Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jarronus smiled, "You might be able to get yours working. If Majisa's father volunteers.

They obviously felt it was worth doing once before for the island. It does not say whose life is given up in the exchange but from what I can tell that spell can only be cast on themselves in the middle of a god lock. Two mythic spells intermixed. That tells me it was a dragon before. Their spirit was likely released when the island was destroyed."

He got the sorcerers a list of spells and they identified which ones they liked and the mages added them to the books so they could teach the sorcerers."

Jarronus looked at his uncle. "We should talk with our Queen and your Princess together at the other shelter."

They nodded and Jarronus looked out into the house, "Brima we are going back to the Palace for a while."

She sighed, "I am coming along then as is Mirama."

He nodded, "Understood."

They stepped out and he switched out crystals with the guards taking the crystal to the Queen and activated it, "Your Majesty, we are headed to the conference room. I would like the blade wielders assembled if possible."

She sighed, "Understood."

They lowered the teleport blocker, "WHEN I call on the SILVER crystal, do as I ask. Do not send me a challenge question. Lock it down when I leave and search the building."

He chuckled, "I was briefed on that one."

Jarronus nodded, "Thank you."

Jarronus teleported them into the room and went straight to the war room. It took almost two hours to get everyone together. He held off of briefing them until they had everyone. He looked at the Queen, "We do not need the researchers for the shield. We know the problem. It is unfixable for the dwarves or humans. The dragons and elves could do it but it is a steep price."

She looked at Jarronus, "How much will it cost."

He looked at her, "The casters life or spirit to make it permanent. It is assumed that if it is destroyed the spirit is released. Only Bahamut could answer that question.

Before now only a dragon could make the sacrifice. It uses the god lock mythic with another mythic that is based in necromancy to bind the spirit or the soul if you will to the shield. My home is completely locked into place for what I have set up. They have enough instruction to expand their knowledge and cast them.

Something tells me one knew how to do this but did not have the books anymore. Majisa's father for the dragons would seem to be the likely candidate to consider it if any to secure his people's homeland. Not for me to say or even suggest. Yet I am saying anyway. But it does explain some of his aggravation at me for having the books. He has avoided the last couple of meetings."

Majisa nodded, "He has told me to go without him. I will talk with him about his knowledge of these facts. I know his personal books were buried or destroyed with the destruction of the Palace. Thank you for making us aware of what you found out together."

He nodded, "New Moon, your money has been transferred into your account. Strong Oak, I opened an account for you here is your account number. Your Majesty, the account I transferred the promised assets into for the crown to take care of your troops."

Queen Goldeagle nodded, "You have been busy."

He smiled, "I should be heading home, Your Majesty. I wanted to let the other blade wielders know what we discovered and get those account numbers distributed."

She nodded. They stepped out and he activated the crystal, "Coming home drop the teleport blocker." He got a message back, "You are free to enter."

He brought them in and sealed the teleporter. He handed the crystal to the Queen to him, "Thank you."

He nodded, "The guards are liking the setup you did for the home, yours, and our barracks if you will."

Jarronus nodded, "Trying to prevent another explosion."

He nodded as they went inside. "Unseal entryway." They walked through. "Seal Entryway."

He walked over and turned the teleport blocker on. He walked back to the table and sat down to eat. He ordered food but did not eat very much. As Brima brought the other 2 up to speed on the shield.

Finally, he looked at them, "Hypothetically, If I did something like that in the future. Knowing I would not see you in the afterlife or it would be years before I did but it was for a greater good. How would you react?"

Brima looked at Jarronus, "You are too young to ask that question."

Jarronus chuckled, "I was thinking of Lord Regal. On the verge of death."

She nodded, "I had not thought about it. It would be rather selfless If I were his mate waiting for him, I might be upset by him doing that."

He had three of them nodding but Olivana looked at him, "I would think if it protected his people I would be understanding. If he was on the verge of death. Otherwise, I'd kill him."

The ladies laughed. He just gave a half-hearted grin and left half of his meal on the table. This was not lost on them. Brima looked at Jarronus, "Something you want to talk about?"

