Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled and walked out. He went down and kissed the other three. He sighed, "I need sleep."

He returned to his room closed and locked it for the doors and teleportation. He just laid on the bed and went to sleep. His mind was in turmoil over what he should do. More importantly when he should do it. He settled on a plan and rest came to him. He awoke in the morning undressed, showered, changed, studied, and ate at the same time.

An hour later and he unsecured his room. He walked out and it looked like He was the only one up. He walked out to the falls and saw the night just started fading away. He was up early. He left a note that said 'Palace.' He walked into the training area and added the sparing ring. As well as an area large enough for them to do acrobatic dismounts from horseback. He locked them in.

He stepped out, "Unsecure entryway." He stepped across. "Secure entryway. Open portal."

Jarronus stepped outside and looked at the guard, "Close portal. Any messages for me I will be at the Palace. Here is a crystal. I will contact you on this when I need to get back inside. Deactivate teleport blocking. As soon as I am gone, reactivate it."

He nodded. He teleported to the Palace and he walked up to the Guard Captain who had his glasses on, "How many on shift Guard Captain?"

He looked at Jarronus, "Why would I give that information out?"

Jarronus handed him his tube, "Queen's special adviser on security."

He read through it, "I was not briefed on this. I would need to confirm it."

Jarronus nodded and pulled out a crystal, "Your Majesty, are you up already?"

He got another guard, "She has me monitoring her crystals. Who is this?"

Jarronus sighed, "This is Count Silvertree Knight Champion, Master Blade Singer. I need to see her in the standard conference room as soon as she is available. This deals with security."

Jarronus looked at the Guard Captain, "I want you to write down the names of the other Guard Captains who work when her court is in session. Something like this should have been briefed. You do not have to give it to me. I can have the Queen get it from you when she calls them all in to find out what in the nine hells is going on."

He turned and walked away and went toward the fourth floor and activated the crystal to Princess Majisa. A voice he did not recognize answered the crystal, "Can I help you?"

Jarronus sighed, "This is Count Silvertree. Would you let Majisa Silvertree, the Gold King, and the six others who were here previously meet me in the fourth-floor conference room as soon as possible? I am headed for the war room."

He shut off the crystal and walked right between the two guards who tried to slow him down. He walked up to the portal and it opened for him and they backed off and returned to their posts. He looked around and a few dwarves were eating morning meals. He looked at the three maps. He found one that had not changed. The one over the humans. He adjusted it around and located the point that he wanted. He marked it with a circle after zooming in on it."

He sighed and waited for it to dry almost two hours later Princess Majisa arrived with the other six. He nodded to them as they did not bring her father.

He sighed, "I need the dragons to prepare a strike team."

She looked at Jarronus, "Why?"

He smiled, "Because I know where the island was located. I know how to find the shelter. They have to ensure the area is cleared first. With them having access to mythic magic it is possible they could reactivate the shield in place. Trap us in as we did them on the return."

She looked at Jarronus, "How do you know?"

He smiled, "Jazzia told me. Technically her son's actions did. I found the hidden note and her hidden research. Every blade wielder keeps a journal. The journals are supposed to be copied into the master journal for significant historical information. Then destroyed. He did not do that. None have since Jazzia's journal was added. In the spine of her journal was a small hand-written note.

Referencing a hidden compartment in her shelter where she kept things that would not fit in the journal. Such as a half-dozen full-sized navigational chart. As well as one showing the dimensions of the island. Including the coordinates for the island if you needed to sail there."

She nodded, "How does this help us?"

He smiled, "Because I am not the only one with a sense of humor. You know of the force wall platforms? You have in your land under the area of the sphere."

She nodded. The elven Queen walked in and looked around, "What is going on this morning?"

He waved her over. "These charts show the locations of those force walls over the island including elevation markers. She placed them on four separate charts and when pieced together." Jarronus put them all in place. "In the center, where they join, you see a diamond. The direction for north is that way.

