Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

Dan let her stroke his hair for a several minutes. He realized that he had really missed relaxing with Mari this way. Yes they loved each other and deeply but it stopped there. Ultimately Mari had needed a father figure which was what Dan gave her. To Dan she was the one thing that had kept him relatively sane when he had arrived. Both were mated and that was that. He finally sat up and smiled at Mari. "I miss this closeness. Aiden has the feel of a submissive but there will always be a special connection with you."

He moved and squatted down in front of her and lifted his hands to her cheeks and cupped her face for a moment. Dan opened his mouth and the golden howl flowed out. It was different than any she had heard from him before. Her mouth opened and a similar howl flowed out of her mouth. Everyone in the room froze. This continued on for some time till Dan shut his mouth.

Mari sang on for a few moments later before closing her mouth and her eyes popped open. They were the full lavender indicating her wolf was sharing the front of her mind. She had to give her body a shake and a slow smile crossed her face. "Oh wow that was cool. What did you do?" Her face was almost glowing with emotion.

Dan pulled her close to him and gave her a good hug. "I was testing your wolf and your dominance and my Little One isn't so little anymore." He had to contemplate how to explain it. "This is something from my world which is one of those miserable things to explain. Not because it is bad but because it tends to give me a headache. In my former world there was a very special type of wolf. They are so rare that I only knew of a dozen or so worldwide. This wolf is outside the normal hierarchy of a Pack. They can be considered a submissive since they don't have a drive to advance or gain rank. They can resist the commands of an Alpha and can command wolf much like an Alpha though they rarely do. This type of wolf is in a way a healer of broken wolves."

He had to take a ragged breath. "You are literally the only reason I am still alive. Your wolf used the powers she didn't realize she had to help me. This is how you can be in charge as Geoff's mate yet work as a submissive." Dan's expression was showing awe at what he had found. What he had done was rarely done since it was used only to evaluate wolves without a clear dominance level. He was going to have to do something really, really nice for Geoff. What he didn't know but he was going to figure it out come hell or high water.

Everyone in the room, except the Luna, blinked at that and Mari was looking very confused. "Okay, so what does that really mean for me? Is it going to change anything for me?" Mari wasn't concerned as much as curious. No she wasn't perfect now and still had issues with what had been done with her. That was something that she would have to deal with for a long time. What she wanted to know was if now knowing this would change how people reacted to her or how she dealt with others.

Dan settled back down where he had been and considered her question. "Mmm, yes and no but for the most part no. What you are is simply who you are if you see what I mean. It is as inherent to you as being an Alpha is to me. In your case there isn't much training needed since it is an instinctive ability. Now that you know about it you will notice that over time you will start being able to chose when to obey a command. We will talk about it later since I am going to head to bed." He stood and gave her a kiss before leaving the room.

~~~

The next morning Dan was in a meeting with Xipil, Alysson, and the rest of the most senior rulers and staff. They were just getting ready to discuss what Dan and Geoff had been told about the Darkness by the Luna when Alysson's brother barged in. "Where is she? I have to know, where is she?" His hair was a mess, he looked like he hadn't slept last night, and his clothing was wrinkled as if he had slept in it. "Where the hell is my mate and what did you do to her?" That was a scream from a very pissed of Kitsune who wanted his mate and now.

Everyone turned and looked at him in shock at her brother and frankly all of them were completely speechless. Alysson was probably the most shocked since her brother had long since informed her that he had been informed he didn't have a mate in their country. It had never occurred to her that he might have one in a different country. Looking back she had to wonder if that was why he refused to travel. It was very possible he knew when he was supposed to meet her but not how.

Xipil turned to him and after a good look nodded at two guards who helped the man to a chair. Someone carried over a drink for him and handed it to him. "Calmly Healer and congratulations on finding your mate. Now what can you tell us about her? From the sounds of it something has happened to her. Do you know what might have happened or where she might be?" He was projecting a sense of distance to the Healer to help him think.

Dan had leaned back in his chair and frowned slightly. "Let me take care of this Xipil. I think I have an idea of who he is talking to." He pulled on his mid-form including his formal robes and swords. He walked over to the obviously distraught man and grasped his shoulder. "Look at me Leon and tell me what you know."

Leon jolted when Dan called him by name. He hadn't used that name for more years that he wanted to think about. It did what Dan had wanted and jerked him out of his obvious funk and forced him to focus on him. When he did he realized Dan was in his full glory and he automatically bowed. "Lord of the Clans she is a wolf who has been badly injured. I don't know where she is only she is close." When he looked up at Dan there were tears in his eyes. "Please Lord of the clans take me to her, she needs me badly and the sooner the better."

He squeezed Leon's shoulder in sympathy. "I know who it is and if you are her mate she does need you desperately. I will take you to her but before I do I have to tell you the one of our world that we are fighting had her long enough to start inflicting some major damage to her body and mind. She might or might not recognize you at first. Do what I tell you and if I tell you to leave then do so. This is for your protection." He gave Leon's shoulder another squeeze and pulled on his powers and they vanished from the room.

When they appeared they were outside the wards to her cage all the pups and kits jumped a foot in the air. Gianni was there and looked over at them "Alpha Danny can we helps him? Hes look not good." She came over to Leon and patted his leg in comfort. "Dannys take good care of you mister fox."

Inside the room the female wolf stood up and she turned and stared at Leon. When his eyes met hers she lifted her head in a howl of pain and agony before trying to hide in a corner.

*****

A/N: this is a bit short but I liked the stopping point. I hope you enjoy this section and as always vote, comment, scream in frustration... Enjoy.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers
12