He looked at her, "Yes. But I am not allowed too. You have to remember I am a protector of the elven people; with a house on the verge of death. What would you give to protect that?"

They looked down. He got up and headed upstairs. Brima yelled at Jarronus, "You are an adult in a few hours."

He stopped and nodded, "Yes. Until you are all on board with what sacrifices might come my way It would be better to wait."

She stopped him on the stairs, "Explain that? I am a Blade Singer as well."

Jarronus nodded, "If it meant the lives of a hundred would be saved by your falling in battle you would not hesitate. Explain the difference to me. I'm sorry but I was put off by your answer to a serious question."

She held him fast. "What has gotten into you tonight?"

He sighed, "I need to talk with the 4 of you on a conversation I had with the Gods."

The others came toward him and he got them all to follow him. He walked into his room and removed his armor. They sat around on the bed and in chairs and looked at him. Jarronus looked at them, "I told the Gods I would not agree to remarry right away.

If anything at all happened to you. Even you Olivana. I am angry with the state of this house and all of the death. Especially all of the death surrounding the children of the champion. Jazzia had 6 elven children. Five of them died before they reached 100 years of age! She also had 6 dragon children.

The ones who were here today. Not generally known but as one of them is a Champion for Bahamut. The same Bahamut who tried to steal Jazzia. I wanted to point out the difference they are all over a thousand years old. The Knight Paladin had two siblings who both died shortly after he took the field against the orc incursions.

On the same day! He put in his journal the Gods told him only one was destined to live a long life. He died less than a year later. A victim of his success that made Jazzia the champion. I have not gone over the records of all the other Knight Paladin children. I will be willing to bet their lives were not long for this world.

He had a brother who had a wife and children. Also, a sister who found love only in the days prior to her death. The widow of his brother, uncle, and all of the children were killed on the Estate by Drow assassins.

I know Jazzia had the same concern about her children's future. What would you give to ensure your children have a future? The ability to live an elven lifetime?

I am sure she was shocked at how young all of her children died. Except for one. The first blade wielder in generations to live for over 500 years. It went downhill from there with my father having the blade for a year before dying. With him getting all 49 other family members disowned and arrested for corruption, for one form or another.

He put it in his will and did not confront it while alive. Ask yourself why? The only answer I have is he was hoping to have more children. Yet worried about being killed."

Zirra looked at him, "What would you do for sex?"

He laughed, "Good question. The Knight Paladin would get overly aggressive in bed or in the field if he went without for any length of time. Sometimes tearing into his own men because he was so frustrated. He knew he was going to die and he married Jazzia's mother only 5 days before he died.

Because it was what the Gods wanted of him. Eldar married 6 wives 2 days before he died! Before I take any of you to bed, I want you to think about those things. Ask the Lady of Dreams your questions before marrying me. I know you love me.

That is not the issue. If I am out there making a bunch of illegitimate elf-blooded children because it takes a year to accomplish the task. The Gods decide it was your time to die, are you going to be accepting of that? Those gone and those left behind?

Yes, there are things that have driven me to these thoughts. Maybe the Lady of Dreams will address your worries in your dreams. She has not been able to set my mind at ease."

He pulled out quill ink, parchment, and his journal. Jarronus looked at them, "I have a lot of journal entries to add tonight about my day, observations, and thoughts."

They nodded and he kissed them all. He knew he killed the mood for tomorrow's pending wedding. He created a new will and stuck it into the bag sealed. He added his thoughts and issue with petrification.

His frustration with the Gods and his recommendation that if it came down to one Silvertree heir again that they take the money and start a business. Live a long life and let the sword die. He found himself at the falls and sighed. He sat down and put his feet in the water. He did not acknowledge her approach. The Lady sat next to him, "Why are you doing this?"

Jarronus sighed, "You know why."

The Lady of Dreams shook her head, "We backed off of the marriage issue."

Jarronus looked at her, "You restrict me from being able to talk with them about things like replacing the spirit of the sword with myself or why. At least until AFTER they marry me. Tell me that it is not a trap to ensure I have children. I set my will to not acknowledge any children unless I am married to the mother before I die.

