Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So far Alysson's accountants had found entire companies of troops who didn't exist, had been disbanded, or hadn't been in use for ages. There were going to be a number of the general staff who weren't going to like their new accommodations. The Palace had a very impressive dungeon and he was making full use of it. Granted it was much cleaner and the food was better but going from a four poster bed to a plank with a pallet... Well it was one hell of a learning experience.

"Okay, I think we have enough ideas for the moment. I am going to try and find a builder who isn't a drunken back street brick layer with illusions of grandeur." He smirked at Pam when he said that and she snorted at him. "Geoff informed me that Mari is going to have a meeting with the local Alpha's tomorrow. He also informed me she had made the invitation as insulting as possible." He rolled his eyes when he said that. "Damn blood thirsty wolves."

Dan had to blink since he hadn't heard about that but once he recovered a slow smile crossed his face. "I might just have to go and watch her deal with them. Mind you I will be hiding so they can't see me but I want to see their expression when they get their ass kicked by either a Kitsune or a Little Wolf."

Xipil heaved a sigh and rolled his eyes again. "I rest my case. As I said damn blood thirsty wolves." Hell he might just go and watch as well just because. To be honest most of the wolves were beaten down enough that Mari probably wouldn't have too much of a problem.

~~~

The next morning when Mari woke up she stared at the ceiling and contemplated what to wear to the meeting. She wanted to show that she was one of the new powers, which sounded so wrong, but didn't want to go for overbearing. She wanted to show that she was in a position of authority but not that in your face that so many officials here went for. After rolling out of bed she went to her wardrobe and opened it and started thumbing through what was in there.

"May I help you ma'am?" It was one of the girls who had started rotating through hers and Pam's rooms.

Mari nibbled on a finger nail. "You might just be able to. I have the meeting with the other wolf packs at lunch. I need some clothing that says I am to be given respect but not the you will give me respect if you know what I mean. I need to look like I have authority but not the demanded authority of most of the officials around here." Normally at the Clan she would be in a decent skirt and blouse but that wouldn't work here.

The girl gave her a knowing nod. "I think I see what's you mean ma'am." She was trying hard to speak better than how she had grown up. She reached into the closet and pulled out a split skirt normally used for riding. "This will allow you to move and have plenty of freedom yet still says you are female. I would go with a nice blouse and a stylish leather vest." She pulled out a few other things. Since Mari wasn't all that large on top, even with nursing, she wasn't going to need more support than she had for that. "I would suggest the sword belt of links in your colors. Also I would suggest the good sheath for your sword."

Mari couldn't help but grin at the girl. "Thank you for that and I think this will work well. Add in my Clan necklace as well as pack and mating necklaces I will have plenty of bling." When she turned Geoff was lying on his side smiling at her. She walked over and gave him a good kiss. "So what are you going to wear my cute little fox?"

He made a face at her after returning the kiss. "I figured I would go with the heavy boots, pants, my swords, and a good shirt. I have a nice chain mail vest as well I am going to use. Just for good measure I am going to go in my mid-form as well. Add in my bling as you put it and we will cut a fine pair." As he was talking he rolled off the bed and stretched.

Both he and Dan had a man servant as well. Geoff's was a younger Kitsune who was related to Xipil. For Dan it was a wolf from the local pack. As he had been talking the young man had started pulling out what he had been talking about. "Do you want a shower first Sir?" They normally did though getting used to braiding Geoff's hair had taken some time.

Both nodded and headed to the bathroom. It didn't take them all that long before they were done and back out. They had their first layer of clothing on. The rest would go on after their hair was done being fiddled with.

Mari had to grumble. "I still find it annoying that someone somewhere decided I have to have the same number of braids as you have tails." She had the hair for it but much like he had said by the end of the day she would have a headache.

Since Geoff was the one who had had a quiet word with one of the Clan Elders about it he chose not to say anything about that. "How was I to know that by mating with me you were required to have a braid for each tail." He even managed to say that with a straight face. While they were talking the two kids were starting to work on their hair.

Eventually they were ready. Geoff stood and gave his head a good shake to make sure it was well done. "I am going to the morning meeting and I will see you shortly before lunch." He gave her a kiss before leaving the room.

Mari returned the kiss and shook her hair as well. "I feel so silly this way darn it. At least I don't have Dan's issue." Each of his braids in formal attire had stones matching the color of each tail. When he moved he tended to clink and chime. "Well Hun shall we go and talk to the female wolves to ensure they have what is needed? After that I am going to the office and see what horrible stacks of paper they have for me."

The girl had to giggle at her expression. "I will let you have the fun of that ma'am. I will stay with the pack and help get ready for lunch." When they walked into the pack section it was busy.

Mari had to lift an eyebrow since Amarish was there with Gianni and the kits and pups. He was handing out assignments for things to do to prepare. Most of them were for cleaning and ensuring there weren't any rats or mice in the area. Amarish looked at Juan and the little black Kitsune. "Juan and Blackie you are going to be working together to bring water to the pups as well as snacks. If you need more help get with Gianni and she will assign some additional pups to help. Now Kasai I would like you to..."

Mari glanced at the Alpha female and they both had to smile. *He is really showing his colors now. I know his parents are more than pleased with how he and Amariah have been growing.*

She had to roll her eyes. *True but I have a feeling if he stays her to much longer he is going to be an Alpha kit and take over the pack someday. That would be really annoying.* She was grinning when she said it.

Mari snickered and then started checking to see what they were going to need delivered for the meal. She was taking a page out of both Dan and Alysson's book and going to stuff the other wolves before dealing with them.

~~~

Mari was sitting in a chair next to Geoff at the head of the table. They could feel the Alpha's approaching and both could tell they were not happy. She swapped a grin with Geoff before composing her face. "They will be here in a moment. Open the gate and invite them in please." This was going to be interesting to say the least.

The small gate opened and a number of people came in. The first thing Mari and Geoff noticed was they were all male. Mari's expression didn't change but when she spoke her voice was cold. "I thought I asked for you to bring your mates as well."

One male snarled at her. "We don't answer to you. What do you want woman." He said that with a sneer.

Geoff had to speak. "Mari try not to kill anyone. I would hate to have lunch delayed while the courtyard was cleaned." There was a slightly amused expression on his face.

12