Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 05 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He put it on and it adhered to his chest with a high-pitched whine and a flash of light his eyes glowed for a few seconds He looked at Jarronus, "You did well nephew. I know enough."

Jarronus nodded to him and looked back at Lord Regal, "Does that dragon pose a threat to the elven people?"

He looked at Jarronus, "To the world. A Magma dragon born of the nine hells. One has not been seen since before the dragon war and never that big. The return must have awoken it. It can travel the magma channels in the earth and come out of any volcano."

Jarronus nodded, "Like the massively open one over the Dwarven Kingdom. Any chance he is a champion?"

Lord Regal shook his head, "No it would eat chromatic dragons as much as any other. It would rip a Draco-lich apart again and again. Damned near impossible to kill. Our silvers are the greatest weapon against it but it is also the biggest threat to them."

Jarronus nodded, "Dragon rider sorcerers cold based on gold dragons. Best chance to defeat it with the silver dragons in the mix. When it shows. We should go and talk to Queen Goldeagle. I recovered the historically important items from that lost island.

Jazzia and Staria apparently helped him to store an archive of his people. Helnar died as soon as I left with it. At least that is what he said would happen. He would 'cease to exist.' He seemed to think his relic was going to a worthy fight."

They stepped outside and she sighed, "You will have to go to the Palace separately. Just head to the conference room."

He nodded, mounted up, and flew off. He teleported away and landed in front of the Palace. He hopped down and walked inside. The Queen looked at him and waved him forward and he pointed upstairs.

She waved him forward again. He walked forward, "Yes, your Majesty."

She looked at Jarronus, "Where have you been?"

Jarronus smiled, "Your Majesty, the last time I tried to get a private meeting with you and you asked me to discuss it in open court it did not go over well. This is best discussed in private."

She sighed and she apparently got alerted to something. She looked at Jarronus, "Very well." He waited for her to leave and followed her.

She got on a crystal, "Yes he showed up here. We are headed into a meeting."

She let the crystal go dark.

They continued up. She sighed at him, "You had them all worried."

Jarronus sighed and let out a long breath, "Your Majesty, you will soon find out they have a reason to be very worried."

She looked at him wide-eyed as they walked into the room. He headed to the war room. Lord Regal looked at him, "We do not need that."

He looked at his Uncles, "Can one of you god lock the outer room."

One of his uncles walked over and there heard the sound of a lock click in place. He looked at the Queen, "Now you never have to worry about a hot forge being dumped on the floor out here, your Majesty."

He walked inside, "If you want to get answers this is the best place to get them."

They followed him inside. He cast light across the surface of a table and aligned the pages. Having put a key onto them to make it easier to assemble them. He looked at them, "The keys are new. I added them to make them easier to put back together. What you have here is a map of the inside of the shelter. Inside there are thirteen locations. Only 12 are marked which is why I feel safe showing you this. Read the note, Your Majesty."

The Queen looked at the note.

"To my champion who solved this puzzle. Go to this vault alone. Helnar feared for the loss of his people, for all time. The dragon scare was one thing, the return another. He has asked us, with the aid of Bahamut, to create this arc to safeguard the amulet which can only be used and should be given to a paladin.

If I failed with the Draco-lich then this will aid a paladin champion with the task. I am hoping it is one of my sons as Bahamut seems to have been alluding to this. The rest of the vault should be cleaned out in the event of a catastrophe.

It should be taken to the elven people. To House Silvertree to maintain these people's legacy for all times. It is a safety net to ensure they are not lost to history. If I lived beyond the return, I would have had a desire to check on the people and moved the amulet as agreed upon with Helnar to be accessible to his people if needed. You will know of my fate.

Do not let the dragons have this history. They tend to bury history according to Helnar and this is his request. Staria, Bahamut, and Helnar are in agreement with this arrangement. Do not delay and do not let others know what you are doing until it is done. I will have no memory of this once the pieces are laid out. Neither will Staria."