No coming back from the dead. In case you did something like this and put the ladies into my bed before I wake. I am sure you made sure my journal was covered in ink with me passing out over it. Tell me I am wrong."

She shook her head, "Possibly. Your head is still falling."

He shook his head, "I will not marry any woman who jumps into my bed because of this. My will is specific. You can get the Queen to ignore it I know. It would just force me to take other drastic actions."

She looked at Jarronus, "What are you wanting?"

He looked at her, "Things you are not prepared to give. They should know about our conversations before we go to get married. Know that I will marry none of them if we have not come to terms with where things are at in regards to wives. They jump into my bed before we marry and it is over. Tantamount to a man taking advantage of a sleeping female.

It does not fall within the bounds of marital rights until we are actually married. I will rewrite my journal every night if I have too. I was extremely upset by their reaction to my question. It made me question if any of them were right to be my wives. I could not even tell them why I was upset! So much for open and honest. I forgot that goes for wives. They are not my wives yet so it is alright to mislead and trap them."

She sighed, "I will talk with all of them. Wake up and save your journal."

He snapped out of it and finished writing his journal. He pulled the documents out and he could not see through the stacked sheets. He threw a light spell on the table and aligned them so he could see the information.

Jarronus sighed, "She set up 12 locations and they all open differently not counting the original."

He wrote it out in a cryptic shorthand that only he would understand.

He took the 8 documents and rolled them up. He sealed the room for everything tonight. He stored them away and crawled into bed. He woke up hours later and took the pages out of the hiding hole and sealed it. He packed up and wrote a note. He left it on the desk, undid the teleport lockout, and teleported down to the grass in back.

He saddled up and called out, "Unseal entryway." He deactivated the door lockout and opened the lower doors and rode out and out the portal before they realized what he did.

He tossed down the crystal he had, unsealed the teleport lockout, and rode away. Jarronus teleported several thousand feet up over the ocean out toward Pegasus island. It was dark but that was the idea. He looked for the light and saw something off in the distance and rode toward it. Jarronus looked out and sighed out, "Ficka."

The island was gone but what was left was a volcanic opening just above the surface of the ocean that was the size of the Eleven Capital. He did not realize it would be that large. The entire island itself became the volcano. He looked over the platforms. Only a couple appeared to be left. He went higher and tried to figure out which ones were which. He got his bearings but did not like how low he would have to go over the lava. More for the horse than himself. Even the upper wall would be too hot for him.

Jarronus sighed, "Hitan, Circle up here. I will come to you."

He jumped off. Once he was low enough, he activated fly and stopped where he thought It would need to be. No luck. He took it down further and further and cycled his vision until he found it. he entered and closed the portal behind him. Jarronus walked inside but he was not alone. A man was there but looked to be dying as he laid in the master bedroom.

He walked over to him. "Who are you?"

He looked up, "Who are you?"

Jarronus sighed, "You do not need to tell me. You are over a volcano though I am curious how you got into this shelter."

He looked at Jarronus, "Been here a very long time."

Jarronus nodded, "If it is since the return you are talking over 1,000 years. He started going around and opening secret compartments. He found a portable hole, then another. He sighed, "Don't suppose you know what is in all of these portable holes do you?"

He looked at Jarronus, "All that is left."

Jarronus nodded, "Of that I am sure. Would you like food?"

He chuckled, "I do not eat."

Jarronus looked at him, "Are you Helnar?"

He looked at Jarronus, "How do you know that name?"

Jarronus smiled as he went back to work, "I am Jarronus Silvertree. My ancestor built this shelter. She left very cryptic clues about this place."

He went and found the others and one had a small bag that was non-magical. He opened it and the pendant was inside. He sighed, "The pendant."

He looked at Jarronus, "You cannot use it."

Jarronus nodded, "I know. Jazzia has a son who is a silver dragon paladin. A champion for Bahamut. He could use it. We have a millennium-old Draco-lich, who was several millenniums old before that, who is on the field. We need something to take him down. An extreme evil that is a paladin worthy foe."

