Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 02 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He touched her face, "You have already brought light to the truth of my father's deeds and what we did together. You ensured I was not a footnote in history. We fought for a future beyond us. Focus your training on those things that others cannot teach.

Doctrine, the code, courtly conduct, the Laws, heraldry, heavy armor acrobatics on foot, and on horseback. Those things you must learn, learn with them so you are ready.

Get them proficient in both the sword and bow and focus to specialize them with the sword. While you add specialization with the bow to yourself. Others can help them to specialize in the bow after you, but you're fighting style with the sword and acrobatics will only be gained by you. It was being ingrained into you in the waters of Silent Falls. Kirra needs to move now. She will be a gestalt, like me but not a storm mage.

You picked the right Blade Singer; they will challenge each other. Our sons mark the end of twin births. It goes for only three generations. They will still be a fertile family for many generations.

She smiled, "Why the males more so than the females?"

He smiled, "Males having many children does not hurt them. It will kill females eventually. I think it was a plea father made after he passed. After losing so many wives during childbirth he did not wish that to be a burden to his daughters."

She looked at him, "What about the wives to the males?"

He smiled again, "That is why it will stop being the norm after three generations. The answer is you. Mother of Paladins and Midnight Rider. It is a gift for you." He faded away as she awoke.

Epilogue

Auga 2nd 7033

Marked the first day of training. It would not be the last. Within days Kirra was in the Academy as predicted. As promised, Silver made time for her every day. She worked tirelessly for 30 years preparing for her own return to the world. She was ready and one with the code when she was required to leave on assignment. She said her goodbyes to all of the children and left them in the care of their Aunt the Duchess.

Feba 14th 7041

Eight years later on a mission to find disenfranchised elves and encouraging them to go home to the elven people and find their heritage. A bar patron heard her story of turning from Tyr to start the new Paladin order. He was a rogue Paladin of the Order of the Rose. The Commander at the monastery of the Rose contacted friends of his in the Knights and helped to get her body home.

Accompanied by a full honor guard of Paladin's of the Rose, Commander 'Brunt' brought his friend home to her family. He explained the circumstances surrounding her death. Including the fact, 'The paladin in question used a poisoned blade else she would have still been alive.' He told them the rogue was being dealt with and would ultimately end in the death of the fallen paladin.

A death normally reserved for one who kills one of their own order. Long, painful, and befitting of the crime. He explained the role of this woman, her husband, and the role in ensuring the world was not destroyed by dragons. He fought the Lich alongside her husband. He would later find the ring that fell into a corner that administered the poison that killed her husband.

He promptly destroyed the item in the recently restarted forge. She had her ashes buried with her husband. They had been waiting for her death to be laid to rest. They planted a new Silvertree. Once again Doc performed the ritual for a fallen member of the Silvertree family. This time it was planted at the embassy they founded. The Silvertree family and the newly crowned King did not blame the Paladins. Just as in their own society tolerance was slow to come.

Juna 24th 7064

Travious Silvertree was Knighted as 'Travious Silvertree, Knight Paladin, Champion of Corellon Larethian.' In keeping with the Gods' wishes, they were never to be called 'Sir' but Knight Paladin. The next day he began training two more, but that is his story. To help distinguish them from the guard and populace the outer edge of the shields was made a sapphire blue. The same color as the Mother of Paladins Eyes and her son Travious.