Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 03 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literoticaยฎ experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If you encounter one and they take the ring off then you will be fighting the dragon and fighting for your lives. The ring will have a necromantic element to it. The rings would not be usable by your people for what she just did because you have nobody who knows the polymorph spells. Arcane knowledge is required.

The blue I found in the eleven Palace and the red was in the Palace of the Griffon riders on a Queen's handmaiden. I hope they stay uninterested in your people. They have not done so for the others. I cannot say they are not here already as we have not looked beyond this location on this beach."

He nodded, "Thank you for the information. 50 years."

Travious handed him a crystal, "Communication crystal in case they do show up and you need our help or wish to discuss this further. For your leaders."

He nodded.

Travious nodded and looked at him. "As soon as you step back a few feet we will leave in the manner in which we came here."

He stepped back and they were back at the crossroads. He sighed, "That was a waste."

He pulled out his crystal to his Aunt, "I know I am probably interrupting something."

She sighed, "Not at the moment. What do you need?"

He sighed, "Come to my home in 10 minutes. I have a request to make of you."

She groaned, "Alright. This had better be good."

He put the crystal away and unsaddled and unburdened Shi'Drakon of his barding. "Find 1 or a 100 you have not fucked my friend."

He went down the road and headed toward the wood elf village. He took his gear inside and dropped it on the floor.

The Countess looked at him, "You made it back alive."

He nodded. "I gave them every warning I could, including the rings. Bree demonstrated one. They said to come back in 50 years. I left a communication crystal."

She nodded her understanding.

Travious looked at the Countess, "After evening meal I have a request to make."

She nodded, "What do you need?"

Travious looked at her, "To visit my parents grave at the embassy. I was in training when the funeral was done and have never been. I think part of the reason I am taking the loss of my troops so hard is I never had time to mourn or reflect on my own parent's deaths."

She nodded, "I will take you and your wives."

He smiled, "With horses. I know we have elven war horses out there."

She nodded, "You do have about a 1,000 or more out there last I heard. That was a long time ago. Could be quite a few more now."

His Aunt the Duchess arrived and he looked at her, "I need your help."

She looked at Travious, "In what regard?"

He sighed, "I need you to use the Knights network to find aerial units that use lances. Dragon hunters if you will. To teach our riders. Then they can teach the next generation. Also, to teach my Shadow Riders who will be going into this fray as well."

She nodded, "Can send the request out through the network. You will have to negotiate with them."

Travious nodded. "Thank you. Ensure these two crystals get to the Palace. The others are in the hands of the Queen of the Griffon Riders and emissary of the Pegasus Riders. I was asked to keep away from the capital while the King negotiates with the human King of Grand Falls. I am going to visit my parents' grave this evening. The Countess is taking us out there at my request. My sister and brother are both dead. According to the Lady of Dreams."

His Aunt Zaria about fell over, "I helped to raise the three of you. I know I am not the best mother but I did care for the three of you. I still do. Thank you for letting me know."

Travious nodded, "I need to inform the King."

She sighed and they stepped out. She left and he secured the room. "Your Majesty, do you have a moment to talk about a potential threat?"

The King sighed, "Let me get to a secure area. I am in open court."

He finally came back, "In a secure location."

Travious steeled himself, "I had a conversation with the Lady last night. She confirmed to me that my brother was dead and his unit destroyed. She said the attacking force was a thousand strong but his unit put up one hell of a fight before falling. Killing 20 to 1. Are we in a state of war with this action?"

The King sighed, "Technically as soon as I confirm it from the field, then yes."

He sighed, "I am required to volunteer when that decision is made. Working for you."

The King was quiet for a moment, "I will get back with you in a couple of days on that. I want you to take a couple of days to yourself first."

Travious nodded, "Understood, Your Majesty. I also wanted to report that I made contact with two aerial combat units run by humans today. The Griffon Riders, and a group of Paladin Pegasus riders. While at the Griffon riders we found and killed another dragon. A red. She was the Queen's handmaiden. Neither seemed worried 'that far out.' Left communication crystals with both that my Aunt will deliver those to you.

I gave them both every warning I could and they refused to listen from what I saw. The shadow riders and all riders of Elven war horses can now add aerial combat to the list. They can fly. This gives us a tactical way of assaulting from the air on our own horses."

The King gasped, "When did we discover this?"

Travious smiled, "Late last night was the first flight. It explained their incredible jumping skills as well. They have been crossbred with a psionic horse from a para-elemental plane. T'Sarus was the first and Shi'Drakon is fucking his way through every mare at every location we visit. Those are just the ones we know about as others have been here as well.

He provides the final element to what T'Sarus brought to us, Your Majesty. We out flew the griffons to get to their city. Shocked them when we did it. But they said if we knew the way, go for it. We did. You should contact their Queen, she was unaware of your mother stepping down, Your Majesty."

He chuckled, "They are that fast. Good to know. Thank you for keeping me informed. We have some of those horses up here."

Travious smiled, "Next visit to the Palace if he did not get to them this past visit. I am going to the embassy later to see my parents grave. I was unable to attend the funeral due to training, Your Majesty. Any issue you wish for me to look at while I am there?"

King Goldeagle chuckled, "You do not know how to relax."

Travious smiled, "Your Majesty, it is tough to grieve for the losses when I never grieved with their loss. I was in training. When was the last time you have taken the day off, Your Majesty? I have only been actively fighting for less than 2 weeks. Am I authorized to rebuild my assault force?"

He chuckled, "I will think on that one."

He then sighed, "You can start looking for talent. No more than 30."

The crystal went dark. He unsecured the room and headed back into the home.