you who aren't one tenth as powerful as me.'

This quietened the twins abruptly. 'Uh, so what do we do then? She might be a threat to the vampire community like that TV Buffy girl. What if she's like a vampire slayer?' Drake asked seriously.

Sebastian rolled his eyes at this. Even Damien shook his head. 'That has got to be the stupidest thing you've ever said, and believe me when I consider that amazing as you are a walking book of stupid quotes. A vampire slayer, really?'

'Then you come up with something more plausible, Mr Havard, Yale and Princeton all rolled into one.' Drake said disgruntled.

Sebastian rubbed his face and leaned back on his leather sofa. He had given a lot of thought to what the girl could be and had actually considered if she was truly a threat to their tightly knit community. As a master vampire, he could go out in the sun to look for her but that would deplete his energy quickly. Drake and Damien were too young to attempt day walking and would be burned if they tried. He would try seeing and, hopefully, talking to her on Monday night at her place of work but if that did not work then there was only one thing to do. Ask for help from their 'day brothers', the werewolves. This would be especially unpalatable as the werewolves were an extremely smug race and would lord it over the vampires for centuries for needing their help. Luckily, their leader, Angus, was a good friend of his, so he would ask him to help discreetly without telling his Pack. He would, in turn, not tell his coven as news would spread to the vampires in other cities and countries and might lead to the girl's death. And that was something he definitely did not want happening. He smiled to himself as he thought about her sparkling eyes. She was more beautiful when she did not have those brown eyes. He had finally met someone strong enough to match him, even stronger and, coupled with the desire he felt for her there was no way he was letting her go.

***

It was Monday night and Annette could not help jumping every time the door to the bar was pushed open. She sternly advised herself after jumping for the eleventh time to 'quit it' as Melissa had begun to give her half-puzzled, half-irritated looks. Soon it was time for her cigarette break and she sighed to herself in relief. It was nearly one o' clock and there were no signs of the 'gorgeous three' as she called them. Especially the disappearing one. She lit one up and inhaled slowly, savouring the nicotine rush. All of a sudden, she felt an icy shiver go down her spine and she whirled around quickly. No sign of him, or anyone. She turned back chuckling nervously to herself. She really had to get a gr...

'Aargh!' She yelped out loud as her face hit a hard chest. It was Him. The disappearing one. Her heart raced speedily before being forcibly calmed down as she inhaled and exhaled slowly.

'Bloody Hell, you startled me.' She half gasped. He simply stared at her with a mocking smile on his face. If possible, he was more gorgeous than before. His blond locks fell over one eye and the other visible green eye was pinned on her with heart pumping intensity.

'I apologise, that was not my intention.' He said sounding anything but apologetic.

Annette could not help the snarky remark that burst from her, 'No puff of smoke I see. Golly, what heralds your disappearing and appearing act then?'

His grin widened at that. 'No, no puff of smoke sorry to disappoint you. Although, it did take me more than a few centuries to perfect the stealthy way I do it.'

Annette choked on her cigarette. Did he just say more than a few centuries? What the hell? Oh No, Livvy was right. He was a...

'Ah, I see you discussed me with this friend you always refer to in your mind, Livvy is it? So she was right in guessing who or what I was. A vampire.'

'You have got to be joking me. I didn't think you lot existed. And stop effing reading my mind, Transylvania king!'

He burst out laughing at that. 'That's definitely a new one. I've heard blood sucking leech, devil servant, monster...but Transylvania king; wow, definitely a new and good one.'

'Ha, ha...lovely I made your day...oops, shoulda been night. Anyway, vampire man, I have to go back in. Thanks for keeping me company, not that I asked of course. Hope I never see you again.' Annette turned around and made to walk off but his voice stopped her.

'And that's it? No questions or real surprise that we really do exist? No thoughts on how I read your mind, or disappear, or anything. You just hear out of this world remarks and walk off. Wow, you truly are an interesting human.'

'Why would I be shocked by what you just said when I'm still trying to figure out what exactly I am? At least you're in a named category, albeit weird. You can name yourself -- you are a vampire. I am...a nameless freak.' And with that she walked into the bar, shutting the door behind her softly.