He nodded, "That it would be. It would aid greatly in that quest. I was a fool. Tell your Gods that trying to keep tight control over your people will lead to problems. The downfall of the people. Help in times of trouble but give them room to grow. I failed in that task. They cannot see you inside of here."

Jarronus nodded, "I cleared out the other portable holes from the secret compartments. Jazzia helped you to store these treasures to be saved for the ages?"

Helnar nodded, "Now it is my tomb until you leave and I will finally cease to exist."

Jarronus nodded, "I understand. I will take these away to where your society will not be forgotten."

Helnar nodded, "Do what you can with it. I hope they learn from it. Take this and give it to your Gods."

He handed Jarronus a sealed tube, "They will be able to open it. Tell them it should be done with your present."

Jarronus nodded, "I am supposed to get married tonight by the Lady of Dreams. I am the current champion. I will see her."

Helnar nodded, "Good. Go now before the beast rises from the lava. An ungodly dragon. It consumed many when the island went down. Go."

Jarronus nodded and ran to the door and saw his horse circling and stared as a dragon approached Hitan. The dragon was the size of a mountain, or two. He teleported up and then threw a wall which he slammed through and busted like cobwebs. He teleported away. He was on the platform in the dragon Kingdom outside the shelter from the other day. He sighed as a silver landed beside him and then a gold dragon on the other. He stuck a hand over and the portal opened. They looked shocked.

He looked at him, "They exist because of my ancestors. Get the Gold Princess Majisa. Tell her it is extremely important."

He talked with his friend and they soon had 6 dragons overhead. Jarronus sighed, "Are you doing what I asked?"

He glared at Jarronus. Jarronus looked at the portal, "Seal portal no access in or out." The portal sealed up. The dragon tried to open it and it did nothing.

Jarronus looked at him, "We are allies. Treating me as a hostile prisoner does you a disservice. You would not be here if it were not for Jazzia and her father the Knight Paladin. I am Jarronus Silvertree Knight Champion and Count to the elven court."

Jarronus looked at the portal, "Unseal portal, remain open."

He rode inside and they did not try to stop him. He saw a slew of dragons in humanoid form. Jarronus grabbed a seat at the table and adjusted the map. He centered it over that section of the ocean. Majisa soon joined him with her father. He nodded, "I need to see the other six as well in private."

He zoomed in the map further and further. He found what he was looking for. He centered it on the map. She looked at Jarronus, "This is not the right way to do things."

Jarronus looked at her, "Eldar once came to Lord Regal on a matter that was dragon business. I am doing the same. You know I do not use those words lightly. It does not mean my Queen will not hear about it. But you can tell me what the threat is before I go and see her. Lord Regal could you step outside and change back. I really need a good image of how big you truly are."

He harrumphed, "Why should I?"

Jarronus sighed, "How old were the two outside. Would you expect them to get any larger?"

Lord Regal looked at him, "Maybe a little."

Jarronus looked at him, "Is everyone here cleared to hear sensitive information? I also want the other six in private." He cleared the room and another six came in. "Seal portal until I release it."

He looked at Jarronus, "This is not your home!"

He nodded, "It is one of the homes Jazzia built. She tied it to the owner of the sword. Nirman, step forward please." He stepped up and he set the bag down in front of him. "You are welcome for saving your life."

Lord Regal looked at him, "How so?"

He pointed to the map. "A very close up view of Pegasus island."

He looked at it, "It is a volcano."

Jarronus nodded, "We knew one existed there from the other day when I mapped it. We did not know how big it was. It is the size of the elven capital and home to a dragon ten to twenty times your size, the size of a mountain or two.

It lives in the volcano. Bright red and turned to black the further away it got from the volcano. Punched through a force wall like it was a cobweb. Very fast, but a poor flyer in terms of maneuverability."

Lord Regal looked concerned and appeared to be having a conversation. Jarronus looked at Nirman, "Put it on, I was told it would work for you."

He picked it up and Lord Regal interrupted, "By who?"

Jarronus looked at Lord Regal, "The owner of that relic. Not the people, the god who oversaw the Paladin order on that island. Said it would aid with the Draco-lich. How I do not know. I am not a paladin and that is who it will work for."