Jazzia Silvertree, Mother of Champions"

The Queen looked at it, "Directions from the previous champion. Why did you say we had something to fear?"

He walked over to the map and opened up and zoomed into the ink circle he had placed. "I showed you the volcano the other day. That is the size of the Elven Capital. Take the largest dragon you have seen and picture it the size of a mountain, maybe two of them.

That is what lives in that crater. Lord Regal called it a Magma Dragon from the Hells. Massively big. Chromatic or metallic makes no difference, he will take them all down equally. As well as anything else that gets in his way. He smashed through a wall of force. Like it was nothing. Barely slowed him down."

She looked at Jarronus, "He is on the other side of the world."

Lord Regal chuckled, "For now. He can travel in the magma flows into the earth and come out of other volcanoes or create new ones if needed. He eats gems, precious metals, and is attracted to strong magical presences. Like the dragon shields and relics."

Jarronus looked at the Queen, "There were no signs of the diamond in the sky there. Most of the walls of force for the platforms they had were gone. He probably just enjoyed smashing them here and there when he was bored. He gets bored enough and we have a shield up. He could create a volcano under the city.

Then consume it all from the inside. He wanted me because I had two relics. My sword and the amulet. Which is now in the other champion's chest, your Majesty."

She looked over and saw the light behind Nirman's eyes.

She nodded. "What are his likely targets?"

Jarronus sighed, "I can think of four or five. The Capital, the dragon Palace royal vault, the dwarven volcano and mineral deposits, Quatarsia, and the Draco-lich's layer depending on what he has lying around. He is not a champion but a world killer, Your Majesty.

You asked for my input on security. My recommendation is getting cold-based sorcerers and casters paired with gold dragons. Dragon riders. With the silver dragons drawing a lot of the fire if you will."

Lord Regal nodded, "Physical attacks are almost useless as it has a metallic-like skin with heavy damage reduction that puts off massive hear. Cold is the best option. Keeping him from getting back into the lava will be tricky as it will heal him back up. The deeper he goes the faster he heals."

He looked at Lord Regal, "These draconic and draconic mythic spells will help with that. Wing lock on that clumsy of a flier could cause him to climb higher or crash into the ground making him a target for cold spells.

From behind. If he were affected by force web it would slow him down that much more. I can start teaching our elven caster day after tomorrow. I get married tonight; if they do not kill me when I get home."

The Queen chuckled, "They were rather upset about your departure. Something about you being in a very depressed mood last night."

Jarronus nodded, "I need to go and see them, your Majesty."

She smiled, "They were on their way here! I will go and get them. They are as involved in this as you are."

She went out and came back in with the four of them two who were mad at him and two hugged him to make sure he was alright. He waved them over to the light table, "Read."

Olivana read through the document, "You knew where this vault was?"

He nodded, "I pieced it together from the documents from the first shelter. Including the location of the control room if the island still stood. Instead, it is a gaping volcano with a damned Magma Dragon in it. The shelter was an arc of knowledge. Also, the final tomb for a god that ceased to exist after I collected the artifacts. I have another 12 portable holes to get emptied.

Then cataloged. All while teaching who knows how many mages draconic magic. As well as cold-based sorcerers if they have the capacity. Last but not least is my apprentices."

Jarronus looked at Majisa, "My recommendation to you is to get anything you have in your vault into a shelter vault to lower your presence.

We should look to do the same with ours but our magic is so widespread." Lord Regal shook his head, "He was likely attracted to that vault and shield. He could sense an artifact with the power of a god in that area even in an extradimensional space he could not open."

Jarronus looked at him, "Then that is what we give him. Build a massive vault over the lava fields, or near it to draw him away from the field. Build a shield over the field. Draw him into a feast that is a trap. Filled with magical gear and relics in storage for one reason or another.

We would have to build one or two for the elves nearby while you build one or two for the dragons. We move the content of the major vaults from both lands into those spaces and we draw him there. We move the forge into another near that area and set it for operations. We create one massively big target location for it."