***

Well, that went well. If you could call being introduced to a vampire that. Annette sighed loudly to herself as she wiped the bar counter half-heartedly. She had half thought (half hoped a small voice in her head slyly put in) that the vampire would try to talk to her again. Not that she was going to listen to him of course, she hastily reminded herself. She would simply have loved to turn him down again. She shook her head wryly to herself as she dropped the damp napkin in the tiny laundry basket by the kitchen door way. Who was she kidding? Deep down she loved the fact that he pestered her. Who wouldn't? Attention from a guy as hot as he was? Forgetting, of course, the fact that he was a blood sucking vampire if the movies were right.

She shook her head once more and looked at the time. He must fancy her to keep on bothering her but there was no way anything could happen between them. It was futile so best she got her head out of the clouds it was seeking to bury itself in.

Another sigh. Well, she had to make a move now or she definitely would miss the bus.

As she walked to the bus stop, she looked round half expecting someone or something to pop out at her. These days, one thing or the other disturbed her previously tranquil nightly walks to the bus stop.

As if on cue, she heard His voice behind her. 'You really should stop being so hard-headed. Walking home alone at night is not conducive for a lady.'

She let out a small smile and turned round to see him standing behind her, his head tilted slightly to a corner.

'Ah, but I was not alone, was I? And it isn't particularly scary. Not that it was before. In any case, now that it seems I have my very own bodyguard, I think it's pretty 'conducive'.' She replied.

He smiled at this as he walked towards her. 'Touché.'

She looked up at him waiting. What was he going to do now?

'Nothing. Except to see you get safely on this bus you seem intent on taking late at night.' He answered her inward question.

She groaned quietly to herself. Was he ever going to stop reading her mind? She quickly put up a hand as he opened his mouth again. 'No, don't answer that. It was more of a rhetorical question. Anyway if you want to wait here, oh knight in shining armour, then feel free. As I've said, and proven, I can take care of myself so whatever.'

She turned round to continue her walk to the bus stop. Luckily too, as the bus was making its way to the bus stop. She ran quickly watching as the bus made its lumbering way down.

'Would you have dinner with me whenever you're free?'

She whirled round. He was standing right behind her, so close that she could feel his breath ruffle the fine hair at her temples. She hastily stepped back, her heart racing a bit. God, he could be scary.

'No. Thanks. And please, leave me alone. I'm happy I'm not the only weirdo in the world, or at least this city. But this is not a movie and I do not want to get to know you or join forces with you or whatever simply because we're different from regular people. We are not the same and we never will be. So please, I beg you. Leave me alone.' She wearily said. She was tired of all this. Although she felt a bit of a fanciful spark for him she knew there was no way 'they' were going to work. And the sooner she got used to it -- they both got used to it, the better for them.

She turned around and got on the bus as it came to a stop. She hoped this was the last time they saw each other. He could keep his secret as a vampire to himself and whoever else he knew and she would keep hers. Her life was too complicated to include another inexplicable being and she simply could not afford anything more or less.

***

Sebastian gazed at the painting he had been staring at thoughtfully for the past two hours. It was not the painting itself he was studying, he merely needed something to stare at and his eyes had chosen the exquisite Van Gogh masterpiece. He went back to the last thought that went through the mind of his new fixation.

Her life was too complicated and she could not afford anything more or less.

What exactly did she mean? Was she referring to the fact that she was different? Or was there something more? His gut told him there was something more and his gut had never been wrong. He needed to find answers. This was his life mate, he was sure. He certainly had never felt anything like he did for her in over two millennia. When he was around her, the heart he believed he did not possess thudded heavily in his chest. Her eyes, her hair, her smile, her smell -- God, her smell. He inhaled deeply as if he could smell her and wanted to get every inch of her scent down his lungs. And the way her top had pressed against her full, lovely breasts when she had stretched to fill up the glass of someone at the bar. God, his fist involuntarily clenched. His mind had been filled with extremely x-rated thoughts. Freeing those lush breasts, palming them, licking, nibbling and sucking those nipples he was sure were dark and gorgeous, bending her over the bar counter and...

'Hey, bro. What's got your face all tightened up?'

He whirled round with his teeth bared at the intruder. It was Drake. A shocked Drake who wisely backed off, his hands raised in surrender. 'Hey, hey, hey, calm down bro. Just...calm down.'

Sebastian ran a frustrated hand through his hair. 'Sorry, Drake. I'm just a bit out of it tonight.' He truly was. This was the first time in centuries that anyone had been within a mile of him without his sensing it. The fact that his thoughts had been interrupted also contributed to his ire. He really needed to get a grip. He knew he would not be himself fully until he figured out everything he could about his woman as he now referred to her in his mind.

He turned to a carefully sat Drake. 'Brother. I need your help. I need to do something, find something, anything at all about Her.'

Drake looked confused, 'Her?' Then his face cleared, 'Oh, her. The bar girl. Just get one of the vamps to look her up. Hell, I'll help if you're that worried. I've been watching Buffy re-runs on how to get her weak spot anyway...'

Sebastian bit back a grin. Trust Drake to put a smile on his face. Buffy re-runs.

'No, it's more than that. I want to be the one looking her up. But she's not as easy as humans. She isn't the average human and she does not care about herself. Why else would she be walking the streets alone at night? She might be strong but she's not invincible. She is so hard-headed it's unbelievable. I need to watch her, to take care of her, to protect her...' His voice trailed off as he saw the way Drake was staring at him. 'What is it?'

'Oh my God,' Drake looked shocked and amused as he stared at Sebastian. 'You've got the hots for her haven't you? Woo-wee! Damian has got to hear this.'

Sebastian growled inwardly. Why did Drake have to reduce everything to his own silly level?

'I do not have the hots for her.' He retorted angrily at Drake. So angrily that Drake's smile was wiped off his face. Sebastian sighed roughly and sat down next to his friend. He buried his head in hands and mumbled to himself, 'I do not know what it is I feel for her exactly. But I know this, what I do feel for her is different from anything I have ever felt for anybody. Even you and Damian. I think she is my life mate.'

Drake widened his eyes at this. 'Whoa. Life mate? That's serious, man.' He stared at his older friend's head. In the centuries he had known Sebastian, he had never seen him like this. So hopeless. 'If that's the case just keep on trailing her then. I can watch her home or whatever when we find out where she lives and you can watch the bar and Damian can...hell, he can watch the cemetery.'

Sebastian looked up at this, 'The cemetery? What does that have to do with anything?'

'You know...if she like pulls a Buffy on us or something.'

Sebastian groaned loudly. 'Drake, she is not Buffy. She did not even know we existed until I told her and she has nothing to gain from killing us. Even if she wanted us dead she would not need a cemetery to do that. In case you haven't noticed we don't sleep there, do we?'

Drake shrugged sullenly, 'Well, fair enough. So what do you want us to do then?'

Sebastian shrugged, 'I don't know. There's only so much we can do. We're night creatures. And the only time she's not really safe is when she's walking to the bus stop anyway. Not like it really matters, protecting her. She's established she's capable of taking care of herself. What I really want to know is why she thinks her life complicated.'

'Maybe because she's a freak?'

'No. It's more than that. And she's not a freak.'

Drake shrugged a half-hearted apology. 'Well, we need to get close to her and be her friend or whatever. And we can't do that because she knows who we are. And it's not like you can send some other vamp because she might start to wonder why she only sees him at night now that she knows we exist. So you need to get her a day friend.'

Sebastian looked at Drake with something close to disbelief. Drake self consciously ran a hand through his hair, 'What, I'm not as dumb as I look. Most of the time anyway.'

Sebastian laughed out loud at this. Drake could actually put his brain to work when required. 'You're right. Absolutely right. So what do we do then? Who can we control to be our daytime eyes?'

'Why control anyone when you can get a trustworthy person to help you? Someone we both know would do anything for his true, blood relative.' Drake asked smiling.

Sebastian smiled to himself as well. He remembered thinking of the same person not too long ago. It was time he overlooked the animosity between their kind and werewolves and rope his great (countless times) grandson in his predicament. Anyway, as his ancestor, he was owed respect. 'That's an excellent idea Drake. All I have to do is find out where she lives. Then get Angus into the picture. He did complain about how dull his life had become the last time I saw him. Maybe it's time to give him something to sink his teeth into.'