Then there are 58 force wall platforms covered in fairy fire. That way the Pegasus riders could see the perches. It also created obstacles for any dragon trying to maneuver through that area. Each one at a different altitude. All marked here on the edge."

Majisa nodded, "That does not tell us where the shelter is."

He nodded, "True that does not but before I continue, I have to know which of the 6 is the other champion?"

She looked at Jarronus, "Why?"

He smiled, "Consider it the price of admission to the shelter. I need to know if they have selected a necklace yet to bind with their holy symbol. I could walk around and just hug all six of them. If they have one, I will know which one it is. If they have not then they should not add one yet."

She sighed and nodded and one of them raised a hand. He looked at him, "My Gods have mentioned they can't track dragon champions, my uncle. I cannot see a divine aura on you."

He nodded and lowered whatever defense he had momentarily and then returned it. Jarronus nodded, "What name did Jazzia call you by?"

He smiled, "Nirman."

He nodded, "The one named after the Dragon Queens younger brother then. Here is what you get for sharing. I know what the prism is. I know where the control room for the dome was located. If it is underwater then we know where to look for any draconic presence. As there is a volcano in the area where it could be flat out destroyed. I know the shelter's location, and what the prism looks like."

He took the four charts and flipped them over to reveal a drawing of a necklace. "This was built to be worn by the head of their paladin order.

Typically, the King but not always and not the last King. He came from the clerical side. He was more into their laws at times than good. Especially when it came to being faithful to his wife. This can only be worn by someone who is a devout paladin. I am willing to bet you are a paladin gestalt of some kind."

He nodded, "Paladin Battlemage. One of the ones you would be teaching. In fact, three others are here for that as well. Two are sorcerer based."

He nodded, "Do not discount them. They could work to unleash these abilities. Hard to say. I have the books that will let me teach mages. Sorcerers after seeing could work to learn and tap into it. Some may already have and do not realize it yet. Especially if at different levels they found they were short on a spell."

Two of them looked at each other, "How would you know that?"

He smiled, "A guess. But thank you for confirming for me. There are a half dozen battle-based spells that would be perfect for a dragon battle sorcerer."

Majisa was getting antsy, "How does this tell us where the shelter is or the control room?!"

He looked at her, "You see how the clasp is formed, it leaves almost a perfect rectangle. I need an extra set of hands over here to hold these up. Remember before she was pissed at these people for the death of her men and her horses. Off at the bottom way from this, you will see a small symbol used in elven to denote a grave marker. All of the horses lost were taken to the beach and burned."

She nodded. They held the maps up to the light with the back facing them. "Missing from the front side is the control room and the shelter. If you use the outline of the necklace and then add in the shape of the necklace you find both. The shelter off of this platform. When you try and read it in elven block script going around."

There was some gasping. As it spelled out 'Fiktoc' or elven for Fuckers!

Jarronus smiled, "Fucking brilliant how she hid it and what she wanted to say."

Majisa nodded, "She could be, rather course with her language at times. I could see her doing this. Staria would not have objected given she was attacked as well and teleported back to safety."

He nodded, "Now you will notice that each section of the map on the front side had platforms at one altitude, and then another. The necklace was not drawn on the piece with its platform but on the overlapping piece. Which is why I will only ever assemble them like this in a shelter. A war room if you will. Before we go there, I need to be taken to the shelters used by the Shadow Riders."

She looked at Jarronus, "How come?"

He smiled, "She built them. I have access to them and she set up these same hidden compartments in that design of hers. I need to know what she stored in those locations. This is not something I am willing to share as far as the location of the compartments. Or how to open them. But I will share anything I pull out of them as far as intelligence information. This is a case of something I have to do."

She looked at Jarronus, "Why do you think there is more?"

He smiled, "The last shelter she built was the one on Pegasus island if you will. She would not have used or only had one secret location in that shelter. She would have had many to hide a portable hole containing this necklace. Now she hid this information on four maps. How many shelters did she build in Dragon lands? 4.

What would Staria insist to ensure it was used in a spirit of cooperation? That the information was divided. This one gives the shelter location and island location. The others probably have more information about the shelter itself.

Based upon a short reference in the note. 'I put hidden COMPARTMENTS into my home DESIGNS. You will find THINGS that should be preserved for posterity. For when the time is right for the future CHAMPIONS from my line.'

Those shelters were built before the island and the hiding location would be identical. Only a few knew she was the mother or ancestor of 2 champions who would live at the same time. As I don't want to reveal the one in the family shelter, I would need to pull them from the shelters you took over.

Bahamut chose the champion to be able to wear that necklace. There is only one reason my Gods did not know about this. It would be because Bahamut blocked them from this communication; likely done through draconic psionics that they both had, likely inside that shelter shielded by him and or Helnar as it was in his lands. My Gods did not learn of this note until they spoke with her spirit about it. She apparently did not elaborate on it with them."

They heard clapping from the back of the shelter and Jarronus turned to see a man. He watched 7 dragons take a knee. Jarronus nodded, "Bahamut if I had to guess."

Bahamut nodded, "Your Gods were a bit annoyed at this. I gave a little influence to your ancestors to not destroy the journals until the note was found by a champion. One who would be smart enough to put the pieces together. Please stand."

Jarronus looked at him, "This 'allowing elves' to know draconic spells was Jazzia's price for helping with keeping this from her own Gods."

He smiled, "Yes, she wanted something in return for her people for the future. I also told Lord Regal and Lady Silver Hair, before the land left. That if any race ever took down that champion Shadow Dragon that had plagued my people for 5,000 years, I would match the other dragon gods' move by rewarding that race the ability to tap into draconic magic.

She was the first as a part of that alliance between the Gods. She saved my dragons from killing themselves and this world with the Dragon Sphere. Then sacrificed herself in a selfless act to cut off the incoming chromatic attack that would have potentially killed off the survivors.

She not only helped to save the Dwarves. She saved the world and my dragons from extinction, in this world. She rebalanced the dragons on the field. We had an advantage as we had older dragons still alive because she removed many of the elder dragons before that.

My subjects have been pressing that advantage. Her knowledge of what she did with this was removed from her except for the fact that she left a secret note. She had her sword stored away on a few occasions to allow her sword to be in the dark as she put all of this in place.

She had no knowledge of it when asked by her gods and they did note gaps where she was blocked from them with no knowledge of what occurred in her mind. She was working in an alliance to support both of our goals at the time. I leveraged that alliance to arrange this.

Trust me I have already gotten an earful from your Gods on this, but considering what they also gained from this exchange they have been placated in my hidden efforts. Even Staria was not aware of where the secret compartments were in the home.

Only a wielder of the blade could open the six shelters and four of those are in dragon hands. You have the pieces you need. I cannot say for sure what you will find in the former Pegasus lands as even the Dragon Gods cannot read what each of us is doing. They need to access their draconic spells first and your last brush with death delayed that."

Jarronus nodded, "Sounds like I have some students to take home. We could look to go after my wedding and after the shields are restored here just to be safe. I will give you all of this information on the island Majisa and pull the information from the four shelters. Your men will need to scout the area before the two champions travel there.

Again, we do not want to tip our hand. We should wait for the shields to be back up. I will put the pieces together in the meantime and find the hiding place or places she put in her last shelter."

Majisa nodded, "Fair. I will take you back with me. Do you have what you need now?"

He nodded, "Three crystals for locking down the home with all of the doors open. I need a few minutes of trusted access alone in each home."

She sighed, "I will arrange that when we get there. They will not like the hatchery rooms being unattended."

He looked at her, "Are those the two Water Fall areas?"

She nodded. He smiled, "I can lock a representative inside each of those areas as I do not need access to those areas. It will only be for a few minutes. Please let them know I have better eyesight than they do as it was placed into my sword a long time ago. Trying to hide on me would be a bad idea as I will see them."

She smiled and nodded, "The copper dragons would try to do that. I will warn them all though."

Jarronus looked at the Elven Queen, "Always something, Your Majesty."

She nodded, "Yes Champion. With you, it is always something. I am learning this from my ancestors' journals and dealing with champions."

They chuckled at her as they walked out. They gathered together and teleported to dragon lands. He looked around, "First time here myself." Jarronus extended a hand and the shelter opened for him.

Jarronus looked at her, "When she created it, she created it as the Silvertree Blade Wielder and not herself."

Majisa nodded. They walked inside to see a lot of dragons milling about and several who were shocked to see him. Majisa talked with them and had them open all of the doors except for the hatcheries.

Majisa looked at Jarronus, "They are leaving several mothers in the hatcheries."

He nodded, "I understand that." They took off and he locked down the home. He checked all of the rooms and then went to the master and opened the compartment. He took out two sections of maps like before but more detailed and they did not overlap. He stored them unsecured the home and stepped out.

He teleported over to where they were waiting and repeated the process. He only encountered one sneak. He kicked them out and resealed the home. He found the pages numbered eight sections. He unsecured the home and pulled the information for the island. He handed them to the other champion, "As agreed."

He nodded. They stepped outside, "You ready to start learning?" They nodded. Jarronus contacted his home, "Unsecure for teleportation for me." The guard asked a challenge question.

He sighed, "That is all well and good for guards but you have the wrong crystal. This is Count Silvertree."

He sighed, "I have my orders."

Jarronus smiled, "I will be at my home shortly and the guards on the outside will relieve you on the inside so you can find other work."

He let the crystal go dark and teleported to House Silvertree. Jarronus was approached by guards who slowed down when they saw him. He looked at them, "Get the idiot who has the crystal inside my home to drop the block on teleport so I may send him off to be unemployed."

He looked at Jarronus, "What did he do?"

Jarronus looked at him, "Denied me entry and tried to issue a challenge question. Not knowing what fucking crystal, he held in his hand."

He sighed, "That would be my fault for not educating him about the different crystals."

Jarronus nodded, "Get it open and educate everyone!"

He contacted them and they teleported inside. Jarronus looked at the idiot. "This silver crystal goes to me. If I had died the house is fucked and everything will be out here in the main house.

You would likely get squashed in the process. As it is, you do not issue challenge questions to me. GOT IT?!"

He nodded. He opened the portal, "Unseal entryway."

They walked inside and he looked back, "Close portal and seal entryway."

They looked around and nodded. Brima came out, "Why did you leave?"

Jarronus looked over, "Brima my bride, these six are my Uncles. Born from Jazzia. I am going to teach them about draconic and mythic draconic magic.

One of them is the Dragon champion. I went to see the Queen which led me to the Dragon Princess Majisa and a trip to dragon lands to the shelters Jazzia built. An entertaining day with a visit from Bahamut as well. The metallic dragon deity. He actually clapped for my putting together of several pieces of information our own Gods were blocked from. We will be in the library where I will be teaching them."

She nodded, "Alright. Meetings with royalty and deities I guess we can live with."

The other ladies giggled behind her. Jarronus went and kissed all four of them. He sighed, "Tomorrow night."

They all nodded. He went into the room and they had already copied in some spells. He had them copy in others and as they had not cast anything today, he had them swap spells. He got the champion to memorize one of them twice along with two permanency spells. He got one of his brothers to do the same. They started from the inside out.

He walked the mages through the mythic spells first and god locking the rooms on the interior of his structure. He took them to the outside and they did the other two. He nodded to them, "Order of spells is important, and in the case of the one you have to cast permanency in the middle of casting the other spell."

Jarronus went back inside and ran them through all of the spells and the order required to cast them for the shields. He looked at them, "I have a feeling that god lock is required in there somewhere, to make them permanent. That goes back to the original tome."

They breezed through the pages of the original tome and finally found a reference for god lock and they were shocked by the spell required to accompany the god lock to make it permanent. A willing sacrifice to have their soul or spirit bound into the shield. He sighed and they looked across at him in shock as well.