Lord Regal nodded, "That might work. Especially if we can get these casters trained with the right spells. Your blades will attract attention. Keep them spread out or all together only when we are ready to spring this trap.

The dwarves will love it because that dragon dies and cools it is a mixture of gems, gold, and other ores including mithril and adamantium."

Jarronus nodded, "I need the rod of expansion back, Your Majesty."

She nodded, "I have it in a room in here. He left it for you. I should have ensured you got it when you awoke but I got...distracted."

She turned red at recalling walking in on him naked. She looked at him, "This is important?"

He nodded, "Very, it is a mythic meta-magic that was enchanted into the rod by Staria and given to Knight Paladin and then Jazzia to be able to move the forge. I do not know why Jazzia got it but it has come in handy. It might have had to do with moving of the control tower out here or contingencies for the forge. It is a greater version so it will work on tier nine spells. With force web heightened and expanded with that rod it might slow him down."

Lord Regal smiled, "That it might. She was one of the most gifted casters we had. We are just rebuilding to that level. It takes a millennium for a dragon to be old and strong enough to cast mythic. They are building up their bodies and defenses during that time. Slowly working on capping out their magical talent."

Jarronus backed away and then looked at Lord Regal, "Please do not say dragon business on this and I will explain why. Have you gotten access to the remains of your royal vault? My journal made mention of a robbery and several artifacts including one that stopped teleportation. Would any of those be of value in the same power range as the forge for the purposes of creating more Draco-liches?"

He sighed and frowned at Jarronus, He finally looked at them, "We will soon and that concern is valid. We will get our dragon mages creating these new vaults closer to dwarven land."

Jarronus looked at the Queen, "It is on the opposite side of the volcano but is there any shafts in that area that the dwarves would want to use to place the forge in? Or secure it in a shelter in that same region in order to get it operational and centralize these relics. It pulls the targets away from the cites and to these centralized vaults.

The Draco-lich and another champion who are also highly magical would attempt a move against this area. Possibly together. All of that magic in one area and we could have a three or four-way fight on our hands."

Lord Regal chuckled, "Not likely."

Jarronus sighed, "I will ask you this Lord Regal. When a Silvertree has thrown a 'not likely' question into the room how often 'has it occurred?'"

The dwarven King who has remained silent until now entered the conversation, "We have a few shafts with feeder tunnels in that area. Good deposits just far from our current homes. A lot of which were destroyed. We could potentially expand in there.

Lord Regal stared at Jarronus, "Your family has had a history of seeing visions and putting together conspiracies. You get a vision on this?"

Jarronus ignored him for the moment and looked at the Dwarven King, "We set up a series of shelters like this one with different security measures getting to the forge and you could put it back into operation. While still in the shelter but down in a tunnel."

He nodded, "We could at that. I will have our sappers look over that area again. It has been a while since we surveyed it. They have trapped the lower tunnels after encountering scouts. They expect it will come crashing down when the explosives close that major tunnel in a few weeks."

Jarronus looked at Lord Regal, "A dragon champion of an evil god, an evil Draco-lich, and an evil dragon bent on destroying the world walk into a bar. It sounds like the beginning of a very bad joke. I am not getting any visions on this. As it is dragons for all three, I would suggest you ask your dragon champion and Dragon Gods for guidance. The same God who hid all of this and put me eye-to-eye with your world killer. Ask him if it is that far-fetched."

Jarronus looked over, "Your Majesty, I have enough time to get home for a late mid-day meal, time to talk with the ladies, and have a light dinner before we go to Silent Falls to get married. Provided they have not changed their minds."

The Queen nodded, "Thank you for your input today and identifying this matter. You were correct. This was not something for open court. Not to be discussed at this point."

He nodded, "One other matter, your Majesty. I will update this periodically but I would like you to hold my will."

He handed her the bag and she sighed. Then she nodded, "Understood."

They started to walk out and he looked at Majisa, "This is not a joke. For over 2,000 years a Silvertree elf champion and dragons have stood watch over this world. Worked to keep it from destroying itself. On the backside of just about every engagement, a Dragon was involved.

Trying to rule the world or attempting to completely restart the world. The big difference is you have a dragon Champion on the field who is also a Silvertree. Tell me your God is not chuckling at the irony of needing two Silvertree champions for these threats."

He walked out toward the horses. He mounted up and the ladies stayed close. Brima held his horse's reins until the others were mounted and she handed them to Zirra. She mounted up, "Home?"

He shook his head, "One-stop, maybe two." He teleported them to the Academy. "Zirra still has not told her brother."

She sighed and went inside to find her brother. Brima looked at him, "The Goddess visited all of last night. Together. She answered our questions. We understood your concerns about our reactions. Why you are offering to do what you have. She said they do not know if they will take you up on this or not. You have been going back and forth from saving it or killing it."

He looked at her, "I could have flown into the mouth of that world killer if I wanted to end the house. The eleven people. The rest of the world. She told me to live for love. How can I keep something that big from you and still let you make an uninformed decision or to feel trapped in the decision?

You have all known I want this house to remain free of corruption in the future. You have all known I questioned if it was worth saving. The radical rule changes for this house's future. Then I learned what I learned. That the previous champions and heroes are just as concerned about the state of this house. Including the sword or should I say the spirit of the sword.

They could not get a single hero or champion to support their position for the state of this house. All the more reason my request should be considered. They want it free from corruption then put a guardian adviser who will judge that requirement in the wielder. A special purpose of the blade, to root out corruption in their own house."

Olivana leaned against him and hugged his arm, "After the loss of my sister I wondered what could cause her to do such a thing. It came down to wanting more for her family. She wanted money as she thought it was the answer. You have been giving it away left and right, right in front of us.

Your wanting to keep your family from following my sister inspires me. We all expressed our frustration that they would leave us with revelation while people stood by waiting to get married. We agreed that the turmoil you were feeling was justified. Knowing what you were questioning. We each have questions for you when we get back to the house."

Zirra finally came out with her brother, he bowed to Jarronus and he chuckled, "We will soon be brothers do not bow to me. The title is something for the elven courts. Not among my family."

He smiled, "She said you were different. She told me you cleared my family debt."

He nodded, "I also opened an account for you which your sister has oversight on until you get older. A trust, which is yours but can be accessed sooner rather than later in order to ensure you have everything you need. Something with which to rebuild your small house if you so desire."

He nodded, "Thank you for doing that. I know assuming a family's debt falls to when a family is absorbed so you did not have to do that. It would have fallen to me."

Jarronus nodded, "If I had not your sister would have. I ensured you got a fair shot at life and not the debt of your parents or their parents amassed. Just remember money is a means to an end. Live a noble life as you become the patron of your house."

He looked at Jarronus, "With the debt cleared I will be a patron. I had not thought of that. I better add a court etiquette class or two in the future."

Jarronus nodded, "My apprentices here are picking that up as a reading assignment. As often as I am called to court with them. In fact, why don't you join us today? The ladies can bring you back to the Academy tomorrow."

He looked at his sister who nodded. They all got mounted up and he took them to the market district in front of the wedding shop. He walked inside with the boy and got him outfitted. Brima took Olivana to give the outfit to her father. They regrouped after shopping. Zirra got them to open the door. They teleported in, went inside the portal, turned on the security, and bedded down the horses. They sat down and ate.

He looked at his students, "Library find the books on etiquette. Spend the next few hours until evening meal reading up on your material. Jack, get started on the Blade Singer material. There are a hundred books in the first year. I expect you to be through all of them in 6 months.

I expect you all to be done and completed with all of the reading material in 15 years. Two of you have a big head start. I will be asking you about what you read tomorrow after the midday meal. Young Silver Flute, they can show you how to get food in the library and there is a complete set of books in there so you can pick up where you left off."

He grabbed his food and headed up to his room and sat at the table. They followed him in and they sealed off the room. He looked at Brima, "You were the first to find me. Start with your questions."

1...